Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, salz said:

hahahahaha lmao im glad im not drinking reading this one XD

i remember saw in twitter their real ending version, Jungpal is killed then Taek give her the Jungpal ring and use it as necklace and so on crazy theory..for them it the best ending...im like what drama are they even talking about since when Reply turn into makjang..i guess those people get loss and confuse TVN for KBS/MBC/SBS lol hope someone show them way back to their origin

i don't remember even hardcore CB fans ever go as far to kill CB?seriously JH ship is scary as heck

Seriously they are the one who make JH looks pitiful. In my eyes, JH has his happy ending. He proved himself as a good friend and good son, he is success in his career, he moves on from his first love and gave his blessing to Taek and DS and he is happy. But many of his shipper make him looks like a loser in life who lose his dream to his brother, lose his girl to his friend bla bla bla. 

They keep arguing that DS's future husband acted like JH, not Taek. Honestly I even can't see the similarity between young DS and future DS.

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@hafunohane though already made a list showing their similarity right? Maybe we could compile now a written list lol.Yeah it's absurd how much the sequences match.But as @hafunohane said them being born on the same date must have  been a foretelling for us.But we were too busy with the narrow alley right? And the 'tsundere' cyclone effect =/.I think even iron man did not have as much fan following back then when Jungpal 'arrived' haha [pun intended].On the call of crazy,remember how future Deok Sun said,I must have momentarily gone crazy agreeing to marry him/fall for him lol.That'sther call to the baduk genius Choi Taek,but again that was all 'nonsense' to us back then.I would be missing this writer too much,and I don't really want her to write any mystery noir kind.Just keep writing romantic sequels for Reply' writer-nim.You marvel at this.:rolleyes:

haha tbh the thread moving fast in the past i don't even remember who did what list lol..i think it did get mention in the past but not in much detail how so much similarity what SW&DS done for their other half..well for SW fortunately all his effort being call romantic while uri poor DS being call as TK mom/sister/wtv lol XD

yes she call herself crazy to marry him and then ep10 we got her saying it again they must be crazy joking about them though she also said she is lucky to get Taek :P 

well back then even if i already have feel since ep2 the moment she jokingly ask him to grow up and marry her(yes grow up manlier and hotter to claim DS), Taek having heart to heart talk with DS appa&most important the childhood narration focus on Taek meeting the kids for 1st time conveniently after 1st ep ending asking how she meet her husband...like all the answer already being answered at ep2 and i notice it but because no one seem to put Taek as the husband contender at the time and everyone just so convinced it gonna be JH so i just keep quiet and thought im just thinking too much and it might just be writer trolling since it wouldn't be that obvious...i thought JH gonna get his own heart to heart talk with DS appa later on which never happen or he will have his own childhood narration involving DS but it also never happen and the only childhood JH we get is when he with the gang and he even talk about the gang in his diary not just DS...

so yeah im just trolling myself for thinking the real answer is just a troll when it really is the freaking answer being given as early as ep2 but we too blind with the game lol..even in ep9 the moment they reveal Taek is smoker pretty much game over and we only waiting for the love to blossom...but because we are Taektanic and keeping low expectation till the end so we end up not believing all the real clues pointing to Taek..seriously this writer is too good at playing with our head even she already give the answer very obvious but we choose to not believe when we have every reason to be confidence lol...

all this what make the drama interesting :P 

• Like 8

I reread the threads relating to reply...and I think if jh-ds shipper went back to page 90 of their thread until page 300 they would probably realize that without realizing they already wrote why Junghwan is not the husband.

Common topic in the thread:

1. There is no movement in their romance

2. She always spends time with TK. She really likes TK (motherly, sisterly, friendly...lol)

3. There is no screentime of JH-DS together and basically no development at all

4. DS is not a whimsical girl. She knows who she likes.

5. Junghwan is doing nothing. He is so frustrating. 

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, kilaalaa said:

As requested by @packmule3 and @hafunohane, some translations of DS diary entries in 1988. Could only find a clear copy of these two entries (its before and after the page that was torn by DS). 

3531146403_6bc3c840.jpg

Diary entry on the left

We had pizza in Taek's room today. We were talking about the first snow this year when SW said that he has someone that he likes but couldn't manage to confess to her yet. So I told him that he should confess to her on the day of the first snow. I was really nervous. I think soon it will be the day of SW's confession. I've been sleepless trying to think of how to confess to SW. I'm sure SW must be thinking of the same too. 

Diary entry on the right - 1988 December 11

Christmas is coming. I've made plans to go to Apgujeong Macdonalds with Man Ok and Jo Hyun. The three of us are going as single girls without boyfriends, but I think everyone else around us will be couples right? Even then, we'll have fun without feeling embarrassed. When will I finally 

This is great! Had anyone actually translated the piece of paper she tore out? I want to know how much taek knows, ha.Thanks so much

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rynn_peace said:

Seriously they are the one who make JH looks pitiful. In my eyes, JH has his happy ending. He proved himself as a good friend and good son, he is success in his career, he moves on from his first love and gave his blessing to Taek and DS and he is happy. But many of his shipper make him looks like a loser in life who lose his dream to his brother, lose his girl to his friend bla bla bla. 

They keep arguing that DS's future husband acted like JH, not Taek. Honestly I even can't see the similarity between young DS and future DS.

yes for me there nothing pitiful of JH...

he have good ending for himself...his hesitation is his own choice..after years of hesitation finally he realize his own mistake that cost him for losing the girl he like...but he don't blame anyone but himself since he know what when wrong and admit his mistake like the cool man he is..

for me im extremely proud of him being the bigger guy, keeping their friendship and giving the green light for Taek to pursue DS..for me he have zero regret..at the end he still have his precious friend, his family is still as loving as ever and he also becoming a better friend&son in the process.like DS say in beginning he not yet a human but we see his process turning into human XD all the experience help turn Kim Jung Hwan into an amazing man so i don't see what is pitiful about him and what justice people need to seek for him except for maybe he deserve more screentime(since i don't mind Jung Bong last ep screentime given to JH or DR since it too dragging lol)

he is strong guy who will do fine on his own pretty much what the fortune teller(the voice of reason of the writer tbh)

1978 DS - 1989-1994 DS - 2015-2016 DS all is different lol..i don't see the little DS is anything like the teenager and adult DS too she just grown up ...adult DS is different since she already an adult i don't see her to act the same way she is when she young..it just more the adult mannerism since she already in 40s already taste the married life, maybe having kids and she much calmer maybe influence from Taek..

same for Taek...can anyone say ep1 Taek is the same Taek in ep20? i don't think so..he already change a lot he no longer the same boy from ep1 except for of course he can still be cute, still lending money, even in 2016 he still can't open the biscuit tin...even Taek dad say before coming to Ssamundong Taek is not an introvert kid but he change..so i guess after get together with DS he change back to his former old non-introvert self since he have good reason to be happy man..

he is much mature, manlier, learnt to say bad word,even curse, sharing his dry joke which sometime DS might misunderstand as insult but it just his dry humor,he get angry, and so on...if 1988 to 1994 Taek can change so much in 6 years so why would we be surprised he would change even more almost around 30 years late...he no longer have any reason to be depressed,sensitive,introvert,taking pill,no longer alone and being married with DS all the years definitely influenced him so much more....like he say he like the present, he like the sunshine and raindrop,he is more positive in thinking

you can say after years of marriage they influenced each other that DS become calmer and Taek become a more happier and positive man

edit: btw people are focusing wayyyy too much on appearance of adult actor...ALL of them look nothing like the younger actors counterpart  Taek, DS, BR, and especially No eul ...even Lee Mi Yeon already appear as herself in 1988 lol of course she and Hyeri look nothing alike at that age..

so people should stop comparing the look of future actor vs current actor because all is different...like packmule say what people should focus is their dialogue and inside joke that parallel to the past

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, kilaalaa said:

As requested by @packmule3 and @hafunohane, some translations of DS diary entries in 1988. Could only find a clear copy of these two entries (its before and after the page that was torn by DS). 

Diary entry on the left

We had pizza in Taek's room today. We were talking about the first snow this year when SW said that he has someone that he likes but couldn't manage to confess to her yet. So I told him that he should confess to her on the day of the first snow. I was really nervous. I think soon it will be the day of SW's confession. I've been sleepless trying to think of how to confess to SW. I'm sure SW must be thinking of the same too. 

Diary entry on the right - 1988 December 11

Christmas is coming. I've made plans to go to Apgujeong Macdonalds with Man Ok and Jo Hyun. The three of us are going as single girls without boyfriends, but I think everyone else around us will be couples right? Even then, we'll have fun without feeling embarrassed. When will I finally get a boyfriend?

_____

Shin Won Ho PD is really cruel to JH... LOL

Thank you for the translation! LOL she didn't even mention JH at all about mcdonalds

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, glittergold said:

Thank you for the translation! LOL she didn't even mention JH at all about mcdonalds

Actually I think the diary entry was before the Apgujeong Macdonalds trip, which is why she didn't mention JH. But still, I guess they make it obvious that DS at that time just really wanted a boyfriend....

• Like 11

1 minute ago, glittergold said:

i don't think she ever mention about crushing to JH in her diary lol compare to how excited she is when she think she like SW but different treatment to JH...

like if her friend not giving the idea it feel like JH have zero chance since he not even in DS radar..even when JH give the glove she don't even look touched only confuse, when he come to McDonald she just look confuse and feel weird why he come, when he want to go to Lee Mon Sae concert alone she don't want at first but only go after he insist but she still feel nothing but only confuse of his action..it only after her friend telling he like her&she test him about blind date that she get excited about JH but rather than she like him it more she like the idea having someone to like her and finally have boyfriend like normal girl....but she never care enough like did she ever give JH his manito gift, she don't even choose herself the birthday gift to impress JH while she can remember everything Man Ok like and for Taek of course she want to do and know everything about him&scared to lose him when she realized her feeling but she have no problem to be with SW/JH...

if need to rank in the F4 who DS always like the most gonna be 1. Taek 2. DR 3. SW&JH

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, kilaalaa said:

The page that DS tore out.

1988 December 9

[Sorry lazy to attach screencap]

Today was the day of the first snow. It was the worst day of my life. They said if you confess on the day of the first snow, the chances of success is 90%. I sent so many postcards to Lee Moon Sae's Starry Night radio program and waited so long for this day to confess to SW... In the end, my first love was like the first snow that was blown away. Did SW even know my heart? I think this must be just lingering attachment (to SW). I had believed that my chances of success was 90%, even 180%, but in the end my confession was part of the 10% failure rate. A person who loves me...where is he? Is there such a person? Its a lonely and solitary winter night tonight. 

Aah..this.So romantic lol.Thanks @kilaalaa.

Btw I was listening to the osts from AM'1988.Have to say compared to kpop and all the sweet melodies from korean music these days,the songs from the past sound more touching and earnest.Though I am not even checking the lyrics,but the music and the voices are so much in sync,whatever they're saying seems to be conveyed sincerely..like this one here:

**Okay this is from TK's favorite band Deulgukhwa lol.The song title :After Love'.

• Like 9

@hafunohane

yayyy thank you...im too lazy to backtrack to find since we have 300+ pages lol

haha i love their cute umbrella scene (smh at people who refuse to call that umbrella scene who say we need rain and big umbrella)

btw i think most obvious color clue is JH gate is blue and TK is green since day 1 lol

hahaha pink MVP..he true MVP indeed because pink is our couple fav color lol

• Like 6

@salz The fact that she's over him,or she does not have that kind of feeling for him anymore,cements the belief that what she had for JH was something fickling,and product of the seasons,and that time/age.I doubt even if TK was not there in the picture,would JH come forward and confess to her? I mean until TK said out loud he likes her as a woman,would JH have the dire need to confess to her? Like the way TK confided in SW that 'without DS he feels like dying,' Was it that much serious for JH? Why did he need someone in the picture to understand how much important Deok Sun is to him? Until TK voiced in front of all his friends how he sees DS,JH was kind of happily living his life right? Not like someone who's 'In Love' would act..HE could not eat,breathe,sleep when he got to know that DS likes SW.But how could he live in peace when the girl he loves is in front of him all the time,and still he does not want to confess to her as soon as possible? I don't the see the necessity,the urgency in him..until TK was in the picture.

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@salz The fact that she's over him,or she does not have that kind of feeling for him anymore,cements the belief that what she had for JH was something fickling,and product of the seasons,and that time/age.I doubt even if TK was not there in the picture,would JH come forward and confess to her? I mean until TK said out loud he likes her as a woman,would JH have the dire need to confess to her? Like the way TK confided in SW that 'without DS he feels like dying,' Was it that much serious for JH? Why did he need someone in the picture to understand how much important Deok Sun is to him? Until TK voiced in front of all his friends how he sees DS,JH was kind of happily living his life right? Not like someone who's 'In Love' would act..HE could not eat,breathe,sleep when he got to know that DS likes SW.But how could he live in peace that the girl he loves is in front of him all the time,and still he does not want to confess to her as soon as possible? I don't the see the necessity,the urgency in him..until TK was in the picture.

yeah i think i said it before but i don't think JH ever plan to confess tbh it just like he happily liking her in his own world but no plan to voice it out to DS since he thought he have all the time in the world to be with her...

he only start panicking when SW come in the picture and he thought SW like her too but then it prove wrong and he happily back to his little bubble loving DS secretly without anyone on the way..he might do many thing for her but at same time only us the viewer and himself saw it...viewer swoon but not DS because she don't know and she not the type able to pick other people motive like if her friend don't say it it would take forever for her to figure out JH actually like her even with all subtle hint but she won;'t know until someone spell it to her..

so when she open her heart to him giving one and only chance he still blew it up because he taking his own sweet time before Taek come in the picture...like the audience he also never thought Taek is any threat so he just let her spend time with him from China to the beach when he can just offer himself to stay with DS but he didn't and he let the lovebird alone lol..even DS happily stay behind with TK when she could try to make JH stay with her there and TK go home.same when she stay behind waiting for Taek to finish eat when she can go home and have opportunity to spend time with JH since she staying at his house at that time..he feel threaten by SW and even DR but never TK which is very wrong move bro..

before Taek confess he still mocking the idea that someone would be crazy enough to like DS which pretty much the reason it might switch on Taek angry mode since he dislike anyone say that about DS and proceed to confess his feeling openly while for JH he still never ready to cross the line and say he like her not in front of her and not in front of his friend masking it by making fun of her another wrong move bro..

yeah he never feel it an urgent thing to confess to her, he still living his life like normal..while for Taek he have long plan to confess when he got the chance..for Taek DS is already someone he really need in life more than anything else and he know what he want...

but JH for me the time he truly ready to cross that line is when he run to the concert and confess...but it took years for him to come to that sense and even him say Taek need her more than him and JH can still go back to normal after heartbreak but i don't think Taek can ever do that, he truly need DS if not one day he definitely gonna get overdose by the sleeping pill...it also parallel with SW show he can't live without BR after their break up he also taking the sleeping pill...that shown the brother got it really bad and won't ever move on from the Sung girls

• Like 10

Seeing as I got such lovely responses from everyone with regards to the first fic I published, I decided to go ahead and write another. 

Please keep in mind that my fic's aren't beta-d, so they're a bit rough around the edges. I hope you'll enjoy them nonetheless and if you'd like to leave me any constructive criticism, I'd absolutely adore that too. I'd love to have anyone also help edit :)

Let me know if you like it! I'ts a bit different, but somewhat the same. I'll try to write something more humorous as the next one!

Catching On

• Like 14

Hey everyone! Seems I'm not the only one whom having a major withdrawal syndrom :'D

Btw, I'm watching these scene again where Taek swoop in to carry Deoksun in bridal style. But I can't still quite figure out why Taek is seems so hesitant before offering Deoksun to piggyback her. Can anybody give me an insight to this? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nuckertuck said:

Seeing as I got such lovely responses from everyone with regards to the first fic I published, I decided to go ahead and write another. 

Please keep in mind that my fic's aren't beta-d, so they're a bit rough around the edges. I hope you'll enjoy them nonetheless and if you'd like to leave me any constructive criticism, I'd absolutely adore that too. I'd love to have anyone also help edit :)

Let me know if you like it! I'ts a bit different, but somewhat the same. I'll try to write something more humorous as the next one!

Catching On

OMG <3 You're spoiling us. THANK YOU!!! If this is you rusty then wow hahaha. 

YES <3 to Sung Sister bonding! I always thought it was such a shame that the brother relationships between JH&JB and TK&SW were more developed and highlighted than our two Sung sisters. Don't get me wrong I loved the small moments of understanding between the two sisters that we did get throughout the series but it was always DS stepping out and walking a mile in BR's shoes whereas I never felt that BR got to see just how tough it was for DS sometimes as the middle child and in her shadow. I also always felt there was this underlying rivalry and sense of jealousy in BR which largely fuelled her antagonism towards DS - which I also wish could have been explored but such is a slice-of-life drama. You wrote BR perfectly in character - I could just see and hear her go about comforting DS that way - all matter-of-fact and in her own quiet, abrasive manner. She and TK are quite similar in how they're so straight-forward, quiet and unwavering. 

I personally didn't need DS-JH closure, in the Reply universe or through fics, just because I don't think DS even really cared for JH and his case of the feelings that much HAHAHA. Savage I know, but I stand by my belief that she was more heartbroken about being rejected and apparently unworthy of being loved than about JH not liking her. I will forever be glad that DS never thanked JH for liking her because she truthfully doesn't owe him anything. Anyway, back to your fic ... I think how you wrote their exchange was quite bittersweet - a simple acknowledgement that yeh maybe they could've worked but it just wasn't meant to be, whether because of timing or hesitation or just merely because TK was always going to be that other factor. I liked that you included how panicked DS was over the thought of JH figuring it out - it's so like her to be that thoughtful and sensitive to others' feelings. 

Wish we got some DS-TK kissy times to make up for the angst, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't loveeee the angst. And it was fitting that they'd be going through a rough patch throughout the story cause there was just a very sombre tone to it all. 

This ended up a lot more extra than I intended hahaha - sorry but really once again thanks for flexing your creative muscles to give us more fics :) 

• Like 17