Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

21 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Just finished watching Episode 19. Can we discuss about the first kiss and what DS meant about the word "awkward"? The word is so heavy and fraught with meaning. It's been niggling at me for a while now. Did she mean, if she'd confronted TK about it then and there.. he'd dismiss it as something trivial like a child's play? She'd already dismissed herself as nobody when TK ditched their date. Was that it.. was she afraid to find out it wasn't anything special? Or she wasn't anything special to TK? You're hogu, like Ja Hyun said to her. What do you think?

I think it's simple. They have always been friends, and they had no experience with dating at all. I think she was just scared that things would change and she didn't know what to do. And I think when Taek said 'it's a relief,' that was it for her I guess.

By the way, I can't believe myself that I've always thought JH would be the husband. I should have know that Taek is the husband, when Dukseon wore the gloves Taek bought. :bawling:  :heart: My sweet child.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, gamshe said:

I think it's simple. They have always been friends, and they had no experience with dating at all. I think she was just scared that things would change and she didn't know what to do. And I think when Taek said 'it's a relief,' that was it for her I guess.

By the way, I can't believe myself that I've always thought JH would be the husband. I should have know that Taek is the husband, when Dukseon wore the gloves Taek bought. :bawling:  :heart: My sweet child.

Hi @gamshe .. thanks for sharing your insight. That too, I considered. But this girl was so ready to jump into a romantic relationship chasing after SW and JH and all .. this shift in the relationship would have been a welcome change. I mean kiss ---> romance.. but this scared her a lot so much so she lied to maintain the status quo. TK really must be in a whole different level to her than the other guys.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, gamshe said:

I reckon back in 1989, Taek also wouldn't have done anything if DeokSun had said it wasn't a dream. In keeping with his character, he had to resolve things with JungHwan first - man to man - before he could move ahead with DeokSun, hence the sequence of events in 1994: he went to the airbase first to talk to JungHwan (however men define "talk", hahaha...) and then in the hotel, when there seemed to be no other obstacle left except themselves, that's when Taek took the relationship forward.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kepogee said:

@PBJayism AHHHHH IM SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE!!!! *happy dance* 

Let me highlight what i love your post (huhuhuh just like good all cider days - i'll have to drag others who are taek shippers out of the hiding). 

I'm annoyed with people who are disregarding Taek's feelings, just because it's not as dramatic, it doesn't mean it's just as less. He was suffering too, but in his own way. It wasn't seen on-screen so people tend to dismiss it: his dependency with sleeping pills increased so much in the last 4/5 years hiding his love for DS. Isn't it lovely when adult!Taek said the best thing about finally dating DS is not taking sleeping pills? Makes the world a better place. 

But most importantly, i'm angry at people who never thought what DS felt: there was a clear distinction of how she reacted with SW/JH vs Taek. People just refuse to see her reactions/actions. 

Well I guess I'm one of the TaekSun shippers coming out of hiding then? LOLOL yay for familiar faces, and most importantly yay for happy ciders! 

The beauty of this pairing is that we can rest absolutely certain that DS was given a choice. That she considered all of her options with equal measure (one might argue that JH got more chances than Taek did) and in the end decided to be with the person she loved. She grew from being a teenager in love with the idea of love to a beautiful woman who was as caring as the girl, but also responsible and self-aware in ways that the teenage Deok Sun never was. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Sung Deok Sun is more than a vessel for either boy's happiness. I'm just (not so secretly anymore) ecstatic that her happiness is with Taek. 

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, pixiemoondust said:

Hi @gamshe .. thanks for sharing your insight. That too, I considered. But this girl was so ready to jump into a romantic relationship chasing after SW and JH and all .. this shift in the relationship would have been a welcome change. I mean kiss ---> romance.. but this scared her a lot so much so she lied to maintain the status quo. TK really must be in a whole different level to her than the other guys.

I really don't think that Dukseon thought anything about dating SW and JH. She just liked the idea of being loved by anyone (as a fellow shipper told about it above), and they were the options haha. Yeah I think that too, Taek was really something different ^^ If the other boys confessed to her and they started to date, i think she would just go with the flow. She just didn't know what to do because it is something bigger. :bawling:

• Like 8

On 1/18/2016 at 6:49 PM, mangachickava said:

are any of you going to be slightly active on PBG soompi thread??

also NJ and Trash supporters can speak to this but they got a lot of hate at the end as well so its kinda to be expected?

@kepogee can you link the video with 2 m views??

As a Nareki fan, I can tell you that there were tons of angry mobs after the show ended. LOL. I never understood why because the show was about Najung's unwavering love for Trash oppa. He was always there for her when she needed him most. The reason why I love Trash oppa so much is that, he made the decision at such a young tender age to become her sole supporter and her parents strength. That just says so much about his character as a person, his only downside was that he was dirty. Hahaha. 

This is why I also love Taek so much. There was so much depth to his character(PBG is soooo amazing!) He didn't get much screen time at the beginning but when he was shown, he was so good. Unlike the others, he is never around yet because of how mature he is mentally, he always knew what to say and do in different situations with his friends, his father,  the other parents, etc.

I love Junghwan but like Chilbong, he just wasn't the one. Najung had her heart set on oppa long before Chilbong came into the picture. Junghwan had all the chances in the world to win Deoksun but he frustratingly squandered all of them. I think what makes Junghwan great was his relationship with his family and not necessarily his budding crush on Deoksun. The feels that I have when he's trying to cheer his mother or his brother, tear jerker! His feelings for Deoksun, yeah it was cute at first, heart tugging,  but I think its because all of us remembers our first love like that or expect it to be like that. There just wasn't enough between the two to build on, Deoksun doesn't want his gruff like responses, and he wasn't ready to change his way publicly for her hence the stand still for romance.

This is why I sort of felt that Taek was the one for Deoksun. He was the only one that she responded to with so much heart, she never once had to change herself for him. When she needed someone to cheer her up, Taek was the one. When Taek needed a shoulder to lean on, she was there. ;) And was I the only one to notice how much, Deoksun amd Taek held hands? I felt that was a sign, he was either holding, or she was leading the way for him. I could go on and on but the end speaks for itself.  Taek has always love her, as a friend, a girlfriend and his wife. :)

Anyway, thank you to everyone for allowing me to join in the fun talk! The end was soooooo bittersweet but the journey definitely was worth it.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, pixiemoondust said:

Just finished watching Episode 19. Can we discuss about the first kiss and what DS meant about the word "awkward"? The word is so heavy and fraught with meaning. It's been niggling at me for a while now. Did she mean, if she'd confronted TK about it then and there.. he'd dismiss it as something trivial like a child's play? She'd already dismissed herself as nobody when TK ditched their date. Was that it.. was she afraid to find out it wasn't anything special? Or she wasn't anything special to TK? You're hogu, like Ja Hyun said to her. Apart from living her own life/experience things young adults do, was dating a lot of guys her driving force to show TK she was worth it? What do you think?

I thought she looked a little hurt when he said thank goodness it was only a dream.  I think she didn't want to ruin their friendship, but I also can see it as she didn't know if he thought it was anything special. It goes back to her liking someone who doesn't like her. She still liked him despite thinking he might not like her, or that she wasn't good enough for him.   I don't think she dated guys to show Taek she was worth it, but more to try to forget him.  Date others to see if she can feel that spark she felt with Taek.  It obviously never happened.  

And Taek really is on another level than her other friends.  She was willing and eager to date them at the slightest show of affection (and for SW's case it wasn't anything special), or she bragged about that middle school friend liking her, but Taek actually kissed her and she totally backed off.  It scared her in more ways than one. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, pixiemoondust said:

Just finished watching Episode 19. Can we discuss about the first kiss and what DS meant about the word "awkward"? The word is so heavy and fraught with meaning. It's been niggling at me for a while now. Did she mean, if she'd confronted TK about it then and there.. he'd dismiss it as something trivial like a child's play? She'd already dismissed herself as nobody when TK ditched their date. Was that it.. was she afraid to find out it wasn't anything special? Or she wasn't anything special to TK? You're hogu, like Ja Hyun said to her. Apart from living her own life/experience things young adults do, was dating a lot of guys her driving force to show TK she was worth it? What do you think?

I haven't seen the scene with subs, but i've read the translation (lmao contradicting but you know what i mean). 

Anyway the way I understood it. People in general use the word 'awkward' when there is a big elephant in the room that they couldn't resolve out in the open or when something happened and people are not sure how to proceed. In deoksun's case maybe she means awkward this way: there is a feeling or an emotion that she is bothered about and she doesn't know how to proceed with it. If i remember correctly, she continued her explanation with, "I can never imagine being awkward with you." This might imply, that she is willing to forget the kiss if it will cost losing his friendship, because she doesn't want HER feelings to be the reason of not having Taek's friendship. Having Taek in her life is better than not having him at all. 

However, as non-native speaker, I want to know when deoksun said "But..." Taek immediately swooped in for the kiss. Was the "But..." a prelude used by most Koreans to a positive remark like "But... i can't take it anymore Taek-ah. I like you."?

Edited by kepogee
grammar
  • Like 10

I enjoy this discussion.

Agreed that if TK did not end up with DS, he will always be in between her and her man, not only JH, but any other man because he's always her priority.

When I watched the beach scene, it was weird thinking that why TK sat in the middle of DS and JH, and Bora got angry at that, since TK blocking her view.. TK lowered down his head was funny, but there's another option which TK and DS could switched places, since DS is shorter than TK, so BR wont have that problem anymore... but then, they never did that.. and carry on with their trip down to the beach...

SW and JH worked hard to drag DR back home but TK and DS, as usual, were in their own world, just there to enjoy the view and snacks.. lol

• Like 18

Do you suppose Taek was planning to confess at the hotel when he asked DeokSun to dinner? He looked so disappointed when they bumped into the others and were obliged to go for dinner with them... social pressure to interact at group dinners and such is so strong in Korea. So tiresome, no?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Do you suppose Taek was planning to confess at the hotel when he asked DeokSun to dinner? He looked so disappointed when they bumped into the others and were obliged to go for dinner with them... social pressure to interact at group dinners and such is so strong in Korea. So tiresome, no?

They def. wanted to be alone lol.  I'm not sure if he was going to confess, but she definitely had something on her mind. I know the dream kiss was an accident to mention, but she had to be thinking of it a lot to let it slip. 

1 hour ago, alayna said:

SW and JH worked hard to drag DR back home but TK and DS, as usual, were in their own world, just there to enjoy the view and snacks.. lol

That's such a good point. At the time I was like, "why are letting her be alone with Taek  JH, you are dumb", but really JH didn't have a choice in the matter.  DS naturally gravitated to Taek and made her choice to sit with him, and enjoy the snacks away from the rest of them.  

And you guys realize this was again during her crush and AFTER he said don't go on the blind date.  So she thought JH liked her, but  didn't complain she couldn't go home with him or that she was stuck with Taek.  She enjoyed her time with him. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kepogee said:

I haven't seen the scene with subs, but i've read the translation (lmao contradicting but you know what i mean). 

Anyway the way I understood it. People in general use the word 'awkward' when there is a big elephant in the room that they couldn't resolve out in the open or when something happened and people are not sure how to proceed. In deoksun's case maybe she means awkward this way: there is a feeling or an emotion that she is bothered about and she doesn't know how to proceed with it. If i remember correctly, she continued her explanation with, "I can never imagine being awkward with you." This might imply, that she is willing to forget the kiss if it will cost losing his friendship, because she doesn't want HER feelings to be the reason of not having Taek's friendship. Having Taek in her life is better than not having him at all. 

However, as non-native speaker, I want to know when deoksun said "But..." Taek immediately swooped in for the kiss. Was the "But..." a prelude used by most Koreans to a positive remark like "But... i can't take it anymore Taek-ah. I like you."?

I think Taek took his chances when he kissed Deoksun after Deoksun said "but" in the hotel scene

Like Deoksun previously said that she did feel awkward after their kiss and implied that she did have feeling for him in the past. Then Taek asked "what about now?" I think Taek refer to what he kissed her now. And when deoksun said it would still awkward, Taek took his chances to kiss deoksun and clarified her feeling for him 

• Like 8

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2016/01/hyeri-to-be-special-mc-on-inkigayo.html

Hyeri to be a special MC on 'Inkigayo'

1. [+1,599, -82] Dongryong: Deoksun-ah, where are you? Take me with you too~ Do you hear me Deoksun-ah?

2. [+1,141, -133] Wow.. She's indeed the trend. Reply brought her good thingsㅋㅋ Hit daebak with your activities. Cheering you on^^

3. [+761, -90] She was great when she MCed for 'The Show'. Deoksun's the trend~~

4. [+584, -71] Pretty sure she'll say "It's great to see you, it's great to see you"

5. [+518, -101] CFs, music activities, MC gigs and dramas. She's definitely the it girl!!!

6. [+242, -39] Go to Music Bank and MC with Taek

7. [+185, -33] You should go to KBS so that you can MC with Park Bogum

8. [+124, -19] It would be awesome if she MCs with Bogum-ssi on Music Bank!

9. [+118, -23] It would be funny if she MCs with Park Bogumㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+61, -12] So lovely to see her working diligently

SAME. 

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I think they just wanted to spend time alone. When you love someone, you know :blush: ahhh i still can't believe they are endgame :bawling:

8 minutes ago, powerpuff94 said:

I think Taek took his chances when he kissed Deoksun after Deoksun said "but" in the hotel scene

Like Deoksun previously said that she did feel awkward after their kiss and implied that she did have feeling for him in the past. Then Taek asked "what about now?" I think Taek refer to what he kissed her now. And when deoksun said it would still awkward, Taek took his chances to kiss deoksun and clarified her feeling for him 

I just love that moment so much. Taek wanting to clarify her feelings, and not doing anything before she said 'but', which shows some contradiction between her feelings and letting Taek going close. The feels are coming to me omg, Taek crying when he found out that he has been waiting for years over nothing, if he knew the kiss was real before, they probably would have done this conversation before. :bawling:

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, gamshe said:

I think they just wanted to spend time alone. When you love someone, you know :blush: ahhh i still can't believe they are endgame :bawling:

I just love that moment so much. Taek wanting to clarify her feelings, and not doing anything before she said 'but', which shows some contradiction between her feelings and letting Taek going close. The feels are coming to me omg, Taek crying when he found out that he has been waiting for years over nothing, if he knew the kiss was real before, they probably would have done this conversation before. :bawling:

He couldn't move ahead because of his over-consideration for JungHwan. I think if in his youth he had been more confident of broaching the topic with JungHwan, something might have happened sooner. 

• Like 7