[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I kinda have this feeling that one of their kids will be named Taek because they treasure him so much and look after him in a very caring way.

And for some reason I can imagine how Cheetah ahjumma would speak to Deok Sun on her wedding day with Junghwan : "At some times it may feel like he doesn't care about you at all and his expressionless face may give off the vibe of a cold person. But deep inside Junghwan is very caring and someone who doesn't show off his love but proves it in the most meaningful ways. It may be hard to love him but it's totally worth it because it feels good to have a place in his warm heart".

In the finale I think that the writernim and Shin-PD will go all beta. Like they would interview DeokSun and her future husband so that they can write a drama based on their lovestory. It could sound absurd to some people but I think it's possible ^^

• Like 15

3 hours ago, EMM! said:

Also because the paper JB read when he entered JH room and he wasn't there, it was for the cadet academy for the korean air force.
Plus, he did a salute when he went home :D

I wonder how they'll manage to merge these two at the airport.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW IF OTHER DRAMAS WILL FEATURE PILOTXSTEWARDESS COUPLES = NOPES CANNOT TOP JUNGHWAN X DEOKSUN bwahaha

I really wanted to see his training in the cadet academy, especially when they're jogging without (cough) upper clothes (cough) so (cough) we can see some abs (cough)

• Like 14

Anyong Chingus, been so long since I last posted here, but i always been reading your posts guys. I was on vacation this week and never have I ever wanted my vacation to end this quickly, just so another reply episode would air. To be honest I felt this episode was so long and I was kind of bored until the last part, now i cant wait till tomorrow just to see them all grown up :D

I also think TK-DS kiss was a dream, the background was all blurry and the next day there was no awkward reaction from DS. However honestly I did feel something when he carried her like a princess (ugh why wasnt it JH :'( ), i got kind of worried that DS will see him romantically from her reaction :/  Anyway I cant wait for tomorrow, I know they saved the best for last, now we can see mature DS and JH <3 Him driving the Jeep SWOON :wub:

My bet is still on JH, Come on he took the pink shirt with him you guys :blush: I also think JH story in the time skip is going to be more interesting, i mean TK is still a baduk player ofc but JH in now in the air force right ?  I really want to know more about it, such a different choice from normal, I honestly dont care to know about doctors (sorry SW,trash, Michael),and  lawyers (sorry Bora and JB) etc because we see tons of dramas with the same career paths, but i never saw a lead with this kind of career , I dont expect them to show him in action:glasses: (though I would love that hahah S.Korean Tom cruise :P ) But i would love to hear him talk about it for sure :D  

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

I really wanted to see his training in the cadet academy, especially when they're jogging without (cough) upper clothes (cough) so (cough) we can see some abs (cough)

i just wrote a loooooooooong draining post filled with biases and feelings at the MT..
and this is what I get..

HAHAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T SAY I AM NOT IMAGINING IT!!!! But.. now my mind is wide awake again..
thank you really.. i can't wait for this to be shown HAHAHA or if it will be XD

i will write you in my will when i die when this happens XD

• Like 6

I'm dying to know does JH still have that picture from the concert in his wallet?  Will he it give back to DS if he decides to let go?  Can I please see a flashback of young DS pulling the class president's hair?  Is the class president a boy?  That would seriously be funny if DS made a boy cry.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, mikijong said:

hi everyone is my first comment here!!^_^ i'm not good at english but google is my best support XD I just wanted to mention something that occurred to me.   

In the preview DR is to talk to someone but do not know who  and say'' Punk would die without being able to confess forever. '' and I think that is Junghwa.

------------images deleted------------------

and as seen on the TV in the family sung to a doll pink (DR) between the other two dolls, maybe DR be our Cupid:wub:

------------images deleted----------------- thanks  @MrsSoJiSub for remind me :) sorry i didnt read the rules before >.<

this is my theory I hope you have understood :rolleyes: ¡¡viva team junghwa!!

i'm with you. hope that's true. omygod DongRyong is getting more handsome!!! 

• Like 5

Were the adults Deok Sun and her husband in today's episode? If not I want a refund. I was promised me some sexy, one line KJH and I'm asking for it *stamps foot* seriously those news articles said they would appear in the last three...never mind LOL

@dubuqueen I do not want them naming none of their kids after Taek or anyone in the squad to be honest. It feels kind of awkward to name your kid after someone who considers your wife their first love (can you imagine explaining that to your kid) and also I feel anyone in the squad who doesn't get a kid named out of the kids we don't know exist yet will be kind of secretly maybe jealous and wonder why not them.

@GD-ssi I see about the dolls now, and although your picture helped me to see what you were talking about, a mod just warned  us not to quote pictures so you may want to edit it and take out the pictures just so you/we don't get in trouble (though without the picture it's kind of hard to see what you mean).

@luffypyon I too hope to get a scene of our Junghwan in action do fighter pilot action-y things (in real life that career is kinda boring unless a war is going down). I wonder if his profession is why they are being interviewed. Maybe he became like this really big and important pilot and she some stewardess that was beloved by the masses. They are being interviewed as the first "air couple" of Korea. Or realistically the interview is about my Bong who is some hot shot lawyer now, or princess Jinjoo who is interviewing them for her work as a renowned taste testing news anchor woman working for tvW LOL.

I am beyond ecstatic to hear that our cold pit bull marshmallow took the pink shirt with him :D:wub: Now we just need to see that Deok Sun still has the pink gloves safely tucked away somewhere all these years later (I still can't believe that 5 years later and we still where we been since ep 10 LOL) and all will be right in my fangirl world. Is it acceptable to quit ones job because "you keep me from my dramas"? LOL. I am soo looking forward to going home and watching and spazzing and also really can't wait for tomorrow's episode. Remember "Ryu Joo Yeol is the husband anyways" (I grin like a Cheshire cat when that gets trending).

ETA: It blows my mind that we almost have 7,000 posts. I remember when this thread first started rarely anyone came here and look where we are now.

• Like 9

OMG I just watched 17 RAW! Page 346:sweatingbullets: haha, 50 pages in one day, must be a record??!! I don't want to get affected by anything, so I am not gonna read back. See you guys after the next episode! This must be the slowest love line development ever! How can they make us so shaky. I got scared we must be on the wrong ship for a split second, but then I changed my mind. No it's not possible. JH is the one!! Since the preview wasn't trolling us this time, I think JH is really finally going to confess right?? No trolling anymore!

• Like 5

@MrsSoJiSub I imagine he joins some battle near the country's border with North Korean soldier, or maybe the plane where Deoksun works is hijacted so the squad from military airforce include Junghwan come to rescue :D:D:D , They are being interviewed because they are the famous "air couple" and Junghwan is some kind of a war hero. Damn, my imagination going wild :D:D:D . I am so happy Jungbong is accepted in Sunkyunghwan Uni. I wonder if Junghwan will wear the pink shirt during their wedding, or maybe when he asks Deoksun's father for dating permission, and Deoksun wears the pink gloves in the first snow when they're officially dating.

• Like 9

I have a negative thought but keep asking for a positive one because until now we really don't know who DS like. 

In a second thought my favourite part is, when everybody is down and shocked for the kiss, then keep screaming when JS show up hahahaha ha I can't believe that time, I really love you guys, we are really have a common thought here hahaha

• Like 3

OMG guys,

I have so much to read back haha....Man, I was online this AM totally in zombie mode no joke. I was on with just 2-3 hours of sleep from the previous night. I got a nap (couple hrs of sleep in) and now I am thinking clear.

I guess in the preview they didn't show who DR was lecturing about "not being able to confess forever not even once". In my mist of zombie mode/HYPE w/ JH in the uniform I just assumed it was JH, DR was talking too lol so we'll see tomorrow. LOL

The kiss, I am not bothered by it. The way it was shot "clearly" seems like a DREAM and at this point I wouldn't care if it was real lol.

I am STILL TOO HAPPY WITH JH AND WHERE HE IS GOING IN LIFE IN THAT UNIFORM....macho sexiness.

• Like 7

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+15,028, -247] Junghwan-ah, if your next line in the next episode is going to be "Taek likes you", then please just give up on Duksun

2. [+11,128, -169] Noeul has a good body...

3. [+8,755, -664] I don't care about anything anymore, I'm just excited for tomorrow's episode... Jungpal, please confess your feelings.. I hope that you're not baiting us.

4. [+6,752, -124] I wonder why they turned such a charming character like Noeul into Woohyun-ssi in 2016 ㅜㅜ I like him as an actor but they could've kept Noeul as the original actor since his concept was looking older than his age anyway

5. [+4,984, -193] If the preview is seriously baiting us again *trembles*

6. [+2,420, -46] Noeul gets more handsome by the day ㅋㅋㅋ but the drama makes it seem like it's super easy to get into colleges...

7. [+2,417, -98] I was so surprised at how sexy Junghwan looked when he was driving in the preview ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+1,970, -15] Sung Dong Il appa has been wearing the same clothes for several years ㅋㅋㅋ
  • Like 10

The big reason im still believe JUnghwan is the end game is the way Husband in 2015 acts. Just it. Case closed. And dont forget to follow the story. Even in beginning ep until now.. they're still focusing to Junghwan. Aaaa really.. this writternim will scaring me if she make DS also like TK AFTER Sunwoo and Junghwan. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, melissala said:

they better not.

sometimes I feel they are sabotaging JH on purpose.  There's a limit really.  Be a little selfish JH!  Taek had years to confess and didn't.  It's unreasonable if they make him go that far.  It has to be about his feelings only.   Even if he's not the husband (he is) he needs closure. 

Agree. In those five years that JH was away TK could've confessed yet decided to do nothing. I can't help but feeling like he just treat this whole thing as competition if he suddenly decides to pursue DS again now that JH is back. 

3 hours ago, fictionista said:

I'm personally on #TeamDreamSequence. 

Reasons - 

This episode dealt with the theme of dreams, wishes and ambitions. And as per what is shown, JH wishes for Taek not to be in pain and fulfills his hyung's ambition. DS is shown not to have a dream/ambition yet. And Taek dreams about kissing DS. That's how the dreams/wishes/ambitions of the 3 players of our main love triangle are juxtaposed. That make sense? I was initially skeptical about Reply writers writing a stereotypical Kdrama dream scenario but in this particular thematic context, the dream sequence actually makes a lot of sense. 

Besides, for DS to look at Taek with those lovey-dovey eyes and then kiss back seems way too unrealistic without appropriate build-up. I believe the purpose of the Tk-DS scenes in ep 17 was to make DS finally aware of Taek as a man and not just as a child she always ever mollycoddles. DS is finally aware of Taek as a guy. This development is important to keep alive the possibility of the romance to go either way in the last 3 episodes.

I think it's a dream too. Realistically speaking, it's a bit questionable how they end up in that upside down position considering the size of the room, they would've to sleep diagonally isn't it? And I really don't think DS could pretend to brush it off the next morning if it really happened. This is her first kiss.. from TK out of all people too.. she would atleast be surprised when she saw him waiting outside her gate if it's real. 

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

I'm dying to know does JH still have that picture from the concert in his wallet?  Will he it give back to DS if he decides to let go?  Can I please see a flashback of young DS pulling the class president's hair?  Is the class president a boy?  That would seriously be funny if DS made a boy cry.

I think the class president is a boy, that's why little JH wrote that DS is stronger than a boy. This writer really loves to write strong female characters, even Jin Joo has Papa Bear in the palm of her hand :D

--

I'm still curious though.. what is the irony of life in this episode?? It seems to be all about dreams. 

Also, why do I get the feeling that the scene of JH rushing will not be as dramatic as it was in the preview. I've become so jaded because this drama has a knack for making the simplest scenes look dramatic in preview #TeamLowExpectation :sweatingbullets:

• Like 14

I agree that it's a dream and might have suspected that TK does like her since he did say he likes someone and he is going to confess to the person soon. I read a theory that says maybe TK did try to date DS between 1990-1994 thus he said he tried(?) in the preview but maybe nothing happened and she ended up dating other guys while trying to move on from JH. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, fictionista said:

I think the most heart-wrenching moment from this episode was Jung Hwan's wish. Augh the look on his face, the tears gathering at the corner of his eyes threatening to spill over as he looks at Taek and wishes for his pain to go away. Can they make him any more swoonworthy or charming? I call him a REAL man because he can withstand that kind of emotional agony and still wish for his friend's happiness. What a character! Take a bow, Jung Hwan! Take a bow! He is the husband in my eyes even if the writer decides to pull some kind of fancy, nonsensical trick in the end.

#word, why create such a lovable charter and destroy him I don't think so.

• Like 5

I treat the love triangle and the other parts of the drama as 2 different dramas(started out doing this because I was frustrated with the progress and I love our otp too much:wub:). Because it's still a really good drama if I close 2eyes on the love triangle. Also, I didn't really have a good sleep :( 

• Like 5