[Music] M.net/km M!countdown

Guest xeudaemonic

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adikkeluangman

Additional details revealed on Yamamini coopera Tomohisa’s performance on “M! Countdown”

Mnet’s “M! Countdown” will host a very special guest this week, as Japanese idol Yamamini coopera Tomohisa will rock their stage for his hit song, “Party Don’t Stop“. Additional details were revealed today, as Mnet’s Park Chan Wook PD promised to deliver an electrifying stage.

The PD stated on February 22nd, “We’re currently working on making his stage give off a club party feel to better suit the style of his song, ‘Party Don’t Stop’. Since it’s his first Korean broadcast appearance, we will do our best to provide a great stage.”

“Party Don’t Stop” boasts a sophisticated, electronic sound that’s ideal for fun club music. Viewers and fans are showing an increasing level of anticipation for his performance, as the song has yet to be performed live, even in Japan.

The PD added, “Both fans and other Korean singers are pleased to be able to stand on stage together with the famous singer and actor on ‘M! Countdown’.”

Meanwhile, the artist is scheduled to release his album in Korea on March 2nd, which will be followed by a two-day concert at the KBS 88 Gymnasium on April 16th and 17th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/additional-details-revealed-on-tomohisa-yamamini cooperas-performance-on-mcountdown

TEEN TOP’s Niel to MC this week’s ‘M! Countdown’

TEEN TOP’s Niel will be a special one-day MC for this week’s episode of Mnet’s “M Countdown“!

Although it’s only for one day, the experience he’ll get is sure to be valuable, as it will mark Niel’s debut stint as an MC. Niel will be tasked with the responsibility of leading the globally-broadcasted program, which boasts the hottest stars of K-Pop.

The idol commented, “I’m both excited and nervous to MC for a live broadcast music program. I’ll do my absolute best to make sure I make no mistakes.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/teen-tops-niel-to-mc-this-weeks-m-countdown

Guest adikkeluangman

MBLAQ’s Mir to return to the stage on M! Countdown

MBLAQ’s Mir will finally be standing on stage for the group’s follow-up promotions after temporarily halting his activities due to his spinal disk herniation.

The group will be performing the title track of their new repackaged album, “Again,” on this week’s broadcast of Mnet’s “M! Countdown.”

A representative of “M! Countdown” stated, “Mir has had a strong desire to stand on stage with the other members to perform their new song. As much as he is ready to stand on stage with a fighting spirit, we will put our extreme focus on their stage.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/mblaqs-mir-to-return-to-the-stage-on-m-countdown

Guest adikkeluangman

Tony An and Shin So Yool to become M! Countdown’s new MCs

Starting March 10th, former H.O.T member Tony An and rookie actress Shin So Yool will be MCing Mnet’s “M! Countdown“!

On March 4th, Tony An tweeted,

“I will be an Mnet ‘M! Countdown’ MC beginning next week. I will be meeting you all through a music program prior to my album’s release. I ask for your continuous support.

Off to the practice room for tomorrow’s MV shoot! Please wait a bit longer for a top star’s album…“

His agency stated, “This decision was made after much thought. This is his resolve to ardently be a singer and MC.”

Netizens commented, “Director An will now be hosting a music program?“, “Totally anticipating the album“, and “I can’t wait to see both ‘M! Countdown’ and your album.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/tony-an-and-shin-soh-yul-to-become-m-countdowns-new-mcs

Guest adikkeluangman

Mnet to include international fan votes for ‘M! Countdown’ rankings

Mnet’s “M! Countdown” will be the first Korean music program to implement a voting system for international fans.

On March 10th, producers of the show revealed, “Heeding the K-pop wave, we have decided to change up the way the music chart is calculated by introducing an online voting system that allows international fans to participate.”

Producers claimed that in order to keep up with the popularity of K-pop overseas, they came up with a system that will set up a voting window, which allows international IPs to cast one vote for the nominee of their choice.

Japanese K-pop fans were the first group to receive the opportunity to try the system. On March 3rd, the voting system was added to the Mnet Japan homepage, and its results will be reflected in the upcoming episodes. The system will later expand to include countries all over Asia.

Mnet will also be calculating scores from digital album sales four days ahead of their live broadcast in order to keep up with the rapidly changing trends of the music industry.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/mnet-to-include-international-fan-votes-for-m-countdown-rankings

John Park to perform with pianist Steve Barakatt for a duet

201103101603291002_1.jpg

“Superstar K2“ contestant John Park is gaining hot attention for the picture he took with world-renowned pianist Steve Barakatt.

John Park and Steve Barakatt will be performing together on this week’s “M! Countdown“, and they’ve decided to cover the famous jazz song, “My Funny Valentine“.

Netizen interest in John Park spiked once more, since he’s been relatively quiet on the scene. The singer is still fishing for the right agency to sign with, and so he hasn’t done much in terms of performances and music. Netizens are responding with comments like, “Bye Huh Gak. From now on, global unit”, “I look forward to the performance greatly since it has been a while”, and “You’ve become more handsome since the last time.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/john-park-to-perform-with-pianist-steve-barakatt-for-a-duet

Archived