• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was she actually raised in prison? lmfao ,im trying to figure out that if her mom gave birth to her in prison did her mom survive and raise her ? or did she die and some other prisoner raise her? xD or was she sent to be a slave ???? i know the first 4 episode is going to be intense af because they have so much to tell/show 

Omg! Ko Soo is so good looking in those stills! Is that like the first encounter scene between them or what! Gosh, it looks so good already in pictures! I bet in video will be even better! I so can't wait! Thank you, @RoseM!!!

5 hours ago, ronayJ said:

was she actually raised in prison? lmfao ,im trying to figure out that if her mom gave birth to her in prison did her mom survive and raise her ? or did she die and some other prisoner raise her? xD or was she sent to be a slave ???? i know the first 4 episode is going to be intense af because they have so much to tell/show 

@ronayj,  If she was born in prison and mom was incarcerated at that time that should automatically make her a slave government property..

Still very anxious to see this drama can someone tell me a confirmed date for the first episode to air.

12 minutes ago, valsava said:

@ronayj,  If she was born in prison and mom was incarcerated at that time that should automatically make her a slave government property..

Still very anxious to see this drama can someone tell me a confirmed date for the first episode to air.

April 30th is the confirmed date 

17 hours ago, RoseM said:

@djappleblush,  I can't see the pictures :/ 

OMGosh, me too! Huhuhuhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu... Just check the link, guys, the one I posted. Here it is again:  http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4446042856

14 hours ago, ymiss said:

Omg, @djappleblush, that link was awesome!!! Thank you so much! Are there any videos of this ceremony? Anyone knows? Off I go to YouTube!

Hehehehe.... My pleasure, dear. :)

jinseyeon.jpg 

Genius girl born and raised in prison. Oknyeo  met with all kinds of convicts, including scholars , And learned  everything she can in life.  Oknyeo is clever even at a young age.

gosoo.jpg

head of Hanyang top three that dominate the commercial area of the naaru and walpae organization. Munjeong the queen's brother and the best of contemporary Yun Won-hyung illegitimate child. His mother was a courtesan( concubine ) hongmae of Hanyang Lu Soso .

kimmisook.jpg

Third queen of Jungjong, mother of  Gyeongwon ,  Full of ambition and greed and villains , poisoned her son in-order for her child to take the throne ,rising her to great power.

@RoseM

" Where they're filming"

The location is the Andeok Valley (안덕계곡) in Seogwipo, Jeju-do (Island). 

262E213454E18B9303920E

Directions: From Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus No.780 & get off at Gansan-ri Bus Stop (10 stops). Walk ahead 450m & the valley is located on the left. From Seogwipo Shinsigaji Intercity Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Seoilju (서일주 -Seogwi Sinchang-ri, Jeju) & get off at Andeok Valley Bus Stop (16 stops).

From Seoul, take a flight to Jeju-do, I recommend Eastarjet that flight out from Gimpo airport, it had a flight every 20-40 minutes

This is the famous filming location site from the drama "The Book of Gu" as Cine Hwang mentioned this as "구가의서촬영지" (The Book of Gu location site)

Some character description

jinseyeon.jpg

Ok Nyeo ( 옥녀) related background starts with the Scholar Yi Ji Ham (이지함,李之菡, 1517 - 1578) & involvement   "Tojeong Bi Gyeol" (토정비결, 土亭秘訣  Secrets of Tojeong, Tojeong is Yi Ji Ham pen name)

jeongwangryeol.jpg

Park Tae Su ( 박태수 ) a student of Jo Gwang Jo ( 조광조, 趙光祖, 1482-1520 )

A prisoner that is being imprisoned for 20 years, when young he was a Chae Tam In" (체탐인, 體探人, equivalent to the present day secret agent) skill it all stealth weaponry & martial art. He become a mentor to Ok Nyeo & taught her all he knows. One day due to the shortness of breath, dies in Ok Nyeo care. (So it look like Jeon Gwang Ryeol is just a cameo in this drama)

choitaejoon_1.jpg

Seong Ji Hyeon ( 성지헌 ) Grandson of Park Tae Su. Official in Podocheong (Joseon Police Bureau)

After the Third Literati Purge of 1519 (Gimyo Sahwa 기묘사화 - Jungjong executed Jo Gwang Jo & killed & exiled many of Jo Gwang Jo followers on charges of conspiracy against the King). Park Jung Heum (박종흠 - Park Tae So's son) dies under duress of Uigeimbu interrogation & leaves his son orphan. Change his name to start afresh in life & raise to become Podocheong ( 포도청 ) Jongsagwan ( 종사관, 從事官 )

kimsooyeon.jpg

Yoon Sin Hye ( 윤신혜 )

Only daughter of Yoon Won Hyeong & Jang Nan Jeong. Ice cold beauty who only have eyes for Seong Ji Hyeon only

jichundeok.jpg

Ji Cheon Deuk ( 지천득

Ok Nyeo Foster father. Works as an administrator clerk (Seori, 서리,胥吏) ) at Jeonokseo

gongjaemyung.jpg

Gong Jae Myeong ( 공재명 )

Head Merchant (대행수) of Chilpae market (칠패시장, 七牌市場 ). Calm, Cool & Charismatic character. Have Yoon Tae Won trust

chil.jpg

Chilpae Market (칠패,七牌, the present Namdaemun Market) is one of the 3 big trading markets (삼대시,三大市)) in Hanyang (Seoul), that stands in front of Namdaemun,  the other 2 markets are Jungno (종루,鐘樓), Yihyeon (이현,梨峴). Fish & Salt are brought through this market from the hangang

Archived