[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Hello everyone it's my first time in this thread! And i super love this drama~ and ofc yoogum :wub: or lol is their ship named as that but yes i love this puppy couple :P and regarding to the upcoming episode 7....ugh! I can't wait for it already! I suddenly loved mondays because of this drama! :D

Yet i have so many pages to backread to be able to cope up things in here~^^ 

2 hours ago, IBELIS said:

I like this show and will most likely watch it to the end even if they add the two episode extension. I do have to say the female led was a bad choice, she is the worse cross dresser I've seen in a drama, Everything she does screams I'm a girl. I find it strange because in the beginning she seemed butcher. I find it hard to believe that anyone in the palace would not be thinking girl.

You're free to like or dislike KJY, I have no say in that matter :)

But I'd like to speak in her defense when it comes to her casting. I believe there are reasons for KJY to be cast, because other actresses considered for the role are very feminine looking too and wouldn't pass for a boy. Here are some reasons:

1- The drama is based off of a webtoon, and in the webtoon itself Ra On is a beautiful character who herself wouldn't pass for a boy either. You can look up Moonlight drawn by clouds webtoon to see the original heroine 

2- Ra On never purposefully dresses up to pass for a boy. She has always wanted to look and behave like a girl. It is for her mother that she dresses up as a boy, but she has never identified herself as one. If you intend to behave and look like a boy, you will adjust your behaviour and look to appear like one. But if you don't intend to, then everything you do will speak to the opposite. 

3- Actually eunuchs were often castrated since a very young age when their voice wasn't as deep as that of a grown man, and even grown men changed their voice and behaviour once they had become eunuchs for a long time because, well, the hormones are no longer produced (erm, because their important parts are removed completely). It is not often correctly depicted in Korean dramas, but eunuchs in Chinese dramas are often depicted as having high-pitched voice, and even the movement of their hands and bodies sometimes resemble those of women's. In some Korean movies, eunuchs are also portrayed in the same manner. Further, as they are working inside the palace, most of the time they walk around with bowed heads and bent back, taking small, quick steps, and no one bothers to look at their face because they're so unimportant, so it's likely that she will not blow up her cover there. Plus, in ancient times it's a sin close to treachery for women to cross-dress as men, so not many people would actually believe one could do such a thing even if they had suspicion.

So I think it's the purpose of the show that the actress cast for the role should look feminine in the first place. And if you find it difficult to believe why no one in the palace recognises Ra On's real identity, it has something to do with the way Korean actresses and actors portray life in the palace (which is too modern and does not really reflect life in the past) too.

Though I may agree that they should not have cast an underage, and I'm speaking this despite me being a big fan of KJY. She slays with her acting, but it'd be more comfortable for many viewers if she was a little bit older.

Just my two cents ^^

4 hours ago, chubbz said:

We know at least two persons (I am going to ignore the envoy who is irrelevant for now) who know RO is a girl by now. I am curious who else will get to know it, and in what order. Would it be KBY first or LY? Or even Eunuch Jang first? Or the Queen? Or would KYS find ways to distract and mislead the Queen? :huh:

1. KYS
  2. Eunuch Ma
  3. ?

Uri Kim Hyung

37 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

Hi Bambiina... #wavinglikehell Hi everybody, newbie here...

Great to see several familiar ID here.

@BambiinaI've been searching about Crown Prince Hyomyeong since yesterday but could not find the info about he has a child... Where did you get that one... :bawling: Not ready for that to happen to our OTP.

Edit : Never mind... Found the info :bawling::bawling:

*runs to boredajumma with open arm* ...... chinggggguuuuuuuu..  welkammmmmmmmm.. 

I am also a newbieeeeeeeeeeee.. been hogging the thread since yesterday .. muahahaha..

I believe they won't follow exactly the real prince life .. I dun know if my fragile heart can manage the heart ache .. I want the prince to be a virgin when he marries RO ... kekekekekekeke... #daydream #fantasy 

Wow! So it's now called a syndrome!

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds syndrome + 2-episode extension?

2016090801000574800037601_99_20160907155916.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-07%2Bat%2B5.26.19%2BPM.png
Sports Chosun - Naver: 'Descendants of the Sun' → Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, law of success #ending5minutes #ParkBogum #SongJoongKi

1. [+8,618, -182] KBS must be over the moon right now. They had DOTS for the first half of the year and Moonlight for the second half. Park Bogum is indeed KBS' son ㅋ

2. [+7,332, -185] I don't know who the PD is but the cinematography is totally daebak, I'm so enraptured

3. [+7,266, -220] Blossom is feeding KBS ㅋㅋㅋㅋSong Joong Ki, Park Bogum and even Cha Tae Hyun.. I love these 3

4. [+5,266, -190] This drama makes my heart flutter!! Both leads' visuals are shining

5. [+1,340, -60] Not to mention that Gummy sang OSTs for both dramas

6. [+1,262, -72] Park Bogum is love

20160908_3069261_1473293889_99_20160908094706.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-07%2Bat%2B6.16.18%2BPM.png

Maeil Kyungjae - Naver: [Exclusive] 'Moonlight Drawn By Clouds' confirms 2-episode extension...to end with 20 episodes 

1. [+2,604, -105] Ah I live for this drama lately.. Seja joha ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+1,834, -106] Thank you writer ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1,607, -94] Assa 2 episodes more to watch

4. [+1,311, -81] Thank you

5. [+1,179, -62] Thank you...

tv Report- Naver: 'Moonlight' CP "2-episode extension? Nothing has been confirmed...it's under discussion"

1. [+610, -21] As much as I want an extension.. if it ruins the drama, they're better off sticking to the original 18 episodes

2. [+484, -14] Whether it will be extended or not, it would be good if you maintain the quality that have now! Moonlight is so enjoyable lately ㅠㅠ

3. [+388, -13] I don't mind it being extended, but it's not cool if the story go off rails... I've never waited so much for Mondays

4. [+398, -26] Even if it's extended, I trust that the director and writer will do their best to not drag the story!

5. [+299, -20] I don't like Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday!!!

6. [+70, -9] I'm actually surprised why this isn't a 20-ep drama to begin with. I want this extension~~

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-syndrome-2.html

-

@Bambiina lol, at least u know how I feel when I draw that scene. Laughing alone like hyena scaring my kids...

Our president right now has temporary gone CUCKOO , so I'll be doing all the administration for new membership, no fee dont worry.

Soooooooo I gather you chingudeul who LIKE our petition will be joining in and signing that as well RIGHT? Send me your chosen logo in the email attachment , write subject your forum name. Cuz that will be the name I'll put in the petition.  @mellinadear @yuuinokokoro @Noor IsmahwatiI@liemkopi @myutaa @Plummpychan @bonuibonui and after you done laughing send me yours too @Bambiina

about time you show up @moodypie , come partner, I'm waiting for you and @mellinadear to put the badge on as officer. Find a good logo and mail to me asap

I'll be standing by..cheriossss

You too chingu, welcome aboard  @WildDivine69 @AriaAA @chocolatepie @genmaikrw @myvilvil@Naruto_7th_Hokage @boyoo4lyf

P.S if you're about to send me scenery pictures, that would not work since it will be a very tiny circle like mine up there. So if you want to be KNOWN use some clear object picture. Well, is all up to you guys, just suggestion :)

2 hours ago, moodypie said:

This is how her brother look like ...

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-08%20at%202.34.0

Can you tell the difference if either one of them were to wear the eunuch costume. hehe.

Her brothers face looks girlish. So,  if we combine the brother's look and Eunuch Sung's soft behaviour, we get a girl eunuch?

hahaha...me talking nonsense now.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/insanely-strong-resemblance-between-kim-yoo-jung-and-her-siblings-is-giving-netizens-goosebumps

If both of them get married in real life, can u imagine how beautiful their little bogums-yoojungs look??!! :wub:

i really hope the drama focus more on the boys relationship, i want to know more about them and how they will turn out.  

And i really dont want to see SooBin become an evil crown princess, we have enough bad ppls on the drama already, plUs her role look like she's actually nice girl that make a move with a boy she like, and jealous, who wont get jealous anyway. I hope she wont end up alone while CP run away with the love of his life ( maybe) haha

51 minutes ago, Gummy Ting said:

If both of them get married in real life, can u imagine how beautiful their little bogums-yoojungs look??!! :wub:

Yes I would imagine that. Wait we are even taking about them getting married and having babies Lol. Look what this otp is doing to us. 

3 hours ago, xoxgossipgirl said:

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM 

Sorry for quoting this particular picture but I would love to know what Kim Hyung is thinking! 

Any captions?

PS. Can I also give thanks to the costume designer? I love all the CP's outfits and Ra On's dancing clothes. Hopefully the hanbok which will out her as a woman will also be beautiful. 

Archived