[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

WHAT JUST HAPPENED WHY IS IT SO ABSURD HEOL

FUCCK YA, WRITERNIM :angry: YOU HURT MILLIONS PEOPLEEEEEEEEE :angry:

YOU GIVE JUNGHWAN THE BEST CHARACTER EVER BUT YOU MAKE HIS FATE LIKE TRASH :angry:

I only read your live recaps but why am I so angry :mellow: I can do live streaming but I always feel pessimistic of the plot so I just read here hahahah

• Like 5

so here's my take

TK-DS may date

Time passes by (Remember that its only 1994, 21 more years will pass by)

JH move on and date other girls

JH will finally have a courage

JH will be the end game

LET'S KEEP OUR HOPES ALIVE

• Like 10

I don't know what to think. JH definitely said bye to DS and we saw that he had liked her for a long time... He never dared tell her...

But does that ean it's over? I don't know really....

I am ok with this but it does feel kinda cheap to me. Showing us all those great scenes for a good bye? Cruel...

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, balladblue said:

On first watch, this episode felt bittersweet and also really frustrating.

The sweet parts included the family scenes, especially with the parents doting on their adult children. :) Loved the parents waking them up for breakfast.

For the reaaaaally supremely Richard Simmons frustrating parts... well, you all know which parts those are.

WHY ARE WE STILL AT THIS POINT, SHOW. WHY. YOU HAD FOUR HOURS. FOUR richard simmons HOURS TO MAKE SOME MEANINGFUL PROGRESS. IS JH REALIZING THAT IT'S NOT TIMING BUT HIS OWN HESITATION THAT IS OBSTRUCTING HIM SUPPOSED TO BE PROGRESS???????? Fine, maybe. But then you go and undermine his finally taking action by the “joke confession.” WTF I JUST CANNOT.

And then you have JH noticing that DS keeps looking to the door, waiting for TK to come. Because why? Why? To keep up the husband hunt. That's it. You sacrifice your own narrative quality to keep this agonizing “game” going, but the endgame is obvious AS RICHARD SIMMONS. 

The issue is that we have not made any actual progress whatsoever since ep 10. JH confessed, but then he said it was a joke. So DS essentially still doesn't know about his feelings. Yay sweet flashback scene, but for what??? For us to see how much he loves her??? GEE, I WONDER WHO WOULD BENEFIT MORE FROM THAT INFORMATION?

Lord. Give me strength.

Can I print your comment and put it in a nice fancy frame and send it to writer-nim?

• Like 1

Just now, wizengamot said:

IT'S OKAY GUYS TO RANT BUT I STILL THINK JH IS STILL ENDGAME!!!

I DON'T KNOW BUT REMEMBER REPLY 1997 WHEN YOON JAE CONFESS TO SHI WON WITH RING TOO. HE LEFT THE RING TOO

PLUS, THE INTERVIEWER ON THE ADULT DS AND HUBBY.

THE INTERVIEWER IS NOT THERE FOR THE HUSBAND BUT FOR DS.

thank you for still sharing positive mind

tho i'm still sad

Supernatural-Dean.gif

• Like 9

i want to throw up. i tried to think it's ok if she ends up with taek, it's ok, don't ship too deep, it's ok this is just drama.

but when i saw him crying like that? because of that goddamn timing. i'm crying so hard right now because i can't lie to myself ok i want to end the writer right now, what should i do god

• Like 12

Has anyone watched the film " Turn left turn right" it was just as frustrating to get the main couple to even meet each other. 

JH even got the "Forest Gump" theme...... the chase scene, the "not a confession" confession at the end whoah

:(

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, honeywell said:

I won't even be mad if DS ends up with TK.  JH deserves it.  He has every opportunity and is always afraid.  Maybe that's the irony of life, JH is a military man but yet is too afraid to confess to the person  that he loves. The writer gave a big slap to the viewers and turned JH's confession into a big joke.  

But he did that because he saw Taek came to the concert then he saw Deok Sun kept looking at the door. I think he believes that Deok Sun likes Taek and he already knows that he likes her.. Just as with Sunwoo he's falling back, letting go so the two who he thinks like each other can be together. It's up to Deok Sun now to make her decision. The boy doesn't like her (or so she thinks) but does she like him and will go after him? Or will she be with the one she knows likes her (Taek). 

Okay so that scene in Forest Gump they showed. Forest and Jenny reunite briefly then he must leave again going their separate paths. It isn't till many years later that they are reunited and married. 

I really don't know. I went from 99.9% sure to 90% sure he's the husband. I am lost and it's going to be s long week. Anywhoo im happy Jungjean has gotten his closure (or has he?). I think @honeywell May have been right in that Taek will bring the two together or he's the husband. Again I'm lost because even though I'm down and questioning I'm still like "but he's the husband" ugh I need subs fast and also need to know the music being played in the scenes. I feel the writer is playing with me big time in wanting me to believe Taek is the husband or maybe he is. 

*brb going to watch Forest Gump lol*

• Like 13

Just now, finallyanoppatostan said:

YOU GIVE JUNGHWAN THE BEST CHARACTER EVER BUT YOU MAKE HIS FATE LIKE TRASH

Keywords: like trash

Maybe he will be like Trash in Reply1994

I'm so desperate to hold onto any signs of hope

• Like 9

Honestly from this point in time, I thought we were all rational about the narrative coming from Junghwan's view and focuses on him more than just Taek liking Deoksun and then the drama is all 'oh it's about who you like Deoksun' and there's not a clear answer there either.

In '94, I could understand why Trash was the husband even though I stood on Chilbong's side but if it doesn't end up being Junghwan here ... idk I really think this is a rational ship though unless the writer seriously twisted the plot to fit the Taek loveable viewership

I'm just so frustrated...

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

IT'S OKAY GUYS TO RANT BUT I STILL THINK JH IS STILL ENDGAME!!!

I DON'T KNOW BUT REMEMBER REPLY 1997 WHEN YOON JAE CONFESS TO SHI WON WITH RING TOO. HE LEFT THE RING TOO

PLUS, THE INTERVIEWER ON THE ADULT DS AND HUBBY.

THE INTERVIEWER IS NOT THERE FOR THE HUSBAND BUT FOR DS.

I need your positivity pls!!! Although I do see the parallelism between JH/DS and YJ/SW... What made me uneasy is even after that fake confession scene DS still waits for TK. Since I got trolled in R94 I told myself this time around I will always look at how the girl feels. OMG PLZ HELP ME I NEED A HUG

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ner54 said:

IM SO NEGATIVE RIGHT NOW IM SO SORRY EVERYONE I JUST NEED TO LET IT ALL OUT

Maybe that was JH's closure scene? He's finally letting go of DS. When he was proposing DS was kinda like "???" but after he said it was all a joke and they all laughed, the door ring again and she looked at the door, waiting for TK. 

MY BABY JUNGHWANNIE YOU DON'T DESERVE ALL THIS PAIN AND MISERY 

I feel the same.. I still need to process the episode, maybe I'll feel different tomorrow.

Right now, I think it was JH's way of getting closure (making it a fake confession was very disappointing and badly done imo and actually tacky). DS was looking at the door, there's no denying in this.

The writers have badly done the main romance of this still great drama nonetheless. All of this dragging was unecessary.They made a huge mistake on the future husband and they are shamelessly trying to backtrack now. I also don't believe they will change anything now for the two remaining episode. Taek probably going to confess, we'll have the truth about the kissing scene. I just hope JH will find his own hapiness. They have already made his character very pathetic, let's hope they won't continue.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ihate0ni0ns said:

Dear PD-nim and writer-nim of Reply 1988. I'm thankful for the amount of JH's eyes, lips, hands that you gave us for this episode and now I could clearly see he definitely could rock that hair even though I doubt it at first. But that fake proposal just... With those amount of flashbacks.. And pictures of their moments at the end... Why it feels like a goodbye?.......

Chingu-deul.... why do I feel so down right now...... 

What, I didn't get the good bye vibe I got the "we're showing this couple because they are the end game". They wouldn't waste the moment for NOTHING....and the flash backs c'mon you don't give all your love / focus to a character to kill him off later.

Btw, it was cute how JH pretty much bullied puzzled Noel into giving DS his x mas gift.

Awww he was spying on her see that's JH, calls her a ghost but secretly spied on her wasn't that in ep 2 so he liked her even before the alley scene? I will admit I didn't see it that way....but that's even better! and QUIT DOINGS THINGS ON THE SLY we get it your a pro at that but at one POINT you gotta LIVE in reality too. His narration on fate and timing was debak! 

• Like 10