[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest wizengamot
2 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Wow, so I tried staying away, I was determined to just live my  original happy life before 88 hit me so emotionally hard as if me and the JH character shared a soul and heart....but here I am its 4:30 am here I am wide awake and "catching" up with the pages I missed. Who am I kidding, this must be how it is for ppl with drug issues...reply 88 is like a drug I can't let go of argh. 

I wanted to wait till sat and TAKE ON THE ENDING IN ONE BLOW too hard to do & omo all the spoilers already! My mind is confuse but my heart keeps telling me "JUNG HWAN" the heart always knows right? And it makes no sense to film where JH works if that wedding is not his? Who knows....sigh all the speculations. 

Can I just say, I thought HS JH was beaming with cool charisma but OMG, my 2nd time watching 18, adult JH was oozing with grown men sexy ness in EVERY SCENE...I was literally drooling! Argh, he's so damn fine add the top notch acting no wonder I SOLD my heart for this needless pain in reality. 

I'm so SURE, at this point if JH was played by another actor though I can't see anyone else in this role but HIM. I would be suffering less of a heartache. My main attachment to this show is RJY and his superb acting. Two actors can act out the same scene and one will get me more is what I'm saying. During 97 I was sad for YJ but it didn't get out of my control like this. Not comparing the actors here Idk, I think RJY cast a spell on me ya! :wub: falling HARD. 

giphy.gif

i remember saying last sunday (?) that i might not be around (often) this week since there's really not much to talk about because JH is the husband, period. And i've been thinking of not live streaming too and guess what i am barely offine on this thread. pffft. 

yes, yes. he is so fine. when i was rewatching earlier episode, i realized he really got manlier. he really looked like a grown up man , perfect for military. his stand especially his over all appearance/casual outfit still screams of manliness. 

15 minutes ago, parkangel said:

Papa Kim even called her his best friend in episode 2. Ds also thinks that papa Kim is funny, when others hate his gag. I want to see their funny interaction more. And papa Kim will make a great and funny grandpa. :D

Did he?! I need to recheck that! Awesome!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

Wow, so I tried staying away, I was determined to just live my  original happy life before 88 hit me so emotionally hard as if me and the JH character shared a soul and heart....but here I am its 4:30 am here I am wide awake and "catching" up with the pages I missed. Who am I kidding, this must be how it is for ppl with drug issues...reply 88 is like a drug I can't let go of argh. 

I wanted to wait till sat and TAKE ON THE ENDING IN ONE BLOW too hard to do & omo all the spoilers already! My mind is confuse but my heart keeps telling me "JUNG HWAN" the heart always knows right? And it makes no sense to film where JH works if that wedding is not his? Who knows....sigh all the speculations. 

Can I just say, I thought HS JH was beaming with cool charisma but OMG, my 2nd time watching 18, adult JH was oozing with grown men sexy ness in EVERY SCENE...I was literally drooling! Argh, he's so damn fine add the top notch acting no wonder I SOLD my heart for this needless pain in reality. 

I'm so SURE, at this point if JH was played by another actor though I can't see anyone else in this role but HIM. I would be suffering less of a heartache. My main attachment to this show is RJY and his superb acting. Two actors can act out the same scene and one will get me more is what I'm saying. During 97 I was sad for YJ but it didn't get out of my control like this. Not comparing the actors here Idk, I think RJY cast a spell on me ya! :wub: falling HARD. 

MartinFreemanohgod-yesSherlock.gif

I loved Reply series and k-drama in general, but never I fall this hard for a character (and naturally the actor), so much I lost sleep for weeks so I can write fanfics about his love story.

tumblr_myuyktewQC1rzik3go1_500.gif

• Like 17

I think the wish is more important that we think, in the episode 17 everybody want JH making a wish, his brother said him, even JB wish was that JH could do wathever He wants, his mother asked him about it and tell him that He has to make a wish not máster what, and in the 18 episode JH confessed because it was DR wish... so why would He madea wish and it doesn't come truth, it would be stupid for him to make a wish. And I want to say something more, eat ing CHOCOLATE JB said to JH, If you melt the chocolate you will have a nice relationship but JH said it's just a Candy ( He's a scientist and doesn't belive in that type of thing so when He see Taek and make his wish it's like, Taek never will be a jerk) All the time He makes another people dreams come true but not his own wish. And one more thing, wish is something similar to destiny or fate, He think that's his fault because hesitation, not Fate, but He hadn't anything to do about Red lights or about Taek listening it and arriving before, so maybe in the end He will realiza that the universe is Root ing for him and make his wish come true, not just about Taek being a jerk, more like DS and him love dovey forever.

PD: I want to see a kiss betwen adultos DS and JH too, they are so cute together too.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, hailaft said:

I loved Reply series and k-drama in general, but never I fall this hard for a character (and naturally the actor), so much I lost sleep for weeks so I can write fanfics about his love story.

ME TOO! I evenchecked this page every hour for any update and your fanfic :)

I also pointed that DR will end up marrying JJ, so Ssangmundong gang will be a big family :) I want to know how DR will get JJ heart HAHHAHAHAHHAAH and how TK and SW reaction when know DR likes JJ LOL

------------

Yes!  Kim Sajang know about JH crush on DS since child I think, he know her son will end up with his lovely friends, but i want to know Mi Ran mom reaction LOL, I remember someone post about how JH will introduce DS as his GF and mom and dad reaction is so so, i hope we will get that scene :w00t:

• Like 10

@wizengamot  @hailaft

Ikr, who are we all kidding lol WE SOLD OUR HEARTS to JH at some point with in this drama and THERE IS NO REFUND for the damage. Our lives are now out of our CONTROL. 

Uh huh, Boo is so manly & sexy in 18 I literally had to rewind several times bc I was looking at his face/him and not the subs for when I need the subs lol :P and because of you guys I have even shifted my attention to his HANDS. They sure are pretty can stare all day when he was rubbing his face out of frustration in the jeep I squirm about the hands. Ok too much crazy here I'll stop. :blink:

• Like 12

Guest fleshwithoutblood

I just read this comment on another site that was really angry if JH turns out to be the husband, and it somehow made me smile because I think I've been there in a different drama? I'll just summarize it, so it can't be traced lol. They complained that the life lesson of the episode is that fate means nothing without choice, and Junghwan didn't choose to do something about wanting Deoksun. They have no sympathy for him, because maybe confessing is hard, but it was just as hard for TK, so why shouldn't he get the girl when he had courage and JH didn't.

To me, this reminds me so much of the CB stuff that went on. CB was there at the right times in different episodes. Trash was often late or he didn't respond to Najung for ~so long~ - like I very vividly remember this being expressed a lot in the Great Shipping Wars of Reply 94. Yeah, the lesson of this episode is that you have to be courageous and it's not just traffic lights stopping you, but the point of the series is that maybe there's a tiny bit of magic, a little help from fate, that helps these people along to get together when they finally "get it right." These protagonists are flawed, hesitant, and yet, maybe they'll succeed regardless of that. Because X wasn't there at Y time, they don't deserve the girl - it's just not the point. Yoon Jae is actually the prime example of this. He hesitated, ran away (in a sense), they didn't speak for years (iirc), and he realized. And SW realized. And they tried again when they were ready. SW was afraid of losing their existing relationship in R97, actually it was difficult to read her emotions as well. I remember YJ as this frustrated, angst-ridden teenager. He angrily(?) confesses to her at karaoke, intent on never seeing her again. I can only imagine how this would've been dissected and used against him, if his "opponent" had some popularity, and the series was as established back then. By these standards, YJ is the least "deserving" lmao. I found it very charming in a relatable teenager way. The conclusion, that they managed to get past time and doubts and marry anyways, is not predicated on how realistic or rational it would be in real life. The ending is not about a hard lesson in life, even if there are hard lessons along the way, it's about the sliver of hope and love that makes the story a bit special. The characters and setting are ordinary, but the couple are supposed to be just a little extraordinary. This is what I got from R97 and their narration about how first loves are messy and fail (yet they work out), and R94 and their narration about how NJ thought they were extraordinary and would withstand the test of distance and they didn't (yet they work out).

I think my guess was somewhat right which I din't mention in our thread... After knowing about ep 18 (din't watch still, have been waiting for spoilers and have been lurking around here for hours), I just thought as Sung appa wants to retire (he is not well) and they were thinking that their daughters marriages must happen prior to his retirement, I just thought BR and DS might hasten their relationships and we might get the weddings... and I was actually shocked when I saw the spoiler... that how could I be so right... LOL

• Like 16

Guest nchoerunnisa
2 hours ago, iloveenglishsubs said:

If any of you watched Japanese drama "proposal daisakusen"/"operation love", the male lead also has the same dilemma of loving a childhood friend, and in the end regrets why he wasted all the time he had with her when the girl (who actually has been waiting for him for a long time) finally decides to accept another man. Having come to terms with himself, he finally confesses to her at her wedding day and wish her happiness *I can't even T^T * In the end, it's the honest and sincere confession from the male lead that in turn will make the girl realize that she too has been hesitating.

Welcome to our Plane Chingu.... woohooo *throw confetti*

(sorry for cutting you post) OMG... yes yes yes!!! Actually when I saw JH's confession scene, I remembered the scene at "Proposal Daisakusen" too. I found JH's confession and that guy from Proposal Daisakusen's confession are so beautiful... they're so simple, raw, vulnerable, and exposed... :tears::tears::tears:

His situation was even worse than JH. No matter how hard he tried to change the past, the girl still ended up marrying the other guy. After his confession, it's the girl's turn to regret for hesitating too much :D. In the end her husband encouraged her to go get her true love because he realized the girl's feeling.

I remember he left the proposal ring that he's about to give to the girl too somewhere. But somehow... the hands of fate brought that ring to its rightful owner (it is way too large for her though... LOL). Oh I like that drama so much.

That's why I think just because JH has let DS go... It doesn't necessarily mean game over for him... As a matter of fact, it's probably some kind of turning point for JH...

There's something about this thread..:w00t:  even I read your posts from this morning (before I go to my office),  I still read in my work time,  until this afternoon (on the way to my home)..  I couldn't finished  all your posts,  cingus  ya..  :sweatingbullets:

after watching the real-one-confession again..  (I forget how many times I did,  hahaha..) :blush:

I think I want to be fair now.. 

If DS has a feeling for JH ( I always  think that the fact-one) and she wait for too long time to get the confession.. I think 15 s that time JH give for her isn't enough.. That's just 15 s,  cingus ya..  (I know for JH,  15 s is too long to wait..) 

miane, JH...  I just want to be fair.. 

but how could you only give 15 s to DS..?? 

15 s isn't enough for a girl who has long-time-feeling for you to respond  your confession.. even until now 3 days already I watch your confession I don't know how  my response,  hahaha.. :flushed:

• Like 16

Guest wizengamot
13 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

@wizengamot  @hailaft

Ikr, who are we all kidding lol WE SOLD OUR HEARTS to JH at some point with in this drama and THERE IS NO REFUND for the damage. Our lives are now out of our CONTROL. 

Uh huh, Boo is so manly & sexy in 18 I literally had to rewind several times bc I was looking at his face/him and not the subs for when I need the subs lol :P and because of you guys I have even shifted my attention to his HANDS. They sure are pretty can stare all day when he was rubbing his face out of frustration in the jeep I squirm about the hands. Ok too much crazy here I'll stop. :blink:

no no no!!! let's not stop there. hahahahahaha!!! let's all get sucked into this hahaha!!! i was browsing his IG this morning when i woke up and i was like, omg he's so tall. and every pic, he seems to grow on me really compared earlier. seriously, i've made him my standard now for future mate. i don't want flower boys, i want manly guy like him

Spoiler

@Nurul Choerunnisa @iloveenglishsubs omg!! i watch that jdorama too!!! (it's yamapi right?)

Hello. I just know about this thread this morning. And i would like to share my opinion about this husband hunting. Why, Lee Woo Jung, the script writer suddenly change the 'future' husbandcharacter and somehow, it resembles with Taek. 

Then, believe or not, I believe that Junghwan is the husband. Why? Because the Writer already choose him even after she started this story. But then, the PD said that they haven't choose the husband yet. And it was like big disaster for R88 fans. But, no matter how the writer made up the previous episodes with stupid confession, jump in 94 era, and nothing going much between Doksun and Junghwan. 

But, let's go back to episode when some people feel sad because of Taek's feeling. In those 14-16 episodes, the viewers started to comment about how helpless Taek's position that time.

'I like Junghwan but why you make our Taeki crying?' 'Our Taekkie' 'Junghwan-ah, can you let go Doksun for Taek?' 'Taek you should confess' (you can check in netizenbuzz or kkuljaem). And the upvotes comments were amazing. Me too, as viewer have a same thinking like the other. Ah, why Taek can not confess to Doksun. And Junghwan would be fine though. 

Well, after the latest episode. I realize that this is a trick used by the writer to make the viewer turned his support fromTaek as husband to Junghwan with his hopeless love story. How he is trying so hard to loving Doksun unconditionally. Currently, the focus of the viewer isn't to choose Taek or Junghwan as the husband. But, how Doksun and Junghwan to be together. How Junghwan can show his true affection for Doksun.

And surprise, it really worked. The writer is able to manage Junghwan story into the biggest topic. Why she does it? Because the viewer will not be so disappointed if Junghwan turn to be Doksun's husband and then there will be no excessive disappointment of supporters Taek-Doksun.

That's my personal opinion. But let's wait for the last episodes. I hope everyone enjoy it. Last not Least! I love you Lee Woo Jung-ssi! I cant wait to see more Reply series!

• Like 19

2 hours ago, parkangel said:

I just watched the english trans ver of eps 18. At the beginning we saw eomma Sung complaining that DS is rarely at home. she is always staying at her friend apartment, near the airport. Then when DS just got home from DR's hyung restaurant, we see eomma Sung saying to DS, "you sleep at home everyday lately," "you are a good girl."

Well well well, so DS suddenly sleeps at home everyday. Why? I think that's because someone who hasn't been home for a long time is finally at home and it's only for a short time. I am sure it's not because of Taek, judging that DS introduces her friend to Taek's manager, DS TK must be still close during the years.

Oooooo also also 1994 DS broods over two concert tickets...didn't someone we know do the exact same thing? Payback? Lols I love them both!!! I bet she wanted to ask JH to the concert. 

My heart is fluttering again.

@wizengamot omg YOUR SCENARIO IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Replayed it in my head a million times!!!! Thank you!

Edit: sorry I just realised @tituyphing already posted this.. I'm still playing catching up with all these posts.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, fleshwithoutblood said:

I just read this comment on another site that was really angry if JH turns out to be the husband, and it somehow made me smile because I think I've been there in a different drama? I'll just summarize it, so it can't be traced lol. They complained that the life lesson of the episode is that fate means nothing without choice, and Junghwan didn't choose to do something about wanting Deoksun. They have no sympathy for him, because maybe confessing is hard, but it was just as hard for TK, so why shouldn't he get the girl when he had courage and JH didn't.

Can you tell me the post? When did Taek confessed? Taek like her since ep2 but he also hasn't do richard simmons until ep12(telling the rest he likes Deoksun =/= Deoksun aware that Taek likes her, he also cancelled the movie date after knowing Junghwan likes Deoksun). It took Deoksun to say 'your life must be good because you do not have love related problems' in ep14 for him to START doing something. Both guys are the same when it comes to not doing anything. Just that the series emphasize on Junghwan because he is the main character and this story is about his 'hesitation' leading him possibly losing the chance of him not ending up with his first love. 

I laughed whenever people say Junghwan should give Deoksun to Taek because Taek cried for 3episodes(ep15-17) because let's forget that Junghwan didn't eat and sleep well and is sad for 10episodes(5,6,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,18) because of similar reasons. 

• Like 17