Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

9 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

So RJY thought he;d be playing DR. lol when i read that i imagined his cheery attitude on socialphobia and how RJY would be as DR. hahaha!!!!

If he playing DR, i m not surprise if many people ship DS and DR ..hahhaha *oh, about social phobia, where can we get it with English subtitles? *

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Richi07 said:

@wasted_youth it's not just your feeling thought, my feeling said it too, i think Jiyoung watching and he is #teamjunghwan too. kekekekeke:w00t:

@ricenamja kekekekekkekekke, i really happy too chingu because Jiyoung my bias too but my main bias right now is RJY kekekekkeke* too falling deep in RJY eyes:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:* BTW THE PHOTO SOOOOO HANDSOME URI NATIONAL HUSBAND JUNYEOLLLL~~~~~~

OMG me and my sister just talked about GD's instagram this morning. 1988 is his birth year after all and he's so damn proud of it. I'm sorry this is so OOT LOL. Anyway, I tried to watch the v broadcast in the website, but it had no subtitle at all. :sweatingbullets: Imma be patient and watch it later.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if anyone has translated CJes post on RJY's FB yet regarding the rumours but I roughly translated it. Take note I translated it from Chinese!! (sorry if there are any inaccuracies :sweatingbullets:

[TRANS] 

Hello everyone. This is CJes.

With <<Reply 1988>>, we are very thankful to everyone's support and love for Ryu Jun Yeol.

However, recently there has been many unconfirmed Ryu Jun Yeol related false information and spreading of rumours on the internet.

Our company will take legal action on acts within the scope of cyber crime, towards those who had publish false information, personal attacks, insulting messages and other affiliated defamation.  

If fans find any information on such acts, please do send the information to CJes email. (webmaster@cjes.co.kr)

credits to original chinese trans  柳俊烈吧官博

Guest wizengamot

yeah! CJes SUE THOSE LOSERS BWAHAHA!!!

anyway, let's keep this thread light and pleasant like uri ship's thread :)

Will EyesOnRyu subbed socialphobia and RJY's V-app?

36 minutes ago, chloee34 said:

Do you know where to look for what are the contents in cd1? Cause I still kind of want the ost since part 2 has RJY on the disc but it feels incomplete if I only get the 2nd part.

• Like 4

Guest wizengamot
4 minutes ago, scualquiercosa said:

Where have you read that?

in this thread. i think he mentioned it in his V-App. :)

18 minutes ago, Howlongwillthisfandomlast said:

Do you know where to look for what are the contents in cd1? Cause I still kind of want the ost since part 2 has RJY on the disc but it feels incomplete if I only get the 2nd part.

no :( i also don't know where to find and what are the exact content of the whole Reply88 OST compilation album. mianhee...

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

yeah! CJes SUE THOSE LOSERS BWAHAHA!!!

anyway, let's keep this thread light and pleasant like uri ship's thread :)

Will EyesOnRyu subbed socialphobia and RJY's V-app?

I read on their tumblr, they won't sub socialphobia because of its depiction of Korean's internet/online culture is too complicated to translate into english (or something along the line, I forgot their exact word). The admin suggested us to request viki to sub it instead.

• Like 8

Guest wizengamot
14 minutes ago, hailaft said:

I read on their tumblr, they won't sub socialphobia because of its depiction of Korean's internet/online culture is too complicated to translate into english (or something along the line, I forgot their exact word). The admin suggested us to request viki to sub it instead.

how can we do that? how can we request to viki? but they're gonna sub V-app?

9 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

how can we do that? how can we request to viki? but they're gonna sub V-app?

Below is eyesonryu's tumblr post about Socialphobia. I already requested it on viki and y'all can too. I don't know about the v-app tho. I haven't check their recent update. 

Hello everyone! We are Eyes on RYU!

We have been getting tons of requests and questions regarding Socialphobia (2015) subtitles, Ryu Jun Yeol’s debut film, which is a genius film that is heavily rooted on Koreans’ internet etiquettes and their social media society. Since the film relies on internet and media slangs, and South Koreans’ internet culture, there are so many words and phrases that would need background explanations and research. We seemed that it would be difficult to find the right and exact English words to convey the meanings of these words precisely, without tainting the original intention of the film.

It’s not that we don’t want to do it, but we don’t want to risk degrading the quality of the film, the meaning of the plot, and the message that they wanted to convey by using our own translations.

We hope international fans of Ryu Jun Yeol and Socialphobia (2015) as well, understand why we decided not to take on this project.

So far, they have released a DVD already but without any subtitles with it, so up to now there are no English subtitles for the film anywhere (as far as we know). We would like to offer another option, though it may not succeed or it might take a long time– please take time to do the license request for Socialphobia (2015) at viki.com

Go to: http://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/
and answer the form! :)

Who knows if they will grant our requests, right?

Until the next Reply Eyes on RYU!
Thank you for your continuous support and interest.

With love,
Eyes on RYU

• Like 19

Hi! It's my first time in this thread and Ryu Junyeol's acting in Reply 1988 created such a big impact on me to the point I resonated with his character and cried over it, and I'd be glad to see him in more projects soon. I think he suits rom-coms a lot and to be honest I wouldn't mind if he paired him up again with Hyeri in another drama. So long as it's rom-com (and with a more stable plot). But, in the end I guess his heroine wouldn't matter because he's a great actor and he'd be able to deliver it well. I think RJY also has a knack for photography, his posts on Instagram makes me think that he takes his shots seriously. I also like the fact that he was very honest about the drama, and how the outcome of the story upset him. It says a lot about his personality. I think he is not the type who is so conscious about his image. Now that I mentioned it, he reminds me a bit of Jessica Jung. 

Anyway, I hope he gets more projects as his career grows beautifully, all thanks to the plot twist that was Reply 1988. :wub: 

• Like 22

Guest wizengamot

@dairymilks lol no need to say it's your first time, you're our chingu way from JH-DS ship!!! welcome!!! hahahaha!!!

okay RJY's V-app: more than 29M hearts and 1.7M comments. Heol!

Hey y'all!!

In relations to false rumors about uri JY, I found an article that I think have a connection to it, I hope someone can translate this for us : 류준열 인성 수준…"목격담 인증글 화제" 사인까지

[헤럴드POP=백진희 기자]류준열 허위사실 강경대응 예고  

류준열 허위사실 강경대응 예고가 화제인 가운데, '류준열 인성' 글이 새삼 눈길을 끌고 있다. 

이미지중앙

사진: 온라인커뮤니티

최근 한 온라인커뮤니티 게시판에는 '응답하라 1988 류준열 인성 수준'이라는 내용의 글이 올라왔다. 

해당 게시물 작성자는 자신이 일하는 카페에 혜리와 류준열이 왔다갔음을 밝히며, 류준열과 혜리에 대한 목격담을 공개했다.  

게시물 작성자는 "떨려 죽는 줄 알았다"며 "사인 해달라고 하니, '저도요?'라고 물어봤다"며 류준열 인성에 대한 극찬을 아끼지 않았다. 또한 "잘 생기셨던데"라며 류준열에 대한 훈훈한 후기를 이어갔다. 특히 정직한 '초성' 사인이 보는 이의 웃음을 자아내기도 했다.  

한편, 18일 씨제스엔터테인먼트가 배우 류준열을 향한 무분별한 허위사실 유포와 관련해 강경대응을 예고했다. 
popnews@heraldcorp.com

• Like 8

I hope Ryu Junyeol scores a CF deal with Hyeri. Their chemistry in 1988 was no joke and it would be nice to see them outside the drama (so that it wouldn't remind me of how effed up it turned out). If it happens, I'm quite sure the sales would explode. I remember in the drama School 2015, Yook Sung-jae's character didn't end up with Kim Sohyun's character but after the series the two of them became endorsers for a bag because almost all the netizens were rooting for Yook Sungjae. Same goes with this, almost all the 1988 viewers in Korea predicted Junghwan to be the husband. Soooo, I really really really wish someone in South Korea thought of this idea already.

• Like 18