Can't stay logged in

maakopla

Question

Soompi works just fine for me when I access it on my phone but... when I use my laptop and log in I'm always thrown into my account settings. When I click on forums it logs me out and asks to log in again. I end up on account settings page again and when I try to access the forum it logs me out. So I'm kind of stuck. Would be nice if there was a solution for this.

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, maakopla said:

Soompi works just fine for me when I access it on my phone but... when I use my laptop and log in I'm always thrown into my account settings. When I click on forums it logs me out and asks to log in again. I end up on account settings page again and when I try to access the forum it logs me out. So I'm kind of stuck. Would be nice if there was a solution for this.

Considering this is the first time I've heard of this problem, I suspect the problem to be in your browser settings. Perhaps it's a faulty cache. Perhaps it's a corrupted cookie (yes, even cookies can have an expiration date. Cookiemonster hates it!).

First try to hit CTRL+F5. It reloads your entire page from the website instead of using cache (a sort of memory so you don't have to download the entire website, just everything updated since your last visit). This might do the trick. If not, go to step 2 :) 

Step 2 :) You would want to remove your cookies, see if that works. Just open up the settings for your browser (most of the time it's a cogwheel) and click "remove all cookies". Since the place where you can find those settings depends on your browser, I can't really help you any further.

Note that removing all cookies also means you lose settings on other websites too! If you're able to find it, you can also just delete the Soompi cookies.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll figure something out for your next step :)

Archived