[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

23 minutes ago, chloee34 said:

Woaaaa it's already 250 soon to be 300 pages :w00t: daebak! it's all due to your enormous contribution and love for this shipping thread and for uri junghwanie, please keep the love going guys :wub:

Only 4 days left until episode 17 airs "happy dance"

tumblr_nzxds3A7Yt1u4xdf3o6_400.gif

2016's hottest rising stars: Ryu Jun Yeol and Park Bogum

75705908.2_99_20160104080310.jpg

Article: [2016 Rising Star] 'Reply 1988' Ryu Jun Yeol, the entertainment industry's biggest rising star of 2016

Source: Sports Donga via Naver

1. [+3,287, -82] I think he's able to make the 'Junghwan' character shine that much brighter with his skills. It's hard to tell whether you're watching a character or the real person, that's how natural he is. I am looking forward to him this year.

2. [+1,861, -46] Ryu Jun Yeol fighting!!!

3. [+1,424, -53] Hope he hits daebak!!

4. [+377, -16] Even the most simplest lines, the way he says them makes your heart flutter ㅋㅋㅋ I wish him the best of luck... he's definitely a charming actor.

5. [+342, -16] He has amazing charms... considering his looks, he's come this far with just his charms alone. He's going to hit it big once he picks the right next project.

6. [+345, -18] Something's come over me;;; I see him as more and more handsome ㅋㅋ

Sr : netizenbuzz    (I apologize if this article has already been posted)

Ouch. That comment hurts. What is wrong with his looks I ask? He is not the conventional ggotminam surely but I don't get why every Kdrama male lead has to abide by stereotypical norms of beauty. As a fellow Reply watcher, my mom is on #TeamTaek but she adores the hell out of JH and thinks all the 4 guys are immensely good-looking (including LDH). I particularly like how he hasn't gone under the knife in order to be converted into a marketable commodity for his agency.

Anyway, chingudeul I'm so suffering from withdrawal symptoms thanks to the frustrating 1-week gap. I can barely even read or get myself to watch anything else. But I always love coming back to this page for more updates and insightful posts by fellow shippers. You guys make the wait somehow tolerable. :)

@hailaft Loved all your fanfic posts. I hope the writer draws some inspiration from your ideas. :D

While re-watching some of the episodes, I found another parallel. (aside from the ones already posted in the previous few pages) 

From Ep 4 - 

vlcsnap-2016-01-01-18h45m41s863_zpsybpom

Ep 9 - 

vlcsnap-2016-01-01-23h34m00s469_zpsfnvk0

I know I was among the ones who ranted the most after episodes 15 and 16 aired, but after rewatching them I have come to the conclusion that narrative-wise they were important to the drama. In the earlier episodes Jung Hwan was the focus - his many dimensions as loyal, dependable friend, one capable of sacrificing his happiness for his friend's, great, affectionate brother, filial son, and a swoonworthy love interest were explored while Taek's character development was given the short shrift. So the writer is only making up for lost time now. Episodes 15 and 16 are undoubtedly Taek-oriented and to a certain extent Dong Ryong-centered (thank god) and hence I can hardly complain as a viewer. So far Taek has majorly been at the receiving end in this story - love, respect, unrestrained adoration, care from every single person and their grandmother in this Ssangmundong neighborhood. He has been largely infantilized as a character so far, one who is used to being taken care of rather than be expected to do something for others, but in these last few episodes he is finally showing other sides which clearly mark him as a thoughtful friend, responsible adult and a wonderful young man in general. But yes I would have liked it if the writers had speeded up the love triangle a little bit as well. I mean was that long drawn-out conversation between the dads about stock prices in ep 16 really necessary? :rolleyes: Unless - God forbid - the writers are hinting at imminent financial ruin for any of the families.

• Like 15

I always said I was #TeamLowExpectations, but in the previous weeks I always had some expectations and that's why I was so let down each week. This time though, I literally have no expectations hahaha. I mean, it's ep 17/18 so something HAS to happen. But I'm not imagining all sorts of scenarios that could happen between JH/DS, and it's making me so much more calm about the episode. I think it's also because we haven't seen a preview at all.

#TEAMLOWEXPECATIONS (for real this time)

3 DAYS AND 19 HOURS

• Like 18

I wanted to point out some parallelism. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before but 

In reply 1997 : yoon Jae wanted to be a Pilot. i repeat PILOT 

In reply 1988: what does our handsome slyly kind fuzzball junghwan want to be? A fighter PILOT I repeat PILOT 

Oh my gah mind= blown 

* a littl bit of seo in guk (aka yoonjae) as he is second bae after all. Obvs junghwan comes first 

tumblr_mbuirf2xSp1qehk91o1_500.gif

• Like 15

I noticed people keep asking (and insisting that junghwan's not the hubby) about the possibility of junghwan having another copy of the picture since it doesn't fit in the large frame. But deoksun was there taking the picture with junghwan too, meaning (i pray to God about this) i believe she has the copy of the picture too. and ta-da that's probably answering the mistery of the picture's size. or maybe pd-nim wanted to troll us by showing a tiny picture inside the frame

am i right? or not?

• Like 9

Just now, comesandgoes said:

Actually everybody has their charm. To compare with someone seems wrong for me. They just dont want to see how RJY is perfect in his way

II did not compare the 2 of them in a bad way, i even wanted to add that to my post but i`ve hoped that no one will misunderstand me. i`ve mentioned him coz he is not classic example of flower boy just like RJY and people never said that he is not handsome. i hope you`ll understand now what i had in mind. :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, junghwanxdeoksunforevvs said:

I wanted to point out some parallelism. I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before but 

In reply 1997 : yoon Jae wanted to be a Pilot. i repeat PILOT 

In reply 1988: what does our handsome slyly kind fuzzball junghwan want to be? A fighter PILOT I repeat PILOT 

Oh my gah mind= blown 

* a littl bit of seo in guk (aka yoonjae) as he is second bae after all. Obvs junghwan comes first 

tumblr_mbuirf2xSp1qehk91o1_500.gif

also if junghwan really wanted to be a fighter pilot because of tom cruise's fan aka ssangmundong sunny, both yoonjae and junghwan shared the same goal. to be a fighter pilot because of someone they love hahahha

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

II did not compare the 2 of them in a bad way, i even wanted to add that to my post but i`ve hoped that no one will misunderstand me. i`ve mentioned him coz he is not classic example of flower boy just like RJY and people never said that he is not handsome. i hope you`ll understand now what i had in mind. :)

Oh no no!! Im sorry if i seem be offensive.. Maybe i shouldnt quote your post because i saw like that comparing comments everywhere so i wrote it like that. I understand what you mean,i know its not bad way too,dont worry!! And sorry again❤ 

• Like 5

ABOUT PAPA KIM (Mianhae this isn't about uri loving couple)

Idk if this has been posted before, but as I re-watch the first few episodes over and over and over again, I noticed that PAPA KIM is really good at guessing things:

In episode 1, he guessed the torch bearer for the 88 Olympic games correctly:

tumblr_o02a7cuNHI1qbyuu5o2_r1_540.jpg

And then in episode 2, still about the 88 Olympic games, he guessed that the winner of the running race used steroid for sure:

tumblr_o02a7cuNHI1qbyuu5o3_r1_540.png

I was curious about whether the runner did use steroid, and surprisingly he really did! 

Quoting the fact from Wikipedia: "Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was stripped of his gold medal for the 100 metres when he tested positive for stanozolol after the event."

Side note: apparently Seoul 88 Olympic Games had a lot of other controversies. Another source also states that a few other runners were also positive on the usage of steroids.

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, chloee34 said:

@Vannyah M i know right? he's handsome in his own natural way, so different from the korean flower boy type...  

Photo from stryuberry

I want those magazines:D his looks is very interesting coz he looks completely different when he`s laughing/smiling (cute) and when he`s serious (handsome).

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, minyeonhan said:

I noticed people keep asking (and insisting that junghwan's not the hubby) about the possibility of junghwan having another copy of the picture since it doesn't fit in the large frame. But deoksun was there taking the picture with junghwan too, meaning (i pray to God about this) i believe she has the copy of the picture too. and ta-da that's probably answering the mistery of the picture's size. or maybe pd-nim wanted to troll us by showing a tiny picture inside the frame

am i right? or not?

Plus in the future they could of enlarged it haha.

Girls,

I had another dream with RJY in it omg I don't dream about celebs much but I'm obviously nuts when it's this guy. :wub: hate waking up from my wonderful dreams where he's real, where I can touch him & converse with him. In this dream we were getting ready to hit the clubs lol. I guess my clubbing days are coming back in dreams with such a hot guy haha.

• Like 6

Just now, namunamuyeppeo said:

ABOUT PAPA KIM (Mianhae this isn't about uri loving couple)

Idk if this has been posted before, but as I re-watch the first few episodes over and over and over again, I noticed that PAPA KIM is really good at guessing things:

In episode 1, he guessed the torch bearer for the 88 Olympic games correctly:

tumblr_o02a7cuNHI1qbyuu5o2_r1_540.jpg

And then in episode 2, still about the 88 Olympic games, he guessed that the winner of the running race used steroid for sure:

tumblr_o02a7cuNHI1qbyuu5o3_r1_540.png

I was curious about whether the runner did use steroid, and surprisingly he really did! 

Quoting the fact from Wikipedia: "Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson was stripped of his gold medal for the 100 metres when he tested positive for stanozolol after the event."

Side note: apparently Seoul 88 Olympic Games had a lot of other controversies. Another source also states that a few other runners were also positive on the usage of steroids.

Oooooo that gives me an idea.

Maybe he'll predict that uri couple will end up together? And obvs that will come true?

• Like 8

Guest wizengamot

tumblr_m6ym941Aqv1qgb5p1o1_500_zps8f3f51

don't mind those who pick on his look, it doesn't make him any less handsome in our eyes and to those who love him. Their opinion doesn't define JH (or RJY for this matter) look, it defines their putrid behavior. *hands free mirrors to those creatures*

@namunamuyeppeo You have got some epic level detective skills there, chingu. :glasses: Mind=blown. I'm still kind of banking on the idea that JH's crush on DS is not a secret in this neighborhood. That SW and DR already know and maybe No Eul suspects something as well. Anyone else disappointed with the fact that nobody caught on to Bo Ra and Sun Woo's dating other than Taek and JH? I thought 'counselor' Dong Ryong would have sniffed something out.

On a side note, why am I not getting any notifications? Is this a site glitch or something? 

• Like 8

Guest wizengamot

about the pic future DS and future hubby hold:

i'm still considering that it's neither the MBC pic with JH or the China pic with TK. If you close up the said pic, it was slightly tilted and you'll see two black-like figure that doesn't really resemble those two pics (i already posted the close up before so i'm not gonna post again). although the production team can manipulate it later. But still, i think the purpose of the two pics (MBC and China) is to reveal to both JH and TK how much the other like DS because they basically see the other tucking it in their things (though i really prefer JH way) not being bias but putting it in a wallet that you carry everyday and open a few times throughout the day, i could not imagine how much JH's heart flutters (and breaks?) whenever he see his pic with DS.

8 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

about the pic future DS and future hubby hold:

i'm still considering that it's neither the MBC pic with JH or the China pic with TK. If you close up the said pic, it was slightly tilted and you'll see two black-like figure that doesn't really resemble those two pics (i already posted the close up before so i'm not gonna post again). although the production team can manipulate it later. But still, i think the purpose of the two pics (MBC and China) is to reveal to both JH and TK how much the other like DS because they basically see the other tucking it in their things (though i really prefer JH way) not being bias but putting it in a wallet that you carry everyday and open a few times throughout the day, i could not imagine how much JH's heart flutters (and breaks?) whenever he see his pic with DS.

MY EXACT THOUGHTS !! given the whole quirky nature of this drama series..... there may be a possibility of an entire different pic. held by LMY in 2015. Keeping in mind , the last Finale episode being likely to have several flashbacks and solving all the embedded clues to reveal the 'hubby'.... And, me thinks that the Ep. 9(MBC + China) photos served their purpose already in the last couple epis.

• Like 7