[Drama 2016] Pied Piper 피리부는 사나이

larus

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police negotiators challenge the Pied Piper in tvN thriller

by javabeans | February 2, 2016 | 3 Comments

piedpiper_1.jpg

I knew to expect some darkness from Pied Piper, tvN’s upcoming drama about a police task force dealing in defusing volatile and sensitive situations (among them hostage crises and terrorist attacks), but I like just how dark and tense it looks, now that we have our first look at the series in its first poster and teaser. It’s actually such a short teaser clip that tvN’s calling it a pre-teaser, which seems a little redundant, but let’s roll with it.

The drama stars Shin Ha-kyun (Mr. Back) as a police negotiator, pictured in the poster bearing the rather ominous words “I will give you the power of violence to make the world listen to your words.”

He means power of violence as a metaphor, right, like through the words he negotiates with in his job as a negotiator whose purpose is to avoid violence and such as? The team’s goal is, after all, to resolve powder-keg situations through talking it out; the pied piper of the title refers those “monsters of society” and forces of opposition the team has to face off against.

Read more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/police-negotiators-challenge-the-pied-piper-in-tvn-thriller/

Definitely going to watch this. The kind of action thriller crime drama I want. SHK is kinda like Jack Ryan (HF character in Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, etc). Let's see how he negotiates with terrorist attacks, hostage situations.

New tvN drama ‘Pied Piper’ drops haunting poster and teaser video

Feb 2, 2016

Upcoming tvN Mon-Tue drama ‘Pied Piper’ has today (February 2nd) dropped a haunting teaser poster and video to hype up anticipation among viewers.

The poster caption read ‘I will bestow you with the violence that lets the whole world bow down to you,’ and the image of a man wearing a creepy mask left a huge impression.

73453-392622

The drama sees the reunion of Kim Hong Sun PD and writer Ryoo Yong Jae who last worked together on ‘Liar Game.’ ‘Pied Piper’ will be led by Shin Ha Kyun, Yu Jun Sang, and Jo Yoon Hee, and follow after ‘Cheese in the Trap’ this coming March.

Credit : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/02/new-tvn-drama-pied-piper-drops-haunting-poster-and-teaser-video/

Another drama I'm waiting for. That poster! I'm already waiting for Memory.. but this.. suspense action thriller. Team of negotiators.  I'm gonna be here! As mentioned previously, this is the kind of drama I like. Thanks for the drama update.

Wow thanks @larus for the pre-teaser and poster. I had no idea this was going to be dark and gritty. I should have had a clue since this is from the Liar Game team. I can't wait to watch Shin Ha Kyun in this role. It is going to take away "this drama is over melancholy" when Cheese in the Trap is done. 

Put your hands up for Pied Piper

by javabeans | February 8, 2016 | 20 Comments

piedpiper_prev29.jpg

What I’m getting from these teaser clips of tvN’s police-negotiator drama Pied Piper is mostly that this thriller hinges upon the force and charisma of Shin Ha-kyun, who plays the skilled lead negotiator of the unit that handles volatile, high-risk situations like hostage crises and terrorist threats. Which is fine by me, since you don’t cast Shin Ha-kyun and expect him to play second fiddle; he’s certainly capable of carrying a show all on his own.

Hopefully he’ll be backed up by solid directing and writing as well, though, with the Liar Game team at the helm. The teasers (the first two clips are mostly the same, with one just being the slightly longer version) feel rather calm and even-keel given the high-stakes plot, as the police team engages in a tense stand-off against terrorists armed with bombs. But I suppose the calmness is reflective of Shin Ha-kyun’s role as the cool and in-charge talker who remains in control of even the most dangerous situations.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/put-your-hands-up-for-pied-piper/

@40somethingahjumma exactly. Pied Piper will take over CITT slot while Memory will take over Signal slot.  Two dramas I'm waiting.. and then middle part of the week We-Thurs reserve for GMB ( mbc). And I'm happy viewer. :D

---------

Pied Piper. Shin Ha Kyun!

Cr. tvn 3월 7일 월요일 밤 11시 첫방송! Pied Piper on March 7, Monday night at 11: first broadcast!

Pied Piper stills: Cr: tvn feed

Ca6RHoiUMAAKZ5x.jpg

Spoiler

Ca6RFRdUMAA6S-N.jpg

Archived