[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest sushixlovesu

hmm ionno if i broke my ipod or whether its because the device itself is messed up. But whenever I put my ipod on repeat of a song, it freezes after a while. Even tho on the ipod it says that the song is still playing... but it actually froze. This doesnt happen when my ipod isnt on repeat tho. i tried upgrading the itunes software in hopes of getting it fixed. but its still messed up. Does anyone know why this is happening? =x

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skater1228

so i have a question...

basically i just bought a new laptop and when i started to use itunes...it said that it was going to delete all of the songs/videos on my ipod. me, being the retard that i am, deleted all of the songs from my last computer. so i was wondering if there was a way i could just keep my ipod the way it is, and not have to re-download all 1800+ of my music. thank you so much!!!!

Guest mika.16

Hey, I want to buy an Ipod Touch, but dont want to pay for more than I need.

Will the 8gb suffice my needs?

(i'll prob have 1500ish songs, maybe several videos, and will probably download some games... not many. Does 8gb seem enough for me?)

Thanks if anyone can help...! I'm a techno-noob...

Guest abcdellie

so i have a question...

basically i just bought a new laptop and when i started to use itunes...it said that it was going to delete all of the songs/videos on my ipod. me, being the retard that i am, deleted all of the songs from my last computer. so i was wondering if there was a way i could just keep my ipod the way it is, and not have to re-download all 1800+ of my music. thank you so much!!!!

Oh boy that happened to me too. I had to delete ALLLL my songs off my ipod TWICE before finally figuring out what to do

I found this on a site and i saved it:

1. Insert your iPod to a Windows PC USB or FireWire port. (PC should runs Windows XP or other Windows operating system).

2. If your Windows PC still doesn’t have iTunes installed, skip this step. If iTunes is already installed and prompt a message on whether if you’d like to associate this iPod with this computer and deleting its content, click No. Or else you will lose your only copy of library on iTunes. Beside, ensure that ‘Enable Disk Use’ is selected.

3. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer, the iPod should be automatically detected as a portable hard drive.

4. Click on the iPod icon or the iPod portable hard drive letter to open the contents of the drive.

5. If you don’t see a folder called “iPod Control”, it’s hidden and invisible. To unhidden it so that it’s visible, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View, and then check (enable) the option “Show hidden files and folders.”

6. Open the “iPod Control” folder, and then the Music folder.

7. The Music folder contains the iPod’s music and videos, divided into folders. Copy the library to local computer hard drive’s My Music folder.

8. The files copied have unintelligible four-letter file names. To reveal the names of the songs and other data tags, add the files to the Windows Media Player or iTunes libraries or switch to “Tiles” view in Windows Explorer.

9. Rename the file if necessary.

It seems a little hard, but it really isn't. It's just a little time consuming :sweatingbullets:

And you don't have to rename all the files all over again, you just have to go through the whole right click on the song -> get info and the old song title should be there.

Anyway, i came here because i had a question lol. I put the names of the songs and artists in my iTunes in Korean, and I like to sort them by Artist, lol.

When i click on "Artist", it should put all the Artists into alphabetical order, even if it's in Korean, but see here:

2ex56dv.jpg

^ That's the top

11h53pg.jpg

^ And this is alllllllllll the way at the bottom

notice the numbers.

I've been looking over the name to see if I put the characters in the wrong places, but it's EXACTLY THE SAME as the "wonder girls" songs at the bottom. WEIRD O___O and annoying because I have OCD like that LOL.

So does anyone know how to fix this?

Hey, I want to buy an Ipod Touch, but dont want to pay for more than I need.

Will the 8gb suffice my needs?

(i'll prob have 1500ish songs, maybe several videos, and will probably download some games... not many. Does 8gb seem enough for me?)

Thanks if anyone can help...! I'm a techno-noob...

8gb holds up to 1750 songs, 10000 photos, 10 hours of video

I hope this helps.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

so i have a question...

You can disable Auto-Sync on iTunes. Make sure you do it BEFORE connecting the ipod

I'm assuming no, because I haven't heard about it yet... but here's a long shot:

Can the ipod touch second generation be jailbroken yet?

Guest Poetic Prophet

QUESTION:

I just bought an itouch a few days ago so this may sound kind of "noob".

When I purchase songs from itunes on my itouch and later connect to my macbook those songs disappear. They aren't anywhere in my harddrive or itouch.

Is it some kind of glitch?

ok, i had the same thing happen to me. first off you're out of luck. Believe me i was heart broken too. I called the help line on the main page and was told to do things i didnt need to do. Like uninstall itunes, re install it. But the simplest thing i got was that you have one "get out of jail free card". Meaning that you have only one shot to get everything youve lost for free, per ipod. So your'e best bet is to call that number ask them to replace the songs you bought from your touch or anything you've bought from it. The should be able to do it.

that same guy who told me about this also told me to before it starts synching as soon as you connect your touch open itunes, click on file and select "transfer purches from _____" that way it copies itself to your laptop.

Peace!

You can disable Auto-Sync on iTunes. Make sure you do it BEFORE connecting the ipod

I'm assuming no, because I haven't heard about it yet... but here's a long shot:

Can the ipod touch second generation be jailbroken yet?

No the second generation can't be jailbroken yet, the only person who is working on it and has been giving status and seems totally legit about it is chronic dev. So don't believe non of those fake youtube videos that say that it can because its all fake.

Guest Unanimous

i recently go an ipod nano (4th generation) and i noticed there is no "Recently added" category where all the songs I recently added are display. is it just me or is it really not there anymore?

thanks

I tried to use this tutorial: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html to put a movie file on my ipod. When I get to the third step and I open the file on QuickTime, it doesn't actually play... It's just a blank white screen and I can't select "Export" on the file menu, either. Can someone help me?

Also, is this the only way to take my .avi movies from my computer and put them on my ipod?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how do you delete songs on your ipod touch??

Im such a newbie

thanks!!

When you sync your itouch to itunes, a new menu pops up on the left saying itouch (or whatever you named your itouch). Below it should be music, movies, tv shows, etc. Go to music, and then right-click on the song, and in the popup menu from the right click, it should say delete, press delete and tada, the songs are off your itouch lol.

QUESTION:

I just bought an itouch a few days ago so this may sound kind of "noob".

When I purchase songs from itunes on my itouch and later connect to my macbook those songs disappear. They aren't anywhere in my harddrive or itouch.

Is it some kind of glitch?

This may be a bit of a hassle (depending how many songs you have on your touch already) but try to put the itouch in manual mode. Basically, if you're in sync mode, no matter where you connect your itouch, it'll delete the songs and sync the library of that computer, or in this case your computer. Putting it in manual means that when you add a song to your library, it doesn't automatically sync to your itouch, you need to highlight the files and drag it to your itouch. I feel that you have a lot more control this way on what is on your itouch, and perhaps this will solve the problem.

I also have a question, there are some songs that play on my itunes, but when i play them on my ipod, the songs continue skipping and not playing. Then if you want to play a different song you can't until you reboot it but switching the hold switch and press the play/pause button. Is there any reason for this, and is there a way to fix this?

Does anyone knows if the ipod nano 4th generation supports mp4 files of around 200mb? Is there a size limit of the mp4 files that ipod nano supports? And does it supports playing videos in mp4 encoded with H.264 codec?

Question.

I just bought an Ipod Touch 2nd generation 32GB for $399. Warranty and case is another $100. So the grand total is $500.

i don't know if it was just an impulse buy or if i really want it. Because i planned to buy just the cheap little shuffle (but i plan to buy the ipod touch later anyways)

In about 3 months, I want to get the MacBook Pro 15' when i save up enough money. and i really need a MP3 Player because i need music to work out.

Is there a new Ipod Touch, possibly 3rd generation, coming out soon? Am i buying on impulse?

Can anyone justify that a 32GB I pod Touch is worth $500 with 2 year warranty and case?

Question.

I just bought an Ipod Touch 2nd generation 32GB for $399. Warranty and case is another $100. So the grand total is $500.

i don't know if it was just an impulse buy or if i really want it. Because i planned to buy just the cheap little shuffle (but i plan to buy the ipod touch later anyways)

In about 3 months, I want to get the MacBook Pro 15' when i save up enough money. and i really need a MP3 Player because i need music to work out.

Is there a new Ipod Touch, possibly 3rd generation, coming out soon? Am i buying on impulse?

Can anyone justify that a 32GB I pod Touch is worth $500 with 2 year warranty and case?

That was TOTALLY an impulse buy. You may NEED an mp3 player, but you WANTED the iPod Touch. Currently there is no news of a new iPod Touch coming soon, but if one was to come out it would be late Summer/Fall. There's speculation that a 64GB version might launch, but I doubt it. I have a 1st Gen 32GB iPod Touch and I must say I absolutely love it. It may have been an impulse buy, but you can easily turn it into the best electronic companion in your day to day life. As for warranty, I wouldn't get one, but that's just me. I baby my iPod Touch. Upon purchasing, I didn't open up my iPod until my invisible-shield and belkin case came in for it. To this day, there still isn't a scratch on the back. =] But yeah I'm sure the warranty doesn't cover your iPod being dropped and that's the BIGGEST thing I see happening.

As for using it to exercise. I have a 3rd Gen Black iPod Nano that works great for running. I wouldn't recommend using the iPod Touch to excercise with because, honestly, it's kinda big. I feel like I'm the predator having some kinda electronic gizmo on my arm.

Guest orphannies

Question.

I too bought an Ipod Touch 2nd generation 32GB earlier this year. It does cost an arm and a leg when you compare it to other mp3 players with the same if not more capacity. But the cool thing about the Touch is that in can easily be more than just an mp3 player once you start getting apps for it. It'll play nice with your MacBook Pro when you get one too. You can sync all your contacts, calendar, ect. I haven't regretted my purchase. I didn't bother with the warranty though, I'm usually pretty careful with my stuff.

As far as any new Ipod's coming out, the poster above is correct, Apple usually refreshes their Ipods around September or so.

As for a cheap little mp3 player, you might wanna look at the Sansa Clip. That's what I use when working out, and its a lot cheaper than the Ipod shuffle. It'll also play nice with your MacBook Pro (when you do get it).

Guest funkypicklez

uhhh...

question

i hope this is the rite place to ask it

why doesnt a song that plays on my itunes not play on my ipod?

it just skips it...

does that happen to anyone else?

how do i fix it...?

That was TOTALLY an impulse buy. You may NEED an mp3 player, but you WANTED the iPod Touch. Currently there is no news of a new iPod Touch coming soon, but if one was to come out it would be late Summer/Fall. There's speculation that a 64GB version might launch, but I doubt it. I have a 1st Gen 32GB iPod Touch and I must say I absolutely love it. It may have been an impulse buy, but you can easily turn it into the best electronic companion in your day to day life. As for warranty, I wouldn't get one, but that's just me. I baby my iPod Touch. Upon purchasing, I didn't open up my iPod until my invisible-shield and belkin case came in for it. To this day, there still isn't a scratch on the back. =] But yeah I'm sure the warranty doesn't cover your iPod being dropped and that's the BIGGEST thing I see happening.

As for using it to exercise. I have a 3rd Gen Black iPod Nano that works great for running. I wouldn't recommend using the iPod Touch to excercise with because, honestly, it's kinda big. I feel like I'm the predator having some kinda electronic gizmo on my arm.

I too bought an Ipod Touch 2nd generation 32GB earlier this year. It does cost an arm and a leg when you compare it to other mp3 players with the same if not more capacity. But the cool thing about the Touch is that in can easily be more than just an mp3 player once you start getting apps for it. It'll play nice with your MacBook Pro when you get one too. You can sync all your contacts, calendar, ect. I haven't regretted my purchase. I didn't bother with the warranty though, I'm usually pretty careful with my stuff.

As far as any new Ipod's coming out, the poster above is correct, Apple usually refreshes their Ipods around September or so.

As for a cheap little mp3 player, you might wanna look at the Sansa Clip. That's what I use when working out, and its a lot cheaper than the Ipod shuffle. It'll also play nice with your MacBook Pro (when you do get it).

Ahh.. Interesting insights! Thanks the both of you for your generous replies.

I love replies that actually have juice.

I haven't opened my Ipod Touch yet. I am sort of scared of opening it... i guess i feel like it's just an MP3 player, but in reality it just hasn't hit me yet that it is a mini computer at my hands. And i gotta say the apps are awesome.

Hmm.. I need soem help. I plugged my i-pod in before because iw anted to charge it. But this thign popped up and said soemthign like "upgrade i-pod" or somethign so i clicked agree. Then that's when ALL my stuff on ym ipod as deleted. SO basically my ipod i like when i bought it. It has nothign! So i tried to download some songs on but i can't drag my song into my ipod. And if i got a song on ym ipod i woldnt be able to delete it. Im so frustrated i don't know what too dooo... ='[ I want to reaturn it, if that's possible [?] it's been a year though so.. yeah. should i buy that thing that if your ipod breaks they fix it or give's u a new one? Help thanks! =]

Guest xphilophobia

my ipod keeps on skipping songs .. like it cant play ANY of the songs to a certain album

here's some random info of a song that won't play:

Format: MPEG-1, Layer 3

Channels: Joint Stereo

ID3 Tag: v2.3

Encoded with: LAME3.98

it makes me sad cause theyre my favorite songs and i cant listen to them >.>

please help! ty!!

ps// it plays fine when my ipod is plugged to my cpu and on itunes

just not on the ipod on the go

Archived