[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Hello... Worldies.. New here.. 

A little sad about the ratings but as HHJ states in the interview..a good drama is more important.. So lets hope for the best..im loving it right now so i feel it will go up more..hwaiting.. LJS and HHY..were both perfect for the part so lets just enjoy the ride everybody..as long as we get to see more of their chemistry unfolding..

• Like 8

*blows dust off of account* Soooo, this sure is shaping up to be epic :O! Epic enough to make me check out my soompi account again haha. 

My impressions/speculations so far: Awesome set up, both worlds feel really distinct and there are enough characters in both that I don't yet prefer one over the other, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind spending more time with KC since he is still very much a cypher.

OYJ is interesting, she's clearly smart enough to figure out the rules of the manwha-world, and I love that she doesn't let her Dad gaslight her into believing the W world isn't real or that something weird isn't happening, but she is still a bit deer-in-headlights a lot. Albeit understandably so, but I hope we quickly move on to the teamup between them, because that should be pretty amazing. 

Dad is such an interesting character, an author who is desperately trying to kill his own character, but keeps getting thwarted by his own daughter and eventually his own main character. I don't think Dad is the main villain, because that would make for a boring villain from what we've seen of him. Looks like something is up and Dad is in way over his head and trying desperately to get control back of his creation. 

Or is KC really his creation? I really want to know what the deal is, and especially what happens now that KC is becoming aware there's an ~outside force. Is a character even fictional if he's aware of that fact? 

Ah, so many questions, I really hope they get answered or at least adressed. 

• Like 6

YAHH!!! WE INCREASED!!! WE ARE ALMOST AT THE DOUBLE DIGIT MARK!!! WOOT WOOT...........

THIS MEANS AS A "W" FAN THE MORE PEOPLE GIVE IT A CHANCE THE MORE PPL WILL BE HOOKED BECAUSE WELL HOW CAN ANYONE BE NOT HOOKED RIGHT? 

DONT WORRY EVERYONE AGB: 9.5% IS DEFINITETLY SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT, ITS ONLY UP FROM HERE! 

Nielsen AGB Korea: 

W-Two Worlds - National - 12th: 9.5%

Uncontrollably Fond, National - 7th - : 11.1%

Wanted: Out of top 20

W-Two Worlds -  Seoul - 10th: 10.7%

Uncontrollably Fond:, Seoul - 6th: 11.5%

Wanted: Out of top 20

Also TNMS Ratings are:

W-Two Worlds - National - 9th: 10.1%

Uncontrollably Fond - National - 10th: 10.0%

W-Two Worlds -  Seoul - 5th: 11.5%

Uncontrollably Fond - Seoul - 9th - 10.9%

• Like 14

1 minute ago, lovely_skham_stv said:

YAHH!!! WE INCREASED!!! WE ARE ALMOST AT THE DOUBLE DIGIT MARK!!! WOOT WOOT...........

THIS MEANS AS A "W" FAN IS THE MORE PEOPLE GIVE IT A CHANCE THE MORE PPL WILL BE HOOKED BECAUSE WELL HOW CAN ANYONE BE NOT HOOKED RIGHT? 

DONT WORRY EVERYONE AGB: 9.5% IS DEFINITETLY SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT, ITS ONLY UP FROM HERE! 

ALSO TNMS RATINGS ARE:

W-TWO WORLDS - national - 9th: 10.1%

Uncontrollably Fond - national - 10th: 10.0%

W-TWO WORLDS -  Seoul - 5th: 11.5%

Uncontrollably Fond - Seoul - 9th - 10.9%

Accordingly to TNMS, W crossed UF.  But According to AGB, W still trails UF.  And increased its rating.  So, it is all good news.  

AGB - from 8.6 to 9.5 is a reasonably good jump when there is strong competition.

I can not imagine the numbers going down actually.   

• Like 9

Just now, skyangellove said:

How do we vote so that the ratings go up?

i dont live in korea..

Ratings are not controlled by voting sadly. tNMS and AGB monitor a certain amount of households and get ratings from that. 

• Like 5

I think the deer in the headlights, fishlips look is a nod to the typical Kdrama kisses lol. Or at least I like to think it is.

I'm really curious about the next episode though. I agree with the user (sorry I forgot who it was...) that said OYJ saying "I love you" was meant to be another cliffhanger closer for her to go back to her world. Wonder what makes her fainted in the first place lol. And then the whole deal with the gun... Both Kang Chul and Yeon Joo are seen pointing the gun at one another in the long preview... Another ploy of Yeon Joo's to go back to her world? Also curious about what the scriptwriter is going to do with Yoon So Hul, the assistant, since she's supposed to be the heroine of the webtoon itself.

Ahhh... have to wait until Wednesday for the next episode TT-TT

• Like 7

Edit: I just found W's recap on dramabeans and had to share it!! :w00t:

DRAMA RECAPS
W–Two Worlds: Episode 1
by girlfriday | July 20, 2016 | 202 Comments

w01-01135a.jpg

@sakura2016 please do not post the whole content of DB's recap (see the websites FAQ) - moderator

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/w-two-worlds-episode-1/

I didn't read it yet but had to share it the second I saw it!! :w00t:

THE EPISODE WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES IS OUT!!! OFF TO WATCH IT!! :w00t:

see you soon!! :D 

• Like 6

i love today episode there so many grat scene for KC/YJ.

i love the store scene so much. seeing YJ trying anything to get to her own world was so fun to watching. that scene of her trying slaping/kissing KC. just to see if it work was so great.

i really wonder why YJ dad is so bent on killing KC char off? even calling him monster.

that last scene was great. to see YJ dad try to kill KC off. only for KC get off stretch free. also the look TJ dad give off when KC car disapper from the scene was just great.

i will be following this drama. the two lead is great at what they do.

great to see the rating jump to almost 1%. i hope the rating will just keep increase. this drama is really fun to watch.

• Like 7

I haven't watch ep 2 yet but i do want to leave some compliments about the show:

The writing is refreshing, engaging, fast-paced, and sharp.

The directing and cinematography are done and shot beautifully. 

The acting from both leads are on point. 

And the best part is the transition from comic drawing style to the real world. I love the drawings and the transition of it. I think it ties really well and it doesn't add any confusion. 

So, when you have everything done correctly and well, you get a very impressive and solid episode. 

• Like 7

Ep 2 is good, with some funny and unexpected moments. So.... she can be dragged to the webtoon world without having to be near the screen? Is it her will to save kangcheol that drag her there? I guess we'll know more about how she can enter the webtoon world on next ep. Btw, it's funny when she thinks about how to end the webtoon and the impactful one on her mind is slap and kiss :lol:

I am embarassed for all the things happened to her on the webtoon world, knowing that it would come up in the webtoon later for real world to read. I'm curious as to what would be written and what wouldn't? Will all of their convo written there? So now kangcheol can avoid being killed? Why that time stop happen? Gah I'm obsessed.

I still want the comic book btw, the one in yeonjoo's bed in early mins of ep 2. It looks tempting...

• Like 5

Doesnt anybody think that Lee Taehwan is also from real world, I mean Yeondo, Kangchul's friend. As the way he reacted when Hyeonju said just the same words which Kangchul had said to say she is not beautiful was really unusual. As if he knew it too as he had reat it too and he realized that she is also a stanger. I mean no, no this cant be hhh I just remembered Hyonju's dad drawing him ,this cant be.

Iam really confused. But the thing I am sure is that Kangchul knows that somebody conttols his life and I think the last woerds which appeared on Hyonju's dad screen were the words Kangchul said in his mind looking to the skay.There was written " How are you ?hell."

• Like 5

Haven't watched ep. 2 with subs yet, but I'm about to! Hehe. Probably one of the best ways to start off a day is to start by watching a great drama, no? ^^ 

I'm glad to hear the ratings increased! As long as people keep speaking positively about the drama, we can do our part by doing our own word of mouth promotions, haha. Spread the word! Shout it from the rooftops? XD 

• Like 3

Thrilling Long 7-minute Preview for W: Two Worlds Heightens Expectations on Eve of Premiere

Posted on July 20, 2016 by ockoala
meieo.jpg

Tonight is the first episode airing of W: Two Worlds on MBC, the highly anticipated sci-fi/fantasy action and romance drama with Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo. The two leads were adorable at the press conference, evidencing cute chemistry and giving off comfortable vibes with each other. They are the universe-crossed lovers within the story, with Han Hyo Joo’s doctor in the real world crossing paths with Lee Jong Seok’s manhwa character bajillionaire sharpshooter. In the long 7-minute preview, there is sooooo much exciting narrative goodness to soak up and all of it is right up my alley. I’m still enjoying both Wed-Thurs dramas inUncontrollably Fond and Wanted but am totally making room to add a third drama to my watch list.

meio.jpg

mweu.jpg

meuwd.jpg

meios.jpg

• Like 5

Guest twingals

Just watched first 2 episodes....how interesting that the female character started to hiccup! I bet it was an homage to LJS and Pinocchio ;) I liked the concept, the acting of both leads....LJS is really a good actor, he is W! It's just like Signal, it captivated me in the first minutes.

Woaah a lot of new faces here in our thread welcome everyone :D with all the positive feedbacks the drama is getting and the interest from the audieances i'm sure it'll be one of it's own .. it's a deaback ... i can imagine right now how many awards it'll get .. hopefully :D  :D 

i just finished watching the second episode and just like the first it took may breath away .. but unlike the first this one had a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE.. wanna know what it is ??? IT'S THE FACT THAT THERE'S NO OTHER EPISODE AFTER IT UNLESS IN A RICHARD SIMMONS WEEK !!!!!!!!! Seriouslyyyyy someone tell me how am i gonna wait an entire week ??? No seriously why did they have to release such a preview they're so mean !!! Okay i got it they want to attract more viewers but what about the ones who are already attracted and to the bones ???????? AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! 

okay i need to calm down !! Huh 

thank you W for existing ... thank you my dear -SUPER GENIOUS WITH THE WILDEST IMAGINATION AND NON-REACHABLE-LEVEL OF CREATIVITY - writer .... thank you for who ever gave the script to LJS and HHJ i can't praise their acting enough it's overwhelming ... thank you my dear director for the best show everrrrrr !!!!!! 

i no longer care about the ratings .. one digits or two digits i really don't care anymore because as one of you said it's really bizarre and i'm starting to doubt them !!!! W is trending on naver/ daum/twitter .. it's prised by so many people .. it's videos are all over the top 10 and top 100 .. i even noticed that even the older videos such as the long preview of the press conf and their sectiontv interview were aded on the list ... W channel had over 3 thousands subscriber on naver but in one day it has 5 thousands .... let's not forget the real time rating .. i mean we all saw the chart .. W was on top on other dramas were down below not even close .. how can the ratings be so ... WRONG ??? I really really don't understand !!!!! 

• Like 8

Uncontrollably Fond Takes the Lead Over W: Two Worlds in Wed-Thurs Drama Ratings

Posted on July 20, 2016 by ockoala

nhds.jpg

The ratings have shaken out for the current Wed-Thurs prime time drama slate and it’s a continuing win for KBS and Uncontrollably Fond. The first episode premiere of W: Two Worlds settled into a comfortable middle spot – UF took the lead with its episode 5 garnering an increase to 12.9% AGB nationwide and 14% AGB Seoul, while W’s first episode started off with respectable single digit ratings of 8.6% nationwide and 10.4% Seoul, and the biggest net loss came from SBS‘s Wanted dropped multiple percentage points to land at 5.4% nationwide. Congrats to UF for holding onto the lead even if it’s not increasing at greater percentages, at least it’s not a fail for a Lee Kyung Hee penned drama, and if it’s a two dog race between UF and W going forward I’m in for a treat because I love both dramas equally.

nbch.jpg

The first episode of W was exciting and hit all the right notes for me, whereas UF is digging into makjang but all the elements align nicely to make me hurt for both lead characters and their unfortunate travails.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/07/20/uncontrollably-fond-takes-the-lead-over-w-two-worlds-in-wed-thurs-drama-ratings/
  • Like 3

Take a look at @StyleH_'s Tweet:

Sorry guys i know this post highlights the drama doctors but it's not off topic trust me ... just check out on the left top dramas #1 place for W and on the right top drama's character #1 W's kang cheol and #2 W's oh yeon joo and #9 W's oh sung moo :D  

• Like 3