[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I really enjoyed Moon Lovers, surprisingly more than BBJX, which is saying something for me! 

The last two episodes definitely made me cry my eyes out. The drama gave such depth to supporting cast that I found myself crying for their tragic endings as well! 

This was a good run! 

• Like 17

56 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

I have made up my mind not to open this forum since Friday, I even uninstall my instagram to avoid any kind of spoiler! But that was worth it, I truly loves the ending, my hope is for the drama to give good ending despite it being happy or sad and boy how they delivers! I might need to pick up pieces of my heart and do rerun before I can wrote a long essay about the ending. 

But all in all, my life was a mess thanks to Scarlet Heart, but it is worth every emotion and tears I pour into this drama, now I can finally have my real life back (and wedding preparation on the way)

Aaaawww salute to you for keeping all spoilers away! and yeeaaayyy to the wedding preps takes into priorities again :D

Wish you all the best!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sooji28 said:

We can hope for 2 specl episodes. But i don't think they won't give us the so-called special episodes. Even i am pessimistic with the release of DVD and BTS. :( 

AMEN for special episodes!! :D

DVD is possible but with BTS or not, well idtk..

• Like 6

2 hours ago, penforella said:

Which idiot decided to omit that scene? No wonder they were saying it was a happy ending. Probably they decided the fans know too much and want to turn the table on us. :bawling:

This drama gave me hangover like no other.

I think what they meant by happy ending is.. happy ending for them, maybe not so for us lol

Since they left an open ending, they have successfully engaged all the viewers now to actively participate and come up with their different versions of the ending. And when the discussion online is starting to fade off, they will come up with the cut scenes in the DVD release.. and everyone will be curious once more what their original intended ending will be.. thus bringing up the attention on the discussion again.

• Like 12

Hi MoonLovers chingus,  I've keeping quiet just lurking around to read all the wonderful recaps and comments. Well, we have come to the end of the show and now back to reality.  I have to be satisfied with the open ending because of the many many possibilities of the ending.  I love all the characters, their acting, their sets and I guess the Director:)...Hoping for Season 2?  Of course!  But I hope it will be a happy ending.  All the best and good luck to all the wonderful actors for their next project.  Love you all....and love them too.

Edited by krismat
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, megamineko18 said:

The SBS ending left me feeling MEH. The "happy ending flashback" did not make me happy one bit. i would have preferred if they ended with So / GG shot and he he said something like  "we will meet in the next eclipse" or that Hae soo / Ha jin glimpsed upon a wang so look alike. is the international ending the same?

It's the same ending, but they used the ioi ost instead, which made me cringe because it does not do that ending scene justice......I honestly preferred the sbs version....

• Like 10

13 hours ago, lyserose said:

After 20 episodes, I still could not understand the function of Ji Mong. He has contributed to totally nothing in term of the plot movement, character motivation or growth. So, he really does come from the future but what's his purpose of being transported to Goryeo?

You are not the only one, I am still thinking what his role was for?

• Like 13

oh god just when i was in the last stage of acceptance  they hit me with news of an uncut futuristic scene ....way to go director...i will have to extend an apology to the writer because she did wrote it ..i repeat she did wrote it...(maybe with the intension of being broadcasted) bianeee writer-nim  and the letter is not bad ...i needed  subs ...how can i cope with the fact that they omitted so many scenes...that's why i'm blaming the director...writer nim you are back on in my good graces ...i still love the show..ok mainly WS ,but he's all over the place ..so i can like the bitter in betweens

• Like 7

I am a complete mess after watching both DF and SBS versions. And I really cannot stop watching the scenes when WS finds out about HS's death. When LJG is leaning over the urn and he makes that just heart wrenching sob. It kills me. I don't know how he is able to pull that off, but damn LJG. I bow to you and your amazing acting prowess.

Also...was the scene with Wook and his mother really necessary in the international version? I really could have cared less.

• Like 22

5 hours ago, antiherofans said:

I just wake up after not much sleep last night and the first thing I have to do is write this (I have no life because of this drama). I need to get this out of my system :). Sorry for the long post.

After last night bitter sweet ending, at first I was like so cheated. Not because of the drama but because I totally believe that hoax news PD Nim says that the ending would be happy. Yes, I am that naive and desperate. So, when no future WS in the horizon I was like "Oh no, don't you dare do this to me. This is all a lie. JIMONG. JIMONG." In the middle of the night, I suddenly realize this drama is over and I cry for an hour. Remembering how tragic their life, their love and for me it is an epic love story :tears:.

The truth is I like the ending much more than I thought I would. It is bittersweet with a touch of open ending, hollywood style :rolleyes:. This is why I like and accept the ending as it is.

First, I could not be more glad to find out the reason HS leave the palace. She just do what a mother would do, protect her baby. I am happy they don't go with the miscarriage thing but a survival baby. This is good, writer. Thank you for this. I was crying so hard when WS finally realize it is their baby and choose the right thing for her benefit and safety. Watching her grow from a far. And the beautiful girl that look like her mother so much, is the ultimate proof of their forever love. It must be really hard on him to do that but in the end he choose to honor his true love's wish. I am so proud of you Wang So :bawling:.

Second, Wang Wook. Kang Ha Neul really did a great job to make me hate this character so much :). But I really like to see this older & wiser Wook who finally accept Wang So as the king and acknowledge him as the strongest king of Goryeo. He really look old, broken but wiser. And for him seeing Lady Hae on his last moment, I really like that. He finally realize his true love. Thank you Kang Ha Neul for your hard work bringing this character to life :wub:.

Third, Go Ha Jin remember everything in the future in front of Gwangjong picture. Oh, this scene is so good and sad :bawling:. I was crying like there is no tomorrow when she says she is sorry for leaving him alone. IU is so good in this scene. It hits me how painful Go Ha Jin must feel when she realize about Wang So, her baby and everything that happen in Goryeo. I can picture she will try to find any information about WS and their baby. This little romantic side of me really hope she can find WS somehow :tears:. I know, he is not going to be the same Wang So who she fall in love with but I don't care :sweatingbullets:. I need this a bit to ease the pain.

Fourth, ooh this my favorite scene and fav ending. The Lonely King. Gwangjong with the eclipse in front of this palace. I got goosebumps seeing that scene. It is beautifully done and will haunt me for a long time. So dramatic, so powerful and so much meaning. And the way Hae Soo's voice echo to the past during eclipse and he realize she is in different world. And the last look of Wang So with the scar saying he will find her, I got goosebumps just by writing this. It is AMAZING. LJG is born to play Wang So. I cannot praise him enough. LJG as Wang So is going to be in my all time favorite character along with Heath Ledger (Joker), Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lecter), Meryl Streep (Miranda Priestly) and Marlon Brando (Vito Corleone). For me, that is the highest praise I can give to actor/actress. Thank you for making our Wang So to be this outstanding, out of this world character, LJG :wub:.

And the last one, the piggy back WS - HS moment. For me, this is a beautiful goodbye scene to make us remember, they do have a good time together. Despite all the tragedies, the death and the separation, they both always love each other. That is the most important thing for their epic love. This is a beautiful love story, so pure yet so tragic :bawling:.

And I will cherish all the good memories I have with MLSHR and this thread for this 2 months. It is a wonderful journey and now I am crying again :bawling:

I need to get back to my real life :sweatingbullets:.

You summed everything how I feel. Still, I am not happy about the ending. I feel that for episode 19 and 20, everything was a bit rush and they didnt wrap it up nicely. I am pretty sure I would be less angry and disappointed if they wrap it up nicely even without modern Wang So.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@may6 @magdale

according to twitter news, Jisoo said they cut out a future scene that WS and HS met again.

I dun know what to say...... whoever who make that decision has a twisted mind.....

I sort of torn with this news. Happy because their initial intention for SoSoo to meet again, on the other hand having knowledge of what could have been makes me even more sad. :bawling:

• Like 14