[Movie 2017] Ordinary Person 보통사람 - starring Son Hyun-joo, Jang Hyuk

Prettysup

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Exclusive] 'Ordinary People' Son Hyun-joo X Jang Hyuk, tvN 'Live Talk Show Taxi' 

Actors Son Hyun-joo and Jang Hyuk will be filming the tvN talk show 'Live Talk Show Taxi' and will share various stories including publicity of the movie 'Ordinary people'. 'Taxi' is going around the Sangam-dong area in Seoul.

Son Hyun-joo and Jang Hyuk will appear in the movie "Ordinary People" scheduled to open on the 23rd March. 'Ordinary people' is a film about the story of the 1980s, when a homicide criminal who lives a normal life is caught up in a serial murder case, and his life is shaken.

20170314181100769.jpg

Cast of Ordinary People attended the media screening today - Son Hyun Joo, Jang Hyuk, Kim Sang Ho, Jo Da Hwan and Ji Seung Hyun.

There is a Vlive video of the former 3 with English subs here:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/24854/

IE002125734_PHT.jpg

201703151647387021362_20170315164928_03_

201703151647387021362_20170315164928_02_

source : http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg_w.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002307696

source : http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0002902583

A search for normalcy in extraordinary times

Mar 17,2017

16201622.jpg

On the surface, there seems to be nothing special about living an ordinary life. But, a mundane existence becomes much more appealing when you are living through extraordinary circumstances, when events that defy common sense occur almost daily. That struggle is at the heart of the upcoming drama “Ordinary Person” which heads to theaters next week.

Directed by Kim Bong-han (“The Hero”), the movie revolves around police officer Gang Seong-jin (Son Hyun-joo), whose life takes a turn after getting involved in an illegal scheme led by National Intelligence Service agent Choi Gyu-nam (Jang Hyuk), who orders Gang to frame a one-time murderer as a serial killer. 

Set in the spring of 1987, a few months before the June Democracy Movement, the film depicts the struggles of Gang, who agonizes over whether to side with the authorities for money - which he desperately needs to pay for his crippled son’s medical operation - or to continue his ordinary life as a cop, a good father, a loving husband of a speech-impaired wife and a loyal friend to a righteous reporter craving for justice. 

“Through the film, I wanted to say that living the life of an ordinary person is one of the hardest things to do,” said the director at a press preview held in Wangsimni, eastern Seoul, on Wednesday.

According to the director, it would be correct to categorize the film as a piece of historical fiction, as a number of scenes are directly inspired by significant events in Korean history, including the case of student activist Park Jong-chul, who was tortured to death during a police interrogation in 1987 and Korea’s first serial killer Kim Dae-du, who murdered 17 people throughout the nation in 1975. 

Regarding Jang Hyuk’s character, the director said, “There always seems to be this kind of person [in each period of history.]”

Though portraying a character that lived 30 years ago may sound difficult, Son said that depicting the past is what drew him to join. 

“When I first saw the script for ‘Ordinary Person,’ I imagined what it would look like to depict the period of the ‘80s in 2017,” said Son who also attended the press preview. “I entered university in 1984, so even though 30 years ago may seem very far away to some people, I clearly remember that period.”

Son continued, “I decided to join because I believed there would not be much difference between the heart of a father back in 1987 and now, which I liked. At any time, a father would always [do anything to] protect his wife and child.” 

The movie, which co-stars Ra Mi-ran and Jeong Man-sik, is scheduled to hit cinemas March 23.

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

I can't wait to watch their interview on Tvn life talk show Taxi. Do you know where I can  watch it? 

JH doesn't seem to have a good rest after finishing VOICE.. promotion for his movie and his new movie is also starting... hope he manages to squeeze in some time to recharge.. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I can't wait to watch their interview on Tvn life talk show Taxi. Do you know where I can  watch it? 

JH doesn't seem to have a good rest after finishing VOICE.. promotion for his movie and his new movie is also starting... hope he manages to squeeze in some time to recharge.. 

The talk show has not been aired yet, probably next week. It should be available on youtube after that, but not too sure whether there will be subs.

Archived