Ji Jin Hee 지진희 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Undercover

Admin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jen.....thanks for the pix!

gosh......can't wait to see him on 3rd Dec!

I'm marking that date on my calender.....

ack!! azura, is he goin there to promote his movie?

I guess so.....i read it on the news a few days ago.... :)

and u're going to see him? <_<

hhmm...just dont forget to give him a hug for me..ok? :rolleyes:

Guest cutiepie

thought i would drop by and post this, i didn't know that JJH's wife had the baby already..so it's a boy!

Dream cast a dream to work with

By Chang May Choon

November 06, 2005

IN his new musical movie, Perhaps Love, Hong Kong director Peter Chan assembles an Asian dream cast: Hong Kong's Jacky Cheung, China's Zhou Xun, South Korea's Ji Jin Hee and Taiwanese-Japanese Takeshi Kaneshiro.

Peter sat down and told The New Paper what he thinks about the four stars:

24cast_1.jpg

JI JIN HEE, 34

Reel life: Montage, an angel who descends upon earth to explore that unfathomable thing called love, and bridges the rift between the two long-separated lovers.

Real life: When I contacted Ji Jin Hee to fill in the role because a certain superstar (Andy Lau) opted out, he flew to Hong Kong to audition within three days.

He has the least screen time, but he stayed around for two whole months. He learnt Mandarin from scratch, and also learnt singing and dancing. Can you believe that he had never gone disco-dancing when he was young?

He is very introverted, but very hardworking. He is not linguistically gifted, but he worked very hard to memorise all his lines. He even flew back to Hong Kong three times to re-record his lines. His professionalism is top notch.

source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,97016,00.html

thought i would drop by and post this, i didn't know that JJH's wife had the baby already..so it's a boy!

Dream cast a dream to work with

By Chang May Choon

November 06, 2005

IN his new musical movie, Perhaps Love, Hong Kong director Peter Chan assembles an Asian dream cast: Hong Kong's Jacky Cheung, China's Zhou Xun, South Korea's Ji Jin Hee and Taiwanese-Japanese Takeshi Kaneshiro.

Peter sat down and told The New Paper what he thinks about the four stars:

JI JIN HEE, 34

Reel life: Montage, an angel who descends upon earth to explore that unfathomable thing called love, and bridges the rift between the two long-separated lovers.

Real life: When I contacted Ji Jin Hee to fill in the role because a certain superstar (Andy Lau) opted out, he flew to Hong Kong to audition within three days.

He has the least screen time, but he stayed around for two whole months. He learnt Mandarin from scratch, and also learnt singing and dancing. Can you believe that he had never gone disco-dancing when he was young?

He is very introverted, but very hardworking. He is not linguistically gifted, but he worked very hard to memorise all his lines. He even flew back to Hong Kong three times to re-record his lines. His professionalism is top notch.

source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,97016,00.html

Thanks for the news :)

haha..I can believe that he never went disco-dancing :P

YAY!! NEWS!! I'm not too sure whether this is confirmed or not, but there is an article on JJH's next work!! :lol: (sorry..I'm getting too excited..but I was so happy..hehe :P)

It's going to be a movie.. :)

Here's the translation of the article:

Ji Jin Hee and Yeom Jung Ah have been casted for the movie "Old garden". This is a movie that is being produced based on the book with the same title (and storyline).

Ji Jin Hee is going to act the role of "Oh Hyun Woo", who in the late 1970's becomes a fugitive (criminal) and goes to jail for a long time after participating in the movement for opposing military dictatorship in Korea. Yeom Jung Ah is acting the role of "Han Yoon Hee" who is a countryside school art teacher and helps Oh Hyun Woo (JJH). (she provides him a hiding place)

"Old garden" is a work that is based on the 1980's and deals with the people who dream of Korean society's change and the movie is about a man and woman's sad love during this period.

The novel, which was published in the year 2000, was a big issue at the time and even received a big award. The movie became a big issue already after the news that Director Im Sang Soo, who directed the movie "A good lawyer's wife" (the movie with Moon So Ri and Hwang Jung Min) will direct this movie.

The movie will finish the rest of its casting and will start filming this month and will finish filming at the end of March next year. It is planning to release at the first half of next year.

===================================================================

Yeom Jung Ah acted with JJH in his movie "H". They are both the male and female leads again! They already know each other a lot already, so I guess it will be easy filming for them :D

Anyway I better try and get this book so that I can know what it's truly about! (it better be confirmed though..hehe)

and u're going to see him? <_<

hhmm...just dont forget to give him a hug for me..ok? :rolleyes:

and for me too! :P

Sure...i will do that!emotbighug6vo.gif

jcs.....i think he will proceed to HK after S'pore....

U will have ur chance then :D

another movie!! yay!! thanks for the news jen!!

cutie, thanks for the article, it only shows how professional our ji jin hee is ..makes me love him more and more and more and more each day :D

It seems that he really is doing this new movie :lol:

From what I've read in various websites yesterday, this is what the original book that the movie is being based on is about:

As I wrote above, the book is based on the late 1970's and 1980's where people fought for democracy (in Korea). Hyun Woo is one of the people that is part of the movement resisting military dictatorship, and Yoon Hee is a countryside school's art teacher.

The story starts with Oh Hyun Woo (JJH) being released after serving 18 years in prison. When he comes out, he finds that the woman he loved is now dead and goes to the town where they spent their time together. The town is now changed alot because of industrialisation, and he looks through the letters and diaries that Han Yoon Hee (Yeom Jung Ah) wrote when she was alive.

Hyun Woo met Yoon Hee while he was a fugitive. She provides him a hiding place and they start to love each other slowly. But he couldn't hide there forever and goes back to where "he should be" and tells her that he will be back. Yoon Hee knew that she had their baby but she just sends him away without telling him. Hyun Woo soon goes to prison and lives there for a long time.

Hyun Woo's lost time (that is, what happened after he went to prison) is talked through Yoon Hee's letters and diaries. This is where she meets new people, goes to Germany and even slowly forgets Hyun Woo and gets to love a new man. But as she lives she remembers the days with Hyun Woo..and soon she dies of an illness. Hyun Woo finds that his daughter is now with Yoon Hee's little sister.

The title "Old Garden" symbolises the utopia that everyone looks for, but cannot find, during their life. One of the last words in Yoon Hee's letter says to Hyun Woo "Did you find our Old Garden?"

The director is famous for making movies with big messages for society..every one of his movies has been a big issue (regardless of popularity) and since this book was very popular when it was published 5 years ago, many people are looking forward to the making of the movie. I hope that JJH can be a more recognised actor through the movie! :D

And I read an interview just now with the writer and the director...the director said that he will probably get rid of the part where JJH goes to prison, and the part where YJA goes to Germany as well as a few other bits..so the summary probably won't be the same as the movie..

I'm reading the book soon...even if JJH doesn't end up doing it...(although I'm pretty sure he will) Anyway it will be so good reading it and imagining the male character as JJH :lol:

JJH uploaded 14 photos yesterday on his minihomepage :lol:

skies:

afee7612.jpg

efc15de0.jpg

2caabd4f.jpg

2fb82fad.jpg

48e4946b.jpg

bf41b5d1.jpg

tunnels:

1c4fe6ce.jpg

8236edd6.jpg

0832727a.jpg

1d75bcbf.jpg

(continued:)

title: "G"

c0953ba5.jpg

title: "fish"

6036ea32.jpg

title: "water waves"

d94531b4.jpg

title: "M"

d024ec10.jpg

YAY!! NEWS!! I'm not too sure whether this is confirmed or not, but there is an article on JJH's next work!! :lol: (sorry..I'm getting too excited..but I was so happy..hehe :P)

It's going to be a movie.. :)

Here's the translation of the article:

Ji Jin Hee and Yeom Jung Ah have been casted for the movie "Old garden". This is a movie that is being produced based on the book with the same title (and storyline).

Ji Jin Hee is going to act the role of "Oh Hyun Woo", who in the late 1970's becomes a fugitive (criminal) and goes to jail for a long time after participating in the movement for opposing military dictatorship in Korea. Yeom Jung Ah is acting the role of "Han Yoon Hee" who is a countryside school art teacher and helps Oh Hyun Woo (JJH). (she provides him a hiding place)

"Old garden" is a work that is based on the 1980's and deals with the people who dream of Korean society's change and the movie is about a man and woman's sad love during this period.

The novel, which was published in the year 2000, was a big issue at the time and even received a big award. The movie became a big issue already after the news that Director Im Sang Soo, who directed the movie "A good lawyer's wife" (the movie with Moon So Ri and Hwang Jung Min) will direct this movie.

The movie will finish the rest of its casting and will start filming this month and will finish filming at the end of March next year. It is planning to release at the first half of next year.

===================================================================

Yeom Jung Ah acted with JJH in his movie "H". They are both the male and female leads again! They already know each other a lot already, so I guess it will be easy filming for them :D

Anyway I better try and get this book so that I can know what it's truly about! (it better be confirmed though..hehe)

hey jen another sad story ? boo hoo. but the storyline sounds good.

and why are they coming to singapore on the 3rd?!! i won't be around! of all the weekends!

:(

hey jen another sad story ? boo hoo. but the storyline sounds good.

and why are they coming to singapore on the 3rd?!! i won't be around! of all the weekends!

:(

Hi elin :)

Yeah the storyline sounds really good :lol: Many people are looking forward to this movie.. :)

Oh no... you won't be there to see him? :(

Hi, Jen and everyone!

I'm new here. I became a fan of JJH after saw him in DJG, Love Letter and Miss Kim. In the past 3 months I went crazy searching his information. I was drawn to him not just by the perfect guy he played but by his charm, talents and personalties. Somehow I see him not as an idol but an old friend or a family member. I wish him and his family the very best in every aspects.

Thanks Jen and everyone for the news and information on JJH.

Guest cutegurl87

H-O-T!!!

misskimsman.jpg

i think this is from Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest ....i love his character there :wub::wub: so cute!!

Agree!!! He and KHJ had such a great chemistry in that series!!! ^___^

Hi, Jen and everyone!

I'm new here. I became a fan of JJH after saw him in DJG, Love Letter and Miss Kim. In the past 3 months I went crazy searching his information. I was drawn to him not just by the perfect guy he played but by his charm, talents and personalties. Somehow I see him not as an idol but an old friend or a family member. I wish him and his family the very best in every aspects.

Thanks Jen and everyone for the news and information on JJH.

Hi oasis!! :lol: This is djg.. :) (as you know I guess.. :P)

Finally you're here! :lol: Hope to see you here more often.. :D

You really must have searched alot about him during the past 3 months...you know so much about him! :D

Hi oasis!! :lol: This is djg.. :) (as you know I guess.. :P)

Finally you're here! :lol: Hope to see you here more often.. :D

You really must have searched alot about him during the past 3 months...you know so much about him! :D

Jen (djg),

Thanks for the welcome! I wish I could have known him earlier! However, I'm also glad by knowing him late, I skipped those Spring Day days for I don't think I could survive. :D

Archived