[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

33 minutes ago, harukajane said:

Read this. Makes so much sense that we feel our frustrations.

http://flel.tumblr.com/post/138042934304/thoughts-on-reply-1988-eps-19-20

This is a fan art.

aahhh too bad. I thought it was also on the drama and since I don't want to replay it anytime soon 

And did the writer f this blog said that RJY is better looking than PBG? I am not familiar with English idiom haha. And yeah she was spot on that hyeri and juhyeol has better chemistry than the other couple

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, aprodithe said:

aahhh too bad. I thought it was also on the drama and since I don't want to replay it anytime soon 

And did the writer f this blog said that RJY is better looking than PBG? I am not familiar with English idiom haha. And yeah she was spot on that hyeri and juhyeol has better chemistry than the other couple

I am not sure what she meant but she is right to say that they might have not expected junyeol to do such a great job interpreting the character and made more fans root for junghwan.

• Like 4

Look at this... I was away one day beause I was sick like hell and things are back to be quite nasty in the MT... I just don't get it. Can't everyone show some respect and go easy? And to be frank, I am starting to be annoyed by seeing all those posts about only the husband hunt! Gosh, I wish people would talk about Taek but forget a it about DS and TK because frankly, they've already posted so much about it that I feel it's becoming repetitive! I think we've been liminting ourselves too.

And I am sorry but some people are just rude! I agree that we don't have to agree and that you can skip the posts you don't like, but to be called ignorant if we choose not to agree with sthg, frankly that's just rude! What's the point anyway?

*rant over*

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Look at this... I was away one day beause I was sick like hell and things are back to be quite nasty in the MT... I just don't get it. Can't everyone show some respect and go easy? And to be frank, I am starting to be annoyed by seeing all those posts about only the husband hunt! Gosh, I wish people would talk about Taek but forget a it about DS and TK because frankly, they've already posted so much about it that I feel it's becoming repetitive! I think we've been liminting ourselves too.

And I am sorry but some people are just rude! I agree that we don't have to agree and that you can skip the posts you don't like, but to be called ignorant if we choose not to agree with sthg, frankly that's just rude! What's the point anyway?

*rant over*

I've never been to MT and I have no plans on going there. There will always be opinions different than ours but I want to ship peacefully. In my opinion though they shouldn't be nasty to people who have different opinions on the ending of R1988 because they got what they wanted. Can they just let us grieve in peace?

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

*rant over*

OH YAASSHH THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING TOO!

I mean okay TK is the husband and we are all agree with the PD that R88 was all about family so can we just have some break from talking about these whole TKxDS theories and proofs already?!! :angry:

• Like 9

So MT is the main thread? I'm reading some of your posts about "mt" so just making sure. They're focusing on the husband hunt and clues for R88? Well, I find that interestingly funny. What husband hunt? I thought R88 was about a family drama with no focus on the husband hunt like before in 94 and 97, so why would the writer leave clues?

Here I am on the JH/DS shipper thread looking for clues about the husband switch!!?! Asking myself questions like why did she do that? What was the message for doing that?? 

• Like 14

@carolinedl I have give up on some people in MT since long time ago. My blood pressure keep going higher and higher reading their comment so I just stop.

My methode on going to MT:

I read the name on the left then skip...skip ..skip and skip some more. It's good for the heart, mind and soul chincha !

I really admire your patient and persistence carol :).

Anyway...we have our safe haven, our great chingu will cheer you up in no time, as they do for me this morning when I miss JH so much :D

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, lc85 said:

So MT is the main thread? I'm reading some of your posts about "mt" so just making sure. They're focusing on the husband hunt and clues for R88? Well, I find that interestingly funny. What husband hunt? I thought R88 was about a family drama with no focus on the husband hunt like before in 94 and 97, so why would the writer leave clues?

Here I am on the JH/DS shipper thread looking for clues about the husband switch!!?! Asking myself questions like why did she do that? What was the message for doing that?? 

My interpretation has been the production team is tired of all the articles and ppl focusing on husband hunt. So they decided to truly make this into a husband guessing game with the 1 that everyone guessed is not the end game. However, most people were EoNamRyu meaning those people wouldn't care about husband hunting game and focus more on the family aspects since based on narrative Junghwan is much more likely to be the end game up to ep18.

• Like 16

Guest wizengamot

i have made the mistake of going to MT too today. i was put off by the rudeness and superiority complex of some.Well, I'm not sure about being called as ignorant for thinking JH is the husband, for one, even RJY, Hyeri and PBG thinks JH is the husband. 

21 minutes ago, Howlongwillthisfandomlast said:

My interpretation has been the production team is tired of all the articles and ppl focusing on husband hunt. So they decided to truly make this into a husband guessing game with the 1 that everyone guessed is not the end game. However, most people were EoNamRyu meaning those people wouldn't care about husband hunting game and focus more on the family aspects since based on narrative Junghwan is much more likely to be the end game up to ep18.

I agree - in the narrative it is only and should only have been JH. This is why I am at a loss as to why there was a husband switch. It seemed like a cruel guessing game to me. It hurt a lot of people. 

I've only joined a couple of other threads besides this one. I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments here, art, and alternate endings. I don't think we all think the same way but this thread works because there is an atmosphere of respect and (even though we didn't like the ending) love for this production and the actors. It helps that many of us share the same critical views about the writing and development of the story/ characters. We don't have to be critical of each other - and that's important! :)

• Like 10

@lc85 I agree we all share our love and heartaches but there's no hatred whatsoever that is in this thread. Yes we are sad but we don't hate the characters. Yes we are disappointed of the writer and how the story ended but we are still thankful that they were able to make possibly one of the best kdramas I've seen. Because of this drama, RJY is now loved by many and he deserves it so.

• Like 9

I really hope that the writer scraps the husband hunt all together because she clearly lost the plot towards the end in the last instalment. I rate her highly as she got people talking and the focus on the family aspects was extremely loving in 1988. For me the best will always be 1997, it was fresh, made more sense and had more back story. Personally she should have extended the episodes for 1988 and take more time on writing as the two week filming break did her no good.

In my own opinion the best female was Sung Shi-won from 1997 (strong, wise and had more logic), male is a combination of Trash (honest, loving and dependable) and Junghwan (selfless, family oriented and loyal). 

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

i have made the mistake of going to MT too today. i was put off by the rudeness and superiority complex of some.Well, I'm not sure about being called as ignorant for thinking JH is the husband, for one, even RJY, Hyeri and PBG thinks JH is the husband. 

The rudeness and superiority complex are so unnecessary. Calling someone ignorant for thinking JH is the husband? Ignorant is not the correct description. Here are some that are accurate: Misled, deceived, fooled, hurt. I felt like all 4 words for thinking JH is the husband. 

Did I miss all the clues? Yes - I missed all the clues that the writing would be so cruel as to switch the husband all the way up to episode 18. You betcha! (My bitterness will fade - just not sure when):(

• Like 10