[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

15 minutes ago, binnielover said:

I noticed this too...Reply 88 has turned me into a detective. Is it another clue or is it that this scene made people bring up the classic theory? 

Regarding MT, am really so done with it. Reading comments there is like banging head on a wall. Analysis of how TK and future husband both grab their arms in same way when hit...really?. Epic LOL.

what? seriously? didnt they watch the whole drama then ? didnt they watch scenes of JH's reaction when deoksun hit him too? wenyeol. *sawry for being sarcastic* *bow* :D 

• Like 5

Please ignore.: quite a depressing post haha..

I don't know if you guys feel it but it happened to me in reply 1994 as well.. It's sort of anxiety and apprehension befor the finale week. [part of it cause by MT]

Honestly, my heart is and will forever be with Jung Hwan. Even if it means he is not THE husband. I don't know the writers intent but it's her story, she can tell it how she wants. I'm happy having such an awesome character as Jung Hwan on my screen. He really is a character who was shaped and developed well. I don't think letting others believe the confesson was a joke takes anything away from the actual confession. First, he wouldn't want to complicate the friendship when it's clear (to him) that she has moved on with TK. Second, DS should be able to realize what he said was truth because of all the things that others don't know. If she doesn't, it was probably never meant to be for the two of them.

Thank you guys for making this last week a very wonderful drama watching experience. Seriously if this ship doesn't sail, I would not watch any future Reply series while it airs (stressful!). The drama overall is wonderful and realistic and had wonderful characters all around. :)

• Like 19

I now understand why everyone said its a BAD IDEA to check the MT thread. But being the curious fool that I am...I did check it out and to my own dismay.

Ugh Lord knows the torture is REAL.

I just want to say one thing. If in the end JH is not the husband than the writers played a cruel game with him and us all. And the new term that has already been coined " Jungpaled" will go down history as the term used for the most tortured souls, in this case JH- he has had it way way worse than Chilbongie. Torturing him so in my opinion was uncalled for no matter how interesting and innovative they wanted their story to be.

JH better get a happy ending with DS because so far he has been brooding episode after episode and it will be extremely sad to leave him like that. From a heartwarming drama this will be more of a MELODRAMA.

• Like 5

There is a group blind date between the air force and stewardess, and there she sits at the end of the table and like the secret Santa, she pulled his name as her match up.

Can this happen please?!  This would be EPIC.  I was hoping we would get another bus scene but alas this might not happen anymore.  Reading the full recap of the episode, it doesn't seem like a goodbye for JH after all. There is just too many moments in this episode that screams classic drama scenario.  I can't wait for the ultimate emotional payoff.  It's like finally!!!!

• Like 17

5 hours ago, joannadeline said:

I watch some YT videos (again) and you know, at the beginning of every videos, there's an advertisement about a chocolate bar. 

The advertisement showed us, a hand out a chocolate bar on the top of a blue coloured bag, with a white belt. 

I watched the videos and realized it's JH's bag. Could it be a clue for us?

i already compared the bag with each of them and unfortunately the bag is the same with sunwoo's, which is not weird because deoksun was supposed to harboring a crush on him that time

• Like 6

5 hours ago, junghwana said:

The scene/gif regarding DS "looking at Taek and feeling happier" just doesn't look right to me.

If you see carefully, she looked at Taek and then her head moved slightly further back to look at JH.

This could quite possibly be my bias but I tested this with my brother. I made him stand behind me almost Taekie position and then my mum in JHs position and yep I tilted my head a little extra. If it was to look at Taek I wouldn't need to move my head as much as she did in that scene.

Ofcourse  all this is non sense if right before that scene she had already met JH?

I could be wrong obviously.

wow! that's awesome...

i didn't pay attention that it could be a happiness seeing taek at first when the raw came out, i noticed but only brushed it out because our girl apparently has always been good with expression. i hope we can get the flashback of this though

• Like 1

Who will say now that JH likes DS start with sexual eklavu? He likes her from the start, I think DS is really special with JH and he just notice it after the alley scene.

And I can still believe they will not give us a kiss!!! let's  face is, JH have more scene and story here although all characters are the best JH is JH so I know he will be the husband

is mama Kim's pregnant? Hahahaha

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

This is what I mean about the distance thing. Reply is unique blah blah blah (sorry but ya'll already know what separates Reply from most other dramas and why it is so popular) but it is still very much a korean drama (like some here have already mentioned). I have never seen a kdrama not take and beat into viewers heads that some people are just fated and destined to be together. Even if they keep missing opportunities, even if they only met for like 5 seconds when they 4 years old, when that person comes  back into the others life, THEY WILL BE TOGETHER.

It can be 6000 years, 8000 marriages, dating, 15000 close encounters, 100000 perfect male leads, 8000 disapproving parents...I mean one of them can get lost in the Bermuda Triangle, the other has tried to move on and has succeeded. They be standing at the alter about to say "I Do" and BOOM! the lost richard simmons gonna come back to like "NOT TODAY I AM ALIVE HONEY. I AM THE DUDE/GIRL YOU MET IN THE WHEAT FILED WHEN WE WERE 2. WE LOVED AND NEVER FORGOT EACH OTHER. I GOT LOST IN THE  BERMUDA TRIANGLE AND YOUR LOVE MADE ME SWIM SWIM SWIM RIGHT HERE TO  YOU" and you better believe homegirl or boy is going to be like "bye Felicia" to that perfect fiancé standing at the alter and run to/be with Bermuda triangle chick or d**k because:

TIMING, DISTANCE, FATE, SECOND MALE LEADS, THE GOOD LAWDS THEMSELVES CANNOT KEEP APART WHAT IS MEANT TO BE! TRUE MAGICAL, ONCE IN A LIFE TIME LOVE DOETH PREVAILETH! 

It's not even just kdramas it's everything. We as viewers (as much as we like to complain about troupes and it being repetitive and boring) like this message. We live off this message. We have this unfailing belief in true love overcoming all obstacles and going after love (and other things in life) because of these messages. Look at the popularity of 'The Notebook' That movie would have flopped harder than a dying fish if Noah & Allie didn't reunite in the end. As nice as the other dude was, we live off the idea that, that one special epic love wins out. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge would not be the timeless Bollywood hit upon hit and like internationally loved and infamously remembered and some scenes reenacted if homegirl did not run and hop on the train with her beloved after all the richard simmons they went through. Can we really say the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet would have been so popular and like the basis of love stories if Romeo and Juliet were not star crossed lovers with waring families and even death couldn't keep apart (I am not telling ya'll to go kill yourselves to  be with your boyfriend/girlfriend). I am sure there are movies like this in all our countries where everyone loves and remembers because of that one epic love story where no matter everything that came the couples way, in the end they came back to one another.

There is only one couple who fits this the cintematic theme of love prevails over everything and that is Deok Sun and Junghwan. They survived Sunwoo, they survived bro over __ code, they survived friends rooting for the other dude, they survived misunderstanding, they survived, time, they survived confusion. When you thought all hope is lost and sometimes true love doesn't win out (episode 18 anyone) we will see that no the heart goes where the heart must be. Look I am not disregarding Taek and his love,  but where were the obstacles, where was that true heartbreak of longing and yearning that these types of stories likes to display. We only saw (I said saw as in explicitly had displayed to our eyes and not need a magnifying glass to display) and got this emotional pay off with him once, once and that was when he called and cancelled the movie date and cried. We have all talked about how easy it would be for Taek and Deok Sun to be together (and their would be an easy relationship like that of Sunwoo's mama and Taek's appa) all one need do is confess. But how long have we seen Junghwan being broody, and angst, and fake laughing to hide the pain, and crying in cars and confessing but "oh lord kill my heart" does she not feel the same? He's leaving the next day, it's going to end like that? NO, there love is the challenging, hard, "epic" ones most of us like to see win out. It hasn't been an easy road for these two and it continue to not be an easy one. There are literally many a traffic lights keeping them apart...but just like Allie drove back to Noah eve though it looked like she was going to James Madersen, just like Jenny finally wrote the letter to Forrest, Oppa made the call, Yoonjae bumped into Shiwon at the cafe...Junghwan and Deok Sun will comeback to one another.

He will leave for the base and maybe as he's driving away sad as richard simmons his confession meant nothing to her, there she will be at the street corner no longer checking her watch, but smiling, see and having waited for him. Maybe he does get to the base, but I don't know. There is a group blind date between the air force and stewardess, and there she sits at the end of the table and like the secret Santa, she pulled his name as her match up. I don't know, it can be 20 years later and she's walking down the street and she'll drop something and coincidentally he'll pick it up. Fingers touch, eyes meet, and it's like no time passed at ll. It's cliche as hell, not going to be as soap opera dramatic as I'm writing (or maybe it will be) but it will happen. Everything in this story has been leading up to that moment and if it weren't going to happen and if it was going to be Taek, they had that big epic like reunion in his coming to the concert. If that is where the story truly ends, they wouldn't have had Junghwan confess. With his confession the big emotional pull comes back to him (just like the emotional pull of Taek admitting to the guys he likes Deok Sun as a woman came back to Junghwan because we saw his heart break and his pondering over the tickets. The very parallels we get in his seeing Taek get to the concert first and then thinking on it all and crying in his car. Just like with the tickets he was going to give but couldn't because the other dude was just thismuch faster. He comes to the concert and again the other dude was just that faster). If Taek were going to be the husband, they would have had him there to see/hear the confession because that would be another emotional obstacle, a challenge, a hardship to overcome, a red light on the road to being with Deok Sun. 

I can't give you guys pictures and go in deep with camera work and things like that, but I just see it LOL. It's right there, the writers and the PD and whole team have been going base by base to that home plate. It's there and I guess if you don't see it or you doubt it (sometimes it really is 3 C's that's just the way the test and the answers be) this time next week you will know LOL.

*please excuse spelling and grammatical errors. my fingers just moved -sometimes quicker than my thoughts- and i didn't bother to type it all coherently or make sense of it all, heh. 

The above is so beautiful it really tugged at me. You have a way with words!

You have no idea HOW I WISH and PRAY BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK I.e. Saturday I want you to be saying I TOLD YOU SO !!!

I WANT to be ashamed of myself for doubting, being negative and even letting the MT affect me so much.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fictionista said:

I am so glad you found the need to enlighten us on this because we totally didn't get the meaning of this narration. I mean how could we...with our inferior brains.

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Maybe she's talking about herself. She has expressed that she and her friends should not be the type to confess and should just be contented with unrequited love, even her friends asked her to never confess first no matter what. Be positive chingus :))

Edited by louishi
new user
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Aya Hong said:

Who will say now that JH likes DS start with sexual eklavu? He likes her from the start, I think DS is really special with JH and he just notice it after the alley scene.

And I can still believe they will not give us a kiss!!! let's  face is, JH have more scene and story here although all characters are the best JH is JH so I know he will be the husband

is mama Kim's pregnant? Hahahaha

Let's ask herserlf: @cheetah_omma Are you pregnant? :P LOL

Anyone else went on Netflix or whatever and watched Forrest Gump because of episode 18?  Currently watching it...almost the end.  I'm beginning to really think that DS will be the one who brings her and JH together.  She'll probably be the one who proposes like Jenny did to Forrest.  She will show him that she got the ring back.  I don't even care if DS is not the one who goes back and get it but it will return.  Just like the puppy YJ was gonna give SW, it will find it's way.

• Like 16

Another day without AM88 is as hell. I spent my Sunday morning + afternoon to rewatch ALL JH-DS MOMENTS on tvN's Youtube channel. I should stand up and give AM88's producer big applause because they're truly deserved it :) . I look back and remember how I was noticing JH's smirk when they watched Olympic. "Aha! you must be sth this namja";) In next episodes, JH sweet, caring actions to DS made my heart fluttered as richard simmons ~.~ I was like "whoaaa! plz slow down, I can't handle this yassss :wub:". Then, I had become an aggressive viewers since JH knew TK's feeling and PD-nim made uri JH sad, suffered and disappeared somewhere...omfg :crazy: And now, in 1994, uri shippers have to suffer the other challenge - THE INFAMOUS PROPOSAL :tears: I really don't know what to expect from the remain episodes except JH is the husband because there are a lot of scenarios in my mind : the "left behind" ring, TK, DS kept looking at the door, awkwardness between DS-JH?!?!....aigeu~ molla! Hope we have a "reasonable" ending for everybody in Ssangmundong . Lastly, I enjoy reading your comments so bad, thank you & please keep being positive guys! Hwaiting! ^^ 

P/s: I've been SONE for 7 years. Because of this "not even good looking", sweet, thoughtful namja :wub: and his pure love to sonyeo named DS  , I've not updated much news about GG LOL :lol: He's a hole which is visible but you just can't avoid. If you have felt in, there is no escape:heart::heart::heart:

2038956980_daceeff3_zpsyxw4qvbo.gif  

I promise to comeback to you soon. Mianhae GG, mianhae Taeyeon unnie! :sweatingbullets:

lwzY2CQ.gif

• Like 15

2 hours ago, hhbm007 said:

I've just rewatched some old episodes and found out that some narration tended to be prepared for the sad ending of JH :bawling:

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Both are said by Deoksun :frown:

Quote by beatuscorner

i don't really care about this particular narration in this episode because it's such a waste of time and i think this is not referred to our junghwan. we clearly saw the scene where junghwan willingly crossed the line when he came as fast as he could to the mcdonald faraway from seoul because deoksun called him. junghwan asked deoksun to think about the reason he came after that and it's clearly crossing the line.

well he already crossed the line (even when he's a little hesitating at first) on ep 4 when he wanted to protect this one girl he never seen as a woman^^

• Like 15