[OFFICIAL] ♥ gu9udan (구구단) ♥ Thread

jesslee8499

Sejeong Update:

I really need to stop procrastinating and start learning Korean because google translate is not super helpful. I have no idea what's going on but Sejeong has definitely been very busy XD

Teaser for an upcoming... drama? That's my guess anyway.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

CF for Crocs XD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, found the brains to search Soompi and it's definitely a drama.

Excerpt from soompi article:
“Let Me Hear Your Song” is a mystery romantic comedy about Hong Yi Young (played by Kim Sejeong), a timpanist who loses all memory of the night of a murder, and a suspicious tone-deaf man named Jang Yoon (played by Yeon Woo Jin).

It sounds pretty good and may I say, these posters are gorgeous.

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Full Soompi article:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1337639wpp/gugudans-kim-sejeong-suffers-from-insomnia-in-let-me-hear-your-song-posters

Insta update from Hana:

Not gonna lie, no clue what that's about but I'm not gonna comlain about photos of Hana ^^

Sally looking amazing:

D_QKfBWUwAApiD1.jpg:large

The girls leave blog updates on the Japanese fanclub but my Japanese is nonexistent so it's just pretty photos for me >.< But here's a link to the website for anyone who wants to have a look at the fanclub: https://gugudan.jp/  (reasonably sure its paid access for most of the content though).

There is an upcoming Survival Show (Soompi Article). It involves voting but I have yet to figure out if foreigners are able to vote. Either way it's really exciting. Nayoung has the skills to do amazing but unfortunately her popularity might not be high enough considering some of the other contestants (members from Dreamcatcher, WJSN, WekiMeki, etc.). But there is also a judging element and we don't have a clue what the mechanics of the show are so fingers crossed we'll get a lot of Nayoung screentime and content out of this:

Hotel del Luna has started!! To be honest, I'm normally the kind of person who waits until a whole season is finished before I start watching but I couldn't resist. Instant regret! I really enjoyed the first episode a lot and now I'm gonna have to be patient the whole season as I wait for access and subs for each episode >.< Mina wasn't in the first episode but I wasn't overly surprised or disappointed by that, it was clear by her position in poster's etc. that she is playing one of the minor characters so my expectations of her screentime aren't too high. But if it continues to do as well as the first two episodes have and Mina does a good job, then this could open up some more opportunities for her so that is exciting.

Anyways, I'm clearly not the only one who tuned in to the first episode and enjoyed it. It's getting really good ratings already for the first two episodes:

Soompi Article (SA) Ratings 1st Episode

SA - Ratings 2nd Episode

SA - 3 reasons to check out Hotel del Luna

And fortunately, we still getting promotional content from Mina and Jelpi have released high res photos from the photoshoot and promotions ^^

Spoiler

Some of my favs from the shoot but you can find the rest of the photos here

713%ED%98%B8_9_%283%29.jpg

Spoiler

713%ED%98%B8_3_%281%29.jpg

713%ED%98%B8_9_%281%29.jpg

1204%ED%98%B8_3_%282%29.jpg

1204%ED%98%B8_2_%2810%29.jpg

And finally, episode 3 of Hotel del Luna and Mina is now on screen. It was worth the wait (the whole show is kinda awesome already so it wasn't much of a hardship), the introduction to her character was kinda brutal.

My thoughts on her part which are definitely huge spoilers (for her character arc, not so much the show):

Spoiler

I was actually pretty conflicted cause at the start her character is horrible. She was a bully and legit murdered someone, then  ended up possessed by the person she murdered. And she didn't seem to care that she just murdered someone, there was no visible remorse. All she cared about was getting her body back so how could I like someone like that. But then she was just a product of the way she was raised so she never had a chance and her soul was basically murdered by her own parents. Brutal but also kinda poetic cause they had already destroyed it by the way they raised her. 

And so now her character is the murdered girls soul which has taken over the body of the person who bullied and killed her. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

I think Mina did a pretty great job portraying both sides of this character, I really enjoyed it and can't wait to watch episode 4 tonight.

D_6fQqRU4AEn2mh.jpg:large

gugudan-mina-1.jpg

gugudan-mina-2.jpg

gugudan-mina-1.jpg

To be honest, I can only handle watching one incomplete drama at a time so I haven't been keeping track of Sejeong's. But judging by the number of clips on twitter I suspect it's started and am very tempted to check it out already. On the other hand, guess what's now on Netflix... School 2017! I just binged the whole thing over the weekend... no regrets xD I really enjoyed it and it can now go on my list of fully watched dramas (which is embarrassingly short). But anyways, Sejeong updates..

Spoiler

Archived