[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

I can see that yoo jin has some trust in Je ha and the opposite is true too but i believe the two never really trust each other completely and in the end their game and their own victory comes first. Actually from Je ha part it is quite clear that he is not 100 percent sure about her but if as some are saying here yoo jin is really that much invested in his trust then why in episode 11 she tells her secretory no tell anything to Je ha about their plan. what i am trying to say no matter how much they seem to trust each other at the end of the day their own benefit comes first and i dont think they ruin themselves for another one no matter how much they care specially from yoo jin part. she is turning the table and playing just like everyone else even je ha and anna. I think it doesnt matter which one will be betrayed as all r playing and they know what they are doing and in games there are always tricks that u dont know even from the ones that u kind of trust. I am sure a smart woman like yoo jin and same about je ha who got to know each other a bit before working together know they cant trust each other completely so even in their trust they are playing . what i am trying to say at the end u cant really blame the one that betray the other one because they knew what they stepped in.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, perfectsmilebias said:

Also, the "Anna will use love for revenge" seems to be another thing the writer dropped just like the social phobia thing. Hopefully I'm wrong. It will be messy, just like how I predicted the last episodes were going to be, but it might be interesting.

i'm waiting for that too, apparently the writer forget that thing. AN, it's your turn to be black hehee. Sure the plot will be messy but hey, isn't that what AN always want? I really want to see AN x CYJ showdown

no preview yet? sigh

anyway i just noticed this scene. it's after the rooftop blanket scene. what's with the other bodyguards? lol

credit : gyu2003 (me lol)

7 hours ago, anipanch said:

I remember it, and I dont care

This is the right attitude – I loike :D

The character can be a coldblooded murder and I still like him – Example – Teabag in Prison Break .. I love to compare my feeling with his case is because – I like him despite him being black. I do not understand his reasons or condone his act but I like him. I don’t try to think he is grey … He is pure evil but I love him nevertheless. When he died, the show short of loose one of the main attractions.

I think I am more angry the fact that JH is on YJ side and his –don’t-do-this-Annaya-YJ-is-innocent- looks. He has witness Anna situation and Anna almost died (because YJ stop the ambulance). He was so angry that he confronted YJ. He seen the terrified Anna in spain .. the pain and the sorrow … and for him to continue working with YJ and just stood on the sideline watching Anna struggling to punish the stepmother that tortured her for 14 years .. I was like duh – what happen to you JH? Please tell me you are just bluffing that dragon lady ..

We have the right to feel this way because PD/Writer had shown to us Anna-JH development showing JH as Anna savior and now they are trying to change direction? Him controlling Cloud 9, getting closer to YJ land sort of abandoning Anna to CSW just too much for me (unless of course he is just bluffing YJ).

I don’t mind if writer want to change CYJ character and just bury all her black deed and turn everything to grey .. go ahead .. redeem her character all he want .. but please don’t ‘ruin’ JH character too …  don’t make him another JSJ to Anna … Please make him save Anna from CSW.

I don’t know how writer can make both team a winner (without JH betraying one of them).

And now I see the shifting of the plot toward YJ … I don’t know if I can enjoy watching loathsome YJ ..

Now it’s look like the plot going to the direction of CYJ vs CSW (Anna) .. Will K2 be the side character, or will Anna sit on the ‘bench’ while the K2 and YJ play in the field going against CSW (ie Anna). And writer may just change CYJ character to be the one helping Anna getting away from CSW --- urrghhh - what a crazy twist from someone that tried to kill Anna and doesn't care about Anna to someone that save Anna?? .. Don't go toward this direction writer nim ...  

I lost confidence – I hope episode 13 will be able to revive my interest toward this drama .. I need JH to work with Anna to solve the mystery.

I don’t want JH to be around YJ that lusting after him (well I know some interpret YJ feeling as ‘something’ else .. for me YJ like/love/infatuated with JH. That the reason some feel the vibe when YJ and JH in the same frame). I am with you @julie721 – SYA need to tone down her acting and control the way she look at JCW. Don’t give that ‘smitten’ vibe. Mad props to JCW … I agree Julie – He is amazing. I did not get the ‘romantic’ vibe when he look at SYA, it's more to a comrade feel – I got your back you got my back kind of vibe … loyalty between friend .. JCW able to draw the line ..

Since director declared there was not supposed to be loveline between JH and YJ … it should be this way and SYA need to tone down her acting to suit the narrative. Some people (during initial stage – dreaming (wanting) to see YJ kissing JH – even if it’s only ‘dream scene’) … If it’s true there is no loveline Director need to tell SYA to tone down that lustful look.  

Haha … what nonsense to ask an actress to tone down her acting to let another of her favourite actor/actress to shine!!!  This is the 1st time I’m hearing this and I think any actor/actress in his/her right mind in the industry will not do that.  If the director is not happy with the performance then he can anytime not show the part or have retake/s until he is fully satisfied.  :astonished:

okay i am so busy i can visit here once in the day so how i should feel when i am going for days and come back to find TVN didn't gave us anything ??? really nothing okay i am going to wait our chance to get something in the coming hours is  high , right ??? or do TVN want to keep all the fun for Friday !!!:unamused:

@julie721

I disagree with you on JCW being a better actor than SYA and I'm saying this as a mega JCW fan. NOoooooOoOoo way! JCW does balance well with others, but he also gets lazy in acting when he is paired with an actress that does not challenge him and especially when he is given a character that doesn't challenge him. I could see this in parts of Healer, Whirlwind girl 2, Kara secret love, and most definitely in Jeha. In Empress Ki, his character was incredibly challenging plus his main co-star was the very good acrtess Ha Ji Won. He had to bring his A-game and there were plenty of times his acting outshined the others including Ha Ji Won. That is the burden actors have to carry if they are playing the most emotionally complex character in a cast filled with less complex characters. That is the fault of the writers not the actors.

In the early episodes of K2 JCW matched with SYA, but he was never able to reach her level. In the latest episodes, it seems the director told JCW to "tone it down" so his acting as a whole has suffered, he seems very uninspired by this role. It is no surprise, after two action dramas and two Chinese dramas, JCW keeps mentioning that he wants to do an emotionally charged Melo. He wants a character he can emotionally dig deep into.

Also, about the main character thing. Even though K2 is the name of the drama, he isn't the sole main lead. The main leads are YooJin and Jeha, then Anna, then SJ. In the synopsis of this drama it is clear what type of main character Jeha is, he isn't a main character whose own story arc drives the story or is front and center. Jeha's story begins when he is hired by YooJin and becomes K2. His role as a main character is that of an observer. He gets thrust into this family and the audience gets to know the members of this family through their interactions with K2. As an observer, Jeha has remained neutral, that is kind of the point of the character. So, you can't say the show misadvertised itself.

Also, no one was questioning whether the show was advocating good morality or not when the main "hero" tried to brutally attack the Assemblyman with ACID!!!! Murder is messed up, but disfiguring someone before killing them is levels of messed up. But nobody cared whether or not the show was advocating such horrendous forms of violence, why?? Because Jeha is the "hero", the Assemblyman  isnt "innocent"? Who made Jeha judge and executioner? Does he derive this power from the people or his own ego? Is murder ever truly justified, especially such cruel and unusual punishment?

I have always accepted from the beginning that this drama is presenting (I wouldn't say advocating because I don't believe every work of media delivers or should deliver a moral lesson, rather present the audience with thematic explorations so that they can come up with their own conclusions and understandings) grey mortality. Time and time again this drama has shone me that it has utimately stayed true to this characteristic. It would mess up the consistency, tone, and themes of this drama if in the end YooJin's character was delegated only as a tool with which the audience can be taught a moral lesson.

30 minutes ago, perfectsmilebias said:

Also, no one was questioning whether the show was advocating good morality or not when the main "hero" tried to brutally attack the Assemblyman with ACID!!!! Murder is messed up, but disfiguring someone before killing them is levels of messed up. But nobody cared whether or not the show was advocating such horrendous forms of violence, why?? Because Jeha is the "hero", the Assemblyman  isnt "innocent"? Who made Jeha judge and executioner? Does he derive this power from the people or his own ego? Is murder ever truly justified, especially such cruel and unusual punishment?

I was hoping JH spoon out his eyes and leave him blind for the rest of his life. Of course no one cares what happen to PKS (because he deserved to be punished - since law can't do the justice, I'm so glad JH tried to maim him for live). 

Why it's different with YJ - First it involved a little child (Anna was 9 years old) .. then the innocent old couple which help JH .. and JH himself .. 

Bad people punishing bad people = OK .. this is JH case.

Bad people punishing good people = NOT OK this is YJ case.

Simple 

Disclaimer : Provided Writer did not come up with a twist and give an absurd reason to justify YJ actions ..

53 minutes ago, valsava said:

Check this out

Hide contents

They are going to be in one drama now this should be interesting

I don't know - There's only one girl ...

Spoiler

I see a mess coming .. wakakaka .. we are talking  Lee Jun Gi, Lee Jong Suk, Ji Chang wook ... Park hae Jin, Taecyon and Kai in one drama and only 1 girl ...

This will be crazy ... I think this is just some kind of april fool joke ... can't be true .. 

@YourHighness . @feima - I hope we don't need our cutlery ... and save that wine for a toast instead ... praying 13 will be good (ie don't let Anna be anymore pathetic than she is in ep 12). 

Bring back my JH .. huhu

@perfectsmilebias this is where I have to respecftully disagree with you.  As a fellow JCW fan, I agree Empress ki was the turning point of his career, why? Because his character as the crazy emperor demanded him to, used his full potential, and he has a lot of material to work on in terms of fleshing out his deep emotions. IMO,  I measure an actor's brilliance in acting if he has affect me in conveying his emotions with just subtle expressions .  For example you dont need to go over the top yelling if you are frustrated or hurt with something just like most actors do.. jcw learned how to control and or should I say balance his acting. In healer, he does not have that lots of emotional scenes, but still the scenes where he had to flesh out his emotions, he was still able to convey it with subtlety , because that is what his character is about. Seo Jung hoo, is a character that has never cried ever since his mom left him, but when his "teacher" died, I was still,able to feel his pain without him even shedding a single tear. Why? Because I see richness with subtlety.  And I know, This is not an isolated case, I know I am not just saying this because I am just a fan, that is because I have seen some great actors, so  I know JCW is not lazy with his acting in relation to who her partner is.  And pls, let us not consider that Whirlwind girl drama , coz that is not a good basis of his acting capabilities, , we know that is just a youth oriented program, and there is no material for him to showcase his talents. Same thing with The KARA special drama, the material given to him does not need for him to flesh out his chracter, too,  but he just acted accordingly to what the script is asking him, no need to be over the top. 

i know you are a CYJ fan or better yet a SYA fan,, she is a hidden gem in this drama! And now I am her new fan too!, but both are great actors, both compliment each other, their scenes are always on point. No need to compare. The thing is, it is always SYA who is been constantly given a better material or scene to show her acting ability. Is It not? Is it the actor's fault? What scenes   have the writers given JH so far, ? Fighting the baddies, saving  and romancing  AN.. he does not have enough scenes to show his emotional acting, only TWO scenes I can remember: the Rania death scene and PKS confrontation scene.  . he has not been given enough material to showcase his acting ability, so it is not fair for JCW to call him getting lazy on his acting.  

I have watched all his dramas, from smile donghae to the K2.. im not saying he is the best out there, he does have some issues to work on, but he is still one of the best in his generation, but he surely is not LAZY, i just wish that with the remaining episodes writer will let us see more of his emotional acting. . He has grown, I used to find his acting before as over the top, but from Empress ki to present, he has learned how to balance it.  Anyway, we can always agree to disagree.. This is just my point... 

1 hour ago, perfectsmilebias said:

@julie721

I disagree with you on JCW being a better actor than SYA and I'm saying this as a mega JCW fan. NOoooooOoOoo way! JCW does balance well with others, but he also gets lazy in acting when he is paired with an actress that does not challenge him and especially when he is given a character that doesn't challenge him. I could see this in parts of Healer, Whirlwind girl 2, Kara secret love, and most definitely in Jeha. In Empress Ki, his character was incredibly challenging plus his main co-star was the very good acrtess Ha Ji Won. He had to bring his A-game and there were plenty of times his acting outshined the others including Ha Ji Won. That is the burden actors have to carry if they are playing the most emotionally complex character in a cast filled with less complex characters. That is the fault of the writers not the actors.

In the early episodes of K2 JCW matched with SYA, but he was never able to reach her level. In the latest episodes, it seems the director told JCW to "tone it down" so his acting as a whole has suffered, he seems very uninspired by this role. It is no surprise, after two action dramas and two Chinese dramas, JCW keeps mentioning that he wants to do an emotionally charged Melo. He wants a character he can emotionally dig deep into.

Also, about the main character thing. Even though K2 is the name of the drama, he isn't the sole main lead. The main leads are YooJin and Jeha, then Anna, then SJ. In the synopsis of this drama it is clear what type of main character Jeha is, he isn't a main character whose own story arc drives the story or is front and center. Jeha's story begins when he is hired by YooJin and becomes K2. His role as a main character is that of an observer. He gets thrust into this family and the audience gets to know the members of this family through their interactions with K2. As an observer, Jeha has remained neutral, that is kind of the point of the character. So, you can't say the show misadvertised itself.

I have always accepted from the beginning that this drama is presenting (I wouldn't say advocating because I don't believe every work of media delivers or should deliver a moral lesson, rather present the audience with thematic explorations so that they can come up with their own conclusions and understandings) grey mortality. Time and time again this drama has shone me that it has utimately stayed true to this characteristic. It would mess up the consistency, tone, and themes of this drama if in the end YooJin's character was delegated only as a tool with which the audience can be taught a moral lesson.

I always get happy when I see your posts ! They always make sense. And you're totally right, YJ is actually a main lead. I don't remember if I read it here or elsewhere but SYA was listed first in the credits and after some times they moved her down (what even), and they just promote JCW and Yoona as the main couple and leads for the popularity. They both are popular, beautiful people and of course the audience wants to see their romantic scenes. It's all for the marketing. And YJ is the one that creates the plot. 

As for JCW I have to say that he does great and imo keeps up well with SYA. One of the reasons would be their chemistry, it makes their scenes great! And agree about the character of JH not inspiring the actor. He kind of looks drained this last episodes. Most likely JCW was really asked to tone it down

Okay. 

Here's the thing. As of now, k2 has yet to reveal so many things in order for us to accurately assess the characters of this story. So I still have so many reservations too. So what we have now are all speculations. There is one thing that I want to point out. If things aren't explained well in the remaining episodes, the writer (although I'm not surprised) has messed up again.

If there's one thing I love about this though, he tried to be very creative in showing the Jehanna moments (e.g. ramen scenes/cctv scenes, rooftop scenes, blanket kiss, etc.). Aside from this, Yoona and JCW are so convincing to me. Some may disagree, some may not. But, again this is from my point of view. One thing is clear. JCW has convinced me beyond anything how much JH loves or cares for Anna. And it's a love that is beyond anything. It's a pure and innocent love. Before people come in to disagree with me about his actions pertaining to siding YJ and all, I blame the writer. But the way he ACTS, LOOKS/STARES, and TOUCHES Anna, you will have no doubt of the sincerity and love in his eyes. (Arghh! it's sad that I do not know how to put gifs and pics and all in here, but if you are very particular in his acting, you will definitely see this.)

JCW's acting is great. I do not want to compare it to to any other actor/s because I don't want to start a discussion about this. But here I saw JH how he is when he's mad. I saw JH how funny he can be. I saw JH grace us with his action scenes. I saw JH how broken he can be. I saw JH how in so many other ways. But lastly, I saw JH how he can lovingly and tenderly gaze at someone. I saw JH how he can be at peace and calm when he's with Anna. I saw JH how he can hold someone so gently and yet firmly. Gosh! I'm in love with how JCW can portray all these things not only through his actions but also through his eyes. The eyes... As to how can JCW generate various expressions through his eyes is beyond me. 

Anyway, again, my problem with K2 right now, is that there are so many things going on, and with four remaining episodes, I am seriously hoping that they will manage to at least provide us with a satisfying ending/resolution. I have so many things to say about the characters themselves but I just can't right now because everything has yet to be revealed. It's insane though that even up to this point, there are so many issues to resolve and even we, are not sure, of the backstory of the characters themselves. Since people are speculating that it was really bad for YJ and she was a Raniya before that NEEDED a saving, I am at loss at how bad was it for her? Okay. Maybe because she gave up all for SJ who cheated with her. Right? But then is that enough? Okay. Maybe add to that that her father taken another as a mistress and she ended up having a stepbrother? Again, would these be enough? Okay. Maybe she was disregarded by her father and favoured her step brother? Again, would all these be enough? Was she treated bad by her father? How bad was she treated by her father? We are at loss at this point. Were she and her mother thrown away altogether by her father. Were she and her mother left to fend for themselves? Again, would these be enough for her to just order the killing of the innocent elderly people just because they happened to meet JH? Or maybe she did not need saving at all but "loving?" 

JH's character. As pointed out by some of you, when it comes to his morals, he could not be deemed just a true "hero" in a sense or someone with the good morals and all. I will not argue against that for that matter. It seems that for him, it's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Also, again, we are lacking enough backstory for him. But the gist, I believe as the drama has shown, is that he became "bad" in a sense because he was framed up to kill the person he loved.

Anyway, I appreciate (although I do not completely agree) the fact that Anna is purposely being left in the dark by him because he does not want Anna to know that it involves murder and things like that. I appreciate (again, although, I do not completely agree) the fact that he wants Anna to be as innocent as she can be and he wants to do all the work by himself. Some may have already judged his supposed "love" but I really cannot judge  it based on the things JH has already shown in the previous episodes. If there's anything wrong about it, it's the writer. If there's anything wrong about it, is that there is a necessity in entangling all the characters in order to move the story. Again, as I mentioned before, if push comes to shove and if there's any logic left in the drama, Anna's life will be his utmost priority above anything else. 

Also, I don't know about you guys saying that JCW was asked by the director to tone it down and why does he need to tone it down? I did not see at all that he was uninspired, though. And in what areas did you think his acting suffered because I did not notice them at all? Hmmm... so JCW is the type of actor who allows his "uninspiration" to show or get noticed in his acting just because he was not challenged by the role? 

9 minutes ago, meh2222 said:

Okay. 

Here's the thing. As of now, k2 has yet to reveal so many things in order for us to accurately assess the characters of this story. So I still have so many reservations too. So what we have now are all speculations. There is one thing that I want to point out. If things aren't explained well in the remaining episodes, the writer (although I'm not surprised) has messed up again.

If there's one thing I love about this though, he tried to be very creative in showing the Jehanna moments (e.g. ramen scenes/cctv scenes, rooftop scenes, blanket kiss, etc.). Aside from this, Yoona and JCW are so convincing to me. Some may disagree, some may not. But, again this is from my point of view. One thing is clear. JCW has convinced me beyond anything how much JH loves or cares for Anna. And it's a love that is beyond anything. It's a pure and innocent love. Before people come in to disagree with me about his actions pertaining to siding YJ and all, I blame the writer. But the way he ACTS, LOOKS/STARES, and TOUCHES Anna, you will have no doubt of the sincerity and love in his eyes. (Arghh! it's sad that I do not know how to put gifs and pics and all in here, but if you are very particular in his acting, you will definitely see this.)

JCW's acting is great. I do not want to compare it to to any other actor/s because I don't want to start a discussion about this. But here I saw JH how he is when he's mad. I saw JH how funny he can be. I saw JH grace us with his action scenes. I saw JH how broken he can be. I saw JH how in so many other ways. But lastly, I saw JH how he can lovingly and tenderly gaze at someone. I saw JH how he can be at peace and calm when he's with Anna. I saw JH how he can hold someone so gently and yet firmly. Gosh! I'm in love with how JCW can portray all these things not only through his actions but also through his eyes. The eyes... As to how can JCW generate various expressions through his eyes is beyond me. 

Anyway, again, my problem with K2 right now, is that there are so many things going on, and with four remaining episodes, I am seriously hoping that they will manage to at least provide us with a satisfying ending/resolution. I have so many things to say about the characters themselves but I just can't right now because everything has yet to be revealed. It's insane though that even up to this point, there are so many issues to resolve and even we, are not sure, of the backstory of the characters themselves. Since people are speculating that it was really bad for YJ and she was a Raniya before that NEEDED a saving, I am at loss at how bad was it for her? Okay. Maybe because she gave up all for SJ who cheated with her. Right? But then is that enough? Okay. Maybe add to that that her father taken another as a mistress and she ended up having a stepbrother? Again, would these be enough? Okay. Maybe she was disregarded by her father and favoured her step brother? Again, would all these be enough? Was she treated bad by her father? How bad was she treated by her father? We are at loss at this point. Were she and her mother thrown away altogether by her father. Were she and her mother left to fend for themselves? Again, would these be enough for her to just order the killing of the innocent elderly people just because they happened to meet JH? Or maybe she did not need saving at all but "loving?" 

JH's character. As pointed out by some of you, when it comes to his morals, he could not be deemed just a true "hero" in a sense or someone with the good morals and all. I will not argue against that for that matter. It seems that for him, it's an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Also, again, we are lacking enough backstory for him. But the gist, I believe as the drama has shown, is that he became "bad" in a sense because he was framed up to kill the person he loved.

Anyway, I appreciate (although I do not completely agree) the fact that Anna is purposely being left in the dark by him because he does not want Anna to know that it involves murder and things like that. I appreciate (again, although, I do not completely agree) the fact that he wants Anna to be as innocent as she can be and he wants to do all the work by himself. Some may have already judged his supposed "love" but I really cannot judge  it based on the things JH has already shown in the previous episodes. If there's anything wrong about it, it's the writer. If there's anything wrong about it, is that there is a necessity in entangling all the characters in order to move the story. Again, as I mentioned before, if push comes to shove and if there's any logic left in the drama, Anna's life will be his utmost priority above anything else. 

Agree with everything you said.. Especially the bold parts! How Can i forget the Eyes!  I feel like this drama should be 20 episodes if we look at the situation of the drama right now.. But if you look at it, there were just a lot of unnecessary long  scenes in almost all of the episodes that if only the writer knew how to balance It, we would not be able to find it challenging and worriesome for him to be able to resolve all the issues with the remaining 4 episodes. So With that, I am afraid.. But the thing is I dont think the writer is even aware of his shortcomings, coz Yong Pal had high rating during it's run,  now K2 is considered a hit and has been no. 1 on it's timeslot if I'm not mistaken. So from his point of view, he may think he is not doing anything wrong.. Coz let's be honest for them the true measurement of success is the Ratings. and Sadly this is what always happen Ratings > Quality.. It's a shame this drama has so much potential, he has an awesome casts, im still crossing my fingers for the remaining 4.. I still hope to be satisfied with the ending.. 

27 minutes ago, meh2222 said:

Okay. 

Also, I don't know about you guys saying that JCW was asked by the director to tone it down and why does he need to tone it down? I did not see at all that he was uninspired, though. And in what areas did you think his acting suffered because I did not notice them at all? Hmmm... so JCW is an actor that can let his "uninspiration" show in his acting just because he was not challenged by the role? 

Tone in down im regards to JH/YJ scenes,  because it is clear he tries to look annoyed. The thing with chemistry is that it comes naturally, you can't play it and fake it, no matter how much one tries if there is no chemistry between two people it can't be played out. That's the example of SYA and JCW - this two actors have unbelievable chemistry, and first 6 episodes showed us enough of it. But their chemistry was effecting the drama and character dynamics the wrong way, many people started shipping them and that wasn't the goal of the writers, so yes, I believe JCW was asked to restrain himself and not make the scenes with SYA full of tension.(that has happened a lot in other movies and tv shows when actors were asked to tone down the chemistry by the directors,  and that actually affects the acting wrongly)

Also I pointed out that I like his acting very much, he keeps up well with a A+ actress like SYA, if it wasn't that way many people wouldn't like their scenes like they do now. And regarding the topic about him being uninspired. It's not about being professional, if an actor isn't interested and the character doesnt satisfy them no matter how good they are it will affect them in one way or another. Also JCW said that he doesn't want to play in action dramas anymore it seems like he got bored with them and it's okay he wants to do other things. I would totally want to see him in a drama like 'uncontrollably fond', kim woo bin had done a great job and showed us how good he can be. It would be very interesting to see JCW in a similar role

Also I totally agree with you about writers messing up and things being confusing. Indeed our theories are all speculations because 99% of the things in the drama is unknown

9 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Tone in down im regards to JH/YJ scenes,  because it is clear he tries to look annoyed. The thing with chemistry is that it comes naturally, you can't play it and fake it, no matter how much one tries if there is no chemistry between two people it can't be played out. That's the example of SYA and JCW - this two actors have unbelievable chemistry, and first 6 episodes showed us enough of it. But their chemistry was effecting the drama and character dynamics the wrong way, many people started shipping them and that wasn't the goal of the writers, so yes, I believe JCW was asked to restrain himself and not make the scenes with SYA full of tension.(that has happened a lot in other movies and tv shows when actors were asked to tone down the chemistry by the directors,  and that actually affects the acting wrongly)

Also I pointed out that I like his acting very much, he keeps up well with a A+ actress like SYA, if it wasn't that way many people wouldn't like their scenes like they do now. And regarding the topic about him being uninspired. It's not about being professional, if an actor isn't interested and the character doesnt satisfy them no matter how good they are it will affect them in one way or another. Also JCW said that he doesn't want to play in action dramas anymore it seems like he got bored with them and it's okay he wants to do other things. I would totally want to see him in a drama like 'uncontrollably fond', kim woo bin had done a great job and showed us how good he can be. It would be very interesting to see JCW in a similar role

Also I totally agree with you about writers messing up and things being confusing. Indeed our theories are all speculations because 99% of the things in the drama is unknown

Ahh I read it was the other way round - Director kinda blame SYA for being too good and there was not suppose to be loveline.

12 hours ago, rei-ra said:

Ok, but lets look at it from another prospective: who made him k2? 

I haven't seen episode 11&12 'coz I'm waiting for the end so I can see it all together because I agree with everyone , now is very confusing.. I think CYJ character is important because gives an edge to the others. I think the author is trying to say that Anna gonna be CYJ after some years if nobody helps her therefore k2 is important in so many different angles. Also II'm glad they revealed the truth about her mother. ok it was horrible that they killed her,nobody deserves to die, but she wasn't that guilt free either. Come on, she new she was the mistress , she cheated on her husband too and nobody said anything. Ok you shouldn't speak bad about the dead but everything has a limit. Ana's mother wasn't a martyr that died for love,she was a weak person that destroyed her life and that of her daughter! And don't make me start about Anna's father.  I'm sorry if I came out sounding bad but I hate adultery. 

What I like about this drama is that everyone one has a dark side and the author doesn't hide it.

Just FYI, UHR never cheated on her husband. She was already pregnant when she married him and went to America. She then divorced and came back to SK where she met JSJ again who figured out Anna was his and so they acted like a family behind CYJ's back because they both knew him leaving CYJ without feeling her wrath was impossible. So CYJ is the victim in this affair and Anna. Honestly, I wish YJ had slapped them both and left JSJ to rot but since she went against everyone for him, she chose to stubbornly remain in hell just to keep up appearance. So after a while even she stopped being a victim of the affair.

Also @julie721 you know it's laughable but I re-watched the earlier episodes of K2 and noticed that YJ tends to get very close to men and leans forward, very close to their face while talking to them in her bid to intimidate and make them uncomfortable. She did the same to the head of JSS in episode 5.

AEyNrKl.jpg

lVydcOq.jpg

LOL! So why is no one talking about their exploding chemistry? :lol: Just because the head of JSS is not young or as attractive or hot as JH? :lol: Unfair! So really its her character and not attraction that makes her go so close to JH. The difference is, most men back off but JH doesn't and people misunderstood that as lust/love from her side and JH encouraging her.

And to everyone implying that SYA is the better actress compared to JCW, I disagree. JCW's acting is nuanced. It's not blatant like YJ's. Like for example, when JH went to confront Chief Joo when Anna almost died, his chin quivered in rage and emotion when the Chief said it's better to let Anna die than to expose her to the world. When he left the office, he was shaking so much that he had to sit with Master Song and calm down before going back to the infirmary.

When he was driving Anna to the JSS HQ, you can feel and see his fear and desperation. When he hugged Anna tenderly on the roof, you could feel his want to protect her from anymore pain. His eyes speak and so does his body language. That takes skill that only a few have.

4 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Well, this depends on how we perceive things. We can only speculate. First, in my opinion, I do not think JCW was asked to tone it down. His actions were pretty much consistent in dealing with YJ depending on the situation of the scene. I did not see that he is "trying" to look annoyed compared to the first six episodes YJ/JH scenes. I really do not think so. He was basically the same. In my opinion, his acting and expressions vary depending on the situation of the scene and other developments in the drama. Again, this is my opinion as a viewer myself.

With regard to not wanting to do an action drama, I am not so sure about being "bored" by it. But I understand, that maybe he wanted another role to play. Also, action scenes are pretty taxing, especially in K2 much more than healer. I think he mentioned this in some of his interviews on why he does not want to do another action drama. 

Yes it may affect them in one way or another but not to the point that viewers can actually "notice" that his acting is unconvincing or it shows a vibe that he is not feeling his character. He accepted this role, as a professional actor, he cannot just let his acting suffer because of this. But, well, that is just my opinion about this. Maybe he is still "growing" as an actor. Not yet there, not yet top notch.

BUT, A VERY BIIG BUT! Hahahahaha...  I feel like I should have not reacted about this though since in my case, I did not see any "forced" acting on his part. So yahhh... to me, he's already a top notch actor... He's soooooooo natural to me in K2... So yah. :)

10 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Ahh I read it was the other way round - Director kinda blame SYA for being too good and there was not suppose to be loveline.

Lol I know that pd is weird. What is he blaming her for? For being a brilliant actress and making this show watchable? Anyway there's been a misunderstanding in translating and understanding that interview that caused an uproar so better not discuss it too much. And yeah it's partially her fault for being a beautiful woman and excellent actress. I would find her attractive too if I were JCW :P XD

5 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Also @julie721 you know it's laughable but I re-watched the earlier episodes of K2 and noticed that YJ tends to get very close to men and leans forward, very close to their face while talking to them in her bid to intimidate and make them uncomfortable. She did the same to the head of JSS in episode 5. And to everyone implying that SYA is the better actress compared to JCW, I disagree. JCW's acting is nuanced. It's not blatant like YJ's. Like for example, when JH went to confront Chief Joo when Anna almost died, his chin quivered in rage and emotion when the Chief said it's better to let Anna die than to expose her to the world. When he left the office, he was shaking so much that he had to sit with Master Song and calm down before going back to the infirmary.

When he was driving Anna to the JSS HQ, you can feel and see his fear and desperation. When he hugged Anna tenderly on the roof, you could feel his want to protect her from anymore pain. His eyes speak and so does his body language. That takes skill that only a few have.

And rewatch her scenes again when she was with her step-brother. Look at her expressions in her eyes. Same. :) 

OMG! Yes! That part when he is full of rage when he confronted the Chief. Awww my JCW... :)

BTS

CwRB5qpUMAEVoH9.jpg

Spoiler

CwRB4fsVIAAwzD1.jpg

CwRB5OpVIAEFpY4.jpg

CwRB4MbVIAAjRSl.jpg

CR: TheK2 Twitter

still no preview?????? it's Thursday already :blink:

@YourHighness . not every close-up cut scene between a woman and a man shows chemistry, chemistry can be just natural just like in SYA-JCW case it's not something you can create, and it's not because of them being pretty people, beauty and the beast anyone!!!!! I'm talking about the 90s series version

@perfectsmilesbias while I agree with you on many levels but I'm with @ashvaugn on this

Spoiler

I do consider JCW in EK one of his strongest performances, the range of emotions there was so challenging and he excelled himself there, I even thought he did better than HJW, not to demean her role I liked her there she was excellent but he was the top there IMO

As for Healer besides what @ashvaugn mentioned about his acting, his lead partner there PMY did an excellent job, I know her other roles aren't as impressive, I wasn't a fan I just liked her before that, but she really challenged herself with that role which won her the top actress award with only 8 episodes showing

Anyhow SYA now has me as another of her fans

Archived