[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@LyraYoo I've watched Six flying dragons and I've noticed some of those things you're concerned.

Like:

A younger brother to older brother will still say "hyung" (or something around it). A father to son will say "son" etc. Unless he wants to discipline his son, then the name. ;)

I've noticed that it doesn't matter if they're royals or common ppl. I've also noticed that royals (and aristocracy) had names that could be used by anyone without being rude. Here an exaple would be Sambong - Sambong was a name everyone could use and it wasn't rude, his real name was Jeong Do Jeon. Same thing was with princes's names (don't remember the name right now but Bang Won's name official name was different than his real name). So I think they'll address each other like this. Of course "your highness" and "your majesty" will be in use for sure. :)

• Like 7

Guest adikkeluangman

Choi Soo-young, Suzy and IU to take over the screens

It's going to be heated summer. It's a time where pre-produced dramas are coming out and several actors and star writers are making a comeback. What draws attention the most are the actor-turned singers. Some of them are Suzy from Miss A, Choi Soo-young from Girls' Generation and IU.

CjPioPWUoAQUuYV.jpg

- Girl's Generation Choi Soo-young's transformation

Choi Soo-young is coming back with the new OCN drama "38 Revenue Collection Unit" as a tax collector named Cheon Seong-hee. The drama is about tax collectors joining hands with frauds and getting money off of delinquent tax payers. Other casts include Seo In-guk and Ma Dong-seok.

Cheon Seong-hee is a public worker who collects taxes equally and fairly from those rich or poor. She does her best to do her job but con-man Yang Jeong-do (Seo In-guk) gets in the way and forms an awkward relationship.

Choi Soo-young has already starred in the 2014 MBC drama "My Spring Days" as Lee Bom who goes through a heartwarming romance.

- Suzy's more mature emotional comeback

Suzy is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Uncontrollably Fond". It's been a big deal because of writer Lee Kyeong-hee's comeback but it's pitched anticipation to the maximum because of Lee Min-ho and Suzy's featuring.

"Uncontrollably Fond" is a love story about a man and a woman who parted on bad terms but reunited as a super star and a documentary producer. The drama stars Kim Woo-bin and Suzy as the superstar and producer.

In the recent teaser, the two seem mature than before, Kim Woo-bin suggests to Suzy to be a couple for just 3 months and Suzy is looking at him stunned.

- IU's first historical

IU is starring in the new SBS drama "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" as Hae-soo and is starring with Lee Joon-ki, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyeok, Ji Soo and more. "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is a modern drama based on the Koryeo times directed by Kim Kyoo-tae.

IU's role of Hae-soo, is a 21st century bold girl who makes the path to her own fate. Lee Joon-ki takes on the role of Wang So.

IUstarted off with the 2011 KBS drama "Dream High" and continued on to "Pretty Boy", "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" and more. She's been reviewed to be a good actress so her comeback with "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is being anticipated by many.

http://www.hancinema.net/choi-soo-young-suzy-and-iu-to-take-over-the-screens-94839.html 

On 5/21/2016 at 2:09 AM, LyraYoo said:

This is the charm of Joon Gi as the main lead of the show, he also displays his leadership off cam. He installs friendship among his co stars that they really become closer even after the series ends. 

This happens quite a lot when he's having a show (for example he and  his co-stars in SWWTN follow each other on IG)

So true... and it was so sweet to see the camaraderie among them in SWWTN. Beautiful leadership!:wub:

Welcome to all newbies to the thread!  smiley-welcome.gif

Nam Joo-Hyuk Shows Off Good Hair in New Still as 13th Prince in K-Bu Bu Jing Xin

neusk.jpg

Read full article on Koala's Playground

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, FernAndaH said:

NOOOOO!! I WANT MORE!!

I also want more but at least is better than 16 :lol:.

Yeah, we have a cast full of pretty/handsome people. But I still dont get why for many koreans small heads is something related to beauty or to be praised for. 

EDIT¨:

That's true! ;) I thought I would see some news about Girls Generation Seolhyun in this drama, but I havent seen anything aside a fan taken photo of her with the director and Nam Joo Hyuk. 

This is old but I found the title interesting:  Osen - Naver: Lee Junki "excited filming for 'Scarlet Heart: Ryo'... I like working with IU". http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/02/still-cuts-and-screenshots-of-iu-and.html

Good for them! Praying for a good chemistry! 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I'm one of those concerned fans... :o

Me too I'm not a fan of LJG's weight loss but I guess it was necessary for this role.

@LyraYoo I hope Joon Gi has a few action scene's too.

@Gabi Bros I saw your question catching up on this thread about what actors are we here for, I'm here for Lee Joon Gi first, then Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk ( He was just adorable in CITT) and @jongski's man Ji Soo . Thank you for your insights to the original drama. I don't want to watch it before this one because I'm afraid I would just compare the two. I did want to try to read the book but it seems it is only translated into english through chapter 4.  

• Like 8

Ji Soo will be part of drama Doctors which will be followed by this drama. jongski is one happy girl  :D 

OT: What's LJK best historical/period saeguk drama? I wanna check one before  this drama airs. I've seen him in TBDaW. 

• Like 5

On 5/22/2016 at 1:41 PM, cedarwood said:

I ALMOST forgot how beautiful are Joon Gi's eyes... Yeah, I'm kidding - it's impossible to forget. But they do mesmerize me whenever I see him. :wub:

@cedarwood  I have always said JG eyes do mesmerize, They are so mysterious but yet sexy and his voice is even more tantilizing.. 

I'm so looking forward this drama and happy it would be a summer drama that we all will be voting for hopefully for and award. 

36 minutes ago, jongski said:

Ji Soo will be part of drama Doctors which will be followed by this drama. jongski is one happy girl  :D 

OT: What's LJK best historical/period saeguk drama? I wanna check one before  this drama airs. I've seen him in TBDaW. 

Check out Iljimae or joseon gunman/shooter

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, jongski said:

Oh... do I have to choose only ONE? Let me think...

Il Ji Mae is great - something like korean Robin Hood and Joon Gi is v. young there. 

Hmm... Joseon gunman - lot of action, great story, Jeon Hye Bin as second lady and my favourite bad-guy-actor as his archenemy. Also includes Joon Gi changing a lot and speaking japanese. 

Scholar who walks the night - I know, there are ppl who dislike this drama but I enjoyed it anyway. It may not be my favourite but it's a drama with a lot of kissing scenes (and the bathtube scene) so if you're romantic person (and you like really lovely bathtube scenes), don't mind vampires and want to watch absolutely beautiful hanboks (not to mention bathtube scene!) this drama is for you.

And, of course, Arang and the magistrate. Ghosts, myths, gods, beautiful music, Joon Gi is fantastic satto, not to mention Shin Min Ah is his leading lady and they made great onscreen couple.

I really can't chose just one! ;) 

Thanks for all the photos and everything. I really can't wait for the drama! 

• Like 7

@cedarwood @valsava  thank you for the choices :)

I'm not really fond of historical period dramas but if done well I can watch but always I end up not continuing  especially if it's  more than 20 episodes.  With Joon Gi though I think he's mores more  better with costume dramas, right, so I wanna check :)

• Like 5

@jongski I'd recommend like @LyraYoo - start with Joseon gunman. She's right, that's the good saeguk to start. And yep - LJG on a horse with a gun is... something you'll never forget. :wub: Not to mention the gun move he always made. ^_^

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

So,this picks my curiosity if SHRyeo will dive into action scenes as well. Not sure if the PD will-- considering this is a 20 episode drama. JG is an action star as his template portfolio,it would be a waste if we only see less of his talents in this upcoming drama. 

I hope he does some action scenes. I mean I love him as an actor but let's just face it - his action scenes are amazing. :heart: That's why I was wondering if Wang So was a warrior or more like polititian.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

That's why I was wondering if Wang So was a warrior or more like polititian.

I don't know much about Wang So, but what I have read in comments is that he is an historical korean figure, the 4th prince of Goryeo who was known as a warrior wolf? So I think he will have action scenes. I know that that character of Wang Soo appeared in Shine or Go Crazy, I have seen pics...but haven't seen that drama. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gabi Bros said:

I don't know much about Wang So, but what I have read in comments is that he is an historical korean figure, the 4th prince of Goryeo who was known as a warrior wolf? So I think he will have action scenes. 

Yesssssssssssssss!!! So happy to read that. 

Someone mentioned before that Wang So was known as Wolf Dog which reminded me immediately of TBDAW. But I actually never learned what that actually meant so I was wondering - maybe only this he was cold and wasn't nice person.

Gee, I haven't seen the drama and I'm already in love with this character. :D Can't wait to watch all those princeses in action.

Thank you for your answer! :D

• Like 5