[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

12 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

The negativity was never toward JG as an actor or person so i dont see how it affected him personally. Only thing is TV ratings which he mentioned and that's always been a constant of worry as far as he's concerned. Most negativity went toward IU and Baekhyun mostly. LJG and KHN were the only one who basically were praised while the rest were roasted. LJG is by far the one who benefited the most out of ML. And I'm not one who is sad he didn't get to share the Top Excellence award with KRW or LMH. He got his own shinny trophy which was pretty damn good. If people see it as a consolation prize, I can't change their minds but I just don't. He wanted the couple one the most and he got it.  Majority of actors do. Just look at Oh Yeon So's speech stating that's the one she wanted. Like LMH explained that it's important to them because it shows that people believe in the chemistry of both actors which sometimes can be harder to sell than acting your own character. Funny enough, MBC was always shutting down LJG except it did get couple award with Shin Min Ah there who is by the way another one of my fave partners with him. JG has also expressed his desire to be recognized and loved worldwide so get the Hallyu Star award is a testimony to that so I truly believe he loved that one too. So no need to be sad or disappointed for him when SBS treated him wayyyy better than MBC ever did even though most of his post army projects were with them. It's clear that JG doesn't pick his projects based on the channel. He probably go for character driven pov. Those projects are honestly based on luck. Actors sign up for stuffs that doesn't even have a finished script one they agree.  How are they supposed to know that the drama will succeed or fail? Even in the US for example, the Good Wife which is critically acclaimed and one of my fave shows went to crap toward the last two seasons so how can k actors be luckier in choosing projects? For KES, in my original country, they would say she has witchcraft on her side because some of her work, I'm sometimes baffled how they eat it up like the holy grail lol

I noticed that people at the SBS award looked so dead boring except for the ML table lol You can even notice that the actress playing the younger version of LMH step mon in LOTBS kept looking and smiling at their table like "wow that's where the fun is. Can I move there?" No wonder most people tuned in at KBS well besides the DOTS mania lol

Yes it was never towards LJG. WAng So was a masterpiece. As some say, his performance was the saving grace. Well his performance wouldn't be saving anything if those unnecessary comments didn't come up. That is why I find it so unfair to him as he delivered such a phenomenal performance yet it may go unrecognized. And it was also unfair to IU & Baekhyun as somewhat they were pre-judged & never given a chance first. Constructively speaking, there were rooms for improvement on their craft but there were moments when they delivered splendidly. But nothing near as to what  some haters say.

Also, for saying LJG by far the one benefited most out of ML. I don't know why but it did not sound right in my ear. Well as I have said he delivered such an amazing performance. For all we know, those unnecessary issues could have cost his Daesang. Well, it's all in the past. I know in my heart that ML was an epic drama. I hope LJG & the whole of ML team will get the recognition they deserved in other legit awarding bodies.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 13

On 07/01/2017 at 0:15 PM, ruizaio said:

When 3 representatives of MLSHR DC visited the production company's office, even though they had made the appointment 3 weeks in advance, nobody important was there to accept them. Just some entry level employees who didn't know anything (they weren't even sure about whether the international postcards had been coming in) greeted them and took the gifts. Then a few days later, one of the visitors received a phone call that was basically saying that they can't deliver the gifts for the director and complained that their office had been getting phone calls from parents of fans or other fans who wanted to know what happened to the gift. The DC fan explained that they can't return the gifts and insisted that they be delivered to the director. I'll post updates if there is any.

This is it:warning::warning::warning:

The. Straw. That. Broke. The. Camel's. Back.

With that kind of treatment, I highly doubt that they will be back for a season 2.don't think it's even a possibility. :heartbreak::weary: :bawling: 

I am just happy that at least JG and IU did their best to give us an ending. For me the drama ended at the SBS awards night.

Spoiler

C1OF4BKVEAA_Do8.jpg

C1AO8k_UQAAd9lx.jpg

C1AO8lQVQAAewBK.jpg

C1AO8lMUAAI3-0b.jpg

Their guestings at each other's latest fanmeetings are a bonus.:heart::glasses::blush:

Spoiler

C1ki3A4VQAAsBsY.jpg

C1pjftOVIAICTYW.jpg

• Like 13

16 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

@ruizaio thank you so much for keeping us updated! That's really disappointing to hear... It's like everyone is rooting for the drama except the director/production companies! Even (if what I read is true) LJG and IU want a happy ending and to do a season 2! Bah!! I hope they get our postcards!!

I'm SO excited to see LJG at IU's concert!!! Not only did he show up, but they did the rain scene. I love how they are playing it out for the fans!! They must know how we feel and they are doing everything they can to make us happy! I hope IU goes to JG's concert... how amazing would that be!

As far as the director's cut on Dramafever, I haven't watched all of them yet, but I did rewatch episode 16 (not the beginning!) and it had the nighttime back hug that wasn't in the international version but was in the SBS version... So I'm thinking they might all be like that (SBS version)? Who knows!

I was with my sister at tonight's fan meeting, and yes it was amazing! I was one among the audience who shouted the loudest, the moment IU appeared on stage. She even wore a long hair wig to look more like Hae Soo. 

I love how IU and LJG are trying their best to give us closure. I haven't moved on with the drama. And after seeing them during the SBS awards, and now in LJG's Taiwan fan meeting, I feel really happy, like I somehow got the ending that I wish for. 

I've liked several Korean actors but it's my first time to go to a fan meeting. Wow, LJG's stage presence is daebak! 

• Like 24

1 hour late when i check my phone and found one of this.

these two, LJG and LJE really are adorable! They really trying to please their MLSHR fans by giving them a "thank you for supporting us" closure. may you two have much more wonderful life and careers!

• Like 16

please vote in soompi!! best kiss of our OTP is in second place now... i want them on first since the best couple was not enough using our powers (but still im voting for them there, we might snatch the 3rd place)

in actors, LJG still in third, but JCW is in 1st place now! we need more votes here (at least he gets the best actor award here)

• Like 11

sha lala what a weekend!

haesoo and wangso at modern weekend party with their favorite couple black leather jackets

hae soo also use this black leather jacket at this Taiwan weekend venue 

beautiful  Hae Soo

she sang BBJX song... quite a voice

uh Là, 3000 fans having a blast!

Hae soo high notes.

Dana, this girl is one of the really fortunate fans that can get a hold of the 2 event of her favorite couple of the year! you go girl!

credits for @moon_cookies24 and @dana164.5

• Like 15

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

I was with my sister at tonight's fan meeting, and yes it was amazing! I was one among the audience who shouted the loudest, the moment IU appeared on stage. She even wore a long hair wig to look more like Hae Soo. 

I love how IU and LJG are trying their best to give us closure. I haven't moved on with the drama. And after seeing them during the SBS awards, and now in LJG's Taiwan fan meeting, I feel really happy, like I somehow got the ending that I wish for. 

I've liked several Korean actors but it's my first time to go to a fan meeting. Wow, LJG's stage presence is daebak! 

yes, i think this is their aim, since they gave us hope on the supposed ending (but since even them do not have any control on the decisions of the producer) with so many fans of the drama loving yet disappointed in how it was treated by circumstances.. i don't think they do it just for fan service, the special friendship is real no doubt about it..  youre so lucky youre there!!!

• Like 17

my modern wang So with different characters tonight

wang so sang mandarin song

black leather jacket, my most favorite, though  change the pants please .. wkwkkwk

omg... he really is all out... no comment for this characters. he really like to do T T dance

• Like 10

I haven't been able to spend any quality time in here but I plan on reading @40somethingahjumma review of my fave episode 11 tomorrow! 

I saw that IU went to the LGJ fan meet and reenacted Hankie scene.  Lucky Taiwan fans!! Be still my fan heart. They are very sweet to their fans and I agree that they (at least LGJ) likes to play their roles. I do wonder if this is to drum up social media excitement about MLSHR.  

I saw that Baek Hyun and King Taeyo commented on LGJ's instagram photo of him & IU.  Anybody translate that yet?

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

yes, i think this is their aim, since they gave us hope on the supposed ending (but since even them do not have any control on the decisions of the producer) with so many fans of the drama loving yet disappointed in how it was treated by circumstances.. i don't think they do it just for fan service, the special friendship is real no doubt about it..  you're so lucky you're there!!!

So true. I was energized by LJG as he dance and perform for his fans. And having IU as his surprise guest simply just made my day. On the way home, my sister thanked me for introducing Moon Lovers to her. She bought me a LJG pillow as a treat. I wonder if LJG would really keep his promise to return to Taiwan next year? We hope he does. 

• Like 17

@sosooyah19 episode 14 is a great episode, so many sweet and lovely scenes... so it was easy to take beautiful pics though it was hard to chose wich to post...

@40somethingahjumma episode 11 is the best episode for me and i loved your insights about it so much... as you said it's really difficult to say wich scene is better or my favorite (rain scene or prison scene).. the first time i watched the episode my fave was prison scene but everytime i watched rain scene i like it more so right now i can't decide... may i ask you a big favor? please don't stop writting... if you must slow down i'm ok but please please don't stop... i was waiting for your posts about the final episodes so much! i'm still very conflicted about them and want to know your POV so much!!! of course i will understand if you can't... 

Thank you all for sharing those wonderful vids about the FM. i'm always amazed at LJG's dancing skills... he's awesome. And IU attending his FM!! and the handkerchief scene!!!! I'm floored... they're so good to us fans...

@htk9207 you're so lucky to attend the FM... i'm really happy for you even if i feel a little jealous... but still so very happy for you and your sister 

• Like 12

Hey guys were there ever any special episodes after the drama ended, and if so, where can I find them? I am sorry if you guys already went over this. I am new to the site and it's kinda difficult for me to go through hundreds of pages posts to try and find info (it's awesome that there are so many posts for this drama though!). I know about all the teaser pics that IU and LJG posted that suggested there were additional scenes but I can't seem to find any extra eps anwhere.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Yes it was never towards LJG. WAng So was a masterpiece. As some say, his performance was the saving grace. Well his performance wouldn't be saving anything if those unnecessary comments didn't come up. That is why I find it so unfair to him as he delivered such a phenomenal performance yet it may go unrecognized. And it was also unfair to IU & Baekhyun as somewhat they were pre-judged & never given a chance first. Constructively speaking, there were rooms for improvement on their craft but there were moments when they delivered splendidly. But nothing near as to what  some haters say.

Also, for saying LJG by far the one benefited most out of ML. I don't know why but it did not sound right in my ear. Well as I have said he delivered such an amazing performance. For all we know, those unnecessary issues could have cost his Daesang. Well, it's all in the past. I know in my heart that ML was an epic drama. I hope LJG & the whole of ML team will get the recognition they deserved in other legit awarding bodies.

At the end of the day I don't think any of us really knows what really happened behind the scenes. I've done my fair share of speculation but it's just that. It might not have been the negativity surrounding the idol-actors at all. Maybe it was just something as simple as plain bad scheduling and timing. 

I'm with you, I think ML was superb, ambitious and bold. Maybe the editing could have been better but when I rewatch it now, I don't even really notice it. I guess we ML fans are really passionate about our show and we really feel the injustice of how the show was treated by local audiences and as a flow on, SBS. Everyone knows what I think but I just want to say that I believe that SBS did the best they could for LJG under the circumstances. It's a juggling act for them but these awards are primarily political gestures anyway. I'm sure LMH fans think that he deserved the Top Excellence Award. In fact I know they do from other places.

I don't know that it's really all that important for LJG to win the Daesang or the so-called Top Excellence Actor award. I remember HSK from Tree with Deep Roots and he's a great actor so I'm sure he's a deserving recipient of the Daesang this year. Also it doesn't feel to me that the SAF awards are 100% about acting alone so we shouldn't treat them like they are the holy grail of acting either.

Whether LJG's acting went unrecognized is debatable. In every site that I visit... legal or illegal, I see nothing but praise for his acting. Even in the more high profile blogs that didn't like ML and criticized it mercilessly thought he was amazing. I think that's why he did get the Hallyu because SBS was recognizing something the rest of us already knew... that he gave a career defining performance and it was embraced by the world. International fans made a difference, we made SBS sit up and take notice... we proved that the ratings system means diddly squat when it comes to recognizing quality.

I know we all wanted a better result for our favourite show and actor of 2016 on the local level but somehow despite everything, we did make ourselves heard. I like to think that we did make a difference for LJG... and the rest of the cast of ML.

@antoniaclamens -- I'll do my best for you dear since you asked so nicely. :grin: But even if I can't get to 12-18, I will endeavour to do one on 19-20. I have a few ideas for the last two episodes already. I'm sure I must have watched Ep. 20 over 10 times already.

Thank you for your kind compliments... happy to know that you've been reading and enjoying the retrospectives. 

• Like 19