[Drama 2016] Yeah, That's How It Is 그래, 그런거야 | 对,就是那样 | SBS @8.45pm KST

-jade-

Wow SeHee acted so well.  Personally I have a heavy heart tonight.  The emotional turmoil SH showcased tonight far outshined any comedic efforts of the rest of the episode.  Spectacular acting.  I have a heavy heart tonight.  Ill post on the thread later. Hope I can sleep.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally  the  drama  moved  with sehee's  story line/  what a  jerk  her  husband  is!  not  only did  he not  tell  her  of a  hidden  son,  he  did  not  tell  her he  had vasectomy.  what a selfsih  man and a  cheat!  the b est  thing  would  be  for  her  to  leave him,  divorce  and  find a  new  destiny.  the  clueless  bride  not  knowing traditions,  housework,  we've  seen  that  in  other  dramas.  sometimes  i  feel  that  mothers  in  law  in  kdramas make  their  daughters  in law  suffer  in  inititation  rites  to exact revenge  and  take it  out  on  them  them  what  they themselves suffered  as a  youngbride  and  housewife.  i've  seen mothers in  law  in  kdramas  make  their  daughters  in  law  watch  as  the  family  eat  their  meals,  the  young  brides  waiting  and  hovering  over  them,  there  was  this  scene  in a  drama  wherre  the  pregnant  daughter  in  law  was  refused  food  because  they  found out  she  was  married  before  and  not a  virgin,  there  was  one who  dictates  her  daughter  in  law  when  to  have  sex  ettc. etc.

Se Hee is story indeed interesting but nobody forget we are watching K-drama where the family is the most important thing. I dont except divorce from them if they do then reconcile will happen.  What i brother me is Se Hee husband's character. I mean he really did horrible thing how can he act like is everything is ok... It is bad writing or bad acting or both. I dont know. He have to show some emotional or noticeable sign. Anyway after 10 boring episode the drama become interesting.

Wow" I'm actually speechless after watching episode 17 with subs on how Se Hee husband HW had a vasectomy done and didn't tell her, while the whole time SH was thinking she was the problem trying to conceive smh. Oh that brother made sure he didn't want to produce anymore kids as I feel so sad for SH as she was crying and wanting to talk to her dad.

@suchadiva42 SH calling her dad and confiding in him, really showed us what strong bond and relationship they have. He was there for her unconditionally and without judgement. He didn't offer any solution but only said things to calm and praised her, I absolutely love the writer for that. In EP 18 she kept worrying about her mother and how she would tell her. This showed us how judgmental her mom could be. Having a hidden child, whom he was financially supporting is something SH could've worked on and forgave, but having a vasectomy and letting her believe and stress about being the cause for their infertility is unforgivable. I don't see how they can come back from this. 

2 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@suchadiva42 SH calling her dad and confiding in him, really showed us what strong bond and relationship they have. He was there for her unconditionally and without judgement. He didn't offer any solution but only said things to calm and praised her, I absolutely love the writer for that. In EP 18 she kept worrying about her mother and how she would tell her. This showed us how judgmental her mom could be. Having a hidden child, whom he was financially supporting is something SH could've worked on and forgave, but having a vasectomy and letting her believe and stress about being the cause for their infertility is unforgivable. I don't see how they can come back from this. 

I agree SH could've forgive hubby but having a vasectomy is another thing as you mentioned how SH and her father relationship is. but wait until her mother finds out and her reaction will be totally different and as I also praise the writer for episode 18 and hope it continues.

Wow  what an episode, I'm still reeling from ep 17 but at least ep 18 wasnt as heavy.  DAD is awesome.  He showed poise and dignity right up until he bit@# slapped SH husband.  Watching him supporting his daughter really made me miss my dad/  This year may will be 2 years since he passed.  Argh every wkend drama I watch has been heavy this week.  Well Ill be back later

i think  the  biggest  sin  of  seehee's  husband  is  not  telling  her  he  had  a  vasectormy  prior  to  their  marriage.  that  is  fraud.  in  duscussing  marriage,  children  naturally  crops  up  andhe  should  have  been  more  honest  he  cannot  have  kids.  having  a  kid prior  to  their  marriage  is not  so  bad  since  it  didn't  happen  while  they  were  married  though he  could  have  been  more  truthful  and  honest  about  the  whole  thing.  i  still  think  they  should s eparate,  divorce  and  seek another destiny.  can  someone  illuminate  me  if a  vasectomy  can  be  undone?

"Yeah, That's How It Is" Kim Yeong-hoon cries over Yoon Soy

Spoiler

photo711874.jpg

"Yeah, That's How It Is" Kim Yeong-hoon cried drunk.

On the eighteenth episode of the SBS weekend drama "Yeah, That's How It Is", Na Hyeon-woo (Kim Yeong-hoon) who was about to be divorced, cried calling Yoo Se-hee's (Yoon Soy) name.

Na Hyeon-woo couldn't help but suffer from pain after Yoo Se-hee and her father Yoo Jae-ho (Hong Yo-seob) found out about his hidden son.

Hyeon-woo was slapped by Yoo Jae-ho and was kicked out from the house by Yoo Se-hee. He got drunk and fell to the ground.

Na Hyeon-woo cried calling Se-hee's name and Yoo Se-hee sighed at the sight of him.

A part of me wants to drop this, and yet another part is still holding out hope that Yuri and SHyun will separate eventually. I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone would want to tolerate someone like YR. She annoys the heck out of me. How old is she to be behaving that way? I'm all for giving someone time to adjust, but her recent behavior (with the housekeeper ahjumma and her complaining about the household not eating enough meat) just smacks childishness to me. This is the girl who seemingly accepted SH's station in life, was insistent that she marry him because she loves him and even implied that she's willing to change.. and yet.. all I see is a wanna be princess who still wants to adhere to her old life. Being oblivious is one thing, but to be that brazen when talking to your in-laws (especially in SKorea) as though you'd ALWAYS be forgiven because you don't know the ways, is just incredibly ridiculous in my opinion. No one can be that stupid, right?

In Sweet 18, the girl there was only 18.. and yes, she was a little unconventional, compared to her 27(?) year old husband. She was a little childish and was oblivious to the norms of a traditional family (that her husband has), but the difference between her in Yuri is that she really tried her best to adhere to the rules of the family, and you can actually see her heart and sincerity in EVERYTHING that she did for hers and her husband's family.  To think that Yuri is probably in her mid or late twenties, and for her to be behaving like a child? While it's true that the heroine in Sweet 18 did grow up poor, and Yuri did grew up in luxury, maturity should still be prevalent as you grow older especially if you want to get married! Yuri has none of that. Gah. She grates on my nerves every single time she's on screen. I'm only watching this because I'm curious about Sehee's and Minho's storylines. 

I don't want even want Yuri to be redeemed. I absolutely abhor girls like her who uses feminine wiles to get their way. Sehyun's so stupid to be tolerating a girl like that. I noticed how he didn't exactly tell her he loves her whenever she'd bombard him with i-love-yous.. so that really did make me think. 

I hope the writer has them separate, I'd even go as far as to wish that a new girl (someone who's completely fun yet level-headed) enters SHyun's life after the separation. That's how much I hate Yuri. LOL

9 hours ago, lauren2b2 said:

i think  the  biggest  sin  of  seehee's  husband  is  not  telling  her  he  had  a  vasectormy  prior  to  their  marriage.  that  is  fraud.  in  duscussing  marriage,  children  naturally  crops  up  andhe  should  have  been  more  honest  he  cannot  have  kids.  having  a  kid prior  to  their  marriage  is not  so  bad  since  it  didn't  happen  while  they  were  married  though he  could  have  been  more  truthful  and  honest  about  the  whole  thing.  i  still  think  they  should s eparate,  divorce  and  seek another destiny.  can  someone  illuminate  me  if a  vasectomy  can  be  undone?

Yes he can and here's how.

Is a vasectomy reversal?
A vasectomy is considered a permanent method of birth control. Vasectomy reversal (vasovasostomy) reconnects the tubes (vas deferens) that were cut during a vasectomy. Vasectomy reversal is usually an outpatient procedure (without an overnight stay in the hospital).

It is interesting that in telling her father about the rupture of her marriage, Yoo Se Hee neglected to mention Hyeon Woo's vasectomy. Is she too ashamed of her husband to reveal it?  Perhaps, if it's not revealed to the family and the vasectomy is reversed,  the writer can redeem Hyeon Woo and save the marriage. 

Yu Ri is a different story.  I completely agree with Bella1025 -- Yu Ri is a major irritant to the women in the drama and to the women who are watching the drama. Perhaps the men would wise up if Yu Ri became the only woman available to serve them. Would gramps be so forgiving if she spilled hot tea over him? In any event, I have no idea where the writer is going with Yu Ri. I only hope we will not have to suffer through 42 more episodes of her.

Wow SH. She can be a pain 2 her mother omma is there and its nothing she can do 4 her daughter she is also hurting for and with SH but SH kicks her out while her weak husband is in the room hiding.

And yet SH is pitiful. As she is talking to SJ about her "friend'' problem with her husband she kept on laughing hahaha u know the fake laugh until she laughed and said its her story. She is so hurt its pitiful and sad 2 watch her act sometimes.

She really loved her husband and did so much 4 him 2 be treated so disrespectfully by him. He visted her family 3 times for a woman that loves her family thats awful yet she loved him. He wasnt working she gave him money...she treated him so well and he disrespected her made a mockery of their love and marriage and is still not sincerely apologetic at least 2 me. This writers work is usually not one thats solely fiction but of societal taboos or untouched scenarios so its sad that this crap really happens in society. That is just not confined to script or dramas but is actually possibly someones lifestory

How the he?$ can u forget u had a child?

On 4/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, bella1025 said:

A part of me wants to drop this, and yet another part is still holding out hope that Yuri and SHyun will separate eventually. I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone would want to tolerate someone like YR. She annoys the heck out of me. How old is she to be behaving that way? I'm all for giving someone time to adjust, but her recent behavior (with the housekeeper ahjumma and her complaining about the household not eating enough meat) just smacks childishness to me. This is the girl who seemingly accepted SH's station in life, was insistent that she marry him because she loves him and even implied that she's willing to change.. and yet.. all I see is a wanna be princess who still wants to adhere to her old life. Being oblivious is one thing, but to be that brazen when talking to your in-laws (especially in SKorea) as though you'd ALWAYS be forgiven because you don't know the ways, is just incredibly ridiculous in my opinion. No one can be that stupid, right?

In Sweet 18, the girl there was only 18.. and yes, she was a little unconventional, compared to her 27(?) year old husband. She was a little childish and was oblivious to the norms of a traditional family (that her husband has), but the difference between her in Yuri is that she really tried her best to adhere to the rules of the family, and you can actually see her heart and sincerity in EVERYTHING that she did for hers and her husband's family.  To think that Yuri is probably in her mid or late twenties, and for her to be behaving like a child? While it's true that the heroine in Sweet 18 did grow up poor, and Yuri did grew up in luxury, maturity should still be prevalent as you grow older especially if you want to get married! Yuri has none of that. Gah. She grates on my nerves every single time she's on screen. I'm only watching this because I'm curious about Sehee's and Minho's storylines. 

I don't want even want Yuri to be redeemed. I absolutely abhor girls like her who uses feminine wiles to get their way. Sehyun's so stupid to be tolerating a girl like that. I noticed how he didn't exactly tell her he loves her whenever she'd bombard him with i-love-yous.. so that really did make me think. 

I hope the writer has them separate, I'd even go as far as to wish that a new girl (someone who's completely fun yet level-headed) enters SHyun's life after the separation. That's how much I hate Yuri. LOL

I've been watching this drama off & on on the weekends (I'm watching several others as well). IMO, I don't see any chemistry whatsoever between Yuri & SHyun. I don't even know why they were paired up to begin with. Also, what are they planning to do with Seo Ji Hye's character. Is she just going to be be background fodder here and there in between scenes?

Archived