[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, pauexclusive said:

FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING TROUBLE MOVING ON WARNING: please avoid nature trips!

I enjoyed nature trips while MLSHR was airing.

AND now I can't even look at a TREE without crying!

Yes we must avoid the trees!

This is not a DRILL! I repeat not a drill.

1 hour ago, Evelyn C said:

Didn't Wang So make friends with trees? :bawling: I can't look at stars anymore, they remind me of the couple's stargazing dates. Mushrooms are hard to eat, because they remind of Soo and So's meal before all the palace woes started. BB cream is also too painful to use - The list of things I can't use anymore reach the sky... SIgh... Why did we do this to ourselves? 

How are our lives changed...sigh. Now we can't simply enjoy small moments of nature-tress and stargazing simply because they remind us of our Wang So and Hae Soo :bawling: Simply putting on BB cream will remind me of the make-up scene and how Wang So wanted to cover his scar, the one thing that he felt was his greatest weakness but at the same time learned to accept it. I swear if I hear someone mention "Pegasus" I will cry because I'll remember how he tried to pronounce it. 

• Like 13

Dear all, I'll come up with new theory again.

The first first scene as introducing  scene of the royal bathing for all princes is truly Haesoo's dead scene. It is not just a girl-drooling scence.
Dialoge of Wang Jong in EP20 intended to stress on that incident.
Hae Soo had a complex expression that you can see it from Charyeong criticized old Hae Soo behavior with Go Ha Jin. Hae Soo should went to that cave by asking for Charyeong's help.
She must had heard from Myeong Hee that the day is royal bath and she want to see one person she know at that occasion. Wang Wook is that person , he was the only one who knowed her and slipped out her name. She didn't want to see any other naked men, for affirming this reason you can notice that  she walked pass public bathing place without stopping by. She had feelings for Wook.

If real Hae Soo did not died by that accident then she must be the one person who got marry to Wook definitely after Myeong hee's dead.
Then hae Soo/ Go ha Jin stepped after real Hae Soo fate by falling for Wook.
HaeSoo had been supposed to be 8th prince's wife,  but Hae Soo/ Go Hae Jin did breaking bad with the fate by dumb 8th prince and choose 4th prince intead.
She do really intervened history. 

Edited by Fettuccinic ravioli
misspelling
  • Like 13

On 11/5/2016 at 11:25 AM, virsvirs said:

I have signed the petition guys! I also told all my friends who have watched MLSHR to sign too :D 

Can't believe +28.000 people already signed :w00t: c'mon guys all we need is +6500 more people :sweatingbullets:

Let's make it possible! I know we and the rest of MLSHR supporters worldwide can make it!!! \^0^/

Here's the link: 

https://www.change.org/p/sbs-make-scarlet-heart-ryeo-season-2-possible?recruiter=130251770&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

WOW, the last time I checked there were +28.000 people signed, now already +31.000 people signed!

The international fans are sure wanted a season 2 of this awesome saeguk drama. Hmmm I wonder if we really can get a season 2 of MLSHR once the petition reached 35.000 signed. But... hey, a girl can dream right? :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_06_at_12_22_57_PM.pn

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, virsvirs said:

WOW, the last time I checked there were +28.000 people signed, now already +31.000 people signed!

The international fans are sure wanted a season 2 of this awesome saeguk drama. Hmmm I wonder if we really can get a season 2 of MLSHR once the petition reached 35.000 signed. But... hey, a girl can dream right? :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_06_at_12_22_57_PM.pn

Done signing!:D

• Like 6

On 11/5/2016 at 4:00 PM, shamael said:

As far as I can tell, the timeline was all over the place in the second part of the finale - in both version.

WS & HS's daughter is supposed to be born around 952.

Queen Heonjung was born around 966. Wang Chi, her brother, was born in 960. So, when WW speaks about "the children" it is supposed to be around 969 for he died in 969 - BA's visit happens around his time of death - and the girl is not a baby.

The problem is it is referred to Ju's birthday in two instances in the international version and, as there is no sense of time in visual narration, our brain automatically links the two to create the timeline. So we assume - really it is totally normal - it is the same moment in time as it should be but if it is then WS & HS's daughter should be around 17 and GJ 44, but at the time YH speaks of the reforms as if it is something on going or at least quite new which would put it around 960.

21 hours ago, shamael said:

I made a little step by step of the second half of the 20th episode with "historical" years for both version.

the sequence of events goes as follow:

SBS version:

Spoiler
  1. Wang Won’s death (unknown year)
  2. BA meets with « Bok Soon » (supposedly after 966)
  3. BA meets with WW who is obviously at the doors of death (around 969) which places the whole BA segment around 969
  4. YH speaking of Ju’s birthday (after 955), the deaths of Gyeongchunwon, son of Yo, and Heunghwagong, son of Mu, (after 960 for both where in 960) and eventually the emancipation of slaves (after 956), putting the whole thing after 960
  5. WS meeting his daughter difficult to tell her age but she can't be over 10, before 962 then.
  6. JM leaves the palace
  7. Eclipse (the only eclipse visible from Korea in this time period was in 975 on August 10, it was a total eclipse)
  8. Present time segment
  9. BA comes and gives the news of WW’s death (969). WS is left alone.
  10. Flashback
  11. WS wipes away his make-up
  12. Flashback

International version

Spoiler
  1. Wang Won’s death (unknown year)
  2. YH speaking of Ju’s birthday (after 955), the deaths of Gyeongchunwon, son of Yo, and Heunghwagong, son of Mu, (after 960 for both where in 960) and eventually the emancipation of slaves (after 956), putting the whole thing after 960
  3. WS meeting his daughter difficult to tell her age, let’s roll with a 8/9 years if it fits the timeline.
  4. WW and his mother speaks about the children entering the palace (at least after 964) and mention is made again of Ju’s birthday
  5. BA meets with « Bok Soon » (supposedly after 966)
  6. BA meets with WW who is obviously at the doors of death (around 969) which places the whole BA segment around 969
  7. JM leaves the palace
  8. Eclipse (the only eclipse visible from Korea in this time period was in 975 on August 10, it was a total eclipse)
  9. Present time segment
  10. BA comes and gives the news of WW’s death (969). WS is left alone
  11. Flashback
  12. WS wipes away his make-up
  13. Flashback

Strangely enough, the timeline of the international version is much more consistent if you exclude the mishap of mentioning two times Ju’s birthday in succession when it is absolutely not at the same time but not apparently so - a big no-no in visual narration.

Wow. Thanks for attempting the impossible task of clarifying the convoluted timeline. Very useful info....... although at this moment, it only makes my head hurt even more.

I think, for the post-HS part of the finale, the drama has given up on trying to work out its own timeline. I don't think the writer is sure by then, how the historical events (true recorded events) correlate with the fictional events (as in, HS-centric events). Worse still, the SBS re-editing team seems to pay no mind to the logical sequencing of the scenes anymore, so the final SBS version only adds to the confusion.

For me personally, the drama would have worked out better if they would just focus on WS-HS-related storyline in the 2nd half of the finale, and show the fate of other characters & their relationships with WS/GJ only as post-credit scenes or (better yet) as a post-credit text sequence (e.g. "GJ maintains only a cold/hostile relationship with his son conceived by YH" rather than show the GJ-YH confrontation about his relationship with their son). Because I find myself unable to connect to the scenes portraying GJ-YH confrontation about their son, or WWon's suicide, or BA-WWook conversation.

For post-HS era in Goryeo, the only scenes that make any sort of emotional connection with me are: GJ-WJ scene with HS's kid & the last scene of GJ alone. All other scenes have a feel of "scene-by-numbers", and the confusion they added to the timeline detracted greatly from the finale, because while my heart was trying to make a connection with the plot, my brain kept trying & failing to place the scenes in the historical timeline.

Edited by zi4r
Shortened the quote with spoiler tags
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

LJG had done so many depressing roles, so i guess he'll be all right...he just bid farewell to his character and accepted even a web drama for lotte world, that way his concentration will be in a new character (he's a chaebol here so its different vibe).. also its been months from the last taping (they ended in june) so i guess he just enjoyed watching and reading fan comments and making edits in his instagram.. hahaha

just say we need emotional closure... hahaha

emotional closure Got it! :grimace:

• Like 8

10 hours ago, shamael said:

As I've read some posts about acting, I would like to add a little thought.

I hope no-one will take it as my bashing anyone for I believe that every one did their best and they mostly did a pretty good job - considering. BUT LJG is most of the time on a different level from pretty much anyone in the cast and I think it impacts the way we perceive HS compared to WS. 

At any given moment, without a voice over explaining his inner thoughts or his voicing his feelings, we are privy to what WS is feeling and thinking through the performance of LJG. Not so much with HS. It is not a critique of LJE's performance. It is extremely difficult to have all these emotions and thoughts on display without over doing it and over acting, especially when they are happening all at once in a blink of an eye. I’d rather have a more restrain acting. LJE is totally up to the task of playing HS, she is just not on par with LJG and I believe that it unfortunately has had an impact on the way we perceived their relationship and the intensity of each of their loves.

When it comes to sageuk, I think it is a tough ask for most actresses to be on the same level as LJG, but I'm actually glad that IU took this role of HaeSoo. I believe the chance to act alongside LJG will improve the skills of any actor/actress, as evident by the way how his valuable pointers help Baekhyun during their scene. And since being it a sageuk, there must be quite different ways of portraying those emotions, actions or speeches, as compared to being in a modern drama. I thought IU did well given her relatively lack of experience in this genre, as opposed to LJG. Maybe she wasn't as good at the start, but as the drama progresses, we can see her getting better and better.. and her portrayal of HaeSoo starting to win me over. The gap got reduced, and I thought the relationship with Wang So and the emotions portrayed got more intense as well. Would put it down as a combination of her own hard work at improving, and LJG being a good sunbaenim and mentor too.

• Like 22

To me, MLSHR is similar to the case of Playful Kiss (2010, starring Kim Hyun-joong).  It didn't succeed in its ratings in Korea but it had a huge international popularity. Many fans were disappointed and sad to see it end. As a result, a short special episodes was released on YouTube after the series finale. 

Now I wish MLSHR's producer will do this too T_T jesus christ please

• Like 22

3 hours ago, scarletcryz said:

This is just my thinking. Hoping that what Joon gi said a special scene happend , hoping that it will be shown next time and his IG that has a word of " SOON "   

Hi @scarletcryz (sorry if I do not quote your whole post)  I'm with you all the way for wanting a 2nd season of MLSHR or SHR. I've signed the petition for 2nd Season too.  But according to the more drama wiser chingus here, the probability of a 2nd season is slim because the drama didn't get a good rating in its own country.  So I guess the word "Soon" in his IG means something like "See you soon in another movie / drama".  Well I hope it's just me being too pessimistic. I really hope the drama gods will make a change to that rule because SHR is very successful internationally.  So a very big yes to a 2nd season with one condition, that it's going to be the product of a carefully made story, editing, production and with a very good director, writer/s and other crew.  If it's going to be made in rush just to catch the SHR popularity wave that it's having right now, then please no to 2nd season.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, pauexclusive said:

FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING TROUBLE MOVING ON WARNING: please avoid nature trips!

I enjoyed nature trips while MLSHR was airing.

AND now I can't even look at a TREE without crying!

Yes we must avoid the trees!

This is not a DRILL! I repeat not a drill.

Now I wish I didnt read your post. Now I'm being emotional again :bawling:

3 hours ago, Evelyn C said:

Didn't Wang So make friends with trees? :bawling: I can't look at stars anymore, they remind me of the couple's stargazing dates. Mushrooms are hard to eat, because they remind of Soo and So's meal before all the palace woes started. BB cream is also too painful to use - The list of things I can't use anymore reach the sky... SIgh... Why did we do this to ourselves? 

I see trees of green ... I see traces of Wang So ... :dissapointed:

• Like 9

@40somethingahjumma First thank you for the like. I've read in your post that you also think that LJE and LJG have chemistry together. You're free to join us in the JoonU thread. *just inviting* Its okay to say no though. I also want to warn you that we are a little bit delusional there as we are hardcore shippers :blink:

• Like 11