[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, maskros said:

Thank you guys all for the screencaps and news. I do hope (and pray) that the actors do not have to lose any more weight. It is alarming enough as it is now, what with LJK losing 12 kg for the sake of the drama. IU is skinny and pretty enough, so please don't give her the idea that she is 'chubby' X(

Me too. I hope that IU get rid of that idea of being chubby because she really is so skinny already. :mellow: And for Lee Jun Ki, hope he has stopped loosing weight for the character because he also is so skinny right now. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jongski said:

@Gabi Bros

" RX was heart-broken by his lack of trust when she found out and she finally made up her mind to break up with 8th prince. "

I guess heartbroken and trust are two key words here. She only when to 4th because he was heartbroken. Again, perhaps I'm watching too many dramas and I'm thinking maybe trust doesn't equate to love..or does it?

But in any case more screen time for 14th prince! because I'm basically just watching this for Ji Soo (IKR. but just really not t fond of historical dramas  no matter how good it is.. after about 3 or 5 episodes I get bored. I remember  a chingu suggested Cruel Palace to take a look at. But I didn't even last an hour on ep 1after 20 mins I just drop it. But that's just me.. ha ha)  Gaksital is the only period drama I watch from start to finish.

I hope this will be good one. And yes I also would like more KHN.

Trust does mean love but the problem is they broke up because no trust/lack of trust. I too feel confused here. Mian guys I can't help to clear the misunderstanding. :confounded:

And banzzaaai for more jisoo, you know ever since angry mom, I am registered his fans too. LoL.

And I dont mind at all if haesoo/ruoxi have a romantic feeling for 14th. Too bad she only see him as friend, secretly while watching BBJX, I internally scream for ruoxi to just marry 14th rather than planked and demoted to laundry departement. Heol. XD

3 hours ago, maskros said:

Hi thanks for your input. And yes I remember the scene you mentioned so you don't have to waste your time rewatching it if you don't want to. I know looking up for certain scenes in a long drama can be time-consuming ^^

I still think RX and RL as different though. RL is lively (personally I don't think she is loud :P ) but is still the Confucian kind of liveliness while RX's character borders on rebelliousness, independence and pretty much breaking all the concepts of womanly behaviour at the time (as 4th commented after the horse riding lesson, 'she is different, she has individuality').

That RX is not willing to accept 8th's ambition doesn't make her love an infatuation. I would call the 'love' that 10th has for her as infatuation instead. 10th's infatuation is gone as his character grows, but RX's love for 8th lasts through her personal development in the story. Her sacrificing her moral belief against polygamy and most importantly sharing a man with her own sister (a huge sacrifice for a modern girl at that) was not dropped overnight, but through much reflection and consideration of her own feelings (and his).

That the first wife sacrificed for 8th doesn't make her love any more true than RX's love either. Many women back then considered their husbands as their little 'sky', and would often go along without questioning their decisions and choices. RX only loves 8th (and even 4th) with a modern mindset, and probably thinks she wasn't courageous enough to be with him. That I'm selfish in love does mean my love is not strong enough, but doesn't make it an infatuation. I think the same goes for RX's feelings for 8th.

Thank you guys all for the screencaps and news. I do hope (and pray) that the actors do not have to lose any more weight. It is alarming enough as it is now, what with LJK losing 12 kg for the sake of the drama. IU is skinny and pretty enough, so please don't give her the idea that she is 'chubby' X(

Scientifically anything involve the production of oxytocin/cuddle hormone in people brain can be called love. If it only last 4 months, its a crush. If it is love it will last around a year. Hahaha.

Edit: I want to rewatch but at the same time I want to watch shine or go crazy too, so I can relate with the Korean history. >.<"

Lets just name 8th and ruoxi affection as immature love.

I guess the one that tong hua really want to be ruoxi husband is 4th prince since the beginning. 8th more like lesson learned. The first one that meet ruoxi after she travel back to the past was 4th prince, it actually funny to me  because she lived in 8th prince residence. These little details what make me love BBJX, the way the writer deliver the story is just awesome. <3

I heard that they are almost done filming, wish there is more romantic scene between LJK and IU.

God know  I adore them so much. For me personally the feeling that ruoxi and 4th prince share is very precious. They dont just fall inlove with each other but they choose to stay inlove. Oxytocin might last a year but people can always choose to fall all over again with the same person for the rest of their live, it is what make love last. Their love is not just sparks fly to me but the true definition of afire love.

ALL THE BEST FOR SCARLET HEART RYEO CASTS AND CREWS!!!! 

• Like 8

hye everybody... 

i just found out that korea will make a remake for BBJX.. seriously so excited for this cause BBJX is for me the most realist romance that dramaland have for a while now.. it have all the basic human emotion and most importantly nobody is perfect in this drama.. also the will that RX have to live no matter what is so touching and she knew what right and wrong even she loved that person.. 

i already see the trailer and damn that cinematography is A+++.. IU is doing a decent job as far as a few scene that i see and she totally feel like LSS.. KHN and LJK will be a rival for both love and throne so excited how they will progress in the drama.. and also excited to be here and share the excitement for this drama... :)

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, peny said:

I guess the one that tong hua really want to be ruoxi husband is 4th prince since the beginning. 8th more like lesson learned.

Definitely with you on this one *throws heart everywhere*. What I like in BBJX is that no character is made perfect or downright right or wrong (yeah apart from the Crown Prince whom I could care less about lol). RX has her weakness and she is partly blamed for the broken romance between 8th and her too, and the drama made clear that she saw it in the end, rather than victimised her (in many K-dramas in a broken relationship one side would usually be victimised and the other is portrayed as either a jerk or a gold digger, etc.). I hope this one would at least not fall into the same old track again.

I think there will be more romantic moments betweek 4th and IU's character (HS? The name hasn't registered to my lazy brain yet, lol). It's just that in a preview they need to introduce all of the princes and briefly what's going on without giving away the ending, that's why we've got to see more of KHN's tenderness toward IU and so far only the one-sided wooing from LJK (am I the only one giggling here thinking about all the romances?). The balance between RX's romance with 8th and 4th was a little bit off in the C-version, which frustrated many fans because her attraction to 4th seems too absurd. I hope in this adaptation they learn the lesson and make it more believable for the viewers.

jongski: If the writing is close to the C-version you won't be disappointed, because 14th's screentime is enough for you to swoon over the drama from beginning to end. Seeing JiSoo and LJK, KHN and IU as more solid cast among the younger characters, I think JS will get decent screentime for his part, at least in the first half of the drama as he is more likely to ally with 8th (KHN) so he will pop up pretty frequently *cross fingers*

• Like 11

On 6/15/2016 at 7:42 PM, maskros said:

(am I the only one giggling here thinking about all the romances?).

No you are not! :P I am in many ships here. 

Wow! Gorgeous! :o Love the hair color. :heart:

A video of the making:

• Like 5

Joon Gi's IG and Weibo today. His official fc in Korea Hajunse sent Steak support

13417612_1217579574941588_40122174316924

OMG the steak has come to the shooting location. HJS came to this earth~~~ hallelujah ~♡♡♡♡
(translation by elly)
@actor_jg - 세상에나 스테이크가 현장에 오다니 하준세 이땅에 오셨네~~~할렐루야~~♡♡♡♡
P

Sending you the deep feelings at the site ... the best love, the most powerful cheer... Thank you~^^ Love you~~^^ ( translation by elly)
@actor_jg - 현장의 감동을 그대들에게... 최고의 사랑 최강의 응원 넘 감사드립니당~^^사랑합니당~~^^

13419155_1217596234939922_40119798089142

• Like 10

GM_20160616_181731.gif

Embarrassed 4th prince is so cute. Hahaha

Anyone think these two scene is similar? But the one riding horse with haesoo is 4th prince. Looks like SHR have many surprise in store for us. XD

20160616_101336.png

Screenshot_20160616_102344.png

Edit: fyi, the one at the bottom pic is 8th prince and ruoxi

• Like 10

@Gabi Bros lol. Is it a pegasus? Gonna be so cool if they make fantasy saeguk with IU riding a pegasus XD

LJG arms is so muscular, thats must be the reason why IU hurt her forehead when she hit it. Imagine haesoo cuddling with 4th prince and his arm wrap tightly around her, sounds legit. kekeke.

GM_20160616_174238.gif

• Like 10

18 hours ago, maskros said:

jongski: If the writing is close to the C-version you won't be disappointed, because 14th's screentime is enough for you to swoon over the drama from beginning to end. Seeing JiSoo and LJK, KHN and IU as more solid cast among the younger characters, I think JS will get decent screentime for his part, at least in the first half of the drama as he is more likely to ally with 8th (KHN) so he will pop up pretty frequently *cross fingers*

Looking forward to this! Ji Soo, Joon Gi, Kang Ha Ha Neuk. Nam Joo Hyuk.  I've seen IU in  Dream High?  and You're the best Lee SooShin ( admit watching that for mah loves JJS.. ha ha).

So is it advisable to watch the c-drama before watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo?

11 hours ago, patoi said:

Joon Gi's IG and Weibo today. His official fc in Korea Hajunse sent Steak support

I love how Joon Gi's always  appreciates the fans and support.

I wanna see him in modern drama after this one.  I mean like.. he's 34 or 35, right? so how bout... something like LMIYD? Oh yeah....

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, jongski said:

So is it advisable to watch the c-drama before watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo?

The two stories will be very likely different though (and so the tone, feel, and mood will also be different), so I won't say it is advisable to watch or not to watch. It depends on your personal preferences really. Especially if costume-based, historical drama is not your cup of tea, you don't have to go out of the way to watch it. The thing is, if one has been familiar with K-drama, watching C-drama will be like a 'culture shock' (yes it took me several dramas to get used to the K-drama settings when I first started), which takes away (even if just initially) from their viewing experience, so I'd say you can watch the trailer and perhaps the first 2 eps first before deciding whether it is the right kind of drama for you. If you decide to stick it out till the very end, make sure you buy lots of tissues for the latter half of the series.

Otherwise, just reading the synopsis is good enough to have an idea of the plot.   

• Like 8

2 hours ago, peny said:

LJG arms is so muscular, thats must be the reason why IU hurt her forehead when she hit it. Imagine haesoo cuddling with 4th prince and his arm wrap tightly around her, sounds legit. kekeke.

Hahahahaha maybe. :P

@jongski BBJX is a good drama for the ones that like history, politics and romance. There is almost no action or fantasy. But I don't think you will regret watching it. DramaFever has uploaded recently all the episodes in good quality.

• Like 7

personally for me Kdrama and Cdrama is really different. one thing that i noticed is how Cdrama focused not only the lead and more on the plot rather than love story unlike Kdrama is mainly focused on love story between the lead.. in BBJX RX interaction with the 4th prince is really minimal during the first half of the drama and the last 10 episode is really the romance between the lead.. but Cdrama is really great at balancing thing between the lead and the story plot so its subtle but strong..

i don't think SHR will do that if its follow the usual Kdrama.. most importantly i really curious how they will show the 4th prince changing when he became the king.. i mean BBJX is really downright cruel when 4th became a king.. not his fault though its just what he HAVE to do to maintain his position and protect RX.. its going to be interesting how SHR going to do that..

• Like 14

15 hours ago, violet90 said:

personally for me Kdrama and Cdrama is really different. one thing that i noticed is how Cdrama focused not only the lead and more on the plot rather than love story unlike Kdrama is mainly focused on love story between the lead.. in BBJX RX interaction with the 4th prince is really minimal during the first half of the drama and the last 10 episode is really the romance between the lead.. but Cdrama is really great at balancing thing between the lead and the story plot so its subtle but strong..

i don't think SHR will do that if its follow the usual Kdrama.. most importantly i really curious how they will show the 4th prince changing when he became the king.. i mean BBJX is really downright cruel when 4th became a king.. not his fault though its just what he HAVE to do to maintain his position and protect RX.. its going to be interesting how SHR going to do that..

Totally, it was as much a love story as it was a political saga.

One of the strength of the Chinese version was how it shifted tones in a subtle way yet made powerful impact. Rouxi was a brat who kept growing more mature as she left her sister's home and entered the Forbidden Palace. And so the story also shifted from carefree interactions to more political power struggles. Nicky Wu was amazing. From the guy who barely said any word to Rouxi's love to The Emperor of Qing Dynasty who held the nation together with at time even cruel decisions was well shown. He had that aura of a future emperor. The reticent one who can play chess well yet can rule with an iron fist. I hope they can keep that up here. But I guess this version is a bit more korean drama friendly, he felt like a guy who has a tragic history, lots of hidden pain, the usual Korean drama lead type who is all soft inside but stern outside. Also maybe a bit more brash in his actions, at least I felt that when he took IU with him by basically fighting 8th in the trailer. Nicky Wu's fourth waited, plotted, waited and then made a final move. I would like to see how they manage the 4th's arc here. The original's charm was how it came full circle and history never changed. It was sad but fun to see the whole thing work out and the pieces falling where they should no matter what. Also, almost all the main Prince involved and their wives had fleshed out character, take 8th's first wife along with Roulan. She was a lady who stood up and supported her husband when the time came, not just a jealous wife, Neither was tenth's wife as silly as I initially thought.

One of the main points where I hope IU can prove me wrong is the transformations in Rouxi and here her character. Liu Shi Shi did it with an ease, I hope she can do that too.

• Like 11

On 6/17/2016 at 3:30 PM, Nymeria289 said:

One of the main points where I hope IU can prove me wrong is the transformations in Rouxi and here her character. Liu Shi Shi did it with an ease, I hope she can do that too.

I really like IU but I feel the same. 

Actually, I am worried that Haesoo will stay as a clueless woman the whole story because one of the reasons I liked BBJX was because Ruoxi was a calculating character. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Totally, it was as much a love story as it was a political saga.

But I guess this version is a bit more korean drama friendly, he felt like a guy who has a tragic history, lots of hidden pain, the usual Korean drama lead type who is all soft inside but stern outside. Also maybe a bit more brash in his actions, at least I felt that when he took IU with him by basically fighting 8th in the trailer. Nicky Wu's fourth waited, plotted, waited and then made a final move. I would like to see how they manage the 4th's arc here. The original's charm was how it came full circle and history never changed. It was sad but fun to see the whole thing work out and the pieces falling where they should no matter what.

Sorry to cut your post short :) 

But I think a kdrama friendly character is a good idea too. There is many example where a drama with this kind of lead, hit a success.

Lets trust our PD and writer. As we know KimPD previous project TWTWB is different adaption from the movie and Jversion, Jo in sung character in this drama is exactly like what you describe above. And in a good light our PD version is more loved.

As for IU as haesoo @Gabi Bros she improved her acting in producer. I am sure with the right directing and script, our IU will shine. Kim PD really good at casting idol actor/actress. You see jung eun ji in TWTWB and do kyung soo in IOIL, they all talented and did a good job.

For SHR and BBJX plot/political story, sure will be different since Khistory and Chistory not the same. In BBJX 4th forged emperor kangxi's will but in SHR, 2nd and 3rd prince will ascend the throne first. If they make SHR 4th waiting and plotting secretly until he deliver the last blow, it will make less sense. Both brother still so young they are not likely to die naturally soon, maybe 4th prince going to fight them openly. But I dont know for sure, need more time to understand wangsoo and how he become king, i think i am going to marathon Shine or go crazy when i have time.

• Like 9

Have not watched the Chinese version and hope to watch this drama with fresh eyes!

I have a feeling I will need to read up on the character synopsis to get who is which prince and what not before the drama airs. 

• Like 8