[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

16 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

im also actually thinking how many years did HS actually lived in Goryeo? some say 10 years, so when she spent 7 years before WS became GJ, and an additional year carrying a child, it means she spent 2 years with GJ before leaving the palace? coz it doesnt look that way...

what i know is WJ is younger than HS. HS and Eun is of the same age, and WJ called Eun as Hyungnim... also WJ addressed HS as Noonim (am i correct or there's another old term of noona, i think)

HS and Eun are same age, if according to novel and C-version, they are both 16 at the very start of episode. 

We know Gwangjong is 25 when he ascended the throne. He's 21 when Yo ascended the throne, and 19 when WM was the King. WS was sent to borders on Taejo's order for one year while HS works as musuri, before Taejo's death, meaning he was 18.

Consider that from appearance of Go Ha Jin in Goryeo until the poison tea incidence is one year span. That will mean HS and Eun were 16, while WW and WS were 17 (since they were born in same year) as a start. But here's the problem, how old will Wang Won then, since he is supposed to be between Eun and WS/WW?

Unless the start of episode to the poison tea incidence were only a few months time. Then :

HS and Eun = 16

Wang Won = 17

WS and WW = 18 (WW  feels too mature for 18 though)

BA and WJ = between 13-15

Ok, I hate this but I have to use YH as benchmark for timeline. Judging by the "fateful" night between GJ and YH, YH was impregnated when HS about to leave the palace. That will be 10 months before Wang Ju's birth in November, 955. Means HS left the palace around Jan, 955. She should be 6 - 8 weeks pregnant that she knows she missed her period and shows sign of pregnancy while the doctor do not know. So her daughter should be born around Sep-Oct, 955. She died not long after that.

Means HS is in Goryeo starting from 942 and died at 955. 13 years then... And she died at age 29. This is only correct if YH gets pregnant on first try, but based on her character she will have gulp in all the tonic and medicine to make sure.

Means the editing team rushed all remaining 6 years into 2 episodes!  Am I ranting again? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 19

16 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

just imagining MLSHR happen like w: two worlds.. since i saw edited pics of WS turning real and leaving the painting.. :w00t:

HS is in front of the painting, crying..

WS in front of the painting, examining the finish product...

then a solar eclipse occurred, slowly darkening the whole inner palace..

then he saw a silhouette from the painting, slowly like turning into a mirage..

HS lifted her head again, and was shocked to see WS staring at her, shocked too..

what's next...? :P

THAT would be soooo creepy ...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Thank you for this - I was wondering too.  Would you mind please breaking it down for me more literally??  I understand 너를means you/your in the object form but not sure about the rest.  Perhaps 은 is a past/ present modifier but then what about 애?  And 한다 is the declarative formal low form of the verb 하다 - to do, to have - often used with adjectives.  Sorry to be such a pain but I have a very basic understanding of Korean and I am still learning so I get curious when I can't figure something out.  Or perhaps it is ancient language often used in Sageuks??

은애 refers to mercy (은) and love (애), and is more appropriate for the love and affection of parents for their children. So it isn't exactly appropriate to replace "사랑," but for whatever reason, is used a lot in fusion sageuks. 괴다 is the right word but not many modern day Koreans would understand. 연모하다 would be a better choice.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, redfrommars said:
  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oflqy9TXsr1r3stu6o1_500.pngtumblr_oflqy9TXsr1r3stu6o2_250.pngtumblr_oflqy9TXsr1r3stu6o3_250.png

P.S. Posts coming from Scarlet Heart Ryeo fandom are funny because it shows how this drama has taken our soul and we're suffering and cannot move on until now

Reveal hidden contents

Post from ArasoAniyo from tumblr

When you refuse to move on...

• Me: Sees the Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo trailer/teaser.
  • Me: Baek-ah! What are doing there? Is Wang So with you? Hae Soo is literally balling her eyes out in some museum..

I try to move on, God know I try. But they keep pulling me back to this crazy MLSHR world (with the hand, the vein, the king cow, etc).

I even try to watch IU's MV because I never knew her music before. But when I watch the video I get confused. My brain keep asking me why Hae Soo is singing? Wow, Hae Soo is singing and dancing. She looks different than her usual (in my brain, Hae Soo's personality is the usual).

I am so sorry IU. The power of MLSHR is too strong, too strong :tears:.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ruizaio said:

은애 refers to mercy (은) and love (애), and is more appropriate for the love and affection of parents for their children. So it isn't exactly appropriate to replace "사랑," but for whatever reason, is used a lot in fusion sageuks. 괴다 is the right word but not many modern day Koreans would understand. 연모하다 would be a better choice.

@ruizaio Thank you for the fascinating insight into the language used. Is this an example of scenes where the speech used is inappropriate, or is 너를 은애한다 acceptable in this case?

Also, does So using this particular phrase indicate that his feelings for Soo are more than merely romantic, but familial as well, or am I just reading too much into it? 

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this, I really appreciate it.:) I'll recognise it next time haha.  I like 연모하다 - has a real depth of meaning :D

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I try to move on, God know I try. But they keep pulling me back to this crazy MLSHR world (with the hand, the vein, the king cow, etc).

I even try to watch IU's MV because I never knew her music before. But when I watch the video I get confused. My brain keep asking me why Hae Soo is singing? Wow, Hae Soo is singing and dancing. She looks different than her usual (in my brain, Hae Soo's personality is the usual).

I am so sorry IU. The power of MLSHR is too strong, too strong :tears:.

i have a quite similar problem. I didn't know LJG before MLSHR. I fell for WangSo first, then LJG. I tried to stalk LJG instagram, and everything about him after MLSHR. But nothing satisfied me. I felt that LJG is not WangSo. WangSo is somewhere else, living his lonely life without HaeSoo. I didn't know IU as well. When I see her on my tweeter feed, i just feel she's not HaeSoo. She's somebody else. And i felt pity for Go Ha Jin, she's now living the memory of the man she loves. I bet she's very confuse. I tried to watch BBJX Season 2 Ep 1 and 2. I think GHJ is living just like Ruo Xi is in modern world. Now, WangSo and HaeSoo-GoHaJin are separated both by time and space. It should do them justice, if when GwangJong died in the year of 975 when there was an eclipse, he would be transported to the 21st century to meet his HaeSoo-GoHajin. I am just wondering how would GwangJOng defy the heaven and earth to find his HaeSoo.

On other thing. I still can't bring myself to watch Ep.20 SBS version. It is the only episode that i watch only once. I need a time for myself and alone if i want to watch it again so i can cry as much as i want.

The good thing about MLSHR open ending is that we are still talking about it even days after the last episode. We're still hoping there will be MORE and MORE. Just like WangSo and HaeSoo never stop hoping that there might be the slightest chance for their love to bloom. Although that chance likely never came. My heart hurts once more.

• Like 19