[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

11 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

What are we trying to make official? JoonU Trash or Uaena Angels? Personally, I wouldn't want to go around calling myself trash. LOL. And since we're on this ship together, with both IU fans and JG fans, I think it's only appropriate that, if we give ourselves an official name, both halves of the ship would be included in said name. Uaena Angels would give more focus to IU, which seems a bit unfair.

But that's just one opinion (mine). I'm open to other opinions and thoughts. Disagreements to my opinion is acceptable too. lol. Or even other official name suggestions.

Something to do with stargazing since Joongi keeps referencing stars in his IG posts?

Pegasi (plural of Pegasus), Stargazers, any other suggestions?

• Like 15

8 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Copying here what I shared on the main thread.

As @akinahana89 mentioned, she, myself, @LyraYoo and @peny have been discussing this at length and wanted to share our speculations with all of you.  Will there be a sequel? Unfortunately, we don’t think that’s going to happen, BUT, we don’t think so because there was always another plan in the works…specifically a feature film.  Will it happen? This was reported early on during the first few months of the shoot. As such, we have irrefutable confirmation that this info comes from a reliable source (click here).  So the real question is this: Will they proceed with their plans to release a feature film?

Odds Are Good

Spoiler

Yes. The odds look good it will happen. Here are a number of reasons we think it will:

1)      The NBCUniversal factor – From a business/revenue perspective, NBCUniversal would have focused on the international potential and not the domestic South Korean potential when deciding on their investment and participation. This MAY mean that the feature film will still be produced based on its international success and not how it fared domestically.

2)      Proven global success – SHR receiving the Grand Prize Award of Korea Global Brand firmly acknowledged SHR succeeding in its targeted international markets and beyond. Despite SHR not being considered one of SBS’ more successful dramas, at least based on Korea’s traditional rating system, the broadcasting company still profits from its international success and distribution.

3)      Opportunity to revive and/or increase interest in South Korea – The anticipated demand for the feature film may give the drama new legs by giving existing SK fans a chance to revisit the drama; and for those in SK who didn’t see it, an opportunity to check it out. Should the feature film also be distributed in South Korea (there’s a chance it might not be based on predecessor features done for dramas like Iris), it would give the South Korean audience an opportunity to see what was changed or improved.

4)      Demand for SoSoo/SoHae-focused version with a definitive ending – Of all the story arcs within SHR, the story of So and Soo remains the most popular. In fact, the open ending involving the two main characters has already created a huge demand for a definitive ending that would not only provide closure for the couple, but also for all the drama’s fans who are hoping the star-crossed lovers will have the opportunity to reunite. Since the alternative ending would definitely be a part of the feature film, we can assume that it will likely focus on the two main characters, thus many of the other characters and their story arcs will either be greatly abbreviated, or in some cases, cut out. What or who will make the cut??? If the feature happens, we’ll have to wait and see. One thing is for certain.  Going from 20+ hours of aired video and incorporating deleted or additional footage will definitely make the resulting piece quite different.

5)      Clues shared by the cast – Lee Joon Gi and IU’s recent IG posts were believed to have hinted at a possible sequel to the drama, but other than their posts, there’s nothing else that points to that happening.  Many assumed the missing 21st century ending, as well as other deleted scenes might be shared in a special episode, but there is no news to confirm this either. What’s left, however, is the original plan to release a feature film. 

6)      PD Kim actually did something similar for the drama IRIS in 2009 (IRIS: The Movie  was the result.)  – Similarly, it would be a feature-length edit of the 20-episode drama, along with additional footage shot for the theatrical version which included a different ending (Iris’ ending didn’t actually change in the feature film, but it would definitely change for SHR since footage was specifically shot for it).  Sound familiar?

7)      Tight cast and crew continues to spend time together – While it’s true that the cast and crew became very close during the drama’s shoot, it’s been interesting to note that all the post-shoot dinners shared by members of the cast have also been attended by PD Kim and writer Jo Yoon Young. Why? Both are actually close to the cast, but it would make sense that there would be additional planning involved for the theatrical release. Because of the popularity of SoSoo/SoHae, it likely made sense to the PD, writer, and LJG that they help keep SHR and SoSoo’s popularity maintained until formal marketing could be put in place and initiated for the film.

8)      NBCUniversal to possibly manage the distribution and marketing effort – For many of you familiar with creating FMVs or accessing FMVs or English translations of BTS footage with Youtube as the primary platform, sometimes  you’ll see instances where access has been prohibited completely or by country because of copyright issues. For SHR, most of those copyright claims were initiated by SBS, but I found for myself here in the states that it was NBCUniversal who prohibited the sharing of a video I had done using clips from SHR. I didn’t think about this twice until we started discussing the possibility of the feature film.  If it happens, NBCUniversal assumes the role of ‘distributor’ and will be the entity executing those copyright claims.

By the way, I should note that if they move forward with the feature, there's a chance it will likely go straight to DVD and on-demand platforms.  If the teams trying to secure a director's cut DVD are experiencing any issues convincing PD Kim or the production team to approve and move forward with this project, a planned feature film might be the reason they say no.

EDIT: I never thought there was anything that would dim my love and excitement for SoSoo and SHR, but the US Election results is leaving me speechless. 

I'd like to add two further speculations to this:

1. Many SHR viewers assumed that the PD-nim overshot for the drama because he overestimated the amount of content he could use since the drama would be pre-produced. However, what if that had been his intention from the beginning? Shooting for both the drama and the film all in one go while the cast was still under contract obligations. As we all know, there were A LOT of cut scenes, some of which we only knew about from the SBS version of the drama and others we know about because it was mentioned by the cast. How many other scenes are there that we, as viewers, are completely unaware of? As an experienced PD, wouldn't it make more sense to say that he was shooting extras for the spin-off film feature to provide new content for it than to say that he overestimated the amount of content he could use?

2. In one of @ruizaio's last updates pertaining to the Director's Cut DVD, she had stated that the organizer had been in contact with the PD. PD-nim had told them he was tired and didn't want to discuss the DVD at that time. Initially, the organizers thought he must have been tired from re-editing the final two episodes of SHR, but it was eventually deduced that PD-nim was lying when the last two episodes of SHR on SBS were nearly identical to the international version. BUT, what if he was telling the truth and he was tired... not because he was editing the last two episodes of SHR, but because he was working on editing the spin-off feature film?

edit://

@Siracusa I like Stargazers. ^^ Definitely makes it easier if we were to create graphics or banners for it too. lol.

• Like 20

:wub:

2 hours ago, Siracusa said:

Something to do with stargazing since Joongi keeps referencing stars in his IG posts?

Pegasi (plural of Pegasus), Stargazers, any other suggestions?

How about JoonU Stargazers?

• Like 9

@Siracusa

I Love stargazers its cool and has deep meaning for them and us...

Well if about love triangle JG will back off i find it strange from his post in IG (I'm begin to feel scared thinking he's lurking here) and I'm really suspicious about JE cutting her hair soo short, did anyone here now when was exact time JE already cutting her hair short??because 12 okt she already has short hair and JG more intense in his IG from chromatic eyes until now stargazing pict and JE too she's comeback in 17 okt with fenomenal pessos pict that held deep meaning in it the two of them smile really happy (i love what JE post more than in film)..  her post make me suspicious about her current status,, 

I read that article how i love this man more because i don't know why but the way he talk to the media I feel like he's protecting JE, and he's aware JE has many hater that will attack her anytime,, omg if that's true then i really pray harder so JG will be happily ever after with JE forever... 

• Like 18

31 minutes ago, Thirza Zhavira said:

@Siracusa

Well if about love triangle JG will back off i find it strange from his post in IG (I'm begin to feel scared thinking he's lurking here) and I'm really suspicious about JE cutting her hair soo short, did anyone here now when was exact time JE already cutting her hair short??because 12 okt she already has short hair and JG more intense in his IG from chromatic eyes until now stargazing pict and JE too she's comeback in 17 okt with fenomenal pessos pict that held deep meaning in it the two of them smile really happy (i love what JE post more than in film)..  her post make me suspicious about her current status,, 

I read that article how i love this man more because i don't know why but the way he talk to the media I feel like he's protecting JE, and he's aware JE has many hater that will attack her anytime,, omg if that's true then i really pray harder so JG will be happily ever after with JE forever... 

its what i love about JG too... Jieun is a very complicated artist cause she do what she want and stand for what she believe so she a little controversial artist also many of her hater is female cause i don't really know why but its got to do with so many fanboy that Jieun got in entertainment biz... so being close with her is a little tricky and even her close friend always protect her from media so even she have many friend she don't often  show them on screen...

JG is always for me stand for what he believe too.. we can see in the way that he praising Jieun even when he obviously know how netz think about idol actor.. JG never once back down from what he said and think.. he just did't afraid showing that she actually make him impress and i just loved how in press conference he did't afraid to get close to Jieun ( cause many of her co star maintain their distance even they are close to avoid any scandal )... we can see that in the way JG answer what he think about Jieun is careful and he make sure nothing can be used against her later on.. he also praising her in a subtle way but he never stop praising Jieun if it come to her since the beginning...

that's why many Jieun fan love JG... cause he know how to protect Jieun and he do not afraid standing for her...

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Thirza Zhavira said:

@Siracusa

I also like Stargazers ^^ beautiful name...

Spoiler

I ever read article about one of personnel voldemort band said he's don't comfortable with voldemort relationship and her. I dislike to hear it ;) maybe that's why voldemort didn't want to many answer about his relationship, i think it's not good, he's kind of WW. I'm also curious about their current status :phew:

I agree that Joon Gi can protect Ji Eun from haters (like WS did) he knows the situation but he can handle it and bring the positive one for her (Joon Gi can give reasons why everyone also should love and respect Ji Eun as he does) i ever said i like it very much when i know they had same friend circle, so their friends can support them as well, they're comfort each other to show their relationship.

Spoiler

I want to share like my first otp, that Kyo's friends are Ki's friends, vice versa. It seems he's the one who initiate that, he want to comfort their relationship and get to know close to her friends. Even we never get the official of their status ^^ but as shipper, we're so bless as we know they're still together as best friend. 

Why the story is same with SHR but in modern time version? hahaa...these two make me insane :D yes, pray hard so Joon Gi and Ji Eun have good times together.

@Gabi Bros yes, i like their mirror moles since early this thread kkk...never bored if someone repeat talk about their similarities. I think they also had same moles in their neck...i hope someone can make the comparison too :wub:

• Like 14

12 hours ago, Gabi Bros said:

To add:

In the drama, Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul and IU were entangled in a love triangle. When asked how he would handle a love rival in real life, Lee Joon Gi said that he would choose to take a step back and retreat from the love triangle in order to see things more objectively. He says, "What's yours will be yours. Isn't there an English song that says 'Whatever will be will be'? Lee Joon Gi is referring to the song "Que sera sera" which means not forcing things and allowing nature to take its course.
Translated by: Transhamster Kindly repost with credit
EDIT: Taking from JG Family

Okay. So now it's okay to assume that he will wait for JE. It's the right thing to do after all. I am okay with it because it's not as if he is not doing anything. There are indirect things but at least they're something and I hope they really don't mean nothing.

• Like 10

Lunch tiime and time to backread!!! Finally!

First..share this gif first...from http://blueeski.tumblr.com/

Seem like in tumblr, there is this #Goryeoweek going on..that why alot of beautiful gif for MLSHR...

tumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo8_r1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo7_r1_540.gif

“No.” A long time passes before he adds, “She crept up on me.”

Goryeo Week: Day 2 ; « my eternal companion »

Favorite Couple: Wang So & Hae Soo - Sosoo

Full GIF in spoiler, our favorite OTP as well, love story of our favourite OTP...and I miss them dearly....

Spoiler

tumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo8_r1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo2_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo3_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo4_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo5_r1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo6_r1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo9_r1_540.giftumblr_offkxrWa9H1u1zscjo7_r1_540.gif

• Like 22