Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

4 hours ago, figenfk said:

We were from the same timezone right hahah. I missed a part from the beginning, I really regretted not setting an alarm haha.

Yes we are from the same time zone, you were smart for withdrawing in advanced at least you could get some sleep before the ending of the series :D I should`ve have done the same but... well... no regrets. I am so pissed at myself because I have even triggered the alarm but I did not hear it due to lack of sleep hahahah

4 hours ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

oh, they came to gloat? let them. I'd rather have a sad love story with two people who has amazing chemistry rather than seeing two people with zero chemistry being the endgame. Let them have their fun. TaekSun remains the blandest Reply OTP for me because of crappy writing from writernim. And if I was TaekSun shipper, i would be disappointed nonetheless. For God's sake, TaekSun never EVER had proper conversations about casual things. They just kissing, hugging, lovey dovey, and they ended up married. It just feels so wrong and so empty anyway

Ah those TK shippers really they are something. I am not sure if they are aware of this situation, like whole S.Korea and half of the world is bothered by this ending i even read some statements from Korean famous stars being disappointed in TK character and being disappointed in fact that he is the end game, husband. And here they are celebrating, good for them, i just feel sorry for PBG having fans like that who dont even care that his character was outshined by RJYs character ( oppa nailed it).

• Like 12

@figenfk i would have been such a mess if this happened but its still more of a complete ending than what we got. the part about where jung hwan imagines the airport kiss and recalls his memories before he died would have killed me, but i think the worst part would have been seeing all the reactions from the kim family especially cheetah omma. 

wtf is this all i wanted was to watch a good tv show and finish it with memories of time well spent. why is the supposed ending to an already finished show still affecting me after its over lmao 

• Like 19

1 minute ago, mtm89 said:

@figenfk is this source reliable? Because if it is, it s really heartbroken:bawling:

I don't know it myself. I wish we could get answers to this. I went to the main thread, read this cried and shared it with u guys. If this was the real ending I think it would be more complete but everybody would have a REAL MENTAL BREAKDOWN..

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, figenfk said:

OMG GUYSSS Did you read the post on MT with the real ending of Reply 1988!! They changed the ending that's why they took a break before ep 17. I am crying right now. Don't read it if you don't want to be sad:bawling:. Crazy writernim chincha!

edit: @amyrrhielle ok I copied it see below under spoiler. Don't read it if you don't want to be shocked really. 

Reveal hidden contents

1) Based on a true story: a young pilot whose surname is Kim died in an air crash while trying to fly the craft away from a building. He was under 30 then, had a brother with heart issues (just like JB) and their parents were preparing for 30-year anniversary. So (according to this source) originally Kim Jung Hwan was destinied to die. The kiss scene at the airport with DS, the parents' wedding, the flashback when he secretly cared for his first love, etc are imaginations and recalls at his last minute.

2) About how Taek finds out DS's secret about her first love with SW, it was revealed by JH when Taek came to see him at the camp. Acc to the spoiler, T came and spent a night there with JH, they talked about DS, her feelings for SW at first, when T started his feelings for DS (then comes the flashback of childhood as seen in ep 20). JH gave Taek the ring, telling him to care for DS and give it to DS on behalf of him (that's why someone here and there sees something inside DS's pink sweater - in the scene she greeted Taek at the gate and they hugged - it's supposed to be the ring, she wears it with her necklace). The ring wasn't left unanswered as we have been wondering all the time!

3) A week later (after Taek's visit), Hwan came home. SW and BR dating was unveiled. The parents protested while the children supported them. Taek and DS went out for movie, holding hands and kissed (DS kissed T to the cheek and he smiled :))). DS came in and see Hwan, he intended to say something to her but hesitated, instead told her that he wished her happiness; she wished him the same,

4) The night Hwan came back to the camp, mother Mi Ran suddenly felt uneasy and anxious. She cried right after the moment he's gone (like how we saw in ep 20).Father Kim comforted her and the old couple talked about JB-JH childhood.

5) The accident happened. JH died in the crash. Mother Mi Ran fainted, JB had a heart attack, Taek cancelled a baduk competition, DS came back from Japan. The block suddenly became dreary. The mothers cried, hugging eachother. The fathers sadly sat together, drank wine and sighed. Mother Mi Ran didn't cry, staring at the sky. The children looked older. Taek hugged DS when she was crying, BR leaned on SW's shoulder, both crying. DR was the host of the funeral, did not cry, looked like a really grown-up man. JB made a lot of blue paper planes with his and his brother's face on their wings. Mi Ok was beside him then. DR silently stood before Hwan's photograph, cried and shouted at him, remembering every moment between them since they were kids then went to school etc.

The narration goes: "The ones we love will not be with us forever. Someday they will surely leave us. Through loss we grow up" (or something like that).

After the funeral, the block was still flooded with sadness. Mother Mi Ran was ill, sleepless and talked less. She often dreamed of JH coming back at night, woke up and went to the living room to wait for him(as a scene in ep 20). Father Kim woke up with her and they sat there for a very long time.

7) DS worn the ring with her necklace as a memory to the past. (Taek gave it to her after the funeral).

8) SW and BR decided to get married. While BR's mother seemed unapproved, mother Mi Ran told her: "Let the children do whatever makes them happy, we can't be with them for the whole lifetime." Then the wedding took place without JH's attendence (of course!). DR, as the host, introduced a blank chair beside Taek as JH's seat, and in every wedding then, they will leave him a chair so that he can share the happiness with them. The father-daughter issues solved, everyone (and the blank chair) took a photo together.

9) After a match in China, Taek came home and the doves (Taek-Sun) met at the gate (as in ep 20). Taek told DS that he was introduced to a very beautiful girl that day, but he was busy looking after his cat which is cruel and jealousy but very pretty, that's why he couldn't go out with that girl. DS pinched him, telling him that he recently has become more soapy. He said "I am normally a man. Do you want to be Mrs Choi soon by provoking me like this?" (haha cheesy). Then he said with seriousness that it's time they changed their relationship status.

10) T & DS came to visit JH's grave, brought him white daisy and informed him of their wedding in Jan. They also told him about their family moving out due to the clearance plan, SW became a baby sitter :))), JB and MO on honeymoon, DR is dating and opened more restaurants. They recalled it when they announced the wedding to their parents, DS's appa and omma were overjoyed, repeatedly asked them if Taekie had been forced and terrorized to get married with DS (sheep sound and DS stupid face). The friends didn't surprise at all. DR said: "You two always hold hands and hug in the front gate, we're not blind not knowing anything." :))

11) The families really moved out. Mother Mi Ran stood in Hwan's room, father Kim led her out. Ssangmundong was abandoned, Taek's room door's open and we see again the gang watched a movie together - as the last scenes on ep 20 last night.

According to the source, too, when asked to change the script (that's why we had ep 17 delayed), the writer didn't want to change the ending, thus she just cut the scenes related to the accident. This means, she just didn't mention the accident, yet whether it happened or not remains unanswered.

MY opinion: AND we all were thinking TK was going to die, the irony of life REALLY!

Oh what's that sound? Just my heart breaking into a million pieces 

• Like 10

Lord, I can't. I wanted an alternate ending that would be happy, not necessarily with Junghwan finding another person to love, but just him being happy with his family and in his career. And the rest of the Ssangmundong families doing well too. 

This ending though...

What the f u c k. That would have been a real way to make Kim Junghwan the MOST tragic main character of all time. 

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, figenfk said:

I don't know it myself. I wish we could get answers to this. I went to the main thread, read this cried and shared it with u guys. If this was the real ending I think it would be more complete but everybody would have a REAL MENTAL BREAKDOWN..

I hate myself for saying this but i kind of had this plot on my mind after watching ep 20 but that was just makjang thinking. I was questioning myself whether i should post my thoughts on our thread or not cuz it is too depressing and dark, and now that you shared this.... oh man i hate myself for having those thoughts and that maybe i was right.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, faithinme lara said:

i rather have not kiss scene than seeing junghwan dead after that ...depressing!!!

Maybe, but either way, we were all depressed when it felt like JH fell off the face of the earth. i'd rather have some closure than none like what we had in the current ending. 

• Like 4

Honestly, tragic as it sounds... At least they continued JH's story even though that's supposed to happen to him. He's not with them anymore but he's remembered and never forgotten. I felt like with the ending that actually happened, it was so NOT satisfying because JH was never there but we didn't understand why. 

I want his character to be honoured and not be forgotten like what the writer did at the end. 

Anyways, my heart is still breaking. 

• Like 10

Guest fleshwithoutblood

I'm not sure if I believe that alternate ending, however didn't the pd say they wanted to make a family drama, but in family dramas a character usually dies or something? Where do I remember this from? Maybe I made it up in my head lol.

ETA:

Maybe it's already been posted, but this is what the PD said back in November: “There are movies like ‘Forrest Gump’ where the main character actually becomes a part of historical events,” Shin said. “Our focus was more on reality and believability. If we tried to incorporate a huge event into a family story, it would shake up the show’s identity. We tried to depict history as ordinary people experienced it.”

Yeah, I'm not sure I believe that alternate ending unless it was changed before November, because Shin PD said this: “Look, for a family drama to have a big impact, someone needs to get cancer or die,” he said with a half-hearted laugh, noting that there wasn’t any of that in “Reply 1988.”

Edited by fleshwithoutblood

Spoiler

It sounds like fanfiction to me. It's not the writer or PD's style to kill a character ever. If the character dies it's one you have never met and if it's one you have met briefly and were not made to feel any sort of real attachment or feelings of loss for. The writer had made it very clear in many interviews that's not what she do so I dong believe that fanfic "spoiler" for one second. Also the whole dreamed kiss thing is ridiculous as is Taek and Drok Sun busting his grave and such. Nah, I don't buy this or RJY may have expressed some kind of thoughts of a different ending for him. Boi seriously had not clue he wasn't going to be the husband and apparently neither did Hyeri. I'm going just wait for official interviews from the team where I'm sure they'll explain their reasoning. But all these speculations and rumors....I believe none of it LOL. Angry minds can conjure up anything....

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, Lyna said:

Although that ending is really dreary when I was reading it it kind of felt more complete... I think I would actually prefer to have that instead. 

Exactly my thoughts...a closure despite tragedy...one that makes JH deserving of all the things he did for everyone in secret.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, figenfk said:

OMG GUYSSS Did you read the post on MT with the real ending of Reply 1988!! They changed the ending that's why they took a break before ep 17. I am crying right now. Don't read it if you don't want to be sad:bawling:. Crazy writernim chincha!

I don't think writernim would make ending like that. What a makjang drama. But it got me thinking : is she really hate JH? I just don't get it

• Like 7