[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

I'm not sure whether anna let go of everything or just let sec. Kim manage everything...since that is what she good at..well YJ didn't get JB group since it under Chairman choi but since he died and the truth that may effect JB Group is out...it naturally destroy JB group..

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BlueFreak said:

High FiveB)..... i feel you....i'm not easily annoyed with anything... but that 1 second make me want to jump in the screen with chainsaw..... everytime i watched it, i move my body to left and right, hopefully can see what happen behind that pole..... :D:D

Same heeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. it reflex when the camera approaching the pole . I start to move.. dayem .. wakakakak.. anyway we get that PDA in  Spain .. I really love PD for that .... 

I keep repeating the kiss scene ...

I rewatch the kissing scenes so many times. If my repeat button can talk, it will say "Please have mercy on me" :lol:

I am still waiting for english subs but until then, I am watching RAW. You know, I found myself crying at the YJ and JS scene. Despite all they have done in their lives, to each other, to others, that scene..I just cried for them. YJ was crying when she explained to Anna about her mom's death. At that moment, and in moments throughout the drama, I saw the humane side of her. She admitted she took part in the killing even though she didn't do it. And she cried. There are people out there in real life who will not ever cry for the wrongs they do in life. Seeing YJ cry made me feel that perhaps for a long time, she had always felt a guilty consciousness. But knew she could not turn back what she already decided to do. So she had to keep going to become what she became. It was just really sad to watch. Of course, I still have to wait for the subs to understand what everyone is saying.

But for the time being, back to repeat mode on my OTP :wub::wub: (lol, that pole bothered me too. I was like, NOOO..but of course, the kisses win me over )

8 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Watching the RAW and swooning over the little things that make Jehanna so perfect.

1. Anna met JeHa in the Parking lot, the same way they met in the Spain's subway(Not the sandwich shop :P )

2. JH used Orem and Ding to save Anna.

3. When JH collapsed after the fight, Anna caressed his cheek with her thumb after he told her that (they?) need to get out of there.

4. Anna supporting JH while getting out of the Cloud9.

5. Jehanna hugging each other tightly in the elevator before and after the blast.

6. Their cute Subway talk.

7. Adorable Attic fight(?) and then the kiss.:wub: Curse that stupid pole. :angry: I wanted to blast it or chop it off. :lol:

8. Cuddling and kissing in Spain. So much cuddling and kissing in Spain.:wub: In my mind they will forever be cuddling and kissing everywhere.. ;) Hang people who complain about PDA. Jehanna cuddling and kissing is LIFE!

hehe i know right, i am really satisfy with the last episode i think the writer and director has given us enough sweet and lovely otp moments. :love:

I will write a final post after i have watched the last episode and all.

I think we got the best ending we could have hoped for.

Yoo Jin loves Jang Se Yoon so much that she gave up the chance to inherit that company. But since Se Yoon's betrayal and affair, she probably just wants to save her last pride by proving to her father that she didn't make the wrong choice. I feel so sorry for her but the end really worth it. She probably got what she hoped for. Jang Se Yoon probably doesn't love her but he is willing to die with her. Se Yoon probably feels sympathy with her at the end when he knows how much she loves him. I wonder how it would be if they reveal all the truth a bit sooner. feel sorry for both of them that they trap themselves in their own trap and only realise it at the end. 

At the end when Anna sits on Choi Yoo Jin's chair, i was thinking if she will become another Choi Yoo Jin just like those man said (when the girl grows up, she becomes a witch). So thankful that she didn't choose that path. But the ending could have been better because I don't know who force Park Kwan Soo to die (who's behind that). Also, I'd like to see what happen to the chairmen and politicians when the evidence was revealed.

12 minutes ago, AnhH said:

I think we got the best ending we could have hoped for.

Yoo Jin loves Jang Se Yoon so much that she gave up the chance to inherit that company. But since Se Yoon's betrayal and affair, she probably just wants to save her last pride by proving to her father that she didn't make the wrong choice. I feel so sorry for her but the end really worth it. She probably got what she hoped for. Jang Se Yoon probably doesn't love her but he is willing to die with her. Se Yoon probably feels sympathy with her at the end when he knows how much she loves him. I wonder how it would be if they reveal all the truth a bit sooner. feel sorry for both of them that they trap themselves in their own trap and only realise it at the end. 

At the end when Anna sits on Choi Yoo Jin's chair, i was thinking if she will become another Choi Yoo Jin just like those man said (when the girl grows up, she becomes a witch). So thankful that she didn't choose that path. But the ending could have been better because I don't know who force Park Kwan Soo to die (who's behind that). Also, I'd like to see what happen to the chairmen and politicians when the evidence was revealed.

agreed, i felt when it came to the four main actors they manage to tie up the story pretty well.

But about Park i am really utterly confuse, same goes for SW, Sec Kim killed him ok i get that. But where did Sec Kim get that power from?

I  don't agree with the person who said that it would have been so hard for Anna to let go of all that power and wealth. If they are travelling then she's not poverty stricken and she also did not grow up relying on the trappings of wealth. That first episode of Je Ha staring at her in the house revealed that she has quite simple tastes. Her brushes with people of immense wealth and power had not been pleasant but downright dangerous for her and those around her. She also did not grow up poor like Yoo Jin and have to fight to acquire and keep wealth. She had no pressure or expectations of her to be ambitious and to keep power.

Yoo Jin and her father were both now dead so there's need to get power for revenge because she doesn't have any pressing enemies.

She didn't have to be like Yoo Jin and live this perilous life to please and keep the man she loved and to do everything in her power to fulfill his ambitions including being a monster and threatening his daughter and pretending to have killed his ex and putting up with his philandering so that he would not leave her alone because she feels so unloved. Anna already found a ridiculously good-looking, capable man who loves her as she is (probably doesn't hurt that she looks like Yoona from SNSD).

I also felt that this show was about a fantasy triumph of the common man (the proletariat) over the rich and powerful (the bourgeoisie) who have so much control over and so little regard for their lives. Anna and Je Ha are the writer's proxies. Through them, the writer expresses his/her(?) disdain for the 'ruling' class. There was never any other choice but to walk away from that lifestyle.

They show us them having a great time together but never show the carnage that they've left in their wake because they've shaken up the system so thoroughly.

Just finished watching the finale and it was good. I was so glad that Yoo Jin's story had a satisfactory ending and was incredibly moved by Se Joon's sacrifice for her. Yoo Jin and Se Joon's relationship had a very good ending. While Je Ha and Anna did get a happy ending, I've always felt that the writer could have explored their relationship further.  Shared more of my thoughts  https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/the-k2-finale/

40 minutes ago, latigreblue said:

I  don't agree with the person who said that it would have been so hard for Anna to let go of all that power and wealth. If they are travelling then she's not poverty stricken and she also did not grow up relying on the trappings of wealth. That first episode of Je Ha staring at her in the house revealed that she has quite simple tastes. Her brushes with people of immense wealth and power had not been pleasant but downright dangerous for her and those around her. She also did not grow up poor like Yoo Jin and have to fight to acquire and keep wealth. She had no pressure or expectations of her to be ambitious and to keep power.

Yoo Jin and her father were both now dead so there's need to get power for revenge because she doesn't have any pressing enemies.

She didn't have to be like Yoo Jin and live this perilous life to please and keep the man she loved and to do everything in her power to fulfill his ambitions including being a monster and threatening his daughter and pretending to have killed his ex and putting up with his philandering so that he would not leave her alone because she feels so unloved. Anna already found a ridiculously good-looking, capable man who loves her as she is (probably doesn't hurt that she looks like Yoona from SNSD).

I also felt that this show was about a fantasy triumph of the common man (the proletariat) over the rich and powerful (the bourgeoisie) who have so much control over and so little regard for their lives. Anna and Je Ha are the writer's proxies. Through them, the writer expresses his/her(?) disdain for the 'ruling' class. There was never any other choice but to walk away from that lifestyle.

They show us them having a great time together but never show the carnage that they've left in their wake because they've shaken up the system so thoroughly.

I thought that same. Why don't they show what happens to the politicians ??? But then I think they did it considering Korea's current political issue. 

10 hours ago, Bambiina said:

I cried because of Anna pure heart that able to forgive the person that robbed her of her youth and almost kill her, I wept because SJ sacrifice himself  and finally he made amend ....

:D 

I am still not ova ... I love the kiss ove ..I am watching it for the thousand times ova ...

wahahhahahah ...

Loveeeeeeeee it .. I will repeat the ending like FOREVER ....

@Bambiina I thought this do during That scene. Previously with the secretary and again in cloud 9 with YJ. I think it is because she had let go of the hate and anger also bc her heart is purest of them all. All the scenes of YJ-Anna, JSJ-Anna, JSJ-YJ and JSS bodyguards crying over JHAN, made me cry. JSJ and YJ especially were really nice bc it seems that above anything else it was just misunderstandings and bad assumptions that deep down they still very much care about each other. 

The kiss I cannot get over it, especially the kiss in spain. OMG... how do I move on? 

@Sesame Chew Lol with Jeha its all actions or he will lose His cool. He made up for it with his kissing skills. Lol 

I just watched the subbed for 15&16. 

And like I said before I am satisfied. :)

I felt that the last two episode manage to tie up the obvious loose ends.

i think we realise the true monster is really SW. He was ruthless just to make sure that he survived this bomb. He used Anna as hostage twice, once with SJ&YJ and JH. Utterly despicable!  :angry:

That scene where Anna saw JH really what he is like when it comes to protecting her, that scene was definitely necessary. In order to love someone deeply, you need to now all their sides; both the bad and the good. The scene of the 'ice' and 'sit down' was well incorporated into the scene. Brilliant!  :thumbsup:

That scene when YJ was bleeding and yet despite Anna's hatred for the woman, Anna has the compassion to help her. I am glad to know that yes YJ did not kill UMR. It was her father instead that did. True YJ failed to save UMR because she did not want to let go of that love she had. 

That scene between Anna and YJ, I feel it was one of the best ways for YJ to not say per say ask for forgiveness but to let her sins come to light. And I believe Anna did forgive her in the end.

throughout the drama, we discovered that yes YJ is a monster in her own way. But she indeed has a sad fate (perhaps not the best word) the scene where SJ chose to sacrifice himself to save Anna and JH. I am not sure what he realise in that moment but he may have thought he needs to sacrifice himself so that Anna and JH can have a happy ending. 

It was a beautiful and heartbreaking scene between YJ and SJ when they hugged each other before the bomb went off. I am not sure but in that moment I really felt that they truly do love each other, true their love story was filled with deceit and hatred. But I think there was love, some love there before everything went haywire.  :bawling:

so my understanding is that for awhile Anna was the head of JSS and chief Kim was still in that position that's why she was able to kill SW with JSS agents. As for Park, well I am not sure why the Chief turned against him, but I am glad that it was not JH who killed him. I mentioned it before that I never believed that JH needs to kill in order to execute his revenge. And I am glad he didn't. Park and SW got what they each deserved.  :skull:

The very last scene, my understanding is that Anna gave up the power that YJ bestowed to her, by sending that email which exposes all the rotten politicians and company man. Anna choose to walk away from that throne YJ gave her. She chose to live a life of quietness with JH. Rather than in the main house, she eventually went back into the holding house instead. It speaks to her personality, she was never someone who desired greed and power and as such even though she had it. She eventually choose to give it up. 

The last scenes of course between JH-Anna, was brillaint. Still shows that JH the animal can only be tamed by Anna. He was so worried for a second what she was going to do to him. I loved the kiss scenes, especially the scene in Spain. The scene in Spain was utterly beautiful and just WOW! Thank you writers and directors for that!  :love:

As for the JH's real name, I don't think it was necessary for us to know. Anna feel in love with a man called Kim JeHa. JH too gained a new life, love and identity though that name, so ending it before he could say. I am satisfied.  :glasses:

Thank you to all my fellow chingu, dearies. I always look forward to have such amazing discussion and reading some deep deep analysis of each episode and character! Thank you for making my weekends always so fun and excited! I am truly going to miss this drama, it has definitely entered my list of dramas I will re-watch! (I will have a more personal thank you post later) :D

Thank you you to all the actor and actress. 

Song Yoona: truly truly, she was the star of this drama. Her acting in every scene was just flawless and scary. She just manage such a complex and evil character come across so well! It was truly amazing. Indeed YJ was the true villain and yet she was a villain who knew how to manipulate people. Brilliant!  :love:

Ji Chang Wook: the hard work of every action scene he was in was just WOW! I hope he does do more action scene. The scenes between him and SYA was amazing every time and the same time his chemistry with Yoona was also utterly beautiful and cute. Truly indeed was just amazing!  :kiss_wink:

Lastly Yoona: to be completely honest I had my doubts, but her really has pushed her boundaries as an actress. I feel that her acting has definitely improved so much! Anna too was such a complex and poor character. Every crying scene Yoona executed was amazing, my heart ached everything time. Her scenes with JCW was amazing, the natural skinship and interactions between the two was something i always looked forward to each episode.  :heart:

After watching the ending episodes, I think my previous analysis on the characters is pretty accurate. [1] [2]

Choi Yoo-Jin and Go Anna are both complex and pitiful, but in a very contrasting way. Though left unsaid, I'm sure Anna has already forgiven her step-mother. For many manipulations and ruthless deeds that YooJin has done, however, death is a pretty fair ending for her. I rather have this than having her going to jail. Also, having Jang SeJoon died with her is, by itself, a happy ending for the couple. As I said in my previous analysis, YooJin lacks affection and is thirsty to be loved, so she finally can smile having him beside her before her last breath. I also think that Jang Se-joon's death is very poignant in the sense that he finally was able to sacrifice something for both his daughter and wife at the same time.

The acting in this drama is amazing. There are no words to describe how wonder the chemistry is among all the actors. I don’t think we can ask for a better cast. Though I think there can be more potential to the storyline, but overall, it’s a pretty good drama. I enjoyed it to the fullest.

• Guest changed the title to [ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

i have so much to say about the show while i was watching episode 15 and 16, but decided to just leave it to myself. hahaha.

anyways, choi yoo jin and jang se joon's ending was quite satifying, albeit i really want CYJ to be alive in the end. but i guess that's too much to ask. i must say that Je Ha being able to do all the stunts right after he woke up from the brink of death was quite unbelievable.

the subway scene is too much to handle! hahahaha! 

on the last episode, i noticed that the writer/director tried to imitate few of the JH and Anna's interaction in the first part of the drama.

first is, when JH almost reached Anna being taken in the car, and Anna is asking for help.

second, when Anna and JH bumped into each other on the basement. almost same scenario where Anna is being chased. >_<

I've been an avid lurker of this thread after episode 4 or 6, but now I'm coming out, hehehee...I just watched the finale, and may I just say; SUBWAY AGAIN?? Daaamn, how many dramas has been sponsored by them this year? Hahahaa...

Okay, jokes aside, I watched the drama for Ji Chang Wook at first, but Song Yoon Ah's character is the only one that kept me glued to this drama. Choi Yoojin is evil and complex, but the circumstances around her forced her to be. Choi Yoojin made me switch sides every time she's on screen, I'm always questioning if I should root for her or not, and the finale made me root for her, even though she dies at the end. What I like is that she seems to sympathized completely with Anna, since their situation is quite similar. She didn't want Anna to become like her, so she spills all the truth regarding her father at the middle of the drama, except the fact that she didn't kill her mother 'directly' until her death. What I don't like from the drama (it might come across as nitpicking, so sorry for that) is Anna as a character. She intrigued me at first since I thought she would be a kind of badass because she'd been caged throughout her life and might have plotted something for her escape and be like Yoojin 2.0 with more humanity, but then she fell flat and become a literal 'puppet'/'thing'; she was there for the sake of being a collateral for every sides. Such a wasted potential, really...Anna can be so much more than that. YoonA did a great job as Anna, she made Anna lovable to me. :)

But on the other hand, Jeha-Anna's interactions throughout the series are cute though, although I didn't expect them to become lovers. I don't know, I think it's better for them to remain friends, I kinda felt their relationship moved too fast. I can understand Anna's crush to Jeha, but I felt Jeha is still hung up on Raniya/Naniya even after their relationship started.

Overall, I enjoyed the drama so much, the cinematography is beautiful, the cast acting is stellar, the story is enough to make me keep watching until the end. Thank you to everyone who worked hard on this drama, and thank you for the members on this thread who have been posting amazing analysis of the characters. I'm kinda bad at reading between the lines and expression, so all of your posts helped me understanding the drama more. Thank you, thank you everyone!!

I just rewatched the episode again and Yoo Jin and Se Joon's final scene is just so powerful and made me cry once again. What an amazing finale! Thanks to K2 team for delivering a wonderful finale and kudos to Song Yoo-Na for making Yoo Jin one of the most compelling villains ever! Amended my blog entry to convey more accurately all the great moments Yoo Jin had in the episode.. :)

https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/the-k2-finale/

It is sad to see that some fans are taking out their discontent with the ending on Yoona. The rush to put down the character and the actress is so low life. No one has to like everyone on a drama but taking steps to go all over the place (forums/threads) to discredit her work on the drama and to say hateful personal thing is beyond what i think is reasonable behaviour.  

One thing i have learn through this drama is when it comes to hate drama fans are the same as kpop fans. Sad but true.

On another note, glad that the 16 episode  have been great on an entertaining drama. Acting has been great. Fun was there. 

Goodbye TheK2. You taught me a lot.

CxGrTD1UQAAqqwv.jpg

Spoiler

CxIH-dfUoAAIwLT.jpg

CxIDE_yUQAAODD3.jpg

CxGr8k4UcAA2Js5.jpg

CxGrsHkUsAA-iNy.jpg

CxGrrL2UcAAciWw.jpg

cr: twitter

THE K2 OST

CxEd3-KVIAE7D6w.jpg

Spoiler

CxEd5NVUUAIhpWZ.jpg

Glad with the writing for the final 2 episodes, although JH=superman and subway AGAIN is hhhmmmm!!!!! yet I'm so happy with the ending, happy ending for JH/Anna and a proper sendoff for YJ and SJ, didn't see that coming (SJ dying with YJ), their last moments , affects me each time I see the gifs or even stills

Grown-Man-Crying.gif

Archived