[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

Looove the "what is your blood type?" scene between SHK and SJK. I played it like a hundred times and I seriously sensed some REAL AUTHENTIC ROMANCE there. I mean the way they laugh, gush over each other, the way they look at each other on that particular scene! Gaaaah, I melted! I felt like SJK was smiling sincerely towards SHK's cute acting! They are discretely shooting hearts at each other! Waaaaah!! 

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xyzebra

SJK definitely has the Midas Touch right now. According to SJK fan club on Weibo, the viewer rating for KBS 1TV News9's 9 PM news jumped to 14.41% from the previous day's 10.04% ratings, reaching an all time high for the news hour segment. Also, the time segment for SJK's interview (9:28 PM - 9:34PM) achieved 19.37% viewer ratings, which is an increase of 8.08% from the 11.29% ratings for the same time frame yesterday. :D 

An interesting observation of mine is now that SHG's drama is doing so well, her more media shy guy friends seem to have crawled out of their mancaves.  EX: 1) Hyun Bin's article a few days ago. There are comments saying Hyun Bin would have fit Capt. YSJ's role as well since he is sporting manly stubs in the article photos. 2) Gang Dong-won's airport sightings yesterday. 

Also, my cousin told me about DOTS induced retail fever in KR...local shops are flooded with cheaper imitations of clothing items and jewelry pieces worn by Dr. KMY. LOL. You want the brown Celine bag KMY carried for her first date night with YSJ? We have it here but at a much better price! Oh you are looking for the Junya Watanabe perforated leather platform sneakers? What size are you? We have it here too! :P Aino earrings? W7,000 for a pair! There are also apps where you can paste YSJ's aviators and beret on your face. It's cray cray, y'all. 

ETA: Was just looking at J.estina's Helio line since they added new designs. There are comments from buyers who say they bought peices because SHG is an amazing model. The most popular purchases in the Jewelry section of Lotte.com and CJMall.com are Dr. KMY's rectangle hoops, thread-through earrings, and CZ pyramid studs. Girl is making bank :D 

Song Joong Ki Jokes About Dating Rumors With Song Hye Kyo on “News9″

During his appearance on “News9,” Song Joong Ki expresses amusement at his dating rumors, and appreciates the love shown for “Descendants of the Sun.”

On March 30, Song Joong Ki guested on KBS 1TV‘s “News9,” a prominent newscast that airs every night at 9 p.m. KST. He is the first celebrity to appear on the show in person, which is an indication of his popularity.

Song Joong Ki laughs when he’s asked about the dating rumors between his “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Song Hye Kyo and himself. He good-naturedly responds, “The cast and crew of the drama meet up a lot these days for dinner, and it’s become a topic of conversation for Song Hye Kyo and me over drinks. In my opinion, that kind of response happened because many people love our drama. We’re enjoying the situation.”

song joong ki news9

One of the announcers then asks whether he would prefer Kang Mo Yeon (played by Song Hye Kyo), or Yoon Myung Joo (played by Kim Ji Won) if given the choice. Taken aback at the sudden question, Song Joong Ki laughs while saying, “I never expected to receive a question like this on ‘News9.’”

He explains that he would probably choose Kang Mo Yeon, because he worked with Song Hye Kyo the most, but cheekily adds, “If I didn’t respond like this, she will probably become sulky.”

Are you a fan of the Song-Song couple? See the explosive chemistry between these two actors in “Descendants of the Sun” below!

OMO! He's so sweet. He's worried and taking care of his GF :P

Hi everyone... I think I am lost here. Seems like people are talking about Joongki IV. What is it actually? 

Yesterday episode was amazing, really want to share my view on it but going to do it later after work. Thank you for all the recaps, translation, gif, videos songsong troopers, and whoever has extra asparagus soup please share with me. I'll appreciate it so much. :D

Hi guys..thanks for all your info's n insightful opinion..it's been quite a while since i post here n i'm very2 busy with my work but i never fail to open this thread everyday.yeah i dont open the main thread everyday but this thread, yeah almost everyday..what have this two done to me:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Joongki-shi, you are enjoying our sailing ship, right?

Joongki-shi, you are afraid someone will get mad at you for not choosing KMY?

Ahemm, dinner date at 12 pm and always hanging out with " DOTS casts " and dont be surprise if you all meet " all of US "  again, yeah eating snack ( macaroon i must say ) after this..

What's up with that glowing look of yours lately?

Am i looking at a reel drama or " real drama " of two people in love ? are you both really acting? why do i get a goosebump and feel embarassed everytime i see your sweet scenes in that drama? It feel so real ya know...

Can i say that i'm 100% sure that you guys are dating? Or am i really delulu and seeing things here:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think our ship is heading on the right direction.since our CAPTAIN approve it we cant be wrong, right?

Guys, again i want to thanks you all and i enjoy reading all of your postS , delulu or not, rumors fanaccount whatsoever as i've been rely to only this thread to get the scoop of our couple.for me, we can post anything about our couple here as long as we dont bring it outside right? Keep up the good work chingu! you guys r daebak!!:wub::wub::wub:

45 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I see Joong Ki practiced his poker face somewhat well for this IV :wub: 

See my thing is that he could have easily said "No we're not dating!" or "Those rumors are very fake I laughed about them" but he didn't. Why not just simply end the rumors with a quick and easy "No"?

I am 100% sure that Dispatch has something on them. They don't seem like the type to be super careful about leaving tracks. I can see Dispatch waiting for DOTs to end before they release their info to us :phew:

lol...i can't stop giggling reading your post. That's what my exact thought. He could've just say YES or NO...but he didn't say it. He did answer the question though. That makes me convinced that they have something going on, something romantic....:lol: 

I just finished watching episode 11 & their 'blood type' moment is just so sweet that i can see SHK & SJK, not KMY & YSJ... song-song couple troopers, fighting! :D

Guys, anyone here who wants to do a little extra work today?

I'll help you with the subs if any of you would like  to upload SJK's interview, his replies are way more nuanced than I first thought and I've just sort of analysed the entire interview again.

But I'd really appreciated it if anyone who also has an understanding of Korean also helped me out {I know many of you are lurkers and don't like posting so please send me a PM} and someone/anyone who wants to upload the video PM me :)

Otherwise, I'll just share my analysis here.

I find his comment that Someone will be sulky/angry most telling. At least they meet often enough for him to fear her immediate reaction. If they only contact each other once in a blue moon, why would he worry?

11 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

I find his comment that Someone will be sulky/angry most telling. At least they meet often enough for him to fear her immediate reaction. If they only contact each other once in a blue moon, why would he worry?

Me too, that he can tease a big senior like that...  yes, he could be acting "in character" as SJ land speaking about MY, but still.  There are other ways he could have answered the question that weren't as personal.  They are obviously close. 

But I also like how he suggested it's about the drama, when it's about NY not the drama that started the rumors 

Another thing, the NY trip was before the drama started.  There wasn't much reasons for co-workers to hang out.  they'll soon seen each other a lot right if they do promo?  You don't hear him with the the  two support leads going out.  

I made some gifs from his interview.  It looks like he wants to smile when he heard the hosts mentioned his dating rumors with SHK.

HqidPr.gif

This is when he explains why these rumors come about.

FDdxaS.gif

This is when he was asked to choose between Mo Yeon (SHK) and Myung Joo (KJW).  I like how he paused a bit and added "If I didn’t respond like this, she will probably become sulky" with that big grin on his face :D (thanks @oetoria15 for posting that translation)

29z2P_.gif

20 minutes ago, oetoria15 said:

During his appearance on “News9,” Song Joong Ki expresses amusement at his dating rumors, and appreciates the love shown for “Descendants of the Sun.”

On March 30, Song Joong Ki guested on KBS 1TV‘s “News9,” a prominent newscast that airs every night at 9 p.m. KST. He is the first celebrity to appear on the show in person, which is an indication of his popularity.

Song Joong Ki laughs when he’s asked about the dating rumors between his “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Song Hye Kyo and himself. He good-naturedly responds, “The cast and crew of the drama meet up a lot these days for dinner, and it’s become a topic of conversation for Song Hye Kyo and me over drinks. In my opinion, that kind of response happened because many people love our drama. We’re enjoying the situation.”

One of the announcers then asks whether he would prefer Kang Mo Yeon (played by Song Hye Kyo), or Yoon Myung Joo (played by Kim Ji Won) if given the choice. Taken aback at the sudden question, Song Joong Ki laughs while saying, “I never expected to receive a question like this on ‘News9.’”

He explains that he would probably choose Kang Mo Yeon, because he worked with Song Hye Kyo the most, but cheekily adds, “If I didn’t respond like this, she will probably become sulky.”

Are you a fan of the Song-Song couple? See the explosive chemistry between these two actors in “Descendants of the Sun” below!

OMO! He's so sweet. He's worried and taking care of his GF :P

This article brought lurker me out of the woodworks because I just needed to share my observations:

1. He said "I never expected to receive a question like this on ‘News9" meant he prepared his answers for all possible questions during the interview. Obviously, he knew he will be asked about the dating rumor, so he came prepared for that question. He responded confidently and showed no hesitation at all.

2. His reaction to the second question - choosing between the 2 female characters (KMY or YMJ) - was completely the opposite. He was caught off guard for a second. He was not prepared for this question. Although, his answer was witty and funny, his answer revealed something else - he immediately connected the KMY character to Song Hye Kyo herself as if they are one and the same. They are not. lol.  In his state of confusion, surprise, and  perhaps guilt for hiding their true dating status (?) lol, he unwittingly gave a clue to us shippers - he is always thinking about SHY and how she will react, even on questions that only indirectly refer to her.  

On a different occasion, I remember an actress (forgot who) being asked the same thing - whether she liked the character of the first lead actor or that of the second. Without hesitation, she immediately choose one character and cited the reasons - that character is more reliable, honest, etc. There was no confusion on her part as to the difference between the actors and the characters they were playing. Her response indicated that for her, the actors were merely her professional colleagues. SJK's response was different because the lady announcer was indirectly asking about his GF and when you are in love and thinking about your love, you get flustered. :)

Back to lurker mode. Thanks for all your wonderful posts! 

@hclover96

The expression in the first GIF is a classic, I mean he goes from controlling a smile to controlling his eyebrows, see how he tries to bring them down - usually when we're animated or smile our eyebrows move up. SJK very consciously tries to bring his facial muscles into control at that moment.

LMAO in that first gif you can see him stare straight for half a second and he has that "Well Crap" lost look on his face before he suddenly changes into a more calm emotion

Like I said he actually is terrible at controlling his expressions on camera. Better for us! :phew:

22 minutes ago, melissala said:

Me too, that he can tease a big senior like that...  yes, he could be acting "in character" as SJ land speaking about MY, but still.  There are other ways he could have answered the question that weren't as personal.  They are obviously close. 

But I also like how he suggested it's about the drama, when it's about NY not the drama that started the rumors 

Another thing, the NY trip was before the drama started.  There wasn't much reasons for co-workers to hang out.  they'll soon seen each other a lot right if they do promo?  You don't hear him with the the  two support leads going out.  

And his smile when he thinks about her "sulking" is so sweet, as if he is already imagining her in his mind.

11 hours ago, joongkyo said:

Also, people!.

Isn't it extremely strange! Like extremely strange that every actor cast opposite SHK talks about her beauty and gushes over it. Hell, even the married men and female actresses who work with her in the same drama mention it because it's like stating the obvious, like look the sky is blue today  or hey, if you jump in a pool of water you're gonna get wet.

But, our man SJK, has never ever ever said anything about her looks. Not even once!. I mean this guy was all full of praises for his other actresses and their looks (blah blah blah) but when it comes to the one and true Goddess, our man is awful silent.

I'm not saying this because I'm obsessed with looks but it's just awfully weird to me. SJK does so many weird things that make me oh so suspicious!.

I am sooooo suspicious of you JoongKi and Mister, I got my eyes on you!

giphy.gif

And i remember about Joongki's interview on entertainment weekly or Guirella Date (if im not mistaken) he talked about how beauty Moon Chae Won. and then i realized why he never mention about A BEAUTY goddes not even once like he mention another actress before. 

thanks God im not the only one, luvvvvvv youuu @joongkyo :heart:

His smile in the first gif is funny. 

I'll believe they aren't dating when Kyo posts a selfie of the two of them and they do multiple magazine covers or CFs together..   Until then, you two are getting married. 

Kyo needs 9k more IG followers for a million!  Should get it very soon. 

@kpoplover34 That's a great observation. He could have answered in a way that he would describe why he like the character more, but his answer was completely about Hye Kyo, the actress, that she might become sulky (I do not like the word sulky, I hope there are better translations for this, ha!), and not about the thing about Mo Yeon, the character, which makes her more likeable than Myung Ju. He was confused, I guess he really was not prepared for that question. :D

Our ship is sailing, you guys! 

Song Joong-ki was skillful on KBS News 9

Song Joong-ki did it again. He answered silly questions with right answers. Although he is the first actor to sit at the KBS News Desk, he was modest and bold at the same time.

Song Joong-ki was interviewed on the news due to his rising popularity in "Descendants of the Sun". He appeared on the KBS 1TV "News 9" on March 30. Lee Byung-hun and Rain were previously featured on the news on a weekday night, but Song Joong-ki is the first actor to appear on the 9 O'clock news.

Song Joong-ki stands in the middle of change. Not long after he was discharged from the military, Song Joong-ki starred in the drama "Descendants of the Sun" and became a Hallyu star. "Descendants of the Sun" is being broadcasted in China at the same time and has been exported to 32 different countries.

Song Joong-ki said he was shy but grateful at this sudden fame. He chose the line "Then save him" as his favorite and responded wittily to the silly question, "Song Hye-kyo or Kim Ji-won-I?"

Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo were speculated of seeing each other because they were seen outside together because of the drama. Song Joong-ki answered, "This is all because the drama is so popular and I'm just enjoying it". When the anchors asked why he thought he was so popular, he answered with a big laugh. It was like seeing the playful Yoo Si-jin on the news.

The questions and editing was disappointing but Song Joong-ki pulled it off well. More people would have fallen for him and that's for sure. He was calm but humorous and it was a pleasurable time for the viewers.

They had to go to NY and hold hands because of the drama???? :P Such dedication. 

42 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Agree with you @Ohsh, it's like he feel he will get "punished" from someone closed to him, so he better answer it wisely. Joong Ki ya... your colleague can't give you the "punishment" feeling. But if she is your significant other / spouse / gf, you must feel that way.

14 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

And his smile when he thinks about her "sulking" is so sweet, as if he is already imagining her in his mind.

People in love surely always had their significant other on their mind. That's why they like to smile all the time...

SJK surely looks happy like on the top of the world last night (he walks also looks like he could fly). I know it's because he got a special interview and got special treatment from TV crew, but I also think he's been so happy now because of someone, that when her name being mention, it will bring smile on his face (just look at the gif @hclover96 post)

Guest xyzebra

@hclover96 a most excellent gif set! 

I don't know about you guys but this is the face I make when my BF asks if I already ate the bag of crisps he just bought. Of course I ate it. And you know it. So why you asking? To embarrass me? I'll just deny and lick my fingers clean of any culpability. Yeah. I know this face very well. It's the combo of a small squint and pursed lips to lend credibility to an otherwise unconvincing answer. :P 

P7c7vMy.jpg

Archived