[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

9 hours ago, ChoieunmiK said:

i think that RJY supporter should together RJY fan thread more than shipper thread .

Protection RYJ from shipper wars cause  bring hater for him.  He is rising star and can lead in movie and dramas finally he found soulmate in screen (no DS ) 

IMHO it's fine though, chingu :) After all anyone can post in MT and shipper thread if the want to. But I can understand your point of view. We discover RJY through a character named Kim Junghwan. In RJY thread we can keep track on updates about him as an actor and a great individual, while in Reply 1988 threads (like this thread) we talk about KJH as a character that we love because of his many kind acts and his fenomenal heartbreak (hihi). 

"Protection RYJ from shipper wars cause  bring hater for him". by that do you mean we should protect RJY from shipper wars in R88 because there will be haters who bash him, chingu? Yes I'm dumbfounded at people who bash RJY for playing his character KJH and sharing his experience and feelings filming the drama. But they who bash and drags down a person, in fact the actor who experience the dynamics of the drama firsthand, I think we can just ignore them or pity them. Those haters I think have no sense of empathy and logic anymore, too indulged in their effort to praise a character they love to the extent that they will insult anyone else who they think is "not good enough", even bashing the actor in real life while all he does is following the script and director's command. There are dramas and movies with evil and hated characters, but the actors are not the characters in real life. That is a basic knowledge in watching fictional stories, right? To cross the line between fiction and real life like that (BGM: plays Beast's Fiction ;)) those people who bash are funny yet pitiful, methinks. And don't worry chingu, RJY's fans and admirers keep increasing each day. basically he is Korea's national husband now, so maaany people are by his side, muahahaha :D If you have updates or adorable pictures and videos of RJY, please do share them in RJY thread :lol: we love swooning over him in there! And yesss I would love to see him finally become a couple with an actress in drama/movie with amazing chemistry, or finding his true love in real life (although I might cry really hard. Haha)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, thenitsky said:

Oh what a mistake i made by visiting the MT :tears:

Some people there are really the most dense and intollerance. Don't they reflect on what happened to cause the MT being shut temporarily? Instead they just keep on going with analysis and theories and saying that it's for d sake of the  newbies, so they'll get their PoV when reading MT..lol..let them just backread few hundreds pages back!!!..nevertheless they prefer to add oil to fire..le sigh..

But i am proud of my fellow JH-DS shipper on the MT who try best to create sane atmosphere and being more mature.hurrah to all of you!

I'm not wrong in choosing my home afterall..this thread and RJY thread is my oasis..

IKR? *bear hug* I backread from the first comment posted after the thread reopen, so it's about 3-4 pages. It's the same old people coming back again and doing the same thing though. So from now on I think I'll just drop by to write a comment related to R88 if I have any, and be out in a flash. No need to add more headache.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

IKR? *bear hug* I backread from the first comment posted after the thread reopen, so it's about 3-4 pages. It's the same old people coming back again and doing the same thing though. So from now on I think I'll just drop by to write a comment related to R88 if I have any, and be out in a flash. No need to add more headache.

I can't help but to think that the main purpose for them posting in the MT right now is to annoy us and rubbing it in our face in in this tone "looks you ignorant fools, can't you see THESE ?!".
It is offensive and no one who have self respect should read whatever kind of analysis in that kind of tone, specifically from people who they have dissagrement with. How can we understand each other PoV if we use that kind of tone ?

There is this one girl that I really respect before because she get us and try to get her point across in a non offensive way, but now not so much. She is really out for blood. All respect that I have for her has vanished. And it means that  anything that has her name attached otomatically being skipped.

I was really hoping that we can keep the MT being friendly to all shipper. You can rant all you want in the shipper thread or your private chat room, but we should be able being civil in the MT.

The one mistakes that I see them often make are, they lurk to the shipper thread, lurk to the chatroom, and then bring whatever bad notes that they found there to the MT. So far I never found this kind of behaviour from our members.

The shipper thread or the chatroom being created as if it is a house where family members let their guard down and talk about anything under the sun to their heart content. And MT is a public room where the guard is up and we are suppose to be more polite and civil to each other. Why bring the private talk to the public forum ??  If you want to argue..argue in that private room it self or don't go there if you can't take the heat.

There's so many things that can be talked about other then the Love Line. 

And now we can't do because we don't have the heart to go to the MT again. The thread will soon die down this way with only 3 to 4 person talking to themselves.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, pi2tni4ng said:

I can't help but to think that the main purpose for them posting in the MT right now is to annoy us and rubbing it in our face in in this tone "looks you ignorant fools, can't you see THESE ?!". It is offensive and no one who have self respect should read whatever kind of analysis in that kind of tone, specifically from people who they have dissagrement with. How can we understand each other PoV if we use that kind of tone ?

There is this one girl that I really respect before because she get us and try to get her point across in a non offensive way, but now not so much. She is really out for blood. All respect that I have for her has vanished. And it means that  anything that has her name attached otomatically being skipped.

I was really hoping that we can keep the MT being friendly to all shipper. You can rant all you want in the shipper thread or your private chat room, but we should be able being civil in the MT, no passive aggresive tone.

There's so many things that can be talked about other then the Love Line. 

And now we can't do because we don't have the heart to go to the MT again.

You can't help ~ing, chingu? Hihi :D I love that phrase since the drama.

Yas. I can go on talking about the families for hours...But the comments about family storylines are always outnumbered by comments about husband analysis and "see I told you this is an obvious clue". It's hard to back read so many pages. Has anyone talk about how well Noeul sing or how iconic Dongnyonryong is? Sigh

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

You can't help ~ing, chingu? Hihi :D I love that phrase since the drama.
Yas. I can go on talking about the families for hours...But the comments about family storylines are always outnumbered by comments about husband analysis and "see I told you this is an obvious clue". It's hard to back read so many pages. Has anyone talk about how well Noeul sing or how iconic Dongnyonryong is? Sigh

LOL at "You can't help ~ing"

And how marvelous that one black dude sing ? I love his singing. It was a nice surprise (bad news for DR though LOL)

• Like 1

For me, the drama gone off track from ep13.

I wish it goes like this

ep 13 - JH and DS goes for movie date. DS do something that lead to JH having a reaction similar to ep10 'Haijima' scene. They start to officially date and the Lee Moon Sae concert is their first date. DS wear skirt and JH gets pissed off but give up on trying to correct her. Tons of sweet, cute and dumb moments. DS and JH kiss with DS taking the first step/certain actions that make JH no longer resist and kiss DS. Taek tell Sunwoo he's going to confess to DS.

Ep 14 - DS and JH continue to be cute, but their personality clash(they know each other really well but the change from friends to lovers can lead to unexpected differences) and leads to conflict. JH wants to explain and make up but he lack the courage and hesitated. DS start to focus on University entrance exam.

Ep 15 -  4 of the 5 main characters focus on University entrance exam. Taek confess to DS.  

Ep 16 - The story continue to focus on preparation for University entrance exam, DS thinks through Taek's confession. 

Ep 17 - Time jump to 1994. DS, JH and TK date different people throughout the years. The love triangle is still there. 

Ep 18 - JH confession. 

Ep 19 - JH and DS got together after JH's confession. It's 1994 and JH still don't smoke. DS rejected Taek in 1989 but did date him in between/give him a chance when he continue to pursue her but they still broke up. 

Ep 20 - Happy JH-DS end. Turns out JH only start smoking in 2015. TK meet a cute newbie baduk reporter who is 11/12 years younger than him. At first he seems cold and boring to her like to many other people but being a long time fan of him she is insistent on pursuing him(she admires him a lot and he's totally her ideal type). She takes really good care of him and change his playing style to make it even better (Lee Chang Ho playing style did change in the latter years because the newer players understand his old style really well). 

• Like 19

20 minutes ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

Just read those post unrelated to the husband topic :)... And also post there about you're felling for the drama as a whole... :)...

11 minutes ago, debieg said:

Just read those post unrelated to the husband topic :)... And also post there about you're felling for the drama as a whole... :)...

Yeah, I think I'm getting a little better now at skimming the comments and skipping particular ones. Practice makes perfect? :D someone has finally posted a comment about DR! Yeaay! 

3 minutes ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

Yeah, I think I'm getting a little better now at skimming the comments and skipping particular ones. Practice makes perfect? :D someone has finally posted a comment about DR! Yeaay! 

Really? that's a good one add about the other characters too and time will come those who post biased one will run out of topic unless they post redundant topics...

Hello! :)

Ah this thread is back :wub:

I am quite sad and disappointed to hear things are back to how they were before being shut down at the main thread. Frankly, people need to chill. Why that need to rub it in our face? How old are we?!

I still think the same thing as I used to think. I am still very disatisfied with how things played out. But I don't need to rub it in the face of TK and DS shippers! I am still interested in what they have to say and I would love to read their theories. BUt not with their tone and the way they do it. It's like they are getting back from being victimized! WTF?!

Anyway, it is best to stay away!! No need to dialogue with people who think there is no dialogue possible... Which sucks but that is life after all.

So I read an article in which Hyeri said that after the scene where DS could not sleep because TK cancelled on her, she condred why. PDnim said that it was because she was in love with Taek. I actually find this really interesting! I like the idea, I really do. She did not know what love was and it crept in unto her in unexpected ways. That means JH was supposed to be a failed love from the beginning. Which is fine by me... I loved that asêct of it.

BUT I still wish they would have developped it better. Frankly, if it had been done a bit better, I think it would have been amazing. JH's failed love and DS and TK could have complemented each other so well.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting. And it puts a different light on how things could/should have been.

On another note, a girl I know (we go to Korean class together) watched R1988 and loved it. And yet, she said she was really confused by the last episodes. She felt that it took a totally different direction. She was as confused as so many people were...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pi2tni4ng said:

LOL at "You can't help ~ing"

And how marvelous that one black dude sing ? I love his singing. It was a nice surprise (bad news for DR though LOL)

Yes! I knew something will go wrong when that dude appears. DR's face when the guy sings and when he is eliminated after singing 1 line is so funny :D and after that cheetah miran's turn...I laughed so much at those two entertainers.

• Like 2

@iloveenglishsubs Oh thanks for posting those videos! I love Immortal Songs but I had forgotten that ALi had done a cover of that song. I kept thinking back of the songs played on R1988 and that were covered on IS and they are sooo many!

I know I sound like I am always complaining and I am (it is a French thing!) but I still love this show to death :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

Reminder:

You guys will be facing troll, ignore it. Do not take their bait and get into an argument with them, if they don't like seeing shippers like you guys and give a bite of you guys shipping and snip it off with you guys, just say 'Thanks'.

Just be polite and ignore it and avoid warring with them, each to their own.

Enjoy shipping and also as a kindred spirit though I'm not a fan of R88, shipping is never easy :)

Happy shipping

Regards.

Thank You (sincere) 

• Like 4

Just now, wizengamot said:

THIS!!!! I just died hahahaha!!!

OUR SHIP IS SAILING EVEN IN REAL LIFE

I am not sure it is but I LOVE the fact that there are indenialbe connections. Frankly there are many reasons why their chemistry was amazing and that so many people shipped DS and JH!

(I don't really agree with what they say though. I mean yes it is nice to be taken care of by someone who loves you and who you love, but what does it have anything to do with gender? :P I think this is what love is all about! I don't feel the need to define that in terms of gender. ) 

• Like 7

Guest wizengamot

Hyeri conflicted about 'Reply 1988' ending

SEOUL, Jan. 28 (Yonhap) -- Singer Hyeri, who played the very lovely Deokson on the tvN hit drama "Reply 1988," has spoken up about the show's controversial ending.

Spoiler alert: She turns down her childhood crush Kim Jeong-hwan to marry what had been a peripheral character, Choi Taek.

Just like "Reply 1988" fans, Hyeri says she was baffled by the unexpected turn of events.

AEN20160128002200315_01_i.jpg

"Well ... you know Deokseon's history. I didn't 'change' the course of the story per se, but I was really conflicted as to how I'd deliver that to viewers," she told Yonhap News Agency in an interview earlier this week.

The member of the girl group Girl's Day says she first learned about Deokseon's future husband when she read the script for the 16th episode "The Irony Called Life - Part 1," when Choi cancels a meeting with Deokseon at the last minute. Hyeri didn't understand why that upset Deokseon so much. (me: i know right, Hyeri/DS. Even the viewers find it completely odd that it upsets DS. lol hahahahaha!!! i'm glad we're not the only ones. Even Hyeri is confused.)

"When producer Shin Won-ho told me, 'It's cuz he's her future husband,' I got really concerned actually," she said. "Mr. Shin said it was natural for me to feel confused. He said Deokseon is, too."

Hyeri's explanation was that such ambivalence was to be expected from a 16-year-old.

"I guess Deokseon didn't know what she was feeling herself, and viewers got really immersed in the tumultuous emotions a girl experiences at that age," she said.

When asked who she would have chosen if she really were Deokseon, Hyeri, like Deokseon, was equivocal.

"I want a person who is half like Kim and half like Choi," she said, laughing. "Both are great people. They're such good friends. But they both have flaws, too. Jeong-hwan doesn't like to express his feelings, which would be annoying to a woman. But with Taek, I'd have to be very sensitive with everything. So I want someone who has a little bit of both."

AEN20160128002200315_02_i.jpg

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

(END)

My comment on this interview

- okay i died laughing of the Spoiler alert. They called TK "a peripheral character" which is actually quite true in terms of the love line. JH is obviously the central point of the loveline. And I'm just really glad that even the media knows it. TK suddenly becoming endgame is undeniably a surprise, because "he was barely there" on the triangle. You won't see much of his presence.

- I think Hyeri just decided to go with "half of both" kind of answer just to be diplomatic and all but if we'll focus on the first part of the interview, she definitely likes JH for DS.

Quoting @wizengamot on the previous post - "Mr. Shin said it was natural for me to feel confused. He said Deoksun is too." (Quoting Hyeri on the interview).   Thank you, Hyeri, for validating the confusion, the natural confusion. We were all naturally confused. And not in a good way. 

Hyeri did her best though to act with the script that she was given-- bravo to her Deoksun! 

And LOL on the "peripheral character" reference (because it's true!!)

• Like 10