[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

@junghwanxdeoksunforevvs Calm down chingu :) I understand your concerns, and I wont tell you JH is 100% the husband because only the writer and the staff knows this for now.

I dont know if you saw 1994 but in terms of trolling it was a lot as well just like this series. I was a chilbong shipper and got trolled big time, so now i kind of know the trolling the writer does. Example: Chilbong was rarely shown in the episodes but then we had little scenes of hope...example the famous it aint over until its over, or NJ running to him in the department accident, the writer even trolled us in NJ character profile because in there there was a part that her feelings started to sway when a new kid showed up (something like that), which i believe the new kid was chilbong since Oppa and NJ knew each other all their life. Also dont get me started on the 2015 scenes and the way they made chilbong very comfortable that we all got trolled he was the husband, or the badly photoshop picture, even the husbands wallet was similar to CB's.

What im saying is, the trolling is very similar to 1988 TK is the one that is barley shown in the beginning, then his little scenes always make him stay in the game, like in ep 17, the dreamy kiss or in ep 18 him running and meeting DS. Also dont worry if TK will be shown A lot in ep 19. As 1994 approached its ending in ep 19 CB was the one shown with NJ, which made us CB shippers believe he was still in the 'game' there was still hope.

Even though the writter can make TK the husband I believe she wont just because its kind of too late, since the concert episode until ep 18 JH is always shown being so sad almost all the time Plus JH scenes are given more importance then TK when we are seeing his feelings for DS, example: the confession, him crying in the car, him driving to DS, DS and him missing each other, dont go scene, you know all of them :P . I really dont believe the writer/shin PD would have made those scenes stand out if JH is not the husband, because they would have wasted time, money, and character development & otp development of the real husband & wife which is bad writing in my eyes :/

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

I also interpreted this scene the same way you did just that we still dont know whether it was a dream or not and i truly hope it was not a dream. And HCI`s theory that DS was embarrassed after that kiss and did not want to show it and admit that it was for real just bcz she harbors deep feelings for him let me tell you i was sooooo dumbfounded i cant even describe how much. I dont want to be rude but everything about her bothers me since that english post and "i`ll highlight that so you can understand" that i wish that husband is anyone except TK if its  not JH just bcz i dont want her to be right LOL

I'd like to think that the kiss is a dream. If it is real,  how do we explain DS kissing TK back? To kiss someone back,  a life long friend at that, there must have been some romantic feeling in DS. I can't wrap my head around DS kissing him the night before and regretting it or having a differemt realization the next morning. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, saregama said:

@carolinedl @Vannyah M After finale we should anticipate  a post on MT how the script writer changed the script at the last moment to add a twist :lol:

@balladblue I think the kiss was real. She might have acted  nonchalant because either she was not sure of his reaction or she realized she does not harbor any romantic feelings for him.I am wondering why that kiss was there in the first place.

Hahaha  those will only be the beginning, when it happened to me in 1994 I was to mad at myself that i believed the trolling and at the writers, that i started to hate everything until i calmed down and saw reason (mind you i still cant bring myself to watch it again)  ah i was so young and stupid back then.  I wouldnt even dare to go to the 'losing' sides shipping tread, the anger will be real, until everything calms down I dont think we should take what shippers say seriously, anger will def blind them.

On a serious note do you think we should do something nice for RJY, when 1994 ended us CB shippers did a book with quotes, pictures, letters to the actor etc.  ( i dont know if Oppa shippers did something too) I think it would defiantly be a nice gesture for RJY especially since he just became popular in this series, he will see how people form all over the world likes LOVES his acting and that we will follow him through his career & encourage him :) . But this is up to you guys  unfortunately I dont have the time or skills to do something like this but I would love to help where i can.

• Like 18

What if DK has known since the playground scene about TK crush on her. Probably the dream kiss thing confirmed it,and then  she guessed that JH knows too and that is why he is avoiding her now. Probably she too doesn't want to hurt TK and create rift in between friends.Though,this does sound a bit too complicated for dear DS simple thinking.

I feel JH and DK are similar is some ways, both really value their friends/family and we have often seen both of them giving up for family without complains. JH gave up his right to have his own dream and adopted his brothers dream. This is something most of us cant even imagine. Similarly, we have seen DK often giving up her share of food to her siblings. To many this might not be a big deal, but that girl did complain about it and still kept doing it. She might be simple but she can endure tough life for her loved ones. 

The theory about TK confessing during concert is frustrating me seriously. Why did he not confess in the past 5 years? These Ssangmundong men really, first nobody confesses for 5 long years, both give up for the other, and then suddenly they both want to run and confess on same day-same time!!! just kill us with the running,falling down and huffing and puffing. I was literally on my edge when JH drove his black beast to the concert. Felt as if I am driving an ambulance with a critical care patient.

I am contemplating whether I should watch 18-18 with subs tomorrow or just wait and watch 17-20 at one go. I know I will give up,watch subbed episode tomorrow,and be even more invested into this.

Finally, am so glad to have a place and you guys to share the mutual angst. 

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, kayle01 said:

@junghwanxdeoksunforevvs Calm down chingu :) I understand your concerns, and I wont tell you JH is 100% the husband because only the writer and the staff knows this for now.

I dont know if you saw 1994 but in terms of trolling it was a lot as well just like this series. I was a chilbong shipper and got trolled big time, so now i kind of know the trolling the writer does. Example: Chilbong was rarely shown in the episodes but then we had little scenes of hope...example the famous it aint over until its over, or NJ running to him in the department accident, the writer even trolled us in NJ character profile because in there there was a part that her feelings started to sway when a new kid showed up (something like that), which i believe the new kid was chilbong since Oppa and NJ knew each other all their life. Also dont get me started on the 2015 scenes and the way they made chilbong very comfortable that we all got trolled he was the husband, or the badly photoshop picture, even the husbands wallet was similar to CB's.

What im saying is, the trolling is very similar to 1988 TK is the one that is barley shown in the beginning, then his little scenes always make him stay in the game, like in ep 17, the dreamy kiss or in ep 18 him running and meeting DS. Also dont worry if TK will be shown A lot in ep 19. As 1994 approached its ending in ep 19 CB was the one shown with NJ, which made us CB shippers believe he was still in the 'game' there was still hope.

Even though the writter can make TK the husband I believe she wont just because its kind of too late, since the concert episode until ep 18 JH is always shown being so sad almost all the time Plus JH scenes are given more importance then TK when we are seeing his feelings for DS, example: the confession, him crying in the car, him driving to DS, DS and him missing each other, dont go scene, you know all of them :P . I really dont believe the writer/shin PD would have made those scenes stand out if JH is not the husband, because they would have wasted time, money, and character development & otp development of the real husband & wife which is bad writing in my eyes :/

Hey,

Although I didn't finish watching reply 1994 because I couldn't take the angst (I knew Trash would be the end but Chil was the one I was rooting for), I wanted to know if there were a lot of scenes of Chilbongie with NJ?

JH scenes are too many (ofcourse more the better lols) whereas TK is rarely shown. He hardly has any cute scenes with DS not even a full MV amount of scenes. And if the last two episodes do show a lot about them together, I still think it would be too late to justify him as DSs hubby.

If you compare this with Trash, NJ and Chil was it a similar pattern?

P.S. I'm asking you this because it seemed like you made it till the end ~_~ of the 1994 series. 

I know I really shouldn't compare and just believe in the over all story  but the "trolls" are too strong so I can't help but fall for them. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance? ...this happens every night right before I need to go to bed -__- 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, vilavila said:

I'd like to think that the kiss is a dream. If it is real,  how do we explain DS kissing TK back? To kiss someone back,  a life long friend at that, there must have been some romantic feeling in DS. I can't wrap my head around DS kissing him the night before and regretting it or having a differemt realization the next morning. 

She`s 18 what girl doesn`t want to experince first kiss at that age? Not every first kiss has special meaning, there`s a ton of kids who just want to get the feel of it and at that its better to kiss someone you know than someone you never saw. Why would she regret it? She kissed him ( if she really did) she felt that she loves him just as friend thats why she acted like nothing happened next day bcz she`s not stupid she clearly saw him taking all those drugs and knows that he was not himself. There`s nothing bad about it.

EDIT: The reason why would she kiss him back is to explore, DR gave her advice that she needs to think about whom she likes and not who likes her bcz it`s more important how does she feels and not other way around

• Like 9

@kayle01~I LOVE when I am on here and there is a re-assuring POST b/c sometimes out of the BLUE my assurance level drops LOL only b/c I am a pessimistic! My gut is on JH all the way but I can't say my doubts are not there ONLY b/c I love him so much!!!

I can't remember EVER loving :wub: a fictional character this much WOW :crazy:....RJY you have casted a spell on all of us!

• Like 12

8 hours ago, parkangel said:

I wanna see:

1. How did DS and JH confirm the concert date. Because we only see half asleep DS asked JH to go to the concert. The concert was mentioned in 2 episodes but we see nothing except DS fake limping and Jh got jealous.

2. How did they solve the pink shirt problem.

3. Since when did DS start to like Jh? Is it really after her best friends predicted that JH like her?

4. Did she open the wallet?

5. Did she return to pick the ring?

OMG, I have so many questions :D

Regarding your 4th question...I think she might have opened the wallet, because up until this point she cannot really figure him out. I like to respect others privacy and I expect the same, but if I was a teenage girl with a crush on a guy i can't figure out I would definitely try my best to know more about him that would help me understand him. 

Also, I find it interesting how JH has their picture always with him by keeping it in his wallet and CT which is the one to constantly travel and doesn't see the girl every day has his in his save keeping drawer. Shouldn't he (the one to see the girl less) want to keep their picture with him at all times?

Edited by kandyrn
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

She`s 18 what girl doesn`t want to experince first kiss at that age? Not every first kiss has special meaning, there`s a ton of kids who just want to get the feel of it and at that its better to kiss someone you know than someone you never saw. Why would she regret it? She kissed him ( if she really did) she felt that she loves him just as friend thats why she acted like nothing happened next day bcz she`s not stupid she clearly saw him taking all those drugs and knows that he was not himself. There`s nothing bad about it.

We'll agree to disagree here :) I can't process how DS can be so nonchalant after her first kiss. But given it is DS, I could be wrong here. I find her totally hard to read, and I think it is that way because of the husband hunt. 

• Like 2

@junghwana Hmm its been a long time since reply 1994 but to be honest i think CB had even more scenes alone with NJ then TK with DS , even if they were short, he even kissed her twice and confessed, CB-NJ 'relationship' was more romantic than TK-DS relationship which never really crossed the line as CB-NJ's did.

However NJ-T scenes were LOADS, entire episodes focused on them and their characters were more built then CB, with CB we always kind of wanted to know more he had potential which wasnt discovered  because of the husband game in my opinion

So the answer to your question is yes the pattern is very similar, it is even similar to 1997 the husband always had more screen time wheres the other guy always seemed to have luck on his side....in the end its always the girl who chooses.

PS. If NJ actually forgot oppa after they 'separated' and they showed CB and NJ relationship grow   CB would defiantly have had a chance, I also read somewhere that the writer wanted to have kind of 'a way out' if by chance Koreans  hated Oppa, maybe thats why they dated earlier on ?   Unfortunate/fortunately in this series how the story went it just  'doesnt feel like there is a way out' just like 1997  I like all of you will find it weird if TK is the husband 

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, vilavila said:

We'll agree to disagree here :) I can't process how DS can be so nonchalant after her first kiss. But given it is DS, I could be wrong here. I find her totally hard to read, and I think it is that way because of the husband hunt. 

I would agree though I think her desire to protect one's friendship and Taek might explain why she hides it so well. Let's say she kissed him back and then the next day she is embarassed... it was definitely be awkward between DS and TK and then it would change a lot of things. I think it might have been extremely hard for DS to do but I can also see why she'd do it...

Anyway, whether they did kiss or not, I'd like for it to be adressed. I don't want it to end up being interpreted by us or TK:DS shippers as trolling or fan service. It has to have a meaning!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, kayle01 said:

@junghwana Hmm its been a long time since reply 1994 but to be honest i think CB had even more scenes alone with NJ then TK with DS , even if they were short, he even kissed her twice and confessed, CB-NJ 'relationship' was more romantic than TK-DS relationship which never really crossed the line as CB-NJ's did.

However NJ-T scenes were LOADS, entire episodes focused on them and their characters were more built then CB, with CB we always kind of wanted to know more he had potential which wasnt discovered  because of the husband game in my opinion

So the answer to your question is yes the pattern is very similar, it is even similar to 1997 the husband always had more screen time wheres the other guy always seemed to have luck on his side....in the end its always the girl who chooses.

PS. If NJ actually forgot oppa after they 'separated' and they showed CB and NJ relationship grow   CB would defiantly have had a chance, I also read somewhere that the writer wanted to have kind of 'a way out' if by chance Koreans  hated Oppa, maybe thats why they dated earlier on ?   Unfortunate/fortunately in this series how the story went it just  'doesnt feel like there is a way out' just like 1997  I like all of you will find it weird if TK is the husband 

Thanks for that. Did NJ ever reciprocate any of Chilbongies attempts to be romantic? Because all I remember is her loving Trash with blinders on.

@Kelly86 Everytime I start doubting I read the thread too. I also realised watching this video helps.

I like how Taek is in the background. I don't hate him but I love JH that much more. Call me shallow. It's okay.

q3781dDAMJc

Errrr..first time posting a video so don know if it will appear lols>_<

If it doesn't here is the link 

Edit: oh it worked...

• Like 11

9 hours ago, parkangel said:

I wanna see:

1. How did DS and JH confirm the concert date. Because we only see half asleep DS asked JH to go to the concert. The concert was mentioned in 2 episodes but we see nothing except DS fake limping and Jh got jealous.

2. How did they solve the pink shirt problem.

3. Since when did DS start to like Jh? Is it really after her best friends predicted that JH like her?

4. Did she open the wallet?

5. Did she return to pick the ring?

OMG, I have so many questions :D

1. We can see this in a flashback :D maybe they will show them having a conversation the next day

2. Either Jung Bong told DS or MIn OK did ? or maybe DS will explode and tell him all her feelings and ask why he gave the shirt it to JB and JH will explain it to her ;)

3.I think she always liked him, its just after her friends told her about it that she realized she had feelings for him

4.I cant decide for this question, Like every girl i believe she was curious and might have opened it, but in the episode where she shouted at BR for checking her wallet kind of makes me think she didnt. 

5. I only have 2 senarios in my head A.Someone mostly TK saw them from the window and picked it up to give it back to JH AND B. DS will lie and say she needs the bathroom and picks the ring. 

@Kelly86 Me too. Unfortunately i begin to feel pessimistic right after each episodes and right before each episode, then i read everybodys wonderful posts and i feel fine and optimistic throughout the whole week ahaha.

• Like 6

Omg the twist I would love to see is that what if all this time DS knew about JH and TK's feelings for her.  Like what if in the 5 years DS figured out that both TK and JH liked her and understood why JH pushed her away.  Maybe she chose to become a flight stewardness because this was in her own to let JH know that it was always him.

Anyways, remember that playground pic of Hyeri and PBG?  I think Hyeri was wearing a yellow coat.  Did Hyeri have long or short?  Just curious if this scene is for a flashback scene or in 1994.  What if DS already rejected TK all this time?

• Like 19

@junghwana haha ikr this is one of my FAV promo vids too I liked it so much I have it downloaded and SAVED on my laptop ehehe :P 

Guys, tell me I am not the only one who can't watch the proposal scene? its like I want to watch it but I'M SCARED TO WATCH IT.....and to watch it I like literally have to brace myself and force myself lol the thought of watching it always makes my heart hurt. :tears: call me crazy eh?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, honeywell said:

Anyways, remember that playground pic of Hyeri and PBG?  I think Hyeri was wearing a yellow coat.  Did Hyeri have long or short?  Just curious if this scene is for a flashback scene or in 1994.  What if DS already rejected TK all this time?

THat's true, what happened to that scene?...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

@junghwana haha ikr this is one of my FAV promo vids too I liked it so much I have it downloaded and SAVED on my laptop ehehe :P 

Guys, tell me I am not the only one who can't watch the proposal scene? its like I want to watch it but I'M SCARED TO WATCH IT.....and to watch it I like literally have to brace myself and force myself lol the thought of watching it always makes my heart hurt. :tears: call me crazy eh?

Loooooool that is exactly how I feel!   I love it but I'm scared of watching it. I can't handle the pain.

crazy? That makes us two. Actually I think most peeps here have the same feeling. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, junghwana said:

Thanks for that. Did NJ ever reciprocate any of Chilbongies attempts to be romantic? Because all I remember is her loving Trash with blinders on.

There were scenes that made me think that way, example when he was helping her with her back, when they got too close she realized and kind of widened her eyes, i felt sexual tension lol. Or when she told him it was snowing she grabbed this hoodie. But she never really reciprocated anything, everything was left hanging just for the husband hunt, there was never any awkwardness after 'romantic scenes' until she tanked him for liking her in ep 20

She never saw him as more then a friend, yes she may have been attracted to him because he was good looking and she was impressed by his baseball skills, other then that it was always Oppa's feelings that she reciprocated.

Anyway I will leave you guys since i have to wake up in 6 hours for work :'(  I look forward to reading your posts tomorrow :) Goodnight or good day :D 

• Like 10