[Upcoming Movie 2016] Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River 봉이 김선달

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho was scared of the way Xiumin looked?

The cast members and director of 'Kim Sun Dal' attended a press preview for the film which took place at Seoul's CGV on June 21. 

It was during this press preview that Yoo Seung Ho talked about his first impression of Xiumin. The actor said, "When I first saw Xiumin, I had no idea that he was older than me. I thought he was my junior but it turned out that he is actually three years older than I am. I was kind of scared [of the way he looked] because of his sharply slanting eyes." 

Cldb26gUkAEJ4xQ.jpg

Thankfully Yoo Seung Ho was able to get over the 'scary' way Xiumin looked the more he got to know the idol! He explained, "As I talked to him more, his sharp eyes changed into eyes full of mischief. Like a friendly neighborhood hyung, [Xiumin] really enjoys playing around and has a bright personality. Because he acted like a younger brother who is full of aegyo [on set], I think I was able to act more [naturally] like the older brother in the film." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/yoo-seung-ho-was-scared-of-the-way-xiumin-looked 

-----
Yoo Seung Ho Says He Was Surprised By EXO Member Xiumin’s Real Age

During a “Kim Sun Dal” media conference held on June 21, Yoo Seung Ho shares his first impressions of fellow co-star EXO’s Xiumin.

“Kim Sun Dal” is a historical heist film about the legendary con man Kim Sun Dal, who fools the king in order to sell off the ownerless Taedong River.

CleohbuUkAIdg5t.jpg

In the film, Yoo Seung Ho plays the infamous Kim Sun Dal, while EXO’s Xiumin makes his big screen debut as Gyun Yi, a wannabe con man who looks up to Kim Sun Dal like an older brother.

While his character Kim Sun Dal is actually older than Xiumin’s Gyun Yi, in real life, the actor, born in 1993, is actually younger than the idol member, who was born in 1990.

Yoo Seung Ho says, “When I first saw him, I thought Xiumin was younger than me based on appearances alone. I learned he was actually older than me by three years after searching online. I was actually a little intimidated when we first met because of his sharp eyes. However, after filming together and talking more with him, his eyes started to look more mischievous rather than sharp.”

The actor also praises his co-star, explaining, “Something I really liked is he really felt like an older brother to me in real life. He’s energetic and likes to joke around. He played the part of ‘Gyun Yi’ really well also. Since he would act cute as if he was really younger, I feel like I was able to portray being the older one more easily.”

“Kim Sun Dal” will be released in South Korean theaters on July 6.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/21/yoo-seung-ho-says-surprised-exo-member-xiumins-real-age/ 

-----
Young and sexy Yoo Seung-ho's "Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River"

"Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River" is being released on June 21st. Yoo Seung-ho comes back with comedy on his back.

"Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River" is the story of Kim Seon-dal, a conman who sold the river by fooling even the king.

photo737129.jpg

In the fable of Kim Seon-dal, this scholar from Pyeongyang in the late Joseon times couldn't achieve his dream of being in the public office due to the status system. Then he fools powerful authorities and wealthy merchants with his wit and tricks. One of the most popular stories about him is selling the water in River Daedong.

The movie "Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River" brings back this legendary conman and retells the story of his conman life. Director Park Dae-min adds modern taste to the movie and makes Kim Seon-dal look sexier.

Yoo Seung-ho takes on the role of the legendary conman. He enjoys taking risks and goes through problems with his genius brain.

photo737130.jpg

Yoo Seung-ho was took a fancy to the audacity and composure of the character and is going to undergo various transformations; a king, a monk and even a beauty. He said, "I tried out many different hairstyles and disguises for this role. I had to pay a lot of attention to my behavior and voice when I became a beauty".

"I didn't want to lose to Ko Chang-seok. I want to show that I can be comical too".

http://www.hancinema.net/young-and-sexy-yoo-seung-ho-s-seondal-the-man-who-sells-the-river-95810.html 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho Reveals What He Does When Hanging Out With Friends

Actor Yoo Seung Ho recently sat down for an interview to promote his upcoming film “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River,” and talked about how he hangs out with his friends now as an adult.

“I don’t have celebrity friends. I still hang out with my middle school friends,” he says, “People would think a bunch of guys like us would spend the night drinking when hanging out together, but my friends can’t drink. Even we think we play safely when we hang out.”

201606221215284221847_20160622121653_01.

He continues, “When my friends and I meet, we drink coffee, talk, and then go to a PC bang and stay there for about four hours. Then we come out to eat dinner and then go back to the PC bang to stay there till 2 a.m.. We do hang out until late at night, but there’s nothing special.”

He laughs and says, “I do feel free. We play games or just go for a drive sometimes.”

Meanwhile, Yoo Seung Ho’s “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River” is coming to theaters on July 6.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/22/yoo-seung-ho-reveals-hanging-friends/ 

-----
Yoo Seung Ho Only Has Superlatives For Park Bo Gum In Interview With The Star

Actor Yoo Seung Ho features in a pictorial and interview with The Star magazine ahead of the premiere of his new film “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River.”

During the interview, Yoo Seung Ho addresses a comment that actor Park Sung Woong had made about Yoo Seung Ho in the past that drew a lot of attention, namely that Yoo Seung is “the kindest man he’s seen ever in his life.”

Yoo-Seung-Ho3.jpg

“After meeting Park Bo Gum, I thought, ‘I have found someone who’s got it worse than me.’ If I never met him, I would have agreed [with Park Sung Woong’s comment], but Park Bo Gum is really a good person.”

Yoo Seung Ho also shares his thoughts about his acting career and upcoming film “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River.” “I have worries and anxieties about my acting. I want to show a different side of me, but that’s really hard.”

He also talks about dealing with high expectations for his acting. “[The expectations] are really high. I know very well that I may not meet their expectations,” he shares candidly.

Yoo-Seung-Ho11.jpg

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho12.jpg

With regards to his transformation into a fair maiden for a scene in “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River,” Yoo Seung Ho says, “I thought that if I dressed up as a girl I would look pretty. But the more makeup I put on, the more scary I looked. In the future, I will not be dressing up as a girl.”

Meanwhile, “Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River” is slated for release on July 6 in Korea. You can catch Yoo Seung Ho’s full pictorial and interview in the July issue of The Star.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/22/yoo-seung-ho-superlatives-friend-park-bo-gum/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung-ho envies his character in upcoming film

Actor Yoo Seung-ho said he envied the character of the lead role he played in upcoming movie “Seondal: The Man who Sells the River” in an interview released Sunday. 

Yoo, who told local news outlet Dailian that he has “low self-esteem,” had not appeared for an interview for more than a year, after his previous movie “The Magician” was a flop at box offices last year. 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160626

“I was like, ‘It was all my fault,’” Yoo said. “It was hard to bear online comments containing harsh criticism.” The success of the following TV series he starred in, “Remember: War of the Sun,” proved some consolation afterward. 

Yoo added that he liked the bright personality his fraudster character in the upcoming film, which is the exact opposite of his own disposition. “I am the complete opposite (of Seon-dal),” Yoo said. “I‘m always drowning in worry.”

To the young actor, Seon-dal is “very young, bright and attractive,” in contrast to his roles in previous films. “I loved the atmosphere of the filming sets throughout.”

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160626

Although playing a character that did not resemble the actor was a challenge, Yoo “envied” the way Seon-dal exerts self-confidence. “He never hesitates in setting goals, planning them and executing,” he said.

The comedy-periodic film will open in Korean cinemas July 6.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201606261833220955253_2 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watch the raw Seondal. 

YSH-I watched him playing as [somewhat mischievous] god a.k.a. Jade Emperor in Arang and magician in Joseon Magician, and now a swindler in Seondal... #1 mischievous sageuk prince, he always looks good in those period robe...

Archived