[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

lol I said I'm going to do chores but I'm stuck here reading all your posts (this will continue until this friday) 

Since I really need to get this out of my system here it is:

006. Defend JH at all costs!!! 

After episode 18, almost every site we check for updates crashed, our hearts got crushed, eyes all puffy and red, why? One, because of our sad little puppy. He was in love with her right from the very start! I think most people oversaw this because they got their hearts broken with JH's confession scene. I admit I'm one of those people who were shaken from the events last night but I'm quite uplifted now. 

And now enter all those comments about JH being a coward and being pathetic. Well that really shows how attached these viewers are to his character, we saw him understand his family in the first few episodes, act subtly on his feelings towards DS, brood over the fact his best friend likes the girl he loves, find out his dreams and lastly, believe that the girl he loves has fallen for his best friend. We see him every step of the way even though sometimes his appearance were almost zero and he just kept on staring at something. 

He first blamed bad timing for not acting upon his feelings when he's had all the time to do so given that he just lives right over DS's house they say, but do they really know JH? His personality and development were seen throughout the series that we analyze his actions already, so it can be said that really, JH is the type of person who thinks before he acts and acts before he speaks. He acts grumpy but his heart is so warm and selfless at that. And now what do we get? Hate for being himself. I believe JH confessed because he believes there's no chance already, that it is okay to confess because he thinks he already knows where DS's heart really lies. We have yet to be proven wrong come the last episodes but really now, is it right to to call him stupid for having now the courage in confessing his love that took up his entire life?

Also based from experience, we all experience hesitation in our lives, JH hesitated for years, my uncle hesitated marrying the girl of his life right before his wedding. Human nature. We live in hesitations but somehow we also need to make a choice. JH's choice was to confess after confirming that he lost the love of his life. I'm not saying he's not the husband (man I'm still sure he is), I just want to justify why he hesitated all those years of pining for her and prove that he is not a coward. 

Look at JH's eyes during his confession, it was complete surrender. I think him saying goodbye will in turn open DS's heart to where it truly lies (I sound like a broken record already). He is saying goodbye to his hesitating self to be able to move on and end his misery. Now that it's DS's turn, I'm really excited how things will unfold.

End of 006. 

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, tesasonzzz said:

Guys I just realized this after watching the scene when JH was rushing with his car to go to the the concert to meet lonely DS ...

He was a step late than TK because of richard simmons the traffic light...
Guys do you know what colours traffic lights have???????????
YES THATS RIGHT RED.YELLOW.GREEN richard simmons AND WHAT COLOUR MADE JH LATE? YES THATS RIGHT. I KNOW. richard simmons THIS.

Idk if this is just a coincidence or not but damn if it was then just...  WOW
I HATE THIS EVEN MORE 

#끝까지어남류 #EONAMRYUTILLTHEEND

giphy.gif

Good point, I totally slipped my mind and i was staring like crazy just to spot something.

• Like 10

how come this drama always makes all DS-JH scene beautiful since beginning..at yesterday episode i get that beautiful scene from missed each other scene, car scenes, and ofc confession scene. all so beautiful and well done. they wont wasted this kind of things, he invested a lot to make this scene so beautiful,no?

beside confession scene, i love the flashback scene too...its look like i went to pensieve (why i bring harry potter stuff here?hahahahaha) and see JH memories. Memories from his journey to love DS. Since the beginning, he love her,. the way he smiled at her in the window...so fluttering. and midnght-umbrella scene..i didnt expect get JH reaction after this scene, ah so precious seeing his nervousness and relieved smile, aigooo this boy so cute. and giving-gift scene with NE, cant this boy get any cuter?he hide his feeling with his grumpy and bickering personality. this flashback....makes me cried too..its feel like i was in this journey to with him, witnessed every his act to DS, being nervous (yes, i already been in his mind and heart since beginning). thats why i love all flashback scene in all installment. its told everything that we didnt know, they showed something unexpected, and i have this thought the flashback told the story better than the actual story, The flashbacks are so on point, short but we can see the full meaning behind it. and my heart will always fluttered after seeing the flashbacks scenes. The song bgm that played in JH flashback makes this scene more beautiful.. and i was so touching with this scenes so much. One precious scenes that i get from roller coaster episode yesterday.

Now, i want go to pensieve and see DS memories. if i can i want to stole it right now..deoksuna odiniii????deoksunaaa where are you? *i want to stole out memories* hahahahahahaha

ps: DR and SW really dumb and dubber duo..they becomes friend with JH for 25 years but still didnt know about JH?really cant differentiate when he said sincere word or jokes?the one thing that lack on this squad is sensitiveness. the seems didnt fast notice about their friends changes. they cant read each other in silent (mind reading or something like that), yeah in this squad if everyone want to know someone must talk and talk if they didnt talk none will know their problem or their heart. actually its really dumb none know that JH like DS since a long time ago?that just too obvious if i was one of JH friends. i will noticed it and asked him directly.yeah none know JH well, none in this squad like JB hyung that notice when JH lied or not. poor my JH for 6 years he suffered alone.

• Like 20

[+1,501, -35] I used to think in 'Reply 1994' that the scriptwriter was being too mean with torturing Chilbong... but compared to how mean they're being to Junghwan, that was nothing."

This.. this.. this.. we will get a new tragedy vocabulary 'Jungpaled' if Jung Hwan is not the husband. Totally a new level of tragedy.

Also, how can RJY acting is so good??? He made my heart bleeding out in pain. 

CYSDdXEUkAA0udt.jpg

and this part kinda reminded me of Yoo Ah In's acting in SFD imo.

Spoiler

JH.png

• Like 22

okay chingu i just rewatch ep.02 and this is what i think,

I think DS always love JH from the start, WHY I SAID THAT?

because when i watch ep.02, what I see is first DS search the bag and she confused because in there have 2 same color bag and then she believe give choclate to someone she like and when we know she give the chocolate to SW bag..

12418087_10208454889959550_7257481616558

and then we going to 2015 DS and The Husband, the husband ask DS "who did you give it to?" and DS still believe she give the chocolate to the husband bag, but the husband said it's not him even when he left he still said it's not him :rolleyes:

12472687_10208454890599566_5581782656023

but STILL DS believe it's the husband bag..

12507445_10208454893119629_8901111252477

So my conclusion is DS love junghwan from the start because when she give the chocolate she believe put in the right bag, but she not putting in the right bag. because the color of JH bag is same with color of SW bag :wub: . and because of this i still believe JH is the end game the Husband :wub: (oh and we can see TK didn't bring a bag at all)

I can't wait to DS POV, and i hope (believe) she will said "always love JH" like severus snape always love Lily :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 14

Even in the end of Forest Gump they finally get together because Jenny writes a letter of feels to Forest and invites him to her house. Which is what the whole sitting on the bench and chocolates (life is like a box of chocolates) and waiting was for. Forest would have  been sitting and waiting on a bus to come if it weren't for that women who tells him Jenny's house is like 4 blocks away and so he runs for it). So yeah we are going to get Deok Sun's perspective/choice (please writers please) and now I'm wondering if a third party (Taek, Sunwoo, or Dong Ryeong) will guide either one of them to where the other is....Or maybe I'm reading waaay too much into the movie and it's meaning and connection in the episode LOL.

• Like 17

Good morning, afternoon & evening to all.

I just had a crazy fanfic reason why DS & husband was interviewed last night.

What if the spoiler was true that JH & DS kissed in the airport and it was put up on news and became popular/issue and now at present their love story was taken for it to be made into drama/film/documentary. AIR/SKY COUPLE. Plot twist 1997 Si Won is the one who interviewed them since she's a broadcast writer. 

Yolo~

• Like 21

19 minutes ago, wenyeol said:

Good morning, afternoon & evening to all.

I just had a crazy fanfic reason why DS & husband was interviewed last night.

What if the spoiler was true that JH & DS kissed in the airport and it was put up on news and became popular/issue and now at present their love story was taken for it to be made into drama/film/documentary. AIR/SKY COUPLE. Plot twist 1997 Si Won is the one who interviewed them since she's a broadcast writer. 

Yolo~

Now that you put it out there, I totally want 1997 Siwon to be the one conducting the interview. It would be such a lovely connection and make it that much more fun when I marathon the series in chronological order. What I am curious about is why Deok Sun is being interviewed. Maybe they are interviewing all Lee Mi Yeon look a likes LOL...I do like the idea of an air/sky couple interview but then Junghwan wants not part of it so...

ETA: The car ride home is going to be awkward as richard simmons for Deok Sun and Junghwan. I hope she got a ride from Sunwoo or walked or something. Joke or no joke a-w-k-w-a-r-d...

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

AFter this part.. JH put his ring in front of DS and confess to DS!! 

Confession done..

JH to DR: isn't  that what you wish ?!!!! 

I want to say that SW and DR should have realized it his love for DS.. when JH make his confession..and saying isn't that your wish?!!!

So, it's not JungHwan who said that it's a joke after all? Well, that could mean something. But for now, let's just take it the way they show it. Don't wanna expect or observe anymore. 

• Like 3

Just now, grcevln said:

So, it's not JungHwan who said that it's a joke after all? Well, that could be mean something. But for now, let's just take it the way they show it. Don't wanna expect or observe anymore. 

Those two stupid guys are the ones that think JH is joking.. JH didn't say it is a joke!! T.T

• Like 10

What drives me crazy is that during the confession scene I had a flashback of the "don't go to the blind date" scene and the "i'll go" scene. The confession was beautifully made that it was so heart-wrenching, from JH-DS eyes alone you'll know that there's understanding between them yet they have to keep that facade until they're really alone together. I'm excited for the next episode on how they will play the husband hunt (to troll obviously) and how JH and DS will interact. There has to be a change, I think I'll see it for the second half of the episode even if it means throwing us more red herrings and clues for the husband hunt just come at me!!!

Edit: Anyone miss DS-Appa Kim scenes? I expect them to do the "BAAATTMAAN" greeting or the one Bong hyung was doing with him that episode. Hopefully after all this mess we hear them greeting each other with "Aigoo KIM sajang (because she will be a KIM after all) :phew:

• Like 3

DS constantly looking at the door seemed to convenient and something about it just seem odd.  The ring...I noticed it was in the middle of table then by the end, it moved closer to JH. .an error or something more?

But yes like everyone I'm hoping we'll see DS's view point next week.  Did she kiss TK back to confirm her feelings?  How did she felt all this time when JH following her around?   I think it's weird that we always see a reaction from DS anytime TK does something but with JH...nothing.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Watching with Chinese sub.. the ring is said to be military ring which means military graduation ring ( traditional practice : given to fiancee for engagement) 

JH brought the ring along with him when they were having dinner. 

DR: you would give it to me, right?

JH: I  am feeling troubled.. it will be a pity if I suddenly give it to you.

DR: then who are you giving to?

DR: Aigoo this guy haven't confessed to anyone in his whole lifetime.

SW: this guy is not a romanticist 

DR: This useless, (JH) , my wish is to see your confession before I die

DR: You really want to spend your whole lifetime alone?

DR: Sigh.. frustrating!!

Confession done..

I want to say that SW and DR should have realized it his love for DS.. when JH make his confession..and saying isn't that your wish?!!!

JH CONFESSION IS SO TRUE. HE GRANTED DONGRYONG WISH. THEY SHOULD NOT THINK THIS WAS JUST PRACTICE or FAKE.

Ah MY POOR JH :'(

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, snowy21 said:

Watching with Chinese sub.. the ring is said to be military ring which means military graduation ring ( traditional practice : given to fiancee for engagement) 

JH brought the ring along with him when they were having dinner. 

DR: you would give it to me, right?

JH: I  am feeling troubled.. it will be a pity if I suddenly give it to you.

DR: then who are you giving to?

DR: Aigoo this guy haven't confessed to anyone in his whole lifetime.

SW: this guy is not a romanticist 

DR: This useless, (JH) , my wish is to see your confession before I die

DR: You really want to spend your whole lifetime alone?

DR: Sigh.. frustrating!!

Confession done..

Therefore, this isn't a joke people!! it is not a joke!! 

yes....thanks for the translation...i know the meaning when watched that scene but this translation makes it clear that i dont false translate what he said in my mind. For me, when watched that whole scenes, from beinning until the end..i thought JH really makes a confession a real and sincere confession..the one that turns it out to be jokes is DR and SW. and when SW talk to DS you got fooled too right?its make me think...yaaaa thats not the point, his line really turn this confession to jokes for me. The point is he makes a confession as DR wish is to hear his confession, and JH just laugh along with them andd dint say anything furthermore. actually if DS dont get fooled she will answer than confession. dumb dumber duo SW and DR really something last night...so dumb

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, ladidada7 said:

JH CONFESSION IS SO TRUE. HE GRANTED DONGRYONG WISH. THEY SHOULD NOT THINK THIS WAS JUST PRACTICE or FAKE.

Ah MY POOR JH :'(

Aushhh.. DR AND SW IS SO DAMN STUPID.. ARGHHH.. I WANT SMASH THEM BADLY... WRACKK...  STUPID FRIENDS EVER.. KYAAA!!  DEOKSUN IF YOU STILL DENSE AT THIS TIME THEN I M GONNA TAKE JUNGHWAN TO MARRY WITH ME..HE SO PRECIOUS....!!!

• Like 10

Grr that puts the confession into a different perspective.   Stupid SW and DR didn't get it at all.  GRRR!!  Maybe DS after thinking about it.  Yeah I still can't find a reason why DS is being interviewed.   Is she still a flight attendant?   The setting in 2015 looks like an art studio or something.   

I have to say though even after 5 years, DS and JH are still the only ones that can bicker in seconds. 

• Like 13