[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

4 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

Let's just agree to talk about what offends you in the future. It would be equally offensive to accuse people of being homophobic when it wasn't their intention. The differences in culture must be what defines our tolerances and norms as members of the lgbt. It might be different in different parts of the world, but in Asia, the "wife" thing holds no malice or intention of degrading a person in a relationship with a male. It's just that there's no other term to use. period.

So now, can we let this go? If an apology is required then I apologize. I'm gay too, it would be redundant if I tolerated homophobia, you know. 

Now, can we go back to drooling about the boys in this wonderful series? 

love the gifs. saved. hehe. 

oh thank the heavens for Oajun's sweet sexy v-line :nosebleed:

Preach! I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm the opposite of a homophobic, I can't express all my thoughts even in my native language (french) so in english...... let's drool about the boys together haha :wub:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MaguStrates said:

It would be equally offensive to accuse people of being homophobic when it wasn't their intention. The differences in culture must be what defines our tolerances and norms as members of the lgbt. It might be different in different parts of the world, but in Asia, the "wife" thing holds no malice or intention of degrading a person in a relationship with a male

THIS

if she/he feel offensive of every little thing coming from us straight people mouth that we need to walk on thin line just not to offend them that person should also know her/his hostility with straight people is equally offensive and rude....you want us to put ourselves in your shoes and want respect please learn to respect other people first no matter we straight or not, young/old and if we need to learn and get educated about your world, you guys also need to learn and understand from our pov if not these two world will never get along tbh

and yes even i myself don't use wife to say about any BL pair i ship but still the word wife is in no way being degrading/offensive in any way try to bring the fiction character down and yes fiction because we not here to drool over real life couple and we just enjoy what the show offer to some fangirl who not here for reality check

i understand that person wanna educate but do it with classy manner so people can listen nicely not being rude/hostile/negative/get angry at innocent stranger who would just give back the hostile behavior because they have the right to defend themselves

ok end and would be last time talk about this :P

im here to party with the SOTUS lover bring all the shirtless gif come on

reading the trans for that wedding chapter im super excited the table turn and it Arthit who go to seek Kong after Kong is so done with everything :P hehe i might be sadist but im enjoying the roller coaster emotion ride and the suffering since the reward gonna be sweet after they both accept their feeling and stop running away :P

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, salz said:

THIS

if she/he feel offensive of every little thing coming from us straight people mouth that we need to walk on thin line just not to offend them that person should also know her/his hostility with straight people is equally offensive and rude....you want us to put ourselves in your shoes and want respect please learn to respect other people first no matter we straight or not, young/old and if we need to learn and get educated about your world, you guys also need to learn and understand from our pov if not these two world will never get along tbh

and yes even i myself don't use wife to say about any BL pair i ship but still the word wife is in no way being degrading/offensive in any way try to bring the fiction character down and yes fiction because we not here to drool over real life couple and we just enjoy what the show offer to some fangirl who not here for reality check

i understand that person wanna educate but do it with classy manner so people can listen nicely not being rude/hostile/negative/get angry at innocent stranger who would just give back the hostile behavior because they have the right to defend themselves

ok end and would be last time talk about this :P

im here to party with the SOTUS lover bring all the shirtless gif come on

reading the trans for that wedding chapter im super excited the table turn and it Arthit who go to seek Kong after Kong is so done with everything :P hehe i might be sadist but im enjoying the roller coaster emotion ride and the suffering since the reward gonna be sweet after they both accept their feeling and stop running away :P

Thank you, you summed up my thoughts haha ;) The thing is I don't even like when the term "wife" is being used in a gay couple, so that person told me all that without knowing my point of view.... 

Now that it's all clear for everybody, let's stop talking about this :) haha shirtless gifs, make it rain!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Long time lurker of these forums. Really liking SOTUS so far... how do you guys cope with waiting every week... it's so hard :'( 

All the spoilers and new pics/interactions are keeping me sated :D. It's not like we have any other choice but to wait lmao

Spoiler

off topic...was your name inspired by 'Mighty Boosh' :lol:?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, germanknight said:

For whoever likes BL series and/or movies i have found (not verified) a wide list of movies and series from ASIA under this link https://yamadayugifan.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/yaoi-live-action-films-and-series-from-east-asia-with-happy-endings-and-english-subtitles-2/ it looks very comprehensive and updated (it has even Ep 8 of Sotus already) you may wish to check if there are misleading details you can contact the author that seems smart enough actually I like the name he has given to the post 'Gay/Yaoi/BL live action films and series from East Asia with Happy Endings (do not thing about massage) and English Subtitles 

Thank you so much for linking us to this!! Im one of those people that when it comes to gay movies I ALWAYS read the comments first because if i even see an inkling of a sad ending, I dont end up watching it D: im just reaaally bad with angst (and yes i know, i miss some of the best movies in that way) but i prefer movies of this nature to be uplifting and happy :)

Kinda OT but has anyone watched the BL movie Formula 17?? :D it's honestly one of my most favourite BL movies, not only was it more on the light-hearted side, but the actors were good looking, the romance/story was cute AND it was super funny too :) i definitely recomend this to anyone who wants a happy gay themed movie for once!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nefelibata said:

All the spoilers and new pics/interactions are keeping me sated :D. It's not like we have any other choice but to wait lmao

Hide contents

off topic...was your name inspired by 'Mighty Boosh' :lol:?

Have you ever drunk baileys from a shoe? ;P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shivyn01 said:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/X4I5dqOMnx

Too sleepy but thought I'd share this before I crash. Fans are so cute. Anyhu, good night every one :rolleyes:

Feel like taking Em bra shopping :P

aww, you so bad, but i like it, em goes bra shopping with may, lols

59 minutes ago, ikkiek said:

Hey! It's daddy time.

SINGTO's DADDY

KRIST's DADDY

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES!!!

KRIST & SINGTO ARE HANDSOME LIKE THEIR DADDY.

// SCREAAAMMMMMMM!

how i wish i am their brother, haha, both of them is really handsome, not just the normal handsome, it's super handsome, anyone with me

• Like 3

Guest delightful
1 hour ago, ma5querade said:

What did he say on that last lines?? @delightful

Doesn't it stand for his name?? Krittps : Krist Perawat Sangpotirat ? Not sure about the double 'T' though

LOL sorry if i ruined your imagination 555 but thats a good pun right there "krist to p'singto"

So... thanks for making me open up photoshop after like.... a year. LOL! My translations are in red.. if you can't tell already. Note: perverse was the closest word I could come up with for (ki-aon), it's not a negative word in this sentence, but it means to cutely complain/beg for something one wants. Thai words do NOT exist in English it seems. :sweatingbullets: Credits to Singto, Krist, and Momo's accounts. Plus thanks to whoever first uploaded it here. ^_^

translated_date.jpg

Ahhh it took me so long to catch up with you guys! These days my life is sooo busy! I'm about to graduate and doing an internship so you can just imagine how crazy my life is right now.

I have download the 8th episode (thanks again, P' @delightful) and I started to watch late night yesterday. I slept within 5 minutes lol. At least tomorrow (Oct 12th) is a holiday here in Brazil so I'll pretty much sleep, eat and of course watch Sotus lol

-

Now, regarding the discussion going on right here...

Spoiler

From my POV, the tern "wife" can sound problematic.

I'm a gay male and I do have some preferences. Then, why do we have to put labels on who's the husband and who's the wife based on this? Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable being called wife, for example. I'm still a gay male. And here's the problem: even if it is not the intention, it can disrespect mine and others' identities.

I do know that this is a cultural thing, specially in Asia. It really feels that people tries to fit LGBTs relationships to a straight POV. I do however consume Asian content, including BL series, and I try not to look so much into these kind of stuff, as the "wife" term, because I know the advances that are being made in this industry. I expect that some day we don't really need to label someone out of his/her preferences though.

I want also to make clear that I know that the use of such terms are not meant to be offensive in any way, but that's my POV. 

Some people may not agree with my opinion, and it's fine.
But we should always respect ourselves. :) 

No hate, just love. :D 

Edited by laio
Added that people do not mean to be offensive in the spoiler box
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, MaguStrates said:

Let's just agree to talk about what offends anyone in the future. It would be equally offensive to accuse people of being homophobic when it wasn't their intention. The differences in culture must be what defines our tolerances and norms as members of the lgbt. It might be different in different parts of the world, but in Asia, the "wife" thing holds no malice or intention of degrading a person in a relationship with a male and whether you believe it or not, it is a term of endearment here. and It's just that there's no other term to use. period.

So now, can we let this go? If an apology is required then I apologize. I'm gay too, it would be redundant if I tolerated homophobia, you know. 

Now, can we go back to drooling about the boys in this wonderful series? 

love the gifs. saved. hehe. 

oh thank the heavens for Oajun's sweet sexy v-line :nosebleed:

I saw a discussion over at the Sotus International Fb group...Apparently, some thai fans say Newwie is hung...:wub:

"It would be equally offensive to accuse people of being homophobic when it wasn't their intention. The differences in culture must be what defines our tolerances and norms as members of the lgbt" 

you really need to brush up on your queer history because these false equivalences is making me weak in the knees. 

• Like 4