2016, the end of girlgroups?

CamelKnight

It seems to me that many girlgroups are calling it quits, or at least some members do. Just this morning 9MUSES lost 2 members, Miss A lost one a little while ago, 2NE1, (f)X, KARA quit entirely... Did I forget any? I can't seem to keep track anymore.

2016 seems to be a bad year for girlgroups all together. And for some odd reason I doubt we've seen the end of it. I've got this nagging feeling a few more groups will either lose a member or announce their retirement.

Is it just me or is 2016 going to go down in history as the end of an era for many K-Pop groups?

And now... 4MINUTE. Is this really the end of an era? Has the world come to an end? Are aliens invading?

And who's next? Girls Generation? Apink? We're losing them left and right :( 

Eventhough I expected another group to fall soon, I wouldn't have though it to be this quick, or it to be 4MINUTE. I'm in shock :o 

• 4 months later...

yeah its weird it all happened roughly the same time but there has been new and up and coming  groups aswell its just the circle of life :P

its all down to what the person wants in their career or maybe even a slightly lighter schedule as very popular groups would have loads of activities and people can get burned out

:)

Sure, new groups pop up all the time. Some even have some decent talent :) 

Unfortunately it seems yet another group has left their agency. Rumor goes BEAST has ended their contracts with Cube Entertainment. Seems like Cube is bleeding dry. BEAST might continue with a newly/new to be formed agency, but it will take some time before they're back and the question remains if they're able to keep the name as company's often are owner of a group's name.

Archived