[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest MaknaeC
15 hours ago, JinyoungFox said:

young master yoonsung sing moonlight ost "foggy road"

and if I'm not hearing things, he promise to do a v live with other casts later..

I always wish Jinyoung can sing one song for Moonlight ost. Now  with this video, I really want to hear Misty Road full version by Jinyoung. Music Director-nim, let Jinyoung sing the male version of Misty Road, please...

15 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

There was an article in Singapore English newspaper today about teen actresses doing the scenes of adult nature(eg. skinship, kissing scenes,etc).  Moonlight drawn by clouds and Kim Yoo Jung was mentioned in the article. The heading said viewers are divided, but from the people they have interviewed, none of them said they are uncomfortable with it.  In fact, the viewers are so rational that they mentioned about k-pop female idols showing more skin in music shows, so they can accept KYJ acting in kissing scenes. Initially, i was a bit angry, because Kim So Hyun who acted in a tvn drama has more kissing scenes than KYJ and they are the same age. Secondly, Kim So Hyun is in Singapore presently, so i was puzzled why are they targetting at Kim Yoo Jung instead.  On second thoughts, it shows that this drama is daebak, popular and good, it will attract readers' attention instead. 

Straits Times, 1st October 2016

Gwendolyn Ng

Teen actresses: Where's the line?

Is it appropriate for a 17-year-old actor to be doing scenes of an adult nature? Viewers are divided

Why don't they write this kind of headline?

Is it appropriate for a 17 years old actor to get 20% ratings in her first leading role? Viewers are happy

:phew:

Kim Yoo Jung is getting nitpicking (About her acting, every actors has different style in acting, that's it; About her age and her 'steamy' scenes. Well, korean young actors who is the same age or even younger than her already did kiss scenes way before her and what exactly steamy here, huh?) here and there on international site LOL. Looks like Yoojung is such an easy target :D 

It's ok, Yoojung-ah! That's part of your journey to become more better actress. 

10 minutes ago, MaknaeC said:

I always wish Jinyoung can sing one song for Moonlight ost. Now  with this video, I really want to hear Misty Road full version by Jinyoung. Music Director-nim, let Jinyoung sing the male version of Misty Road, please...

Why don't they write this kind of headline?

Is it appropriate for a 17 years old actor to get 20% ratings in her first leading role? Viewers are happy

:phew:

Kim Yoo Jung is getting nitpicking (About acting they said, 'not on par', 'lack of micro-expressions', etc. Every actors has different style in acting, that's it; About her age and her 'steamy' scenes. Well, korean young actors who is the same age or even younger than her already did kiss scenes way before her and what exactly steamy here, huh?) here and there LOL. Looks like Yoojung is such an easy target :D 

It's ok, Yoojung-ah! That's part of your journey to become more better actress. 

Hi everyone, 

i have been lurking and will continue to lurk after this post. De lurking now only to inform that I posted this comment in the facebook site of the Singapore newspaper:

I read the article in print. The use of "risqué" in the headline was a poor choice of word and misleading. Someone trying to be sensationalist, no? I wonder if Ms Gwendolyn Ng or her editor even watched or understood the drama. If the scenes are considered "steamy", perhaps they need to buck up and watch more drama/films to offer a more professional and critical analysis. And please, of all people, Jack Neo (with his squeaky-clean reputation?) was interviewed. I wouldn't send my 17yo daughter to work with him. I am taking this article with a huge bag of salt. Disappointed with the quality of journalism here."

i can tolerate most things, there's one thing I can't tolerate: subpar output... in this case, subpar journalism.

• Like 23

@cynkdf, actually the Singapore media did not really promote this drama.  If they do, they will nitpick in whatever ways they can.  The few articles i have seen are usually from overseas news and reposted on their papers.  LianHe Zaobao did mention about the popularity of the OST and rating, but translated from korean news.  The free morning newspaper 'My Paper 我报" reported more news about MDBC, also translated from overseas media, but are mostly on the rating and popularity of the drama, nothing negative as yet.  i remembered reading a very small writeup by 1 of the reporter of the evening chinese newspaper (Wanbao) who said that the storyline to this drama is nothing new and has been used over again and again.  In my mind, dramas all over the world are reusing the same storyline (rom-com, romance, thriller, detective plot,cross-dressing,etc), why must they nitpick at MDBC?? IMO, the reporters are underestimating the popularity of the drama/actors/actresses just because the leads/2nd leads are not the popular type they knows, this is how shallow they are.  They should go to Korea now and feel the popularity of the drama/actors/actresses themselves.  

P.S. the funny thing was my male boss is the one who text me this morning and said there is an article on my favourite drama...haha... :grin:

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

@cynkdf, actually the Singapore media did not really promote this drama.  If they do, they will nitpick in whatever ways they can.  The few articles i have seen are usually from overseas news and reposted on their papers.  LianHe Zaobao did mention about the popularity of the OST and rating, but translated from korean news.  The free morning newspaper 'My Paper 我报" reported more news about MDBC, also translated from overseas media, but are mostly on the rating and popularity of the drama, nothing negative as yet.  i remembered reading a very small writeup by 1 of the reporter of the evening chinese newspaper (Wanbao) who said that the storyline to this drama is nothing new and has been used over again and again.  In my mind, dramas all over the world are reusing the same storyline (rom-com, romance, thriller, detective plot,cross-dressing,etc), why must they nitpick at MDBC?? IMO, the reporters are underestimating the popularity of the drama/actors/actresses just because the leads/2nd leads are not the popular type they knows, this is how shallow they are.  They should go to Korea now and feel the popularity of the drama/actors/actresses themselves.  

P.S. the funny thing was my male boss is the one who text me this morning and said there is an article on my favourite drama...haha... :grin:

That's the thing w singapore media reporters... They usually wait for something to be huge overseas First before they sit up and take notice... Let's just wait for Bogum to win that prized acting award at KBS year end... Same for R88-- straits time only reported n ran an article only after R88 did extremely well in SK...

• Like 13

8 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

ANYBODY HERE KNOWS THE WRITER/DIRECTOR/PRODUCER OF THE SCHOOL 2017? ISNT THERES A NEWS THAT PARK GO BUM WILL BE IN THE CAST CAN WE ALL REQUEST/PROTEST THAT KIM YOU JUNG WILL BE THA LEAD ACTRESS. HAAYYY THEY ARE PERFECTLY CUTE TOGETHER! IF THEY WANT A BIG HIT THEY SHOULD CAST ALL OF THEM TO THE SCHOOL 2017!!!!

IF KIM YOU JUNG MY DAUGHTER I WANT PARK GO BUM AS MY SON N LAW :)

Count me in....would love to see them act as students. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Gummy Ting said:

That's the thing w singapore media reporters... They usually wait for something to be huge overseas First before they sit up and take notice... Let's just wait for Bogum to win that prized acting award at KBS year end... Same for R88-- straits time only reported n ran an article only after R88 did extremely well in SK...

i only read " My Paper" every morning , for the past few days ,, MDBC are all in good  and positive terms , mostly in rating. I never thought of ppl will comment about negative things about it. My sil also hooked on to MDBC .

• Like 18

3 hours ago, angelineong said:

Just a random thought.

Why would Raon and CP sleep with their hair neatly tied up and clothes properly done up?

What happened between them when the lights go out?

I guess, God only knows.

I have also been wondering...what kind of situation would land both of them in that bed scene with him sleeping and she awake but both so properly attired.... :smirk:

• Like 20

Ooh KYJ possible cameo in The Legend of the Blue Sea?  Although wiki is not 100% accurate, it might be true since before YJ was announced for MDBC her name was already included in the cast list weeks before.  I heard GOT7's JY will cameo also as the teen version of LMH.  

Anyways rewatching episode 9 now, young RO is asking her mom when will she tell her why she has to hide as a boy.  You think we'll find out this week?

• Like 19

2 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

Do you have any idea if KBS will also pick the Best couple out of the multiple winners?  I feel that PBG may only be able to win top excellence (even though his performance in MDBC was flawless).  Even though i hope he can win Daesang, but i felt that they may present it to SJK/SHG for DOTS. 

i think Bo Gum will only be nominated for excellence award and not top excellence eventhough i agree his acting skill is brilliant. He is still young and this is his first lead drama. Besides, DOTS are too strong. 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

i only read " My Paper" every morning , for the past few days ,, MDBC are all in good  and positive terms , mostly in rating. I never thought of ppl will comment about negative things about it. My sil also hooked on to MDBC .

Yes, My Paper is the only one that reports regularly on the rating and popularity of the drama, though articles are from overseas. Now only left with The New Paper who has not written anything about it.  Have to keep an eye on this one, they can be just as bad as the Straits Times.  

My female colleagues(5 of them) watched with me every Tuesday & Wednesday with English/Chinese subtitles.  We will buy lunches back to office and watch it in the pantry.  All of them like this drama and some of us will watch re-run of the drama on KBSWorld.  (note: only 2 of us are k-drama fans but the rest are so into this drama this time.  They have never been so on about k-dramas in the past).  

P.S. KBSWorld is showing the rerun of episode 12 now, but i'm not sure if i remembered wrongly or my eyes is playing tricks on me.  Wasn't the couple bracelet for CP supposed to be blue color?  I thought i saw it as green on episode 12...

• Like 17