[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Princess Agents 特工皇妃楚乔传

sugarplum892

10 minutes ago, claribelle3 said:

Red ears , red ears alert!:D Seriously, these two need to work together again asap! So much beauty and chemistry !

This is the first ever initiative from XE to give YWY his sweetest loving kiss who finally got his wish to have her love him back once again.  

Yes, i need LGX and ZLY to collaborate too in any project asap.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good Lord!... I've spent my entire morning responding to posts... It's just as well I'm stuck at home with a sick kid! :o :lol: I had no idea of the time. Dear me.

I think so. While I think the bickering is a facade on some level, I also think that it demonstrates a certain kind of raw honesty that shows how comfortable they are with each other. The dynamic is even more striking when you compare CQ's relationship with YX. Which is a nonentity these days. There's no honesty left in that relationship. Nothing. They're not really talking and he's doing things behind her back. It's very dysfunctional. 

By the Dagger Man I assuming you mean CY ;). Well, yes, that's because he's someone who is thinking clearly and not deluded by his feelings. YX thinks that just because CQ has stayed with him means that she loves him more than she loves YWY but CY has the clarity of a soldier who is committed to his cause 100%. He is ruthless undoubtedly but he's not blind. 

I don't think it's ever been easy for CQ to keep YWY at bay but she's chosen her side and means to stick to it. And so has YWY, by the way. 

I think in the end she comes to the conclusion that the only way they can be together is in death. That's when they can be free to love each other without the baggage of misunderstanding, of people around them getting in their way as well as fulfilling their obligations to society.

But I'm kinda hopeful too that they will get a chance to live together in this life.

@desertpanda I'm not sure if I was intending to depict CQ in the vein of Campbell's heroic journey that you are referring to. Maybe I was. :wink: My primary intention was to argue the romance from her perspective/journey, to show that she has always had feelings for him right from her Qing Shan Yuan days. Even when she was angry with him, she couldn't kill him. She's never been able to kill him despite having many reasons to do so. That's always been the proof to me that she loved him whether she realised it or not. As our friend @cenching keeps saying, she's still carrying the Can Hong sword despite everything that's gone between them. The two of us, at least see that as another piece of evidence showing where her heart lies.

I'm not saying that the show has done a wonderful job overall with her arc but I do believe if there is one thing the show did do well is to keep YWY and CQ as the constant in all of the mess. The second half of the drama has been a mixed bag but the bond between YWY and CQ, I believe, has consistently been maintained throughout the chaos. 

I realise my perspective is not the popular one right now but I stand by it. :wink:

@40somethingahjumma I'm so sorry about your little one being sick. I did not mean to have my post make more work for you on an already stressful day. Hope it is nothing serious. 

Popular or not, your writing is fun to read and reminds me of my Philosophy 101 class. An argument does not have to be real to be true. If your statements are well written and support the premise and conclusion then the argument is true. Or something like that. Yes, I butchered that. It's been a few decades. :wink:

In short, your writing is always informative, thought provoking and fun to read! :)

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

I may be wrong but could you listen to the last part just before it ends i think its quite faint but i think i heard something like "i want to marry..... (wo yau chi ni - excuse my han yin pin yin and poor mandarin)

credit to Lin Geng Xin - Thailand FC

She says, "I'm sorry. I will never leave you again. I want you and I to live on together" (一起 yi qi)

@desertpanda No, not stressful at all. :D I really enjoy interacting on the forum but I lost track of time. The sick kid is on the iPad doing her own thing. She's still coughing and not really ready to go back to school.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, claribelle3 said:

So in the preview, it looks like XE/CQ left him , I assume to get help, lying on the snow and then the ice breaks and she turned running back to him. I don't think she'll just leave him there after she said she's not going to leave him anymore.

maybe at that time she was too panic looking for help seeing him fainted ... maybe looking for YQ or whoever could help him ... he is so big she cant carry him ... but when she looks back ... the ice already drowning:bawling:

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, IrisFM said:

OMG XE kisses him twice once on the ice surface and another underwater. It must give him hope, strength and a reason to live on. 

CTO

@gentlelily12 - I think in that video XE said she is going to find YWY instead of marry.

yup @IrisFM tq.  

Its really heartwarming and nice to see this side of XE towards YWY now that the barriers of her heart are finally crushed.  This feeling of love for YWY is causing XE to be so generous to YWY as she's  hugging, kissing, looking ever so lovingly at him and freely touching him, his face due to this feeling she now has for him. 

• Like 10

I'm new, but I joined the forum right before the last episode. :DBut I have been keeping up, and threw together a short piece of writing in 15 minutes. I plan to watch the last episode and see if it's a HE or a SE, if I do choose to rewrite the ending. Believe me, if its an open/sad ending, I'm going to be a writer and write my own closed/happy ending myself. And if YWY dies...:angry:

Random

Yan Xuan couldn’t do this. This wasn’t the man that she knew, the best friend that she grown up with and became stronger within the last three years. She knew that he wasn’t happy, not because of the war but because of her.

And deep down, she knew that he changed. But she refused to face it, because she kept onto that sliver of hope, the little sliver of good that was left of Yan Xuan. She knew that he fancied her, but she ignored his advances, trying to keep her friendship as secure as possible.

But Chu Qiao already knew that their relationship was breaking apart since the day he left the Xiulu Army, the so called traitors in Yan Xuan’s perspective. The Yan Xuan she knew had compassion, had empathy…but this Yan Xuan of the present…

He was a monster. Ravaging towns, raiding innocent people…

And Chi Qiao knew that she caused part of this rampage, no-his rampage.

The bridge that was holding the two together was slowly crumbling, and she realized that she was too late to get off. She would fall off and bring the ones she loved with her.

She knew that the ones she loved were very little. Her sisters were safe, she hoped, but she didn’t know where they were. As long as they are away from her though, that would make her sisters safe. Luo He, the mother that she forgot…well it was too late to save her now. She couldn’t bring the dead back to life, no matter how long she trained. She wasn’t a god.

And there was him. She hated his guts, yet there was just something about him that made her calm, like the roaring crashes of waves against a harbor. She couldn’t put her finger on it, as her hands itched to grab a knife around him and tense up, but within the next few minutes, the tension would cease and she would relax. Maybe it was his words, or his eyes or the fact that he respected her as she was. She understood he loved her, but she feared. Love, love was something that would hurt her. She loved Yan Xuan as a friend, and the cause of that love had caused her too much…her army…and her passion.

Maybe she wasn’t meant to love.

Maybe Yuwen Yue was not made of ice, but she was.

She didn’t believe in smiling after Yuwen Yue’s betrayal. She promised herself to never trust anyone again, to be the woman of shadows in order to leave-leave the place that trained her to be a suicide spy. She never believed his words, she was too stubborn and she was too naive. He told her again and again that he didn’t want her dead, and wanted her alive. Even when he didn’t say it himself, his eyes said it.  But she didn’t trust the eyes, like how his trusted hers.

She only trusted him when it was too late. She only trusted him when he was dying.

to save her.

• Like 4

I can see that the icy lake scene is a very difficult and emotionally draining scene to shoot for both main leads. LGX looks red on the face and puffy eyes despite all the make up and ZLY's eyes is puffy and swollen with shadow of dark circles underneath. YWY's suffering stills posted above serve as dagger in my heart that keeps on twisting it blade around....the episode haven't even aired yet but I already numb with pains.....:bawling:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, laysunbae said:

I'm new, but I joined the forum right before the last episode. :DBut I have been keeping up, and threw together a short piece of writing in 15 minutes. I plan to watch the last episode and see if it's a HE or a SE, if I do choose to rewrite the ending. Believe me, if its an open/sad ending, I'm going to be a writer and write my own closed/happy ending myself. And if YWY dies...:angry:

Random

Yan Xuan couldn’t do this. This wasn’t the man that she knew, the best friend that she grown up with and became stronger within the last three years. She knew that he wasn’t happy, not because of the war but because of her.

And deep down, she knew that he changed. But she refused to face it, because she kept onto that sliver of hope, the little sliver of good that was left of Yan Xuan. She knew that he fancied her, but she ignored his advances, trying to keep her friendship as secure as possible.

But Chu Qiao already knew that their relationship was breaking apart since the day he left the Xiulu Army, the so called traitors in Yan Xuan’s perspective. The Yan Xuan she knew had compassion, had empathy…but this Yan Xuan of the present…

He was a monster. Ravaging towns, raiding innocent people…

And Chi Qiao knew that she caused part of this rampage, no-his rampage.

The bridge that was holding the two together was slowly crumbling, and she realized that she was too late to get off. She would fall off and bring the ones she loved with her.

She knew that the ones she loved were very little. Her sisters were safe, she hoped, but she didn’t know where they were. As long as they are away from her though, that would make her sisters safe. Luo He, the mother that she forgot…well it was too late to save her now. She couldn’t bring the dead back to life, no matter how long she trained. She wasn’t a god.

And there was him. She hated his guts, yet there was just something about him that made her calm, like the roaring crashes of waves against a harbor. She couldn’t put her finger on it, as her hands itched to grab a knife around him and tense up, but within the next few minutes, the tension would cease and she would relax. Maybe it was his words, or his eyes or the fact that he respected her as she was. She understood he loved her, but she feared. Love, love was something that would hurt her. She loved Yan Xuan as a friend, and the cause of that love had caused her too much…her army…and her passion.

Maybe she wasn’t meant to love.

Maybe Yuwen Yue was not made of ice, but she was.

She didn’t believe in smiling after Yuwen Yue’s betrayal. She promised herself to never trust anyone again, to be the woman of shadows in order to leave-leave the place that trained her to be a suicide spy. She never believed his words, she was too stubborn and she was too naive. He told her again and again that he didn’t want her dead, and wanted her alive. Even when he didn’t say it himself, his eyes said it.  But she didn’t trust the eyes, like how his trusted hers.

She only trusted him when it was too late. She only trusted him when he was dying.

to save her.

actually nowadays she believes YWY since YQ already explained everything ... she just too arrogant n stubborn ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

Lol fans on weibo translating ifans' youtube comments about ice lake preview. I think they get some comfort in knowing we all feel the same way. 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4135862901970331

I especially love the comment from one of the China fans saying that if YWY dies, they're never watching another China drama again. LOL.

As many comments observe, it really is a credit to Lin Geng Xin's performance, bringing YWY to life, that YWY has become so beloved.

"The whole world shares the same broken heart" :wink:

This is my favourite comment and it had 42 likes the last time I looked:

依随新

2小时前

我想说真的是林更新演活了宇文玥啊,无论是颜值还是演技,不然就那点戏份那点存在感那做好事却不说的性格,很容易会被观众忽视的,可是林更新做到了让宇文玥这个角色深深的印在了观众的脑海里,追剧一路走来,懂他理解他心疼他,大结局了我愿憋了一部剧的眼泪都为你流出来[泪]@林更新

Translation:
I want to say really it is LGX who brought YWY to life. Whether in terms of value or acting (homonyms), normally that kind of character who doesn't say much but does good can easily be ignored by the audience. But LGX has caused the character of YWY to leave a deep impression in the minds of the audience. Throughout the drama (the audience) has been able to understand his pain. After the finale, I will let those tears that I've been willing to hold back flow.
  • Like 20

41 minutes ago, Melda Hung said:

maybe at that time she was too panic looking for help seeing him fainted ... maybe looking for YQ or whoever could help him ... he is so big she cant carry him ... but when she looks back ... the ice already drowning:bawling:

i wonder if YX could be the one who distracted their cosy moment and she confronted or tried to defend them both as she seems to have gone far off from YWY's position when the ice broke and he sank in.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I expect she always believed that he was invincible... that he would be fine without her. I don't think she even imagined that the great YWY was mortal, much less bleed and die. :wink: I hark back to their conversation at XC's place when she said she had to go back to Yanbei because YX needed her. The implication being of course, that he didn't need her or anyone for that matter. 

But he had his Achilles Heel... it was her. Without her by his side, he would fear for her life and constantly wonder if she was alright. He could never be at peace knowing she was endangering herself in battle. 

I also think she believed that she was holding him back and would continue to hold him back if she stayed by his side but she really underestimated his need for her in life and death terms. He may have not needed her protection but his need to protect her was so impossibly great.

As for your first point, I have no idea if that's true. I can't say for certain until I've seen that confrontation in full but the entire post was beautifully written nonetheless.

I remember thinking much the same thing one time when there was a group of posters saying that CQ takes YWY's love for granted. While I couldn't reject the idea out of hand, I thought to myself something along the lines of, "It's not so much that she takes his love for granted but that she takes his strength for granted. She's like a person who knows that a parent or grandparent is mortal but who will say something along the lines of, 'S/he was so strong; I just can't believe that s/he is gone.'" She has this idea of YWY in her head that's every bit as hard to dislodge as her idea of YX, and, as usual, it will take a catastrophe/impending doom to make her see things more clearly.

As for my first point, I was basing that off of the spoilers we have and the things that YX himself has said to her in the past (yeah, yeah, yeah, and this fabulous pair of shipper goggles I'm wearing:wink:). For all that CQ immensely dislikes talking about her emotions, I don't feel that she's entirely ignorant of them--or the emotions that others have for her, for that matter. When she tells YWY over the hot pot that maybe he'll have a wife and kids the next time they meet, she knows it's crap, but she can't bring herself to talk about her feelings so she half-jokes about them. For that matter, YX told her that she could never leave or betray him, which is a pretty solid stake of ownership. Can I prove that she's completely aware of YX's motives in regards to killing YWY? No. But do I think it's possible? Absolutely. Maybe we'll see for sure; maybe that will be consigned to my headcanon realm.

• Like 6

the forehead kiss is right on time! but i think it didn't happen twice. the gesture and even the way XE kisses is the same as shown in the water and on ice. even YWY's eyes is the same. can it be a footage to tease us? i still don't get the way they showed the ice lake scene. one scene Xe is crying when YWY is almost dead :( one scene she is running to him and other scene they are in the water :( the time table is fishy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, sure. I understand where you're coming from. :)

But this is a drama set somewhere between 400 to 200 BC where things like love is a luxury and in many instances, a dangerous luxury. Without genuine freedom one can't really be free to love without repercussions because as we've seen over and over again love in this kind of society is seen to be a weakness not a virtue. Every time someone has any kind of affection for anyone in this show, it's used against them in tragic fashion. From CQ, YWY, CE, YS to Concubine Lan... this is the world in which they inhabit. That part of the show at least has been very consistent.

Also from XE-CQ's perspective, she's in survival mode. Love is a personal thing that she can set aside for the greater good which to her mind is the protection of the people of Yanbei. It's a soldier's perspective. I don't think we have to agree with it but we should at the very least understand it.

As for whether YWY loves XE more deeply, I think that's also up for grabs. :wink: I can pose this question to him too. Does he love her enough to not go against YX? Of course not, with his Eyes of God spies he's been working actively against Yanbei trying to undermine YX's army. He has his loyalties and principles too that he hasn't given up. Protecting the commoners of Wei is still his guiding principle and he hasn't exactly gone over to YX or XE's side against Wei. Should we then make the argument then that he doesn't love XE that much because he has chosen to stick with Wei, to support and protect the 7th and 13th Princes? Just something I thought I should throw out there. :wink:

Notice too that neither of them have asked the other to give up their core beliefs or their principles. They both respect one another's trajectory but understand that because of that, they will have to inevitably meet on the battlefield. Of course it doesn't mean they would prefer not to or are not in turmoil over it. 

What we have is a clash of virtues... justice, loyalty and love. It isn't so simple for them to choose love and walk away. If they did, what would happen to the world around them? Could they in all good conscience watch the world burn and do nothing to protect the people in the middle? Especially when they know they have the ability to mitigate a terrible situation?

There are things in life that are bigger than two people. War, sadly, happens to be one of them. 

Love is dangerous and can certainly be set aside for beliefs/in special times like war.....but to a certain degree. She can protect herself by staying away and she does, but that doesn't mean she is okay with harm to a loved one. Love has principles too, such as protecting a loved one no matter what. She gives up actively protecting YWY, she concedes that death is okay if done fairly (in certain circumstances such as war as you say). Once too much is given up, is it even love anymore? If it is love, who wants this kind of love? Only the blind lover YWY hahahahah :D

YWY is classic example of holding onto his loyalties but still protecting his love. Comparing YWY and CQ here regarding their loyalties to their countries(lands?), in my opinion, inappropriate. YWY constantly helps CQ, which arguably consumes and disrupts his line of thought (which should fully used to help Wei defeat yanbei) not to mention valuable resources (yue qi is probably very useful and is often sent on YWY's CQ missions). In effect, YWY is helping yanbei because CQ helps Yanbei. If he had let CQ die in "fair" battle, such as when Chun er tried to kill her, he would've greatly disrupted YX's plans and helped Wei. We even see YWY care for CQ's emotional health (what that even a thing back then?) when he notifies her of Xiuli army's impending dangers. When Mengfeng reported back, he asks "she must have been really sad, right?". When have we ever seen CQ show concern for YWY, physically or mentally? YWY constantly knows what's up with CQ. Conversely, he is never in her thoughts. Maybe he is but the damn directors didn't put any scenes in!!! The only time I can think of is when CQ blocks the poisonous needle for YWY. But could she not have done that for a friend? She says that she is indebted to him after all. I can see her blocking the needle for someone she cares for, doesn't necessarily mean she cares for him in that way. 

Anyways i'm not completely saying CQ has no feelings, she's probably meant to be portrayed as loving him but just not depicted well at all. i just had to play devil's advocate. cheers. 
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

yup @IrisFM tq.  

Its really heartwarming and nice to see this side of XE towards YWY now that the barriers of her heart are finally crushed.  This feeling of love for YWY is causing XE to be so generous to YWY as she's  hugging, kissing, looking ever so lovingly at him and freely touching him, his face due to this feeling she now has for him. 

I know!!. I agree with you. I just rewatched it again for the millionth time. I noticed CY is not at the Icy Lake. I wonder if he died. I hope so!!! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I especially love the comment from one of the China fans saying that if YWY dies, they're never watching another China drama again. LOL.

As many comments observe, it really is a credit to Lin Geng Xin's performance, bringing YWY to life, that YWY has become so beloved.

"The whole world shares the same broken heart" :wink:

ME TOO thinking bout never watch chinese drama if this isnt happy ending since i seldom watch chinese drama so focusly like this PA hahhaahah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mimimi26 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ebb03168ly1fi425qhwysg20bd07cnpi.gif

OMG!!!

006C8BZygy1fi425aknn8g30bd07cx6t.gif

If you don't want spoilers don't click here! :(

OMG! She finally kissed him, even though it's just the forehead. It's her confirmation that she loves him, too. :bawling:

1 hour ago, gentlelily12 said:

I may be wrong but could you listen to the last part just before it ends i think its quite faint but i think i heard something like "i want to marry..... (wo yau chi ni - excuse my han yin pin yin and poor mandarin)

credit to Lin Geng Xin - Thailand FC

Thank you soo much for sharing the video. 

Friends, it's all coming to an end. 12 more hours to go for me. :bawling:

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, gentlelily12 said:

i wonder if YX could be the one who distracted their cosy moment and she confronted or tried to defend them both as seems to have gone far off from YWY's position when the ice broke and he sank in.

maybe he still wants to shoot YWY ... damn YX we cant forgive him ever ... but fortunately XE go to help YWY ... if others come might be shoot by YX again but if its her ... YX will not shoot her:crazy:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I know!!. I agree with you. I just rewatched it again for the millionth time. I noticed CY is not at the Icy Lake. I wonder if he died. I hope so!!! 

YX kill CY? 

So which scene is better? 

1. Bath scene

2. Confession scene (i need you also) 

3. Ice lake scene

• Like 1

Another reason  for YWY to live: The kids! There's Mo'er and looks like another two he collected along the way. XE/CQ has no means to take care of them ; so his cute a**  better survive  for those kids and the ones he's still going to make with his Xing'er. :D

• Like 7