[OFFICIAL] ♥ gu9udan (구구단) ♥ Thread

jesslee8499

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So theres not much new thats worth posting about their comeback today so instead I'm gonna post some of my old favourites :D

Hana fancam of 'Hate You' from their first fan meeting. I love Rainbow but still kinda wish they had performed this on music shows instead. 

Also from their fan meeting

And lastly, this is still my favourite song from gugudan

They had a VLive but subs aren't up yet so Im gonna share some info about their subunit instead, just for those who missed it. 

Ok, so for those of you who don't know gugudan essentially translates to multiplication table which sounds kinda silly (but what kpop group doesn't have a kinda silly name) but it is actually pretty clever. The meaning behind it was that they are 9 girls with 9 different charms and each member was assigned a number and symbol. As a graphic designer I could see the huge potential this name/idea gives them and I really thought they were setting themselves up to have heaps of different subunits with different styles/charms all interconnected by numbers and symbols (kinda like Loona is currently doing but they debuted the whole group first). I also wondered if I was reading to much into it but so far it looks like I'm probably not. While the idea is kinda ambitious, its also a sure-fire way of linking any/all subunits under a huge umbrella that very clearly connects, which is very smart and I'm excited to see if they continue it.

I'm not sure I explained that very well so to sum it up, this sub-unit is just Hyeyeon (who is number 5)  and Mina (number 9) and the name of the unit is gugudan oguogu which comes from gugudan5959. oguogu also sounds very cute and they are the maknae line which lead to the cute concept (which is also really kinda horrifying if you pay attention)

And after that (prob really unnecessary) info overload here is the MV for Ice Chu

And the dance practice

• 5 months later...

K-LOOKBOOK: SUMMER LOOKS FROM K-DRAMA CHARACTERS

When you have to attend summer classes. Are you forlorn that you have to go to extra classes instead of going on vacay? Well, you would not look as let down as you really are with Ra Eun-ho’s (Kim Se-jeong) sweet and simple looks from School 2017.

school 2017 kim sejeong

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/25/k-lookbook-summer-looks-from-k-drama-characters/

• 1 year later...

We got confirmation of a ioi reunion!! (soompi article)

Not gonna lie, I only watched all of produce 101 because I knew Jelpi girls were there, so I was never upset when they disbanded (I guess it helps that gugudan had already debuted so there was no uncertainty about if we'd see them again). But you can't watch a show like that and not be rather fond of all the girls that succeeded so I'm super excited!! So to celebrate here's my favourite Jelpi performances from Produce 101.

First, obviously, I have to include their audition. They killed it!

Sejeong:
As much as I love 'Irony' to pieces, I still to this day listen to this performance frequently. Although, I usually I tend to flip flop between this video, the Nayoung eye contact one and the one where you can see everyone.

Mina:

This was tricky cause I don't like this song very much and I love '24 hours' but this was the moment I really started paying attention to her. Mina is so cute that I didn't expect her to able to pull off a concept like this but she certainly did. It's the first moment I realised just how much potential she has.

Nayoung:

So Nayoung didn't make it into the group (she came 14th, so freaking close >.<) but this is gugudan thread and I loved her performances so I think I can get away with it XD
And because I meant it when I said I love '24 hours'

Mina Update:

New drama!!! Hotel del Luna, the posters look amazing:

ì본 ì´ë¯¸ì§

Plus Character poster and insta updates:

Spoiler

Character poster:

mina1.jpg

Insta update:

She's been Mcing lately, so lucky us we get Mina/Chungha/Somi selfies

Not so recent posts:

It looks like Soyee has been having a great time in Vietnam:

Nayoung and Haebin checking out what looks like a giant poster/billboard for their anniversary

And Hana and Mimi also paid a visit:

Archived