[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

18 minutes ago, Vannyah M said:

But dont you think that if they got together or kiss while they were 18 their frendship wouldn`t existe anymore, and when you`re that young it`s not 100% sure that you will end up together. There is so much at stake ( this reminds me of RM`s hamburger skate:lol::lol:) at that point. Confession could`ve been smart move but ok we have to wait for that too.

You are right and that's why we were waiting for the time skip since a few episodes already (at least me). So we could see their growth and careers and then their choice for whom they want to be with would be more assuring, but the time skip didn't come either. It's okay for me if they wait with the confession till ep 19 or 20, but still would've want to see some sort of progress until now. I guess the writer and PD have another pace in mind so I just have to move on and start enjoying the drama the way it is now. I actually do enjoy it and I was even very happy after episode 15 because finally TK realized JH feelings. Now here we talk about some progress. It wasn't a kiss or a confession, just TK noticing JH feelings made me so happy. But in ep 16 it just was too little to call it progress and a lot of random unnecessary scenes were put in, out of the blue.. Seems like they didn't have enough time to make something good out of ep 16.  So it's a good thing they have 2 weeks for the next 2 episodes. I thinks it will all be well in ep 17!! I am looking forward to it =D. 

YUMM

2hmiipu.jpg

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, figenfk said:

@Martin Ces U are a guy right? LOL thank you for this new point of view hahaha. I feel all better after reading the FF and your little real life story. Though I think for most of us it's not all about a kiss scene or something like that, but about seeing change as in whatever, just a change in what's happening in the love triangle. I couldn't stand watching the same looks, attitudes etc for 6 episodes. You say it's realistic, but this is drama world. They should've worked it out differently. Now only 4 episodes are left and 95% of the episodes are about family, so we already get to see little of the main OTP. I don't think they would have enough time to break up haha. Also want to say I like the scene you want to see, that would be a real ''JH answer'' hahah. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Yes i'm guy

I maybe have different point of view, but I never seen in this drama love triangle.
What I see is love between DS and JH and some misunderstandings, and some different teen things (I even know how name it).
And always is guy who mess up with story. But love triangle?
I agree DS and JH need more screen time.
I love watch Hyeri. Those close ups on her face are really amazing
Now I download Full HD ~5GB for episode, and quality is perfect. I never seen Hyeri face with so many details.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Martin Ces said:

Yes i'm guy

I maybe have different point of view, but I never seen in this drama love triangle.
What I see is love between DS and JH and some misunderstandings, and some different teen things (I even know how name it).
And always is guy who mess up with story. But love triangle?
I agree DS and JH need more screen time.
I love watch Hyeri. Those close ups on her face are really amazing
Now I download Full HD ~5GB for episode, and quality is perfect. I never seen Hyeri face with so many details.

I know what you mean by not seeing a love triangel. TK doesn't even show he likes DS as a woman. It is way too obvious JH and DS are the end deal. But I call it a love triangel because in the end JH won't confess because TK confessed first to them. Now they are kind of stuck in it .. the three of them.. so it is a so called love triangel. Although I am a girl, Hyeri plays well and sometimes when I watch a drama I really get irritated by the girl lead bc they seem to whine but Hyeri is doing really good, like her a lot! ;).. (Hyeri is my favorite out of the three series!)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

thankyou for sharing :D

have you read this too ? http://hailaft.tumblr.com/post/135652568434/reply-1988-imaginary-episode-15-part-1 have just found it :) way better than the real drama haha

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, figenfk said:

You are right and that's why we were waiting for the time skip since a few episodes already (at least me). So we could see their growth and careers and then their choice for whom they want to be with would be more assuring, but the time skip didn't come either. It's okay for me if they wait with the confession till ep 19 or 20, but still would've want to see some sort of progress until now. I guess the writer and PD have another pace in mind so I just have to move on and start enjoying the drama the way it is now. I actually do enjoy it and I was even very happy after episode 15 because finally TK realized JH feelings. Now here we talk about some progress. It wasn't a kiss or a confession, just TK noticing JH feelings made me so happy. But in ep 16 it just was too little to call it progress and a lot of random unnecessary scenes were put in, out of the blue.. Seems like they didn't have enough time to make something good out of ep 16.  So it's a good thing they have 2 weeks for the next 2 episodes. I thinks it will all be well in ep 17!! I am looking forward to it =D. 

YUMM

http://i68.tinypic.com/2hmiipu.jpg

Somehow we often have same thoughts :D I said earlier that time skip should have been this week but NOOO writers screwed us. They were like richard simmons you guys wait for 2 weeks if you want progress. For the first time since pilot ep I felt like ep 16 was filler I also was bored in some parts. Ep 15 was something but damn 16 was just like it could last 1 hour and that wolud be just fine. I cant wait for 17 i wanna know so bad what will happen coz its still irony of life ep and in first part nothing much happened so there must be some BAAAAM scene which will  shock all of us.

bang.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, figenfk said:

I know what you mean by not seeing a love triangel. TK doesn't even show he likes DS as a woman. It is way too obvious JH and DS are the end deal. But I call it a love triangel because in the end JH won't confess because TK confessed first to them. Now they are kind of stuck in it .. the three of them.. so it is a so called love triangel. Although I am a girl, Hyeri plays well and sometimes when I watch a drama I really get irritated by the girl lead bc they seem to whine but Hyeri is doing really good, like her a lot! ;).. (Hyeri is my favorite out of the three series!)

For me in this story most important is that DS never show that she like TK as a guy.
He is for her like a friend, brother, or maybe even her little child.
And for her he definitely is not a guy to fall in love.

• Like 9

Before I watched episode 16, my sister and I was thinking about the writer-nim wouldn't let JH-DS be together because it would make viewers (especially who support TK-DS) feel "oh so this is the end of the game" and not curious about what would happen next so I was in #teamlowexpectation for a whole week. Unfortunately, I was mad because I didn't see anything from our couple beside JH kept staring at DS :mellow:. It must be because I'm weird  :sweatingbullets: 

I don't know if this happened to you guys before, I feel really irritated when I see comments about "TK would be the husband because of...". It's nothing wrong with who you love and support but their logic is not solid at all , I find it really ridiculous and unreasonable (sorry if I offend anyone who also love TK). I don't want to argue with people and just want to enjoy watching my freaking favorite drama but I can't stand those people, they ruin my mood like a lot ==' Aigoo~!

• Like 13

3 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Look even JH is happy and smiling:

This is the best. I could watch it all day. I had forgotten that he can smile and laugh since its been too long since he's done it. Now I feel like marathoning eps 1-16 to count how many times he really does smile and laught. 

I know you guys noticed LMY (he's all over his room too) but did you guys see he has a Michael Jackson picture on his desk at home too :) I grinned the first time I noticed it cause it's just so unexpected of him. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@MrsSoJiSub I am with you about being optimist!

I noticed while rewatching one of the last scenes of episode 16, DS is, I think, referring to how things are going with JH. So I believe she cares.

When the three boys run into DS at the study place, she mutters that nothing is going her way these days. In that particular moment, I think this is directed at JH and what is happening between them, not necessarily Taek cancelling on her. JH stops a bit, also hearing it and understanding what she means by that. What is not going her way is above all her whole thing with JH... So she does care!

I wish the boy had done sthg at that moment, after hearing her say that. I think it would have been the perfect time to explain at least what happened with the pink shirt... Aishhhh!

Anyway... :)

I noticed she checked Junghwan's reaction when she told the guys that Taek cancelled their date. She's still waiting for him to do something, for sure.

• Like 9

After reading the recaps of 15 and 16, I think I will enjoy these two episodes once the eng subs are out (man, I wished I knew korean). Although I'm a little bit frustrated by the lack of movement in the "love triangle", I am glad that it is slowly coming to an end and surprisingly in a different way than I thought it would. Like some of you guys said... I love how TK, despite his competitive nature, is giving to indirectly give up DS because of JH. Now, TK... bring them together! 

In terms of DR/SW not realizing JH's feelings, I can understand why they don't see it. SW and DR have their own issues going on. Let's talk about DR first. From what I remember about how our wise DR work (correct me if I'm wrong)... he usually listens to the story or the problem, then give advice. He also is focused on his own issues with his mom and craves for her attention. For SW, his eyes are only focused on BR... and now that him and BR are dating, his mind is filled with her. There was also his mom and TK's dad, he was struggling with that as well... I don't think he would notice how the other guys are feeling. I mean both him and SW are more "sensitive" about TK's feelings for DS because TK confessed to them in episode 10. Honestly, I don't think they would realize it if they didn't joke about DS taking responsibility for TK. To be honest... now that I think about it... I don't think any of them are the observant type. LOL. But it's been interesting to watch everyone slowly grow up, not only our OT5 but everyone in this drama. We've come a long way since ep 1.

Did I mention how pleasantly surprised I was when No Eul sung in the competition? That was really nice... not only is No Eul capable to be a detective, but also a singer too! Can the writers bring back his GF? I love them together... and really want to see more of them! too many OTPs to root for in this drama... hahaha. 

Now... time to rewatch and wait the 2 weeks... 

EDIT// I was thinking (or dreaming)... would it be cute if JH does the same thing as JB (the crane origami thing) but do little airplanes instead? He writes little love notes (maybe what he likes about her?), makes airplanes out of them and saves them... then give them to her when they start dating? that would be so cute. a girl can only wish...

answer16-00549.jpg

photo cr: dramabeans.com

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Vy Ho said:

Before I watched episode 16, my sister and I was thinking about the writer-nim wouldn't let JH-DS be together because it would make viewers (especially who support TK-DS) feel "oh so this is the end of the game" and not curious about what would happen next so I was in #teamlowexpectation for a whole week. Unfortunately, I was mad because I didn't see anything from our couple beside JH kept staring at DS :mellow:. It must be because I'm weird  :sweatingbullets: 

I don't know if this happened to you guys before, I feel really irritated when I see comments about "TK would be the husband because of...". It's nothing wrong with who you love and support but their logic is not solid at all , I find it really ridiculous and unreasonable (sorry if I offend anyone who also love TK). I don't want to argue with people and just want to enjoy watching my freaking favorite drama but I can't stand those people, they ruin my mood like a lot ==' Aigoo~!

Me too, I find their thought and clues are something ridiculous, some of them even make me laugh. If you don't want your mood to be ruined like that, let's ignore all of these ideas ;) 
Have a nice day, dear

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, hailaft said:

LOL, that's my fic though. Thank you for giving it some love :wub:

really? nice to see the writer's here too :D ur ff is so sweet :) you shoud giving the ori R1988 writer-nim some advice haha

-----------------------

btw, lately i only focus on JH  Ryu Jun Yeol's long fingers & hands :wub: im fallin' in love with his hands & fingers beside his killing smile :D 

• Like 4

I noticed something. In episode 4 was scene when rice stuck on DS face, and scene when JH protect DS from falling in bus.
In the end episode 5 was umbrella scene with DS and JH when she returning to home from study room.
In 15 episode again was scene with rice and in the bus, when DS hold chocolate in hands.
History seems to repeat...
Now at the end 16 episode DS is in study room... now little rain... umbrella scene...
and everything will be like supposed to be...
maybe...

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, rubygerrard said:

Me too, I find their thought and clues are something ridiculous, some of them even make me laugh. If you don't want your mood to be ruined like that, let's ignore all of these ideas ;) 
Have a nice day, dear

They just took all the writer's baits and feast on that, rather than actually watching the flow of the story. Sometime, I think the clues in Reply series are similiar with misleading titles in buzzfeed articles LOL :rolleyes: they do that to troll you. I watched all the reply series religiously and one thing I'm sure is that clues didn't matter that much.

26 minutes ago, Yuniarr YuniarV said:

really? nice to see the writer's here too :D ur ff is so sweet :) you shoud giving the ori R1988 writer-nim some advice haha

ahh, yes, I even posted the fanfic here before I posted it in my blog. The writer is doing fine, we all should have more faith in her :lol:

• Like 3

Uhurm, our taekie is not a baby anymore! I really like his character !in this episode...but JH, is that really hard? Awww I can feel to both guys, friendship and love sometimes you can't put them together...I find something weird in our triangle and I don't want to entertain it. I'm hoping they will justify the character of the husband, I mean it's JH base character so make sure it is JH. 

• Like 3

All these wonderful fanvids. How am I supposed to finish writing this report for work, when there are so many better drama related things I could be doing. LOL. Our Deok Sun really has gotten prettier as the episodes have gone on. I have gone back an re-watched some ep, and I don't know how the make-up teams does it, but all the kids look a bit more mature and more handsome/pretty as the months rolled by. Another thing I notice and really love is that our Deok Sun and the other characters repeat their clothes a lot. I hate it when in dramas a character is supposed to be poor but the have the latest cell phone and are supporting the latest and new clothes each scene.

@Martin Ces it's wonderful to have a male voice here. I sometimes wonder male perspective on drama male characters and their behaviors so it's nice to read your take on the characters and our Junghwan and Deok Sun and how their development is coming along. 

Re-watching certain scenes from old eps, I really enjoy that scene after they come back from the trip and mom accidentally whacks Junghwan on the head with the back scratcher. Our Junghwan was going to loose his mind with Deok Sun back hugging him like that. It was just after the alley scene so I can't help but think he's trying so hard not to let something rise or even worse blow again. It leaves me in stitches how he can't even bring himself to touch her hands and pry her off. He just does not know what to do with himself and it's even funnier that Deok Sun has no idea of her effects on him and is just trying to avoid her mother. hahahahaha.

I am so curious as to what our Deok Sun will be in the future. I am not worried about the boys (sans Dong Ryeong) but her...she's a mystery. One (or both) of them obviously became famous enough to interview but doing what!?! I need more flash forward scenes of their now because I really just miss seeing their adult selves. Also did Taek see the date as we assume. He only pulls the picture up halfway (no date visible) then pulls it back down and places the wallet on the shelf (which is where it still is when Deok Sun comes in) why do we think he saw the date on it? 

Do you guys think episode 17 will start in 1994 (or whatever the time sip year will be)? I for one want them to open in the new era and just explain the important stuff as they go along and leave some things un-aswered. Yeah it's kind of cheap writing and a copout of having to resolve a lot of things. But we ain't got time for all of that. Skip forward and then really thy can show us if Taek and Sunwoo's mom got married or Bora and Sunwoo broke up or still together. We don't need to see every single thing of how we'll get to some places. 

Thank you @haesungddolmi for the fixed subs. 

• Like 12