[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

Guest julie721
36 minutes ago, JaneP said:

Episode 8 felt more like fan service since Korea ships the Jehanna. 

It is fan service Dear.. Episode 7 is indeed meatier in terms of plot, acting etc. Episode 8 is more like a lighter, more fun and releasing some tensions from previous episodes. It might not as heavy as episode 7 but it has its own purpose. Just like food/cooking, adding only one spice won't make it delicious (it's still eatable though..) You don't add only salt to your dishes, but also pepper, (sometimes) sugar and other ingredients. But the OST and flashback sequences did feels like MV.. Just a filler maybe? Running out of stock shots?  Hahahaha.. The disadvantages of live shooting... :sweatingbullets:

57 minutes ago, JaneP said:

I liked how she was not trusting Jeha right away and demanded explanations. Their interactions were cute but also informative concerning Anna. I loved the stare-off between Anna and Yoo-jin, it is clear that Anna is planing something even through the first outing did not go as planned. 

I hope the writer does develop Anna's story arc more. Like finding out her mum's killer is, getting revenge and overcoming her daddy issues. I liked how Jeha pointed out that she needs to stop the self-pity and grow up because her foe is Yoo-jin. 

I love you for saying this... :wub: Yes, love Jeha in this part. Anna really needs to step up her game against YJ. And boy, our guy is really something right? He doesn't lose his better judgement against his personal feeling. He will still protect Anna no matter what, but Anna has to be braver, stronger and stand on her feet herself. No more self-pitiness, in other way, bye bye damsel in distress mode, here comes more Fierrrrrce Anna.. I'm sure now, no matter what YJ will try to scam him later for the sake of his revenge, he will not go down the dark side...

1 hour ago, mimi said:

And why would JH promise the  scumbag father to protect his daughter that  he himself is unwilling to protect

Mimi darling, are we watching the same drama? Or maybe the same drama with different subs? It's okay if you don't feel drawn to Anna character, or any other character when watching drama, but skipping and assuming differently about clear FACT of the story will make the drama did confusing and very misleading. The father did care for his daughter, darling. He puts an act up until now regarding the way he treat his daughter for the sake of her safety. 

~~~~

Who's excited here for upcoming battle of YJ vs Anna? Like YJ said in the car to her one-and-only #1 admirer Sec. Kim, Anna holds a knife now.. She can't  just order someone to kill her, people know who's she is and YJ is her GUARDIAN.. Wooooohooo.. Jeha-ssi your plan works. Although like Jeha said in rooftop, the minutes Anna's no longer public attention, YJ will definitely kill her. It's up to Anna now how she will maintain public attention for the sake of her life.. And that means she has to overcome her phobia to flashlight sooner than later. Would that flamboyant Jean Paul tralalalala appear later??? Lol

I become more and more suspecting Sec. Kim has something to do with the death of Anna's mother. First, Anna thought it was YJ who's there that night --> indicates from her memory that person's female, second, she suggested to kill Anna several times to YJ --> eliminating the witness perhaps? And third, she's the one always uses flashlight to silent Anna --> Anna's trauma/phobia toward flashlight was started from the killer's action to her that night...

last before I go to my Sunday Date with my real life guys, shout out to my dongsaeng @nona88 

200_s.gif

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed a few errors in the DF subs like when YJ says she wants to talk to JH alone, she uses the term "chingu" (friend). DF subs say "talk to HIM privately". 

Also found it strange that YJ just calmly talks about killing Anna later if she needs to...right in front of cook/housekeeper and Mi-Ran. :blink: So I guess it's not a secret to anyone how much she hates Anna and wants her dead? Wow, just wow. 

@perfectsmilebias - Excellent write up! I don't think YJ has had any hallucinations (either auditory or visual) though, has she? And she functions quite normally, nothing is disabling her. If so, they haven't shown us that, we've only heard her Assistant talk about mental issues. I've actually thought for a long time that she has histrionic personality disorder but nothing factual to base that on. I've said she's a sociopath because she seems to fit the description but psychopath seems to fit even more. I don't know because we've seen her being nervous (biting her nails, etc) and fits of rage but we've also seen her incredible calm, charming self when she has the upper hand and is manipulating someone. I find her more organized and meticulous than scattered or spontaneous. On the other hand, I can't say that anyone trusts YJ? It's more like everyone is terrified of her. 

• A disregard for laws and social mores
  • A disregard for the rights of others
  • A failure to feel remorse or guilt
  • A tendency to display violent behavior

Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage.  Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people’s trust. Unlike their sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous.

@tessieroo DF has long been a sore point for me.  They take shortcuts in their translation of Korean dramas, choosing to get the gist across instead of the actual words so we miss out on important subtexts in the conversations.  Like YJ's use of the word "friend" which refers back to their conversation in Cloud 9.

I stopped paying for their service out of disgust.

30350103955_b71085562c_z_d.jpg

Just completed most of episode 8 -- but stopped at this point to make a post in this forum because Song Yoon A continues to bring to her portrayal of CYJ a chill that could freeze oceans.

CYJ -- Wow!!!!  could she be any colder -- 

For a superhero to exist - a super villain must also exist

Guest julie721

@tessieroo and those who wants to see other alternative than DF, can try VIU.. I watch these two versions, and I find VIU subs slightly better than DF.. The best is still Viki IMO, but they still doesn't have the K2. But I don't know whether VIU available outside Asia region though. They're still new and based in HK.

@perfectsmilebias wah, before I can't differentiate sociopath, psychopath, or other mental illness. Very complicated for my brain to digest. but I always know there's something wrong with her. I don't know why her family, husband, or sec. Kim don't try to seek treatment for her. Or they did?!

19 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I love every scenes where these two in… ommooooo…. Otteokhaeee…. Hahaa

JCW and Yoona have this sizzling look in their eyes, even without words spell, it already speaks the volumes…

@stargazer187 they are both adorable.. Event dispatch already ships this pairing. The last time I saw them being obsessed with OTP was song-song couple.. Dispatch loves to cheer up for equally and visually beautiful pair I think. Lol.. How can you not cheer for JehAnna, the way he look at her, care for her.. Damn that boy.. And Anna so totally adorbs when with him. Cute.. Ah these puppies.. JCW and YoonA do great here, I'm totally sold for JehAnna!!

4 hours ago, nona88 said:

Eonni you killing me here 

laughing-smiley-face-gif-24gn1q0wi1.gif  

but i like and agree with your post and  all of it , that was something i wanted to say- but i am  glad you did that before me with   better and remarkable way:thumbsup: , i like what you write and even when i am with JH and ANNA ship from the start i never said anything about other thoughts and i liked to read every one shipping and posts with understanding and respect as everyone here do ,

so it okay to like one character more then other or to not like one at all , but we have to respect that there people who like this and most important is to admit the actors good acting and that they working hard and as you said my dear Eonni  they really did a good job  casting them cause every person in this drama doing great job that i cant stop liking them more and more and cant imaging someone also doing their roles since they lift their own print in their characters ( as i said i love the SONG YOONA so much and as much i hate YJ but i have admit before many time that when she on the same scenes with JH their fire and spark we cant stop , even when i am not with them having romance feeling  and i said before that i didnt like YOONA acting before but she win me here as ANNA , i just love her ANNA SO MUCH  )

and finally have fun watching it with sub dear it more then amazing ep:wink:

me too.. I don't like YooNa before.. but she win me over as Anna here.. so I love her more now.. could be her fans as well now..

and @julie721 I agree about all you write.. really fascinating and make sense.. and your suggested for who those that didn't like here and there so agreeable.. hope they can except it..^_^

and guys.. anybody knows where can I watch on VIU? or there is soft sub from VIU? PM me please for the link?

chaebal.. dying to watch with VIU sub.. DF really did bad sub for K2 drama.. so many lines disappeared and did't match with the convo.. cuz I I understand what they have talk lil bit.. here I am a k-drama fans for 15 years hahahahaha..

So evil queen provided the information about JH to a. Park in order to get revenge on him and to be sure that he won't have time to protect Anna. I hope we'll have at least as much OTP moments in the following episodes as we had in ep 8 though... but I hope more!!! :-)

5 hours ago, JaneP said:

I finished watching both episodes with subs and here is what I think:

Personally, I liked episode 7 more than 8 because there was more plot development. Episode 8 felt more like fan service since Korea ships the Jehanna. I thought the MV-like sequence of Jeha remembering his moments with Anna a bit too long. 

What I loved about episode 7 was the emotional punch: everyone became vulnerable. Jang Se-joon seems to be fully aware of his shortcomings and greed, something I found interesting. His reunion with Anna was partly sincere and partly acted out to protect her from Yoo-jin. But then again, even through he could end it all, he is too greedy to become president. 

I feel like they are trying to paint Yoo-jin as the mental evil now. I liked her more when she was a bit more layered. But now, maniac laughs, implementing in Anna's head that she (AN) killed her mum and then ordering to kill Anna. She is still aware that Jeha is dangerous and properly fears him a bit. If he turns completely against her, she lost her trump card. However, more interesting is her confession that "Anna has the knife now."  What Jeha said is not wrong: as long as people interested in her she is save but if she that days down Yoo-jin will be there. There are so many fronts she has to fight now: Anna, Jeha and her husband's enemies. 

I'm glad the subs were out early because Anna made a lot more sense with subs. She was put through the emotional wringer in episode 7 with Yoo-jin implementing guilt in her head regarding her mother's death and becoming disillusioned with her father. The aftermath were seen in episode 8. I liked how she was not trusting Jeha right away and demanded explanations. Their interactions were cute but also informative concerning Anna. I loved the stare-off between Anna and Yoo-jin, it is clear that Anna is planing something even through the first outing did not go as planned. 

I hope the writer does develop Anna's story arc more. Like finding out her mum's killer is, getting revenge and overcoming her daddy issues. I liked how Jeha pointed out that she needs to stop the self-pity and grow up because her foe is Yoo-jin. 

@JaneP  I loved reading you comment. I always said if Anna face the public the tables will yurn on Yj and so it has now all she has to do is keep doing whatever to keep them interesteds in her, Yj can't kill her now nor can Anna out who her real father is without ruining him comp-letely fjor the presidency I do understand why Jsj hasn't given up if he did it would be a waste of his efforts and could get Anna killed at any moment.. Yj dads mistress is planning something I hope they don't try and kill her under the pretense YJ did it if she's kidnap it would be to run a confirm DNA test that she's indeed Jsj child.. But one thing got me today Anna is a grown woman why is she claiming they have guardianship over her she'sa not sick or need surgery..

Another thing I found interesting the conversation between YJ and hert Asst it seems she wants JH far away she told YJ not to trust him as if she wanted her to kill him right then but she still clueless because she didn't see that Anna and JH has the upper hands and YJ is tied behind her back so I'm looking forward to her doing something without YJ consent and mess everything up that she can't clean it up all she can do is watch things spiral out of control.. YJ defense JSS workers are no match for JH I wounder who wil they bring in to take him down until he bounce back up on them..

Yj and JH comversation took on a interesting meaning YJ tried to sppeal to JH through his dead girlfriend and his revenge to take her side did she really think he was loyal to her.. This lady plays any card to get what she wants and has no shame in doing so and once she's finish with you she will kill you and JH knows this much so not only his life he has to get back but Annas to they sort of in the same boat.. Now Congressman Park will be comming after him since JH can put him in the time and place and his contact person when things went wrong with his deal sdelling illegal firearms JH alone is a big threat to Congressman Park trying to become president.. 

rapunzel-dreamy-gif,medium_large.1456851

That rooftop scene! It wasn't romantic but it had a punch. We got to see them become closer and some of Anna's inner thoughts. It seems like Jeha might be the one to start of Anna's revenge? He was quick to react and estimate YJ's reaction against Anna's exposure and clearly from this episode, he knows how to play the enemy game. I like the fact that Jeha is giving Anna advice on how to deal with YJ and tell her straight up she needs to grow up. While the writers have shown us Anna is smart and capable of taking of herself, at this point of the plot, it seems like a leap for her to plan out and be able to execute a revenge by the end of ep. 16. I find it more believable if he or they both planned it out.  Can't believe he pretended to crawl away like nothing happened. Who could ignore that much noise? And then pretend not to be hurt haha Jeha you're too cute. lol First he yells at her that it's dangerous then when she tells him to sit he says it's not dangerous? Oh boy, Jeha are you so overwhelmed by her presence your logic has gone out the window?

On a sidenote, I am both surprised and happy that the lady caretaker seems to really care for Anna's well being.

I am curious as to how YJ explains why she is taking care of Go Anna when she's neither related to the actress or the director. And who will be the one to reveal Anna's true identity. It seems that YJ's step mom knew Anna's true identity, but hey if instructor Song knows Anna's identity shouldn't her family?

And YJ taking a jab at JH with Ninaya (is that how you spell her name) I wonder if she's doing it more for the sake of being able to control someone close to Anna or for more personal reasons or maybe both. Either way, I definitely could see her using Anna as a way for Jeha to do something for her.

Guest julie721

@eva23 tell you what darling, even I (her-crazy-fans, before I have my son, I even dragged my hubby to neighbor countries just to see her+her group performances.. Yeah I'm crazy fangirl, I can relate so much with Shi-Won from Reply 97.. Hahaha) DIDN'T LIKE her acting in previous dramas. Hahahahaha. She suprises me too in K2. 

1 hour ago, anyeze said:

So evil queen provided the information about JH to a. Park in order to get revenge on him and to be sure that he won't have time to protect Anna. I hope we'll have at least as much OTP moments in the following episodes as we had in ep 8 though... but I hope more!!! :-)

49 minutes ago, valsava said:

thing I found interesting the conversation between YJ and hert Asst it seems she wants JH far away she told YJ not to trust him as if she wanted her to kill him right then but she still clueless because she didn't see that Anna and JH has the upper hands and YJ is tied behind her back so I'm looking forward to her doing something without YJ consent and mess everything up that she can't clean it up all she can do is watch things spiral out of control.. YJ defense JSS workers are no match for JH I wounder who wil they bring in to take him down until he bounce back up on them..

Yj and JH comversation took on a interesting meaning YJ tried to sppeal to JH through his dead girlfriend and his revenge to take her side did she really think he was loyal to her.. This lady plays any card to get what she wants and has no shame in doing so and once she's finish with you she will kill you and JH knows this much so not only his life he has to get back but Annas to they sort of in the same boat.. Now Congressman Park will be comming after him since JH can put him in the time and place and his contact person when things went wrong with his deal sdelling illegal firearms JH alone is a big threat to Congressman Park trying to become president.. 

@anyeze @valsava

Yeaaaah.. Everyone is "tricky tricky" here... The plot's thickened and everyone has to put poker face while playing the games. People worried about Jeha has to handle Park Ahjussi while still protect Anna, and still has to handle YJ. But Anna is clever one herself. She is like an Ace, unpredictable factor. Even YJ knows her power now, she's not easy to be eliminated as before, when she's unknown. I hope while JH busy to settle Park, Anna can battle YJ strategically, with JH's help and instructions of course. JehAnna slowly draws supporters toward their side now, slowly building "their army" under their opponents nose. The handsome and most charming Master Song, JSS Chief also slightly lean toward them now.. And who else? I can't remember... Now Anna knows that she's apparently YJ biggest weakness. If she plays her card right, anything can happen. This is exactly getting interesting for me... Hahaha We'll see..

Edit:

5E52130F-58DE-4CA6-BE60-2BF73C824FD9_zps

I'm sorry Jeha and Anna, you two look more like old married couple having a fight here...  :P

5 hours ago, perfectsmilebias said:

Hey guys! I haven't seen the last two episodes yet, I will soon. But I have been lurking the thread (and spoiling myself lol), and I wanted to address something.

A lot of people on this thread have theorized that YooJin might be a Psychopath, many have theorized that her mental illness/mental health issues mentioned in the beginning of the drama point to Psychopathy.

Though, YooJin could very well be a psychopath, I doubt it though. It is very not likely that the mental illness her Secretary referenced in the beginning is Psychopathy. It is more likely Psychosis or Schizophrenia. Psychosis and Psychopathy are not the same things, they are very different.

All we know of YooJin's mental illness is that she is able to treat/control it, her mental illness can be triggered through stress (aka Anna being in Korea), and that she possibly hears voices (hallucinations). 

I'm quoting some definitions of the two mental illnesses that I think YooJin most likely has.

Thus, the psychotic mind is literally a mind that has stopped functioning normally. Persons in the throes of psychosis have lost the capacity to think and behave rationally, and this usually results in greatly impaired contact with reality. The most typical manifestations of psychosis are bizarre and false beliefs (otherwise known as delusions), and unusual or false perceptions (perceptions that occur in the absence of genuine external stimuli, and otherwise known as hallucinations). By far, auditory hallucinations (i.e., “hearing voices”) are the most frequently occurring...

Schizophrenia is a severe mental disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking and behavior that impairs daily functioning, and can be disabling. Schizophrenia is a chronic condition, requiring lifelong treatmentSymptoms of schizophrenia usually start between ages 16 and 30. In rare cases, children have schizophrenia too.

I personally theorize that YooJin has Schizophrenia. Doctors really don't know why certain people develop Schizophrenia which is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain; some point to genes, but some people develop the disease even if no one in their family has it. I've read a little on the disease and it really does seem very sad; most people get it during their puberty or young adult years, it is a permanent disease that can be disabling. Schizophrenia has no cure, it can only be treated with drugs, but people can have relapses. 

Many media representations connect Schizophrenia and Psychosis with Psychopathy. There is no scientific link between these conditions. This portrayal of the Schizophrenia and Psychosis in many TV shows (especially crime shows) and movies does not only seek to glamorize mental illness but it is a extremely harmful stereotype.

The K2 writers are really going on a roll with these harmful stereotypes aren't they!?... Jeez...

I know you didn't mean any harm or disrespect with this comment, but you should try to be more careful with the language you use. Many people could misunderstand you and be hurt by your words.

Many people suffer from mental illness and mental health issues; these people need understanding, empathy, and treatment... they don't need to be locked up. That sort of thinking is very old-fashioned and has continued to cause a stigma against those who suffer from mental health issues.

If YooJin were to be locked up it would be because of the crimes she has committed with her sane mind not because of her mental health issues.

My Bad I'll Choose My Words More Carefully, My Apology Of If I Offended Anyone 

ottoke....JH will be targeted next...Chief Jo please protect him..although i know he can can protect himself..

i really like how Chief Jo said Anna is in JH hands now..meaning not only JH want her alive but also his father and others..the ost and even the action songs totally daebak!!make my heartbeat faster everytime i heard it!!

15 minutes ago, julie721 said:

Yeaaaah.. Everyone is "tricky tricky" here... The plot's thickened and everyone has to put poker face while playing the games. People worried about Jeha has to handle Park Ahjussi while still protect Anna, and still has to handle YJ. But Anna is clever one herself. She is like an Ace, unpredictable factor. Even YJ knows her power now, she's not easy to be eliminated as before, when she's unknown. I hope while JH busy to settle Park, Anna can battle YJ strategically, with JH's help and instructions of course. JehAnna slowly draws supporters toward their side now, slowly building "their army" under their opponents nose. The handsome and most charming Master Song, JSS Chief also slightly lean toward them now.. And who else? I can't remember... Now Anna knows that she's apparently YJ biggest weakness. If she plays her card right, anything can happen. This is exactly getting interesting for me... Hahaha We'll see..

@julie721 This episode took on a whole new meaning and the plot did thicken, I'm waiting for Anna to touch that one true nerve to get YJ out of control while she takes over the upperhand on her.. This is why I see YJ joining Congressman Park she's going to want both dead and this will be another turn of events in this drama.. I think it will be social media that keeps them alive at this point..   

i remember when JH storms into Chief Joo’s office demanding to know who exactly called off the ambulance. CJ said that he usually thinks about the other first like family in the orchid..but now his thought only for AN safety i guess...luv JH-AN..hope we can have happy ending..TheK207-00073.jpg

Warning: less than positive review 

Okay, just finished the last two episodes. The next two episodes better be way better plot-wise, because boy did the plot drag.
Anyways, for a while I have had this suspicion and i think these episodes have solidified my belief.

The K2 has disguised itself as a complex drama to make it appear the writer has put more thought into the script than he actually has.

The K2 is going to be a very straightforward drama complete with black & white morality, flat/shallow characters, an uninspired us against the universe love story, sprinkled with evil cackles, blatant Catholic righteousness, harmful stereotypes against marginalized people, and just enough vagueness for audiences to keep watching, hoping the many questions the drama inspires will be answered.

But no, this by-the-books drama will not answer most of the questions nor give insight into most of the mysteries, but in the end it won't matter because the bad guys will be "rightfully" dead and OTP will be together.

As of now, I'm only hanging on for my love of the actors, particularly Song Yoona (who has won me over despite the fact that I'm pretty sure her talent will be wasted in this drama) and Ji Chang Wook, who really needs to be shirtless more often so that I can be distracted by this drama's flaws and basicness.

Archived