[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

22 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

The rage is Korea is real Guys. Even when the article talked about Deoksun's crying speech about her father, they weren't moved at all. Here is the link

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2016/01/spoilers-reply-1988-park-bogum-irene.html?m=1

That was what happened for me too, I sat back not really focusing on my screen but playing with phone. it wasn't touching for me as well. 

20 minutes ago, natdonuts said:

If In the end, taek broke up with deoksun because of sunwoo marriages with bora, I still think that Junghwan deserve someone better than deoksun. Sorry :vicx:

Exactly!!! I don't want DS for JH anymore. She is just put me off. Messed up! 

10 minutes ago, bluishguitar said:
Spoiler

JH's persona is not belittled by not ending up with DS. :)

JH's character is the most well-written character in this series. The character has this capacity to make us relate to his feelings. If it's not, then we will not be like this throwing into a fit.

I realized that he is not pathetic. There's more to life than getting the girl in the end. He is one of those awesome and cool guys in the world, though he does not end up with DS. He transformed from a dog to a real man, with those scenes showing him being mature at his decisions and realizations, and what he has done for himself, his friends, his parents and his neighbors in Ssangmundong.

Though Taek's personality transformed and changed much too through the years, JH's transformation takes it all and makes last night's episode worth watching.

One's first love may be saddening and frustrating, but it sure improves us and teaches us a lesson. The angst and brooding is still worth it after seeing JH's personality at Episodes 18 and 19.

I finally got rid of this bitterness I felt yesterday because I see JH happy. Though my ship has sunk, I am feeling like a winner right now. :) He is finally free and over with those jealousy, hesitation, and frustration she felt when she adored DS.

Let the writer explain some of the loopholes, though right now I think that they were just showed to lure us more into JH/DS ship and continue to watch 'til the end of the series. :D

I hope he will be the one to deliver that "If you hear it, then reply, my eighties" line if this series has one. This will bring goosebumps as well as satisfaction for us who love JH.

And more projects for Ryu Jun Yeol. He is such a great actor. ;)

So much agree, the thing I disagree with Knetz is when they said JH has become the joke for the entire drama, NO because his character is the best character and well-developed among the 5 Ssangmundong Kids. He is well loved by most viewers. But it still doesn't explain why should we following his pov to let someone else take it over the show? It's just as frustrating, doesn't make sense and really wasteful. 

@MrsSoJiSub you're shouting out my frustration! I never been wrong in decide who's ended up with who in Kdrama, because it is always predictable if we are following the plot. But now it's just unacceptable even for either both ways, I am asking myself where did I go wrong? when? where actually? no matter how hard I'm thinking of it, I can't find the answer, when? where did I go wrong?? 

I said I won't blame production team even if Taek is the husband, I didn't realize there would be a plot that I would hate like in epi 19, I didn't see it coming that such a plot, (the one would annoyed you and questioning your ability to read a story)   would ever exist.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, lala14 said:

You watched the alternate ending? What is it like? What makes it different? I only watched the original one, and almost throw my laptop out.

And if you get married to him, can I "borrow" your napyeon for 1 week? I promise it will only be for one week. *winking* I need a closure.

hmmm......i dont think you could borrow my husband for that long T.T i'm so protective with him, sorry!!! hahahahahah :)

the alternate ending is just five of them plus the wife hanging out at mc larrens and compilation scene with ted narration and the end close with the legendary yellow umbrella flying out ~ it's still not make me happy about the ending but i prefer that way. 

you could watch the alternate ending here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoHUs8J7x94

1. If this story is told in normal, chronological plot I think I'd be more accepting

2. JungHwan isn't a second lead. Repeat, HE IS NOT THE SECOND LEAD.

3. Let's take this series as a pure family/friendship drama. 

4.... because there's not much lesson to learn in the romance department. (What can we learn? We need to give up our love for our best friend? Harboring unsaid feeling for freakin 6 years? Not telling your honest feeling/truth? to not being able to recognise our feeling? HAH??) 

• Like 18

Will they focused more on the present (1994) or flashabcks to make TK the husband???

Will we know why DS became stewardess? (probably something to do with TK and him traveling ¬¬ NOO)

(why why why why why why make a really significant parallelism of JHxDS fighting over the music albums and the years...and have the future DS and husband do the same with the concerts? )

I want explanations!!! of everything  (for me...relying on flashabcks is kinda bad writing..because that means you can create whatever you want and then put some random scene of whoever to clear plot holes)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gangurhar said:

I hope future JH is sexy af. I want him to be played by like Lee Soo Jin or something. And that he has a gorgeous wife and cute kids and plays planes with them and takes care of his brother and still quietly helps DS. 

I just want him to be happy guys!!! How hard is this?????

RICHARD SIMMONS YES!!! TO THE MAX!!!! 10000000XXX TOTES AGREE. YAAAAAAAAAAS.

A guy like him? 

Smart little pumpkin like him?

selfless little cutie like him?

Hot piece of meat that he is?

He'll find one with no trouble. He'll get his happily ever after :confounded:

Im... I'm... Yeah.. I'm quite sure of it..:bawling::bawling:

• Like 3

It must be all RJY's fault. His character must have been just a second lead but because he acted it out so well, he made me believed believed and believed he's the husband. He shined the most so I read too much to it. Probably the writer must be showing clues about taek being a husband and I just didn't notice it? I can't believe I was the delusional one.

Sour graping here. I'm trying to convince myself its my fault coz I really don't want to hate this drama.

Btw, why is the ost part 11 sound cheery. I much prefer the orig version. Makes me cry.

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

that , yes that it's killing me ......they got everything without doing anything .

Taek was sleeping for the 2/3 of the show  when JH was receiving bunches for his friend, buying chestnuts for his mother while he was writing her name in english in her passport, while he was searching the stores to find the perfect gift/gloves for DS, waiting in rain for DS, etc, etc, etc,his moments are too many to write them down.

His family was there to help the rest of neighbors in their difficult times , sharing with them their first  experience with western food, trying all together the western noodles Hahahah can not stop smiling when I remember this episode, eating Hamburger for the first time with Their friends, giving money to DS mom for her trip, and again I dont know where to stop with all their kind actions.

What writer wants to tells me here ?

Think first yourself and after the others ? ? ?

It kills me but I think we'll get the explanations tomorrow and see how much taek suffered in his love all these years and richard simmons like that but honestly f-u-c-k him f-u-c-k that f-u-c-k it all f-u-c-k episode 18 *yeah the 2 margaritas and a beer are taking hold* this is how I feel I was done:

Writers: You go Sung Sunwoo. Four for you Choi Taek.........AND NONE FOR KIM JUNGHWAN ALTHOUGH WE HAD SET IT UP AS SUCH, BYEEEE

• Like 18

Just wake up and feel nothing. Lol. 

today is the last ep. Somehow, i feel relieved and happy. I will get my life back and can focus on my study.

Haizzz.. really I am so speechless.

tsk. Writernim, u did injustice in JH character. u make him look so miserable in many ep. And somehow you destroy my first love fantasy. hahaha

307330-danisnotonfire-heartbreak-gif&h=2

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, cherisshuu said:

HOW SAD I WOKE UP FEELING CHEATED AND ANGRY. R88 definitely has just ruined my weekend. I asked a lot of why? question today. I cant even digest how and what the writer trying to do, and even when I skimmed ep 19 just now there is a lot of hints pointed to Taek. Like wow, they're generous suddenly *rolling eyes* And where is the writer of ep 1-16 go? Its just different feelings after ep 18. Like two writers in one series.

couldn't agree more. and i remember knetizen's comment:

8. [+1,840, -119] Writer-nim, aren't you being so harsh on Junghwan??? Felt like I'm watching a completely different drama the week after they cancelled the episodes

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2016/01/spoilers-reply-1988-park-bogum-irene.html?m=1

Well thanks to the writer, couldn't deny the overall story about family and friendship is so beautiful and has so much meaning which i can relate with my own life. Yet they better give us a good and rational ending tonight, especially for JH love line. After all imo the male-lead in the drama is still JH despite whoever the husband is. And if he's not the husband, then main love story of this drama is about JH's first love.......or maybe BRxSW lol.

NB: Don't expect from humans though. It will hurt. haha

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, grcevln said:

1. If this story is told in normal, chronological plot I think I'd be more accepting

2. JungHwan isn't a second lead. Repeat, HE IS NOT THE SECOND LEAD.

3. Let's take this series as a pure family/friendship drama. 

4.... because there's not much lesson to learn in the romance department. (What can we learn? We need to give up our love for our best friend? Harboring unsaid feeling for freakin 6 years? Not telling your honest feeling/truth? to not being able to recognise our feeling? HAH??) 

ya if you look at it that way the show does make a lot more sense. we got told from the beginning that this season was supposed to be more focused on family and friendship and they really did focus on that part of the story. i swear up until the recent episodes (i don't know how the 20th will go and there were some tkxds moments that showed hints of her liking him back) jung hwan's feelings for taek feel stronger than any sort of romantic feelings deok sun possesses for taek lol (that's just my opinion i can see how others might view it differently but please don't correct me not right now hahaha)

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, thirdleadsyndrome said:

My fellow oppas and noonas,

Based on the result of ep20 and the confirmaton that JH is not the husband, i will make a gofundme (Taek That tvN)page dedicated to raising funds. We will use this money to hire the entire cast and shoot our own ending. For i feel if JH is not the husband we will use the previous fanfictions as a basis for a script. We will then send it to every station in korea and have them make an emergency broadcast. 

LMFAOOO!!! YOOO!!!! THIS WOULD BE EPIC!!!!

EPIC! I TELL YOU!!!

Imagine how shocked RYU would be if he were to find out that an entire forum/fans actually made their own ending just for him! LOL 

IMAGINNNNNEEE

still_03-1-296x351.jpg

• Like 17

@holyguacamole Yes I was totally being reminded of Apple of my eye while watching this episode hoping something will happen to at least let deoksun know. If they seriously don't let Junghwan confess his feelings or show them in someway that will be the biggest disappointment I get from this drama DX. I will be able to fully accept Taek as the husband if they show that Junghwan truly moved on 

also so I keep hearing this "the authors decided to be more realistic and say that first love doesn't always work out" but I'm pretty sure that deoksun is Taek first love XD

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, cocosweety1 said:

@holyguacamole Yes I was totally being reminded of Apple of my eye while watching this episode hoping something will happen to at least let deoksun know. If they seriously don't let Junghwan confess his feelings or show them in someway that will be the biggest disappointment I get from this drama DX. I will be able to fully accept Taek as the husband if they show that Junghwan truly moved on 

also so I keep hearing this "the authors decided to be more realistic and say that first love doesn't always work out" but I'm pretty sure that deoksun is Taek first love XD

Seriously though like come on writers!!!! If they wanted to be unique y'all should have had DS marry DR and then have TaekHwan happen. Ahhhhhhhhh

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, amyrrhielle said:

Amen, sister, amen! I felt like a fool watching because in none of the episodes did I feel a romantic connection between DS and TK. 

I agree with you that I feel like DS-TK would be the most hated couple. DS, despite DR's advice, couldn't decide who she really liked and went with whoever showed feelings for her. TK acted like a baby through most of the series. DS mostly acted like a mom to him. That's a weird relationship dynamic. And TK breaking the bro-code was big no-no. As I said in an earlier post, the dynamics between the love triangle would have cost them their friendships. Thus, I felt the story was unrealistic, when the Reply series has been about real relationships. 

I don't want DS to get uri JH. JH deserves a girl who's not fickle-minded, and who will love him unconditionally. Right now, DS is not that girl nor will she ever be. so yeah, TK can have her. 

P.S. i don't hate TK. i just really hate the story now. 

I wonder if it's really true that the casts didn't know who the end game is when they first started filming so Hyeri just showed a lot more chemistry with RJY based on gut feeling hahaha (and then like us got confused when TK is suddenly in the picture so can't depict the feeling properly).

I'm actually really sad for TK. He is such a great character before but now I can imagine he got a lot of cursing when people talk about him (someone mentioned that the fanboys at R94 thread in DC/Naver still continuously talk about Trash in high praises, I bet it's the opposite with TK, bro-code is so important for most boys). This is all such a mess.

• Like 7

the male lead did not get the girl in the end! he very much was/is the male lead and he very much is not getting the girl and i just...what did i miss..that is the one thing killing me.....that it all doesn't seem to fit....doesn't seem to be over but it is....my gods i need that chilbong like goodbye and thank you from deok sun or i will perish....i get it....they were realistic this time around and the boy did not get the girl....while he was loving her she was falling in love with the boy in the shadows that loved her...painful but real....i accept it....they came so close, they could have had it all but like romeo dies then juliet wakes then she kills herself too...some things are epically tragic....we could have had it all....we came so close....but then there was hesitation....there was a car that wouldn't start.....there were traffic lights....there he walked away....there was him and his own decision....it kills me he will never know how close he was....she will never know much of the things he did for her...i accept it al...but....it f-u-c-k-i-n-g hurts....

if there is a next installment i ship nothing!!! 

• Like 20

I go to MT and read a post about present scene. Where husband said it take few years for him to speak informal to NE. 

Hmm so do we overseen this clue that TK is actually the husband? Bcs TK move to the neighborhood when he still a kid thats why he dunno NE is actually younger than him. while JH is living there since he is born? so he should now NE is DS little brother.

I dunno anymoreee. I just wanna cry. I want my JH to have a happy ending. :tears:

• Like 4