[Drama 2016] Yeah, That's How It Is 그래, 그런거야 | 对,就是那样 | SBS @8.45pm KST

-jade-

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just  watched  epi 13  and  it's  ;like  watching  the  day  to  day  living  of a multigeneration  family.  exactly  where  is  the  story leading  up  to. it  is  just plain  boring,  when  will  the  action  or  the  story  move  up.  there  was  this  scene  where  the  mother  asks herself  why does  my son  love  this  woman.  what  a  stupid  question,  love knows  no rhytmn,  rhyme  nor  reason.  love  is  the most  powerful  emotion  and  she  doesn't  know  it. this  drama  is  just  all  talk.  the  woman  the  young  doctor  wants  to  marry  is  simply  irritating,  her  voice,  her  cluelessness.  they're  both of  age  and  can  even  marry  without  their  parents; approval.  why not  go  ahead, live on  their  own  independent  from  their  parents.  can  their parents stop  their  wedding or  marriage  when they  are  bboth  of  age?

The writer reputedly maintains tight control over the script and the actors. Therefore, the portrayal of Yoo Ri as totally clueless and incapable of living independently should be the writer's take on her character.  The older women in the drama consider those traits obnoxious. The men see Yoo Ri as cute. Go figure! Se Hyun and Yoo Ri will probably need parental support if they struck out on their own.  The couple would have only one income to cover rent, food, crockery replacement, fire insurance, cell phone bills and Yoo Ri's fashionista must haves. I don't believe the drama has enough episodes to rehabilitate her.  Not that Se Hyun is anything to write home about. How will the writer ultimately reward Se Hyun's poor suffering mother who's been given   three difficult children, a spineless husband and a randy father-in-law? That's what this viewer is hanging in there for.

I just started watching this drama, and I'm on the 5th episode... and my only question is..

Is SeHyun seriously gonna end up with that annoying Yuri?!! I mean, CMON! Please warn me if it's already written in the stars.. because I'm ready to drop this if that's the case. 

P.S. Is Nam Gyu Ri's character a relative? Is there any way that she can end up with him instead? I'm grasping at straws here.. because her, I can tolerate. 

@bella1025.. from all the episode.he will married her for sure. they did brokeup&makeup alot.

she might have romance with her in-law youngest son. i dont think they both know they are relate. well atlase from the episode so far. i think she appear as much as the lead female

i rally wonder why YSY pick this drama up? she may be the lead in the drama. though the drama so far is all about the older people story. she hardy get screen time . she should have pick a revenge drama.

6 hours ago, dekaron said:

Lost interest around ep 8, maybe not my cup of tea. I did like one of the previous dramas of the writer "Chidless Comfort" and expected too much of the same.

at least  in 'childless comfort'  it  was  more  interesting  as it  is focused  on a  single mother  raising  her child with  all  kinds  of  objections.  we  see  all  the  dynamics  of  how  korean  society  look  at  unamrried  woman  with a  child.  in  western  society  and  in some  asian  countries,  it  is common  place  and  it  happens  even  in  the  best  families.  most  of  the  actors  in  childless  comfort  are here

im actually enjoying this drama very much, not dissatisfied at all.  YR and her mother are both annoying to me but maybe its what this family needs, not another quiet soul like JS.  Yesterday episode I was in love in with the family and the small ways they show respect for each other. Halarboji hurt himself was annoyed with Halmoni got up from the table and Appa and SJ stood up until he got into his room.  Halmoni came out to eat and they stood up until she sat, small things and courtesies that are being lost in today's manner-less world, I felt happy that they were portraying that.

YR is not the trouble to me in this family, its that sourpuss of a son SH.  There is only one shot of him smiling and it was when his mom and YR mom were meeting.  What is his problem?  Truthfully all this drama is his fault, he says he is first son and cannot move into his wife's house but is not filial to his family as he is always pushing to have his way and is not at all patient with his siblings and shows no concerns for his grandparents.  And if it meant something to him being first son then he should have picked a better candidate to be his wife other than YR.

The new nurse gets a lot of screen time, I wonder why?

7 hours ago, dekaron said:

Lost interest around ep 8, maybe not my cup of tea. I did like one of the previous dramas of the writer "Chidless Comfort" and expected too much of the same.

I love Childless Comfort too. It was very good. I guess we are in the same shoes - expecting as good as CC and her other works were. I've watched till ep 10 and so have few eps to catch up on. But I'm still hanging on though. The pace may pick up soon. However, this is a 60 eps drama, so writer is prob taking her time to unfold her plot. For me, it's so far so good though.

7 hours ago, denny said:

The writer reputedly maintains tight control over the script and the actors. Therefore, the portrayal of Yoo Ri as totally clueless and incapable of living independently should be the writer's take on her character.  The older women in the drama consider those traits obnoxious. The men see Yoo Ri as cute. Go figure! Se Hyun and Yoo Ri will probably need parental support if they struck out on their own.  The couple would have only one income to cover rent, food, crockery replacement, fire insurance, cell phone bills and Yoo Ri's fashionista must haves. I don't believe the drama has enough episodes to rehabilitate her.  Not that Se Hyun is anything to write home about. How will the writer ultimately reward Se Hyun's poor suffering mother who's been given   three difficult children, a spineless husband and a randy father-in-law? That's what this viewer is hanging in there for.

Hmm... spineless husband? I don't think he's as badly spineless as in being too kind and nice. As for always putting his dad and mom as his priorities, I think it just shows how big on filial piety writer KSH is. She's only reflecting on an asian cultural value that's deeply rooted. As far as randy goes, that's not it, though some have initially suspected something along that line may evolve. It is really about a DIL who has no dad's love and so is taking FIL as one, and vice versa, a FIL who has no daughter (and has since lost his only son and his beloved wife) and taking DIL as his daughter. I think we are seeing a relationship evolving for Min Ho with Kyung Ho's sushi restaurant staff Soo Mi. 

6 hours ago, bella1025 said:

Is SeHyun seriously gonna end up with that annoying Yuri?!! I mean, CMON! Please warn me if it's already written in the stars.. because I'm ready to drop this if that's the case. 

P.S. Is Nam Gyu Ri's character a relative? Is there any way that she can end up with him instead? I'm grasping at straws here.. because her, I can tolerate. 

LOL I know what you mean about Yoo Ri. Her character isn't one which make viewers want to like her. I'm not sure if she'll end up with Se Hyun, though I thought she will not. And I thought Ji Sun's lil sister Na Young will end up with him (since they were paired together during the presscon). But she has too many scenes with Se Joon, so maybe they will end up together instead. But it's all still too early to tell. YR+SH? NY+SJ? MH+SM? We'll just have to watch on to find out :P  My interest is actually on Se Hee and Hyun Woo at the moment, more than on Yoo Ri and Se Hyun or any other couple. And also on supermom Hye Kyung.

35 minutes ago, b2stsb2uty said:

small things and courtesies that are being lost in today's manner-less world,

I agree. The way this family gathers together, eat together, gossip together, the way the children cater to (the whims of) the elderly dad, and respect their elderly parents, that's something quite mundane but warm to watch. Am also enjoying this slow drama.

@badsmuler Good news indeed. Thanks chingu. Hopefully the ratings will keep rising. AJA Team YTHII :wub: (Btw, still plodding on with Family Honor. But very slowly, only at ep 5, since also watching other dramas. Any news on YJH's new project?)

omo from preview of ep 15 HW is keeping a secret...was that teenager his son? little brother?  and why is he hospital when he should be scoutng out a location?  what if he hasnt been working at a;; and just using that as a front to take of sick? who is the sick person?  oh its getting good-

in the previw for ep 15. is that SJ&NY in that kiss scene? i wonder how they will feel when they learn they are in-law.

i didnt know WJH play yoo ri in the drama. i use to like some of her drama like
PTB
BV
CUMK
i guess WJH just guss star if we go by the cast. it say she SH ex-girlfriend.
that coud mean YR&SH didnt get married after all.

i really hope the writer dont make both bro fighting for the same woman.so far SH only scene is with YR. while SJ scene is with NY. i really love SJ&NY scene. they both so cute together.sad their scene together is so little. i think they only have two scene together so far. though all of them are cute.

"Yeah, That's How It Is" Nam Gyoo-ri's bubbly character

2016/03/27

photo706435.jpg

Nam Gyoo-ri showed just how bubbly she is in "Yeah, That's How It Is".

On the fourteenth episode of the SBS drama "Yeah, That's How It Is", Yoo Se-hee (Yoon Soy) vented to Yoo So-hee (Shin So-yul) and Lee Na-yeong (Nam Gyoo-ri) about how upset she was to discover Han Hye-kyeong (Kim Hae-sook) trying to give up her room to Yoo Se-hyeon (Jo Han-seon) and his bride-to-be Yoo-ri (Wang Ji-hye).

Lee Na-yeong listened to Yoo Se-hee and said, "That's nothing. I went to see an audition and got my clothes torn up. Does this comfort you?"

Lee Na-yeong took Yoo Se-hee and Yoo So-hee to a karaoke and sang her heart out. However, the other two looked bored. Lee Na-yeong heated things up with some upbeat songs sang comically in Chinese, making them smile.

14 hours ago, b2stsb2uty said:

im actually enjoying this drama very much, not dissatisfied at all.  YR and her mother are both annoying to me but maybe its what this family needs, not another quiet soul like JS.  Yesterday episode I was in love in with the family and the small ways they show respect for each other. Halarboji hurt himself was annoyed with Halmoni got up from the table and Appa and SJ stood up until he got into his room.  Halmoni came out to eat and they stood up until she sat, small things and courtesies that are being lost in today's manner-less world, I felt happy that they were portraying that.

YR is not the trouble to me in this family, its that sourpuss of a son SH.  There is only one shot of him smiling and it was when his mom and YR mom were meeting.  What is his problem?  Truthfully all this drama is his fault, he says he is first son and cannot move into his wife's house but is not filial to his family as he is always pushing to have his way and is not at all patient with his siblings and shows no concerns for his grandparents.  And if it meant something to him being first son then he should have picked a better candidate to be his wife other than YR.

The new nurse gets a lot of screen time, I wonder why?

chingu I'm with u I'm actually enjoying this drama even though the pace is a little slow, I can deal with that which I'm slow myself when it's time to give my thoughts about this drama so no complaints here :D

YR is annoying but she's my girl I can't say too much about her it's just her whining needs to tone down a bit (acting like a baby isn't for me) but I see some stumbling blocks will be in the way of SH/YR relationship before they even say their vows.

I'm waiting and hoping to see a love interest for Yoo So Hee and Lee Ji Sun to spice up this drama a bit. And as for Lee Na Young she might be paired with Se Hyun little brother Yoo Se Joon after seeing the preview.

I think Yoo Se Hee husband Na Hyun Woo is hiding something as he lied to her that he was going to this place and ended up at that place, and the required mind wants to know who is that young boy he was talking to (what) his son, his little brother, or his mistress son, as I can't wait to see his reaction when SH confronts him.

And as for Yoo Kyung Ho the middle son, I don't like how he talks to his wife Ha Myung Ran like she doesn't exist. There's away to talk civilize and not being so rational with little things especially towards your spouse. I hope he changes his attitude towards his wife and also needs to stop blaming her for their daughter Yoo So Hee actions like when she comes home late.

Well I'm going to continue watching this drama til the end and see the outcome from everyone's storyline as well as their point of view :P

In an earlier post, I wrote: " How will the writer ultimately reward Se Hyun's poor suffering mother who's been given  three difficult children, a spineless husband and a randy father-in-law?".  By, "randy father-in-law", I was actually referring to gramps and his over-the-top obsession with eye candy. (Note, I do not mean over-the-line). This single minded fixation will probably take a hit because of his tumble down the staircase. Gramps' delayed realization that he's actually old, as played out in episode 14, is more than a bit poignant.

On 3/27/2016 at 5:24 PM, wunwing1 said:

@bella1025.. from all the episode.he will married her for sure. they did brokeup&makeup alot.

she might have romance with her in-law youngest son. i dont think they both know they are relate. well atlase from the episode so far. i think she appear as much as the lead female

i rally wonder why YSY pick this drama up? she may be the lead in the drama. though the drama so far is all about the older people story. she hardy get screen time . she should have pick a revenge drama.

No, SJ and NY know how they're related lol. In the first ep, they talk about the family memorial and she asks him to tell her sister to turn on her phone. But yea, they'll probably end up together.

I absolutely love how Kim Hae Sook is the main character and narrator of the drama You don't get many/any dramas where the main character is the mom aka a 50-60 year old woman. edit: oops, Kang Boo Ja wasn't in "Life is Beautiful" with KHS. Nvm. But I love their mother/daughter-in-law relationship as well.

It's also cool how all the young actresses are the same age -- Seo Ji Hae is an 84er and the rest are 85ers (although their characters range 30-35) -- so they probably got close through filming. There aren't that many actresses born 85-89 in the industry, so it's good to see them getting roles that are age appropriate.

Anyway, just started watching this because I'm a fan of writer KSH and have watched nearly all of her previous dramas, so hope to see ya'll in this thread often!

On 3/28/2016 at 8:41 AM, jadecloud said:

I love Childless Comfort too. It was very good. I guess we are in the same shoes - expecting as good as CC and her other works were. I've watched till ep 10 and so have few eps to catch up on. But I'm still hanging on though. The pace may pick up soon. However, this is a 60 eps drama, so writer is prob taking her time to unfold her plot. For me, it's so far so good though.

Hmm... spineless husband? I don't think he's as badly spineless as in being too kind and nice. As for always putting his dad and mom as his priorities, I think it just shows how big on filial piety writer KSH is. She's only reflecting on an asian cultural value that's deeply rooted. As far as randy goes, that's not it, though some have initially suspected something along that line may evolve. It is really about a DIL who has no dad's love and so is taking FIL as one, and vice versa, a FIL who has no daughter (and has since lost his only son and his beloved wife) and taking DIL as his daughter. I think we are seeing a relationship evolving for Min Ho with Kyung Ho's sushi restaurant staff Soo Mi. 

LOL I know what you mean about Yoo Ri. Her character isn't one which make viewers want to like her. I'm not sure if she'll end up with Se Hyun, though I thought she will not. And I thought Ji Sun's lil sister Na Young will end up with him (since they were paired together during the presscon). But she has too many scenes with Se Joon, so maybe they will end up together instead. But it's all still too early to tell. YR+SH? NY+SJ? MH+SM? We'll just have to watch on to find out :P  My interest is actually on Se Hee and Hyun Woo at the moment, more than on Yoo Ri and Se Hyun or any other couple. And also on supermom Hye Kyung.

I agree. The way this family gathers together, eat together, gossip together, the way the children cater to (the whims of) the elderly dad, and respect their elderly parents, that's something quite mundane but warm to watch. Am also enjoying this slow drama.

@badsmuler Good news indeed. Thanks chingu. Hopefully the ratings will keep rising. AJA Team YTHII :wub: (Btw, still plodding on with Family Honor. But very slowly, only at ep 5, since also watching other dramas. Any news on YJH's new project?)

@jadecloud...

I also like Childless Comfort and Thrice Married Woman... :heart::heart:

Still not have any YJH news yet... :bawling::bawling:

I really really miss her especially when i re-watch FH... :blush::blush:

@scout Hi and welcome to this thread the more the merrier so we don't mind u giving us your thoughts as well.

I like KHS as well she's a very good actress who can really play any role and I also like hoa she's the narrator in this drama but when she tells it I lol sometimes at her :D

Archived