[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Took crack (no i'm kidding, i just slept well and rewatched the ep again haha) and decided to convince myself at least at the possible scenarios that is coming or should be coming, if they do wrap up this series with Junghwan as end game.

these are things I pondered on

a. Taek x Deoksun was necessary because WTF she needs to experience first love at least! First loves are sweet, bubblegum-y, pink, and just like candy. She needs a love that is reciprocated, since her lovelife during her highschool years are messed up.

I would like to believe, again, I took crack so hahahahaha that this happens in the 1989 - 1993 window when Junghwan wasn't there. It's possible and realistic because they're always seeing each other, love is proximity and after that '89 kiss Deoksun had better chances with him that any other guy in the block.

The hotel room kiss happened. It was real. But there is still no confirmation on what year it happened. 
The cute sweater scene happened. But we don't know when it happened.

b. Of course, for Junghwan to be end game, this TK x DS phase has to come to a clean end.

They tried, but it didn't work. This can be of many reasons, not just Junghwan, he's away for god's sake how can Deoksun even think about him and she has her hopes and dreams and work-- so this relationship needs to end because it just won't work for the long run.

Hence, a new window of chance for Junghwan came during 1994.

But this will only work if they tied up their relationship nicely. Kkeut. No hard feelings.

c. The seemingly messy timeline of ep19 was deliberate.

Deoksun always wears the same clothes. And has the same hairstyle. So the timeline is pretty much messed up this way as we don't know how the scenes took place what happened first, second, and last (yes i took crack don't worry about it i'm fine really HAHAHAA). And by the cut of the hotel room kiss, it made us feel and think (yeaaaah i know) that she was giggling of happiness and sweetness after they kissed.

Well yeah, it could be. After the kiss she left even though Taek would've wanted her to stay. If it was an epiphany moment, she could've thought "ahhhhh he'll be my husband" and agree to sleep in his room because there weren't any chances she'll lose if she sleeps with a guy in the same room, after all, if he's gonna be the husband. (remember her not wanting to sleep in taek's room during ep18)

But it could be that they kissed, but she still felt awkward, but still wanted to try dating him, so yeah. Idek what's the point really of this sentence. HAHAHAHA

If they kissed and she still felt awkward, hence the preview was telling us exactly what it meant. There would be relationship struggles along the way. But the coat-hug scene.. what about that then? 

So what I'm trying to say is..

A lot can really be turned around for tonight's episode.

But that doesn't make me feel any better from last night's ep. Both teams are gonna be pissed and it's not even a clean win for either guys.
It's like a contest-- which sides gets effed up more HAHAHA

If it makes it any better, I want them Deoksun to show she's worthy of Junghwan's ever greeeeen love. (cue music: Evergreen)
We know how much Junghwan cared for her, and I want her character to show me that she understood what he did for her and that she could reciprocate or more.

Hay.

D-day guys, this is it.

• Like 18

this drama is ruining my life right now. i can't do anything properly without thinking of junghwan. HE DESERVES SOMEONE BETTER, PLEASE!! after all his life loving and sacrificing for others, junghwan HAS to received love that much too! i want justice for junghwan.

I can't stop the tears ya'll? the tears will not stop,,,,,,THEY CAME SO CLOSE....I CANT STOP CRYING I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS WAY....OH LAWDS WHY....I WAS SO SURE BUT WHY.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST MAKE IT STOP HURTING....HOW ARE THEY NOT ENDGAME....I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY EMOTIONS. I FEEL TWO CONTRASTING FEEELS....

• Like 8

Honestly, reading the recap just threw water on my 1%. Jung hwan-ah just be happy, that's all I want for you bae! Just find a nice girl and be REALLY REALLY happy wih her. And make sure she loves you just as much you love her. I have to think like this, otherwise it hurts too much! Arghhh...... T_T

and make sure to smile daily from the bottom of your heart! Don't ever be sad! Just be happy, Jung hwan-ah! Be truly happy, not fake happy! But, truly happy! 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I can't stop the tears ya'll? the tears will not stop,,,,,,THEY CAME SO CLOSE....I CANT STOP CRYING I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS WAY....OH LAWDS WHY....I WAS SO SURE BUT WHY.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST MAKE IT STOP HURTING....HOW ARE THEY NOT ENDGAME....I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY EMOTIONS. I FEEL TWO CONTRASTING FEEELS....

i can't say anything that will comfort you, because i exactly know and undertand how you feel. let me give you an air hug! we'll get over this somehow

please correct me, in dramabeans recap, i read moment when TK eat when omma and appa stare at him, its before he go to beijing? So? He meet JH in Sacheon is after the Beijing scene right? So he meet JH to tell that he already dating with DS? even he dont mentioned it.

• Like 3

I think this is worse than than what happened to Chilbong! At least we kinda saw that coming...

THIS was nothing but a hoax! Like WHY would you put so much emphasis on JH's character development and how he's the perfect friend, son and sibling to blow it all away?!

ME DON'T COMPREHEND.

And closure! My dear. Closure. Where's the closure?!!

• Like 12

I NEED THE LAST EPISODE SO I CAN FULLY LET GO....IT ISN'T FAR...I CAN'T.....I CAN'T STOP CRYING....OH GOD WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL...SHE'LL NEVER KNOW AND NEITHER WILL HE WHAT ONE TRULY FELT FOR THE OTHER......I AM DYING....I CAN'T.....I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS ANYMORE....WAEEE BUT DID IT ALL REALLY MEAN NOTHING.....THE BUS...THE GLOVES..THE PINK SHIRT.....THE BEDROOM SCENE.....THE DON'T GO....WAS IT ALL FOR NOT.....NOOOOOOO.....WHY DID THEY GIVE US ALL OF THAT IF IT WAS FOR NOTHING.....OH DRAMA GODS IT HURTS........WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY THE ALLEY SCENE OH LORD MAKE IT STOP...

• Like 14

I've only been able to comment now - I tried to check soompi at 6am but it wouldn't load as we all crashed the forum with our heartbreak. I've only caught glimpses of what goes down in episode 19 but all I have to say is - I'm really disappointed in the writers. I feel like they got caught up in their mind games and were far too sensitive to viewer opinions. They lost the focus of their writing and got caught up in arguing with public opinion. Was the name of the episode eonamTaek or did I read wrong? If so that is totally the writers going HAH in your face you thought you were right but noooo look you're wrong. They said it wasn't about the husband hunt but I think they got far too sensitive about the spoilers and the public's majority cheering for JH.

I think they misread the public's support for JH as some sort of taunt against them like saying whatever show trick us all you want we know JH is the husband - when I feel like what the public meant to show was support for JH and were trying to rally because the majority of us FELL IN LOVE WITH JH AND DS's story and we were desperate to have it come true because we are SO IN LOVE with this couple and people were paranoid since Reply is KNOWN as the Who's the Husband game and we all knew who we loved and wanted - a JH-DS ENDING. I feel like the writers took the support for JH the wrong way - him winning all the husband polls and the trending on twitter - and their pride got in the way of amazing storytelling. They built up such a beautiful love story - one of the greatest I have ever in my life had the honor of witnessing and tore it down all because of their egos. Like oh you don't decide what happens to the characters WE do.

I was reading NBuzz and this is EXACTLY like How I Met Your Mother's finale in the way that - you built all these AMAZING characters how could you ruin it with such an ending - after the finale I could never look at HIMYM the same again and the exact same thing has happened with Reply 1988. You have ruined a beautiful love story. In both cases - YES it's possible for this outcome - just as the outcome happened in HIMYM and I won't spoil it in case there are still people left that don't know - both outcomes ARE realistic. things like this DO happen in real life. What happened in HIMYM I couldn't ARGUE with persay as these things HAPPEN. I've witnessed friendships fall apart, love gone wrong, etc. But when you craft SUCH A BEAUTIFUL STORY it's SUCH A DAMN SHAME to ruin it like this.

And furthermore I'm upset as this messy ruination of the storyline also ruins DS for a lot of people. And I am hurt on part for DS as I sincerely believe the writers original intention was for a JH-DS ending but they changed it as public sentiment hurt their ego and they wanted to bite back. DS is a beautiful person who would look EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL when finally with JH and this has been ruined. I see some people don't like DS anymore and think JH could do better - they were PERFECT  together the writers just RUINED them in people's eyes. I find this whole situation so unfair.

I'm so upset and nothing will make me feel better about this.

and NO I don't feel and will never gracefully acquiesce to TK-DS ship because this is BAD WRITING. 

P.S. That RJY/Hyeri // JH-DS chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS AND YOU'RE TELLING ME WE DON'T GET THE CRAZY REAL AND INTENSE MAKE OUT SCENE THAT EVERY OTHER CHARACTER GETS??????????

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, MrsRyu said:

please correct me, in dramabeans recap, i read moment when TK eat when omma and appa stare at him, its before he go to beijing? So? He meet JH in Sacheon is after the Beijing scene right? So he meet JH to tell that he already dating with DS? even he dont mentioned it.

Even if that's true. Junghwan's wish upon the falling star come true. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Like 7

I'm just sad now! I really don't feel like seeing ep. 20 now. It's just going to be more bora/sung woo stuff and Taek/Ds lovey dovey stuff. Sigh.... 

Where did we go wrong? I just don't get it! Is writer punishing us for always saying/guessing, Jung hwan is the husband? Are the writers and PDs some kind of masochists so throw us this curveball? Just, what made them do this? The whole trajectory was already set up for Jung hwan to be the husband and all those time, we didn't see DS's reactions when JH did something for her, are those times just going to be left hanging? Is this how Jung hwan's story will end? With no proper closure, with no proper answer from the girl he loves to his confession and feelings. Just... why. And how are we supposed to digest this? This just hurts! 

• Like 4

WHAT IS OXYGEN WHAT IS AIR WHAT IS LIFE....I CAN'T....IT WAS ALL RIGHT THERE SPELLED OUT FOR THEM....IT WAS ALL THERE.....I WAS THE ONLY ONE READING INTO THINGS.....I WAS THE ONLY ONE PLAYED.....WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GIVE ME THIS FOR SO LONG.....I AM NEVER WATCHING ANOTHER REPLY SERIES AGAIN!!!!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I NEED THE LAST EPISODE SO I CAN FULLY LET GO....IT ISN'T FAR...I CAN'T.....I CAN'T STOP CRYING....OH GOD WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL...SHE'LL NEVER KNOW AND NEITHER WILL HE WHAT ONE TRULY FELT FOR THE OTHER......I AM DYING....I CAN'T.....I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS ANYMORE....WAEEE BUT DID IT ALL REALLY MEAN NOTHING.....THE BUS...THE GLOVES..THE PINK SHIRT.....THE BEDROOM SCENE.....THE DON'T GO....WAS IT ALL FOR NOT.....NOOOOOOO.....WHY DID THEY GIVE US ALL OF THAT IF IT WAS FOR NOTHING.....OH DRAMA GODS IT HURTS........WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHWY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHWY WHY WHY WHY WHY THE ALLEY SCENE OH LORD MAKE IT STOP...

i feel you i really do. It just like a nightmare to me. Imma send you a hug from vietnam if i can huhu. I just sleep 3 hours yesterday cuz it hurt so much. Why a drama could be so harsh to us. 

• Like 4