(Glamorous Temptation, Mama, Dong Yi)

Writer

Song Ji Na (Healer, Faith)

Park Chan Kyung

No Sun Jae

Episodes: 40 

Broadcast Period

2017-July-17 to 2017-Sep-19
Mondays and Tuesdays 22:00 (2 episodes back-to-back)

About the Show

Drama series is set during the Kingdom of Goryeo.

Won (Siwan) is a crown prince of Goryeo. He has a pretty appearance, but he also has a lust for conquest. He is best friends with Wang Rin (Hong Jong-Hyun) who comes from a royal family and is his bodyguard. Beautiful Eun San (Yoona) appears in front of the two young men. She is the daughter of the richest man. The three become good friends, but things change after Wang Won and Wang Rin both fall in love with Eun San.

Based on the novel "Wangeun Saranghanda" by Kim Yi-Ryung (published August 19, 2011 by Paranmedia).

Production Information

"King Loves" takes over MBC's Monday & Tuesday 20:00 time slot previously occupied by "Lookout".

The drama is fully pre-produced.

First script reading took place December 21, 2016, at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea.

Filming for the drama series began January 2017 and finished on 15th of June.

– The drama is invested by Chinese company Tencent.

– This is Im Shi Wan‘s last project before he enlists in the military in 2017.

Siwan - Wang Won

Yoona - Eun San

Hong Jong-Hyun - Wang Rin

Park Hwan-Hee - Wang Dan

Oh Min-Suk - Song In

People around Wang Won

Jung Bo Suk as King Chungnyeol
Jang Young Nam as Queen Jangmok
Uhm Hyo Sup as Lee Seung Hyoo
Jae Ho as Jin Quan
Ki Do Hun as Jang Eui

People around Eun San

Lee Ki Young as Eun Young Baek
Park Ji Hyun as Bi Yeon
 Song Soo Hyun as Bi Yeon (young)

People around Wang Rin

Kim Ho Jin as Wang Young
Yoon Jong Hoon as Wang Jeon

People around Song In

Choo Soo Hyun as Ok Boo Yong

Others

Choi Jong Hwan as Song Bang Young
Ahn Se Ha as Gae Won
Kim Kyung Jin as Yeom Bol
Kim Jung Wook
Kim Byung Choon

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki | Koreandrama |

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Im Shi-wan, Yoon-ah headline new historical drama The King Loves

by girlfriday | September 20, 2016 | 72 Comments

ImShiWan_Yoonah1.jpg

Well, it’s about time that Im Shi-wan came back to dramaland. Not that I blame him for being extra careful; when you break out in a drama like Misaeng, creating some time and distance between Jang Geu-rae and your next TV character seems like a smart move. He’s signed on to star in the new sageuk The King Loves as the titular king who—what else—falls in love. Starring opposite him will be Girls’ Generation’s Yoon-ah (Prime Minister and I), whose other drama, tvN’s action thriller The K2, is due out this Friday.

The pre-produced drama will be set in Goryeo, and tells the story of an ambitious antihero king, and two fictional characters who will shape his destiny. Um… that sounds a lot like Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo without the time-travel. But you know what, despite being up to my eyeballs in Goryeo princes right now, I do wish I could see a drama do this the grand, sweeping way, and not the clunky, confusing way. Maybe The King Loves will get it right? Is it wrong that I wish Lee Jun-ki and IU could jump ship and do this one instead?

Im Shi-wan stars as Chungseon, the 26th king of Goryeo, though the story will begin when he’s the crown prince. He’s a strikingly beautiful young man, but that beauty and virtue on the outside hides a twisted thirst for conquest underneath. He’s described as having the wisdom of a snake, a shocking temperament, and an eloquence that makes him especially good at drawing people to his side.

The prince is described as Janus-like because of the wily ambition hidden behind his alluring charm, but he’s also a tormented man who’s lacking for affection. He’s a bundle of contradictions: sensitive, bewitching, capable, cruel, and greedy. The drama will portray his terrible rebellion, and “the beautiful but tragic love story” that involves his closest friend and the woman they both love.

Their love for her will drive the country to its destruction, in fact. Yoon-ah will play the beautiful woman San who is loved by two men, described as the Goryeo-era Scarlett O’Hara. She’s the only daughter of the wealthiest man in the nation—her father comes from the royal line and does anything if it means amassing more wealth. The third leg of the triangle is a man of royal descent named Ryn, described as elegant, refined, and upright in character. In one fell swoop, the heroine will “break down their strong bromance that’s as beautiful as a flower.” Well it couldn’t have been that strong if a girl’s going to break it down. Just sayin’.

Both actors have been confirmed, and the 100 percent pre-produced drama will begin shooting in November. It’s currently being considered at MBC for a 2017 broadcast.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/im-shi-wan-yoon-ah-headline-new-historical-drama-the-king-loves/

Like other say, they might be not ideal couple but I love to see both as on screen couple...

htm_2016092165940981493_99_20160921070009.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-20%2Bat%2B6.00.14%2BPM.png

Ilgan Sports  - Naver: [Exclusive] Im Siwan and Yoona cast as leads in drama 'The King Loves' 

1. [+1,566, -165] Hul... Looking forward to Im Siwan!!

2. [+1,338, -241] Wow, the visuals are daebak ㄷㄷ

3. [+1,202, -242] Their visuals remind me of a deer so they match ㅋㅋ Can't wait~♡

4. [+819, -125] Im Siwan in a sageuk!! His first after 'The Moon Embracing the Sun'!! Really looking forward to it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's looking to be an eye candy drama

5. [+1,228, -301] Anticipating Im Siwan and Yoonaㅋㅋ Handsome and pretty

6. [+214, -35] The production company has no manners for media laying about it.. Yoona's new drama hasn't even aired yet, why are you blatantly releasing articles? Plus there's no statement from the crew either...

7. [+250, -49] Yoona's new drama is yet to be aired, why is SM pushing it so much? This doesn't seem right, why not make an announcement at a later time?

8. [+156, -21] Who are the writer and director? Look at Moon Lovers, no matter how good the original is, the writer has to be good as well in order to do justice to the original story.. I wonder if it's just speculation at this point

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/casting-yoona-im-siwan-lee-yoo-won-jin.html

Thank you for creating the thread @Go Seung Ji

Another version.

DRAMAS

Girls' Generation's YoonA and ZE:A's Siwan to play the leads in a new drama?

By yckim124    8 hours ago    36,473    8,548    22

YoonA,Siwan

Girls' Generation's YoonA and ZE:A's Siwan may be partnering up for a new drama!

According to insiders, "Siwan and YoonA have been chosen to play the leads of a pre-filmed drama, 'The King Loves'." Siwan will be playing Wang Won, a wise king from the Goryeo dynasty known for his outstanding leadership. As for YoonA, she'll be the "Scarlett O'Hara" of Goryeo, alluring many with her incredible beauty. 

Filming for 'The King Loves' is set to start some time in November after the end of YoonA's current drama 'The K2'. It is in talks to broadcast through MBC.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/girls-generations-yoona-and-zeas-siwan-to-play-the-leads-in-a-new-drama

YoonA And Im Siwan Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Drama

YoonA And Im Siwan Confirmed To Star In Upcoming Drama

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and ZE:A’s Im Siwan have been confirmed to star in upcoming drama “The King Is in Love” (tentative title). The drama is described as a fusion sageuk and a passionate melodrama.

Im Siwan will act as crown prince Won who is ambitious and has a desire to conquer. It appears as though he will face a royal contender named Rin who has yet to be cast. YoonA acts as San who is loved by both men. A tragic romance involving love and ambition is set to ensue.

With Goryeo Dynasty as the backdrop, Won struggles with his aspirations to become an excellent monarch and conquest. Meanwhile, his friend Rin battles his feelings regarding love and friendship. As for San, she is described as a femme fatale that leads the two men to dissolution. Won and Rin are childhood friends who have a brotherly bond but it’s at stake due to their mutual love for San.

This will be Im Siwan’s drama comeback since his breakout role in tvN’s “Incomplete Life” (also known as “Misaeng”) approximately three years ago. He has since acted in several movies. YoonA is currently acting in “K2.”

“The King Is in Love” is currently in talks with MBC. The drama will be 100 percent pre-produced and will start filming in November.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/20/yoona-im-siwan-confirmed-star-upcoming-drama/

My ultimate bias <3 Another drama! I'm so excited~ 

I wonder who'll be the second male lead, since it seems he'll end up with Yoona's character, San (that's what happened in the novel, anyway).

Yoona will follow up The K2 with a historical co-starring Siwan

by Nhu Nguyen on Wed, Sep 21, 2016

c7b19105-4441-4ced-8bd9-b6b157445734.jpg

Yoona has already lined up a follow-up drama after The K2, and it’ll be historical - Im Siwan will even be her royal love.

Love puts friendship to test in the upcoming melodrama tentatively titled “The King is in Love”. Reportedly, ZE:A member, Siwan, and Girls’ Generation member, Yoona, will be leading the fusion series set during the Goryeo dynasty. San (played by Yoona) is characterized as a charming femme-fatale-type of a woman who is caught in a love triangle between two longtime friends, Won and Rin. Won (played by Siwan) is characterized as a clever and determined crown prince with a yearning for conquest. Currently, the casting of Rin is still unconfirmed.

“The King is in Love” marks Siwan’s return to the small screen with his last drama being Misaeng (2014). He’s cultivated quite the acting career for himself since filming cameos in 2010 then his breakout supporting role in the Joseon-era, The Moon that Embraces the Sun (2012).

The period drama is scheduled to begin filming in November and air in early 2017, with 100 percent pre-production.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/yoona-will-follow-up-the-k2-with-a-historical-co-starring-siwan/

Please click "AWESOME" button when you visit the page...thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Annyeong everyone :)

This drama definitely will be on my list. Love YoonA to bits, so of course I would not miss any one of her dramas except for Cinderella Man :P. I have missed that drama and now unable to find time to watch it. So many new dramas are coming up.....

Annyeong @michiusa i hope we will meet in this thread once K2 ends......

annyeong chingu

anticipating this drama because the plot is interesting. i'm kinda fed up with action/thriller drama this year, so i'm looking for a good romantic drama now. i watched misaeng and it's pretty good, and currently watching the k2 YoonA is daebak there, so that's the reason i'm awaiting this new drama.

Guest julie721

Check in....

anyeooooong everyone.. I'm here. Of course I'd be here, the drama has my bias!!!!!!! :wub:

hope the journey with KL will be enjoyable.. We're in this together people

55.gif

Guest julie721

@alekaonu ofcourse darling.. Wherever you go I'll follow you... Who do you think/want for our 2nd male lead? Anyone? He has to be beautiful, right, for San to fall for him instead of Won.

im excited also for the hanbok. I hope the costume department provide beautiful clothes. Is the drama genre melodrama? -preparing for sad ending-

On ٩‏/١١‏/٢٠١٦ at 1:14 AM, julie721 said:

Check in....

anyeooooong everyone.. I'm here. Of course I'd be here, the drama has my bias!!!!!!! :wub:

hope the journey with KL will be enjoyable.. We're in this together people

GUUUURL i've been watching you at TheK2 bage 

and now you are her 

let's enjoy this drama after K2 chingoo :heart:

Guest julie721

@auomiiii guuuuurl.. You're here too? Excited!!! :wub:

looks like San (Yoona) is seen today at TKL Meeting on MBC.. 

Guys.. We got our co-writer for TKL.. It's assistant writer from drama "Healer".. I know I know.. Talk about that connection and coincidence (?!?)

33E8EF9E-8DAA-431B-BB05-BDE92C9B9D32_zps

annyeong, you are heeeerreee! i constantly check this thread (and another thread ofcourse) but nothing yet. 

annyeong, @julie721 you are here too! ummm, did i see 'Healer' there? ummm coincidence? :lol:

gotta wait this drama, i'm curious if Mirror of the Witch and Healer mixed, what's it gonna be? 

Guest julie721
2 hours ago, gyu2003 said:

annyeing, you are heeeerreee! i constantly check this thread (and another thread ofcourse) but nothing yet. 

annyeong, @julie721 you are here too! ummm, did i see 'Healer' there? ummm coincidence? :lol:

gotta wait this drama, i'm curious if Mirror of the Witch and Healer mixed, what's it gonna be? 

@gyu2003 im here im here... 

The answer Of your question: it's gonna be "THE KING'S LOVE"

ah.... I'm so smart... 

pumpgirl.gif

Ok.. Got this while wandering on the sea of tweets:

0B646AAF-6FBF-480A-BE15-2D16055F9312_zps

Archived