• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016033001002707100190561_99_20160330152

Jin Se Yeon feeding envelope of money into a boiled pig head

Information insights on Korean culture regarding the gosa ( 고사, 告祀 ) ritual, a shamanistic ritual that intend to prevent misfortune & bring good luck  

Nothing says lucky like a swine/pig head

Pig heads are an essential apparatus, purchase by people who are launching their own business, starting a business related project, moving to a new house or buying a new car

As traditional saying goes, the more smiley the pig the better. Then the head is placed on the ceremonial table along with many different kinds of dishes from sirutteok ( 시루떡, steamed korean rice cake from glutinous rice flour), Yakgwa (Korean confectionery) to dried pollack, jeon (Korean pancakes), persimmons, pears, apples & chestnuts as well as alcoholic drinks including makgeolli (fermented rice), beer or soju. 

Worshippers with the envelope of money will place the envelopes in the pig mouth or slot into the pig ears. Then they sebae ( 세배 , Korean traditional bow) to the table. after the ritual is over, the pig head is slice & eaten with Saeujeot  (fermented shrimp paste)

For Koreans, pigs represent money & fertility. The reason the animal is associated with money is because the Chinese character meaning for pig () reads "don" ( ), which also means “money” in Korean. 

Pigs are known to be able to breed up to 15 at a time. That is why when pigs appear in dreams, people take it as a sign of good luck & go buy a lottery ticket. 

A sample of an on-goings of Gosa ritual from the TVN drama "Memory"

posterphoto707343.jpg

MBC's 55th anniversary special drama, "The Flower in Prison" held an opening ritual (gosa) to wish luck for the drama production at 2 PM on March 30.

The event took place in the front yard of a prison set up in the filming set of "The Flower in Prison" in Daejanggeum Park in Yonging city, Gyeonggi Province.

Jin Se-yeon, Ko Soo, and Jung Da-bin attend opening ritual to wish luck for the drama production.

posterphoto707344.jpg

Omg!!! Yes, yes! Finally, shooting pictures of both Ko Soo and Jin Se Yeon! It feels so good to see Ko Soo back on the small screen! They both look stunning! Ko Soo looks so good with facial hair and long hair! They both look like they're having fun on sets! Thank you very much for sharing, guys!

Omg, I can't wait for the first episode to air! My second husband, Ko Soo is really back! Lmao! You guys do not know how much I love him! Lol! I'm in heaven seeing those pictures up there!

[bnt photo] Go Soo to Give a Standing Ovation

tf5lr2ryp7r2wjtbh9kebwv9ei4svdce.jpg
[by Bae Jung Yun, photo by Baek Su Yeon] On March 30, MBC’s new weekend drama, ‘Ok Joong Hwa (literal translation)’ gosa (shamanistic ritual in order to avoid misfortune and bring good luck) spot was disclosed.

The drama is an adventure historical drama about a mysterious guy on the top of Joseon dynasty, Yoon Tae Won and genius girl, Ok Nyu, who was born in jail.

Go Soo, Jin Se Yeon, Choi Tae Joon, Kim Soo Yeon, Jung Kwang Ryul, Jung Joon Ho, Park Joo Mi and others are starred in the drama.

Meanwhile, the first episode of ‘Ok Joon Hwa’ airs at the end of April. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=29839

C 55th Foundation Year Special drama"The Flower in Prison" held its starting ritual on its very own set on the 30th of March.

A series of pictures have been released of this day.

Meanwhile, "The Flower in Prison" is the story of another genius girl named Ok-nyeo who meets a mysterious character named Yoon Tae-won in the Joseon Times.

"The Flower in Prison" can be seen on the 30th of April.

How was the ritual of "The Flower in Prison"? We take a look at each and every picture. Standby~ action!

posterphoto707502.jpg

The set has been made in a cozy place in the countryside. Everyone is busy headed to the set for the ritual.

posterphoto707503.jpg

There is the head of a pig at the place of the ritual.

posterphoto707504.jpg

There is Choi Tae-joon, who is starting to stand out these days. Shorty is also there although he has nothing to do this day.

posterphoto707505.jpg

Jin Se-yeon and Ko Soo appear soon after. They don't need no explanation, they shine on their own.

posterphoto707506.jpg

Director Lee Byeong-hoon is greeting Jin Se-yeon, Ko Soo and Jung Da-bin. Jung Da-binplays the younger version of Jin Se-yeon's role in the drama.

posterphoto707507.jpg

Jin Se-yeon and Jung Da-bin in the role of Ok-nyeo. "Don't we look alike?" They are both very pretty.

posterphoto707508.jpg

What wish did Lee Byeong-hoon and Ko Soomake when they paid respects to the ritual? A record breaking percentage? Or joy and happiness for the drama.

posterphoto707509.jpg

Director Lee Byeong-hoon is sticking an envelope of money in the pigs mouth which is smiling and so is he.

posterphoto707510.jpg

However, two things are sure about the wish everyone made; one is safety and the second is success.

posterphoto707511.jpg

If Ko Soo, Jin Se-yeon, Director Lee Byeong-hoon and the rest of the cast do their best, their wishes may come true.

posterphoto707512.jpg

The ritual ended with everyone yelling 'hooray!'.

http://www.hancinema.net/will-the-flower-in-prison-succeed-dae-jang-geum-the-place-of-the-ritual-92940.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Omg, @ronayJ, tell me about it! Ko Soo is killing me slowly with those pictures! I am going crazy! I can't wait anymore until the drama starts airing and I get to see him on screen! He's so handsome! Look at those silly facial expressions he's making! Thank you so much for posting! You guys rock!

i wish this drama has the same success that the jewel in the palace hand, just as what was stated above.,if the writer ,directing and acting for good,it should have no problem being very successful , based on the photos of the filming ,i can except some beautiful scenery . 

201603301515881113_1_99_20160330151605.j

11 minutes ago, djappleblush said:

I wonder when they'll release official posters and teasers? Hehe.... Can somebody get a move on!!!

I hope we get it later this week or next week because teaser usually come a few weeks before the premiere

Archived