Go Kyung Pyo ❤ Ryu Hye Young| Sunwoo ❤ Bora NOONA COUPLE| Reply 1988

GreenTeandSASHIMI

*waves* Hi SunBora shippers!

I'm not a fan of shipping wars, so instead, let me join and sail on the peaceful cruise that is Sunwoo and Bora. Really, it's sad that they're not more loved and appreciated in the main drama thread. Because like @GreenTeandSASHIMI said, they are really popular in DC Gallery, especially Bora's character.

It's so unfortunate that Bora is such a misunderstood character. Like Sunwoo said, under that tough exterior, she has a heart of gold just like her younger sister, DS!

I also love that the model student, student body president is secretly dating an older, college-student woman. ^^

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo!!! Welcome aboard @blue_angel_1004 !!! Im so glad that more SunBora shippers are slowly starting to trickle into this thread :) SunBora really didnt deserve the hate they received on the main thread because of the slow triangle progression (especially since they literally only took up 10 mins and 17 seconds of screen time in the last episode)! i feel like the impatience also associated with DF doing slow subs also contributes to the overall angst of international viewers and they take it out on the most smooth sailing ship >.< 

BR is my favorite character because she is so misunderstood but actually has a very warm considerate heart, and SW being that only one able to see this and appreciate it was what made me fall in love with the couple. AND also that side that you dont expect (this drama is full of unexpected surprises), which is exactly that SW is a model student class president, but little does anybody know that he's dating a badass noona college student protester who smokes and is not afraid to fight :P

I hope if you have time you could translate some of the interesting SunBora posts on DC because i see a lot of them with my korean alphabet knowledge, but just cant make out everything that they are saying. it would be appreciated TONS!!!!

OMG!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha I laugh so hard at this. Aigoooooooo... 

Download_2015_12_22_08_20_53_zpssvke6sck

GKP said in Happy Together, this is the embarrassing moment for him. Even now, he cannot look at this again. :D

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=338563&page=3&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%84%A0%EB%B3%B4%EB%9D%BC 

@blue_angel_1004 welcome to uri Sunbora thread :) I love reading your side information about Korea in the 1900s. It's really helpful for us to understand the drama more.

Like @GreenTeandSASHIMI said,  SunBora really didnt deserve the hate. But we can not help since her own sister, DS hates BR and annoys his SW-BR love too :))) We cant change their prejudice, especially those who refuse to understand the characters. But the most hateful thing is the way DS-JH/DS-Taek shippers blame SunBora for the slowness and frustration in their ship movement. 

Personally, I watch this show because of SunBora's unique love story (yes, a model son aka president of boy school student union and a bad temper sister next door aka high spirited university student) and for the special characteristic in both BR and SW. They have different ways to care for family but both showing great and strong connection to the parents' stories. We cant see that bond if we just focus on the main triangle and their husband hunting game (which is no longer fresh or creative after Rep97 and Rep94)

So, what I'm waiting/hoping for SunBora in this week episodes:

1- Another place for dating. Let them play baseball together and stop eating Udon :))

2- A talk about BR bad temper and her (career) decision and even SW's future plan.

3- SW knows about JH's feeling for DS while BR knows about DS's feeling for (anyone).

4- Breakup/ Seperation (distant love) and reunion. I'm with the theory of BR going to Harvard.

9 minutes ago, valNK said:

@blue_angel_1004 welcome to uri Sunbora thread :) I love reading your side information about Korea in the 1900s. It's really helpful for us to understand the drama more.

Like @GreenTeandSASHIMI said,  SunBora really didnt deserve the hate. But we cant not help since her own sister, DS hates BR and annoys his SW-BR love too :))) We cant change their prejudice, especially those who refuse to understand the characters. But the most hateful thing is the way DS-JH/DS-Taek shippers blame SunBora for the slowness and frustration in their ship movement. 

Personally, I watch this show because of SunBora's unique love story (yes, a model son aka president of boy school student union and a bad temper sister next door aka high spirited university student) and for the special characteristic in both BR and SW. They have different ways to care for family but both showing great and strong connection to the parents' stories. We cant see that bond if we just focus on the main triangle and their husband hunting game (which is no longer fresh or creative after Rep97 and Rep94)

So, what I'm waiting/hoping for SunBora in this week episodes:

1- Another place for dating. Let them play baseball together and stop eating Udon :))

2- A talk about BR bad temper and her (career) decision and even SW's future plan.

3- SW knows about JH's feeling for DS while BR knows about DS's feeling for (anyone).

4- Breakup/ Seperation (distant love) and reunion. I'm with the theory of BR going to Harvard.

me too!..pls writer-nim, let BR go for harvard. Lalalalala~~ Let they talk about their future plans too~~~

Well, I've read some K-netizen Comment translation about GKP and.... uhhh... It seems like he has a lot of anti fans for his past scandals on SNS (he criticized Park Yoo Chun and Suzy, idol turn actor, and now working with Hye Ri,who is also an idol). So they say that he's a 2-face person who isnt wise when talking in public. It effects a lot on audiences' prejudice when they watch his role SW on Reply 1988. Too much attention on the love triangle and husband hunting game is another reason they ignore the role of SW in the story as well as GKP acting skill. I hate hearing them saying that the shadow of PBG and RJY already blurred GKP (Since personally, I think his acting is the best among the young casts)

What a pity for him. So no wonder his IG was blocked for awhile. In this world, actually, there's no freedom of speech if you want to live in peace. (especially when you're celebrity). 

However, keep the faith on uri ship. Since GKP and RHY are both talented actors in their ages.

@vaINK you know what, actually those who are comment is just 1% from the whole netizen.. most of netizen sometimes never knew his past scandal.. they watch his drama and based the talent itself. Some of the comment said GKP is very opinioted..he is very frank and said what he thought. This kind of attitude actually very good for an artist. He also still young and have some rebel side. Knetizene really love to judge person. Thats aspect sometime make me turnoff from Korean people as a whole.

Found this clip on DC. It's GKP latest interview for Instyle.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=340954&page=4&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%84%A0%EB%B3%B4%EB%9D%BC

When they asked him to choose between DS and BR, he chose BR. Between HyeRi and HyeYoung, he chose Hye Young. Between older and younger partner, he chose older. But when they asked if he was DS, who would he choose between JH and Taek, he chose SW =))))

Tvn's official instagram account posted this, i thought it was cute :P

The text is from a lyrics by Lee Seung Gi's 'because you're my girl (noona)'
Nuna, you're a woman to me
Nuna, because you're my girl ~
Im gonna call you you (informally) 

Nuna, can I speak informally to you? -> this is not from this song lyric but something relate to Sunwoo.

------------------------------------------------------

Everyone know this song? It's the song that help Lee Seung Gi gets a lot of nuna fans. Check it out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL08L96wxyE) the lyrics are cute and so applicable to our Sunwoo :D

@vaINK the interview is video right? Cannot loading in my phone TT. 

@kaqueski i love that songs..really suitable for

BR-SW relationship..hehe..

Bdw, fedup for people that comment cannot accept nuna donseng rltship.. cause BR is college and SW highschool but for JuBong ManOk they said its cute..

Huh:angry:

@valNK they talk like they did not have done any wrong before. Lol. there is one incident about his preference in liking someone that is not the winner ( reality show in korea, dont remember which show), they argue with him why he like he/ she. Then the war of comment between GKP and netizen happen. Bla bla bla bla. I dont know how it end, but yes he did gain some hatred from it too. Well, it his matter of preference, I cannot digest whyyyyyyyy they want to argue with him about that. Haihhhhhhh, but I dont think that is serious enough to hate him?. If the problem is too serious they will not cast him!

I found that the 10min screen time irritated some of viewer, to the point they want the production to cut their screen time as a good sign. That means they leave a strong impression. Lalalalalala. 

That article about comment for RHY in pictorial is ridiculous? Heh, bluntly said someone is ugly. Lol, that why they cast her as BR. It state that BR is ugly compare to DS, dont you know it?. Duhhhh. No, of course in my eyes RHY is beautiful. Aigoooo do all actress have to be beautiful? Then who will act as ugly woman in drama and movie? Well we live in a world consist of beautiful people only, that why all the dramas and movies must be acted by beautiful actress. Then I will buy ticket 1 way to mars (insert rolling eyes). 

I believe this is their private acc? All that I know RHY private her twitter and her twitter name is ryuh0. I dont know about GKP. Hehehe. Pls, can some one translate this? Thank you!!!! :):):):) 

Now I  cannot find this picture in RHY insta. Previously this picture is present in her insta. Hehh???

Archived