[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

22 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I know :tears::tears: I was so hyped for each and every episode. You should have seen me as I watched the ep. I was a lone LOL. I  cursing and dramatic crying and pulling my hair in frustration. I keep telling myself "there's still time girl trust these writers...there's still time girl...okay 40 minutes is enough time...20 minutes remaining is enough time...holy richard simmons do we really need this scene!!!...10 minutes is enough time...okay Mrs.SoJiSub 5 minutes *sniff sniff* is still enough time....*so close to throwing my iPad across the room* YOU richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons richard simmons SUCKING richard simmons richard simmons FUCKERS....

i blame myself for always being so hyped. I really should have joined team low expectations. But like a fool, even now I'm starting to work myself back up and get hyped for eps 17 & 18 :D Like a clingy second male lead, the never let you go richard simmons second female lead, and the evil villain that has come too far in their schemes to "stop now"....COME AT ME IN 2 WEEKS SHOW. I CAN TAKE WHATEVER YOU THROW :D it'll have been worth it. 

*Mariah Carey* I still believe that someday you and me....

LOL!! Although I was in team VERY low expectations, I had the exact same reaction haha!! And I already posted two very long posts about my frustrations and even promised I would be optimistic from now on haha. I was looking at the time too (while live streaming) and doing the same thing as you. Oh god 30 min, stop this useless scene NOW and show our OTP! again and again until they showed us a tiny bit pfffhhh.

Being optimistic: **.. uhmm needs time to think about something optimistic** .. Even if another drama is planned after Reply 1988 in the same time slot.. can't they extend reply 1988 but change the time slot?? They wouldn't loose anything because the ratings are high and they have to make a satisfying ending for the viewers (before viewers start to threaten them haha)??

• Like 6

Times haven't  changed that much.  In 1989, I'm pretty sure you can develop multiple copies of the same picture.   So just because Jh's picture is way too small to fit a picture frame, I'm sure there's an extra copy of this picture floating somewhere.   Tucked in a drawer...a diary?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, janeadelaine said:

sorry to cut your post!

I can't believe I'm doing all crazy things for this drama. but i dont think taek's pic was that big either so I try to find it. 

this is the frameanswer09-00234.jpg

this is taek's pic

tumblr_nzz975Shmz1qh1k0zo1_540.png

taek's pic is bigger than JH but not as big as the frame. am i being delusional? I really really want JH to be the husband. I am not and will never be prepared for a heartbreak.

I miss seeing the adults sooo much. Give me the adults. Adult Junghwan gives me life. I love their banter and years of established, love, trust, and comfort (both support and just being real and comfortable with one another). I also adore the way he looks at that photo (the memories that must be playing through his mind) and she looks at him :wub: Give me adult scenes. Bless you for your efforts in doing this LOL. This be some R94 wedding photo invevestigation level of dedication righ there. I adore this fandom LOL. I also think the picture they are marveling at will turn out to be a completely different one LOL. 

Also @wissyyyyy girl (or boy?) marry to me? LOL. I love how you are remaining calm and rational and holding it down when I can't right now. I agree with every word about them being high school kids. Also as I mentioned I believe the era we're watching has a lot to do wit it too. But legit we only have 4 episodes left. At this point the question really isn't "how is he the husband?" (That was my pain speaking so forgive me on that) but, how is he not the husband? Really if you ignore the red herring 'Blues Clues' game. Tell me, how is he not the husband? 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I miss seeing the adults sooo much. Give me the adults. Adult Junghwan gives me life. I love there banter and years of established, love, trust, and comfort (both support and just being real and comfortable with one another). I also adore the way he looks at that photo (the memories that must be playing through his mind) and she looks at him :wub: Give me adult scenes. Bless you for your efforts in doing this LOL. This be some R94 wedding photo invevestigation level of dedication righ there. I adore this fandom LOL. I also think the picture they are marveling at will turn out to be a completely different one LOL. 

Also @wissyyyyy girl (or boy?) marry to me? LOL. I love how you are remaining calm and rational and holding it down when I can't right now. I agree with every word about them being high school kids. Also as I mentioned I believe the era we're watching has a lot to do wit it too. But legit we only have 4 episodes left. At this point the question really isn't "how is he the husband?" (That was my pain speaking so forgive me on that) but, how is he not the husband? Really if you ignore the red herring 'Blues Clues' game. Tell me, how is he not the husband? 

EXACTLY!! GAAAAH, I miss Adult JH so bad!! I mean he even still curious about the chocolate DS gave to some guy like centuries ago. And he even felt UPSET about it and left her for a smoke??? How adorable is that. XD :wub:

@carolinedl I do hate onions, lol.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I'm not even thinking of these boys and girls marrying each other. The 'marrying your first love' thing only happens in Kdramas so let's not discuss how realistic this is because we know it isn't.

And I'm not sure DS will reject JH if she comes to know of Taek's feelings. Why should she? This concerns what she wants and why should she sacrifice her love life for the sake of not hurting Taek's feelings? Might as well pity-date Taek in that case. Also this translates into a situation where everything in the loveline is dependent on Taek's consent. If Taek gives the go-ahead, date. If he doesn't, don't. That sounds borderline creepy to me. I can still see sense in JH-Taek's actions but not in this scenario you're suggesting. Also following this line of logic, if friendship, indeed, is the most precious thing to these 5 it won't make sense to pair DS up with either of the boys in the future. Best to pair her up with some random guy she met in college or at work.

As for them behaving like 18 year-olds, I think the only person out of these 3 behaving her age right now is DS who is innocently pursuing - or at least was pursuing till episode 14 - what she wants.

The boys meanwhile are acting out roles from some tear-jerking melodrama.

I agree with this too. You are on point with every word. I think it's silly to put everything in Taek's hands and make it dependent on Taek's choice (I loath that he pulled the bro code too) because really it is all up to Deok Sun and her feelings of who she chooses or not! I hate keeping her and her feelings out of the whole thing just to protect each other or the squad. At the same time I also agree with @wissyyyyy about the high school confusion and bro code crap making sense (my little brother says he and his friends have done and would do the same). Ugh, why are all of you so intelligent and rational and obviously agreeable LOL. Can we all rage and rant a bit more LOL. I can't wait for this drama to end so I can return to my more rational but still crazy fangirl ways of watching dramas. 

Junghwan you dunce. Make a move in ep 18 or I really will want her to meet someone more worthy in college. 

• Like 8

I'm not even surprised with the turn out of episode 17.  I kinda knew it would go this way.  That's why I decided to just sleep in and not watch the LS.  I honestly don't see any progress until episode 19 and/or until the end of episode 18.  I think they'll repeat Reply 1997 and have the main couple get together at the very end and show quick moments of them together.

I'm just basing everything on the raw but I don't think DS is over JH.  She was civil and not all moony over him but it's understandable.  JH has yet to explain the shirt fiasco and for all she knows, JH has no interest in her.  The girl has other things to worry about.  JH has basically decided to put himself in the "just friends box" so I don't see him doing anything  until the very end.  It's frustrating but I believe Taek will be the key to all of this. Taek and JH need to have their bromance talk and for DS to find out how her 2 friends didn't allow her to be involve in any of their decisions. Episode 16 is only part 1 so I'm sure episode 17 will be about DS and the path that she will take in her career.

I was actually thinking of this exact picture frame when I saw the picture in JH's wallet.

scandinavian-picture-frames.jpg

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, honeywell said:

I'm not even surprised with the turn out of episode 17.  I kinda knew it would go this way.  That's why I decided to just sleep in and not watch the LS.  I honestly don't see any progress until episode 19 and/or until the end of episode 18.  I think they'll repeat Reply 1997 and have the main couple get together at the very end and show quick moments of them together.

I'm just basing everything on the raw but I don't think DS is over JH.  She was civil and not all moony over him but it's understandable.  JH has yet to explain the shirt fiasco and for all she knows, JH has no interest in her.  The girl has other things to worry about.  JH has basically decided to put himself in the "just friends box" so I don't see him doing anything  until the very end.  It's frustrating but I believe Taek will be the key to all of this. Taek and JH need to have their bromance talk and for DS to find out how her 2 friends didn't allow her to be involve in any of their decisions  Episode 16 is only part 1 so I'm sure episode 17 will be about DS and the path that she will take in her career.

Not telling DS abot their feelings is stupid thing. It's not like they know she likes them, yes she likes them as friends but she never said that she likes them in romantic way. So how could they decide on their own what to do its not like they are only guys on the planet or only good guys in their environment. DS could easily have a crush on someone else I dont like that they treat her as stupid person without opinion.

• Like 5

So I am putting my faith in you here. The reason why we haven't seen neither boy confess is because it's not about them. It's about who Deok Sun likes. It all goes back to the stair talk of ep 14. "Can you like someone without them like you?" Right now she doesn't "know" for sir either not likes her. I hope in the end we see her run and confess to the boy she likes without knowledge of Taek's feelings or Junghwan. Just run to who you like Deok Sun (even if he's a college hottie) and be happy together. We all know who that person is but I want to see her do the choosing so we can put the questions about her feelings and "falling for anyone who likes her" to rest once and for all. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, honeywell said:

DS should just blow up at Taek and JH for deciding for her and allowing her to have a voice.  DS should go with the random college guy and tell JH and Taek to be together and leave her alone.

If this were not a Korean drama where kdrama and it's logic says she marries one of them; I would seriously advice her to date, love, richard simmons in college and find out who she is, the type of person she wants to be, and the man or woman she wants to spend the rest or even part of her life with. The more I think on what both boys are doing (I could handle one bros over...but 2, TWO, BOTH boys not even telling her how they feel and letting her choose, Both simply assuming she will like them and or the other one of them and keep their feelings from her...ugh) I get so upset. I can deal with one person making assumptions and being brothers first, but 2 is 2 too many!!! I would be okay if the two boys had actually talked to each other and come to some sort of agreement on where/how to move forward. But both are being idiots and running on assumptions and haven't EVEN TALKED TO EACH OTHER ABOUT HOW THEY KNOW THE OTHER FEELS!!! Why for as close as they all are, there are so many damn secrets in the squad! The fact that no one in the "triangle"is talking with anyone within the"triangle" about how they feel is what's really grating on my nerves. The lack of progress in that case it's just ugh ugh ugh. All I wanted was for one person to say something to the other about feelings (they didn't even have to confess, just "Deok Sun is there anyone you like these days?" and I would have been cool. But instead we get broken dates of confessions and a richard simmons tear (richard simmons his tears) which is a repeat of the exact thing we had been experiencing with Junghwan for 6 episodes....*packs to fly to Korea and give someone a well earned beat down* 

• Like 9

At least there's some progress on JH's end.  JH is not ignoring DS and showing some emotions around her.  It's funny that SW talks about looking in someone's eye and finding out about a person's feelings.  Has anyone in the group except for Taek notices how JH looks at DS and how DS looks (or use to) at JH?  I feel like everyone has tunnel vision other than Taek.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

So I am putting my faith in you here. The reason why we haven't seen neither boy confess is because it's not about them. It's about who Deok Sun likes. It all goes back to the stair talk of ep 14. "Can you like someone without them like you?" Right now she doesn't "know" for sir either not likes her. I hope in the end we see her run and confess to the boy she likes without knowledge of Taek's feelings or Junghwan. Just run to who you like Deok Sun (even if he's a college hottie) and be happy together. We all know who that person is but I want to see her do the choosing so we can put the questions about her feelings and "falling for anyone who likes her" to rest once and for all. 

@MrsSoJiSub I like your idea, chingu. Probably it's not the guys who will confess. Maybe it's DS who will confess to the guy she likes, and then they will be end game. Obviously, the guy she likes is JH, although she's still unsure of the feelings. 

I napped so my frustration for this week's episodes will go away. I still don't like it, but my perspective is clearer. I will just be in Team No Expectations every week, and enjoy the ride. R1988 is still cute with all the family stories. I'll just think of it that way so the love line takes a back seat.

Edited by amyrrhielle
double posted in one post
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, honeywell said:

At least there's some progress on JH's end.  JH is not ignoring DS and showing some emotions around her.  It's funny that SW talks about looking in someone's eye and finding out about a person's feelings.  Has anyone in the group except for Taek notices how JH looks at DS and how DS looks (or use to) at JH?  I feel like everyone has tunnel vision other than Taek.  

I find it to be a bad useless plot making to keep this "triangle" that could have been over or never even started if Junghwan had simply given her the tickets in ep 10, going. But then again none expect Noeul has caught on about Sunwoo and Bora so they are all self absorbed blind idiots. Yes I'm still bitter at JH's lack of progress this ep. I really need to stop setting myself up for disappointment. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

If this were not a Korean drama where kdrama and it's logic says she marries one of them; I would seriously advice her to date, love, richard simmons in college and find out who she is, the type of person she wants to be, and the man or woman she wants to spend the rest or even part of her life with. The more I think on what both boys are doing (I could handle one bros over...but 2, TWO, BOTH boys not even telling her how they feel and letting her choose, Both simply assuming she will like them and or the other one of them and keep their feelings from her...ugh) I get so upset. I can deal with one person making assumptions and being brothers first, but 2 is 2 too many!!! I would be okay if the two boys had actually talked to each other and come to some sort of agreement on where/how to move forward. But both are being idiots and running on assumptions and haven't EVEN TALKED TO EACH OTHER ABOUT HOW THEY KNOW THE OTHER FEELS!!! Why for as close as they all are, there are so many damn secrets in the squad! The fact that no one in the "triangle"is talking with anyone within the"triangle" about how they feel is what's really grating on my nerves. The lack of progress in that case it's just ugh ugh ugh. All I wanted was for one person to say something to the other about feelings (they didn't even have to confess, just "Deok Sun is there anyone you like these days?" and I would have been cool. But instead we get broken dates of confessions and a richard simmons tear (richard simmons his tears) which is a repeat of the exact thing we had been experiencing with Junghwan for 6 episodes....*packs to fly to Korea and give someone a well earned beat down* 

This sentence!! I also thought whyyy the H... is no one asking this. No danger there if Teak would ask DS if she likes someone, I mean they talked about TK liking someone. COULDN'T he just ask her that question.  Ok JH asking this question might be obvious because they are suspecting each other, so he wouldn't ask this. Or maybe even JH could ask this... BUT DR could've asked in ep 16 if she has thought about who she likes!! aaahhrggh aaaaahhhrggghgr!!!!!!

(being positive)--> Since only 4 episodes are left I think PDnim has no other choice than showing the main OTP love line!!! Yahoo I think in 2 weeks we can have high hopes??.... and still hoping for an extension in some way. PLEASE!

• Like 4

Hola chingus,

what I see is that we ll not have any confession from the teen boys (  adult DS was teasing her hubby that he liked her since then cz she never heard any confession from Taek or JH).Adult DS will meet with adults JH and Taek then we ll have both of them asking her out and she will choose the one she likes.Until last episode we wont know who is the husband and director will show us an ultimate clue before showing us the face .This clue could be or the bowl Taek won in his baduk tournament or the soccer ball they gave as bday gift to JH.

I enjoyed the drama a lot more before writers making me single out JH s character and RJY the actor made me fall for his talent ,but by the moment I became part of the husband game the drama as drama came in a second place.Yes , still I enjoy the family stories and the adjummas, still I DO NOT enjoy Bora and her relationship with SW,still I enjoy seeing DS/SY focus in her studies but my main reason watching R88 is the love line that almost disappeared .

• Like 2

its fun to real all your comment and opinion,while here i am still lost my words,cant found the right words to explain my feeling about this weekend episode.Still recovering from my speechless last night.

The realistic from this drama just being too realistic. This isnt even 50 episode weekend drama it just a drama with 20episode(ok like more than usual 20 episode drama) , why makes an effort to make realistic?we see realistic side enough in my real life. Thats why is watched a drama to feels a fantasy-dreamy-not-so-realistic-live and enjoy the fun from a drama.And like running away for awhile for this hard real live. But this drama.......jinjaaaaa...huhuhuhu

Like i said before that the writer nim seems to lost her touch in writing, seems confused about her own writing that went nowhere and maybe she still looking for idea to makes script for the next 4 episode. (for sure she will feels pressure from everywhere but you did it to yourself chakanim, this is not my fault,,hahahahahahaha).

I think i must stay away to this thread, must going to the hometown with no connection internet.Oh my habit for past 2 months....opening this thread every time i can, ah i will miss it (its not even the ending of the drama, hiks). I dont know its bad or good things. I will miss you guys, ah i hope a miracle happened (that in that village still has internet connection)

• Like 11