Cinematographer : 
Production Company : 
Distribution Company : CJ Entertainment
Crank In : Jun 05, 2015
Crank Up : 
Official Website : TBA
Release Date : July 6, 2016

Synopsis :
Kim Seondal (Yoo Seung-Ho) is a genius swindler, possessing an alluring appearance and boldness. He works with Bo-Won (Ko Chang-Seok), Female Buddhist Yoon (Ra Mi-Ran) and Gyeon (Xiumin). The swindler team is famous nationwide.

The team decide to steal tobacco which is the most expensive traded product. For their plan, they have to deceive the most powerful man Sung Dae-Ryeon (Cho Jae-Hyun).

CGZOfQBWsAEVxH2.jpg

Cast : 
Yoo Seung Ho as Kim In Hong (Sundal Kim)
Cho Jae Hyun as Sung Dae Ryeon
Ko Chang Seok as Bo Won
Ra Mi Ran as Female Buddhist Yoon
Xiumin as Gyeon
Yeon Woo Jin as King Hyojong
Seo Ye Ji as Gyu Young
Jun Suk Ho as Lee Wan

Notes :

- Filming began June 5, 2015 and finished September 30, 2015.
- Movie is based on the folktale "Bongyi Kim Sundal.”
- Early working title was "Kimsundal" ("Seondal Kim").

Videos :

Poster :

Still : 

CGutEYFUkAIv75K.jpg

REMINDER AND PLEASE READ!
Soompi code of conduct | k-drama & movies forum rules
Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported to the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or SoompiTV) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Guest adikkeluangman

EXO′s Xiu Min Considering New Movie with Yoo Seung Ho

On the verge of becoming the next EXO member to jump into the acting world, EXO′s Xiu Min was revealed to be considering a role in an upcoming new movie.

On May 19, SM Entertainment stated, "Xiu Min is currently positively considering appearing in the movie, Kim Seon Dal. 

77807192.jpg

The movie will be about the folk hero, Kim Seon Dal, of the late Chosun era. Yoo Seung Ho has been confirmed to appear in the movie, which will be directed by Park Dae Min of Shadow Murder from 2009. 

If Xiu Min takes the role, he will be acting as a member of Kim Seon Dal′s crew that Kim Seon Dal especially cherishes

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/92829/exos-xiu-min-considering-new-movie-with-yoo-seung-ho

-----
EXO’s Xiumin, Yoo Seung Ho, and More Confirmed for New Movie Cast Lineup

The full cast lineup for the upcoming film “Kim Sun Dal” (working title) has been revealed!

It has been confirmed that EXO member Xiumin will be joining actors Yoo Seung Ho, Jo Jae Hyun, Go Chang Suk, Yeon Woo Jin, Seo Ye Ji, Ra Mi Ran, and more on the big screen.

kim-sun-dal.jpg

CJ Entertainment, the film’s distribution company, revealed on June 1, “The final cast lineup has been confirmed,” and released the full roster.

Yoo Seung Ho will be playing the role of Kim In Hong, the greatest con man during the Joseon era. Xiumin is said to be taking on the role of Gyun Yi, who is the maknae (youngest member) of one of the biggest fraud rings, as well as a close friend that Yoo Seung Ho’s character takes care of.

“Kim Sun Dal” is a comedy-historical production that is based on a classical novel. The cast and crew of the film plan to begin filming during the month of June.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/31/exos-xiumin-yoo-seung-ho-and-more-confirmed-for-new-movie-cast-lineup/ 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Idols Take Over the Silver Screen in 2016

It appears that idols are continuing to break the mold by taking on the world of film well into the next year.

At the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) on October 3, CJ Entertainment revealed its lineup of films set to be released in 2016. The cast lists include a number of well-known idols, including miss A’s Suzy, EXO’s Xiumin and D.O, and singer Lee Seung Gi.

201510040445777568_56103242acd9a_99_2015

Some of the films in the lineup are “Collective Invention,” “Asura,” “Night of Seven Years” (based on the novel of the same title), “Gosanja, Daedong Yeojido.” The films set to be released are in a variety of genres, and feature a number of surprising idol debuts as well as comebacks.

Two of these are from global Hallyu group EXO, who are slowly gaining building a reputation in dramas and films. Member D.O is set to star in “Hyung” (working title) while Xiumin will debut in the historical comedy “Kim Seon Dal” (working title).

Suzy of miss A, known as the “nation’s first love” after her role in “Architecture 101,” is making her return to the silver screen through “Dorihwaga” (The Hymn), directed by Lee Jong Pil. The film is about a Joseon-era pansori (traditional Korean musical storytelling) master who teaches his art to the young daughter of a shamaness.

Although not really an idol singer, Lee Seung Gi will be appearing in “Chemistry” with director Hong Chang Pyo. The film is in the same series as 2013’s “The Face Reader,” and tells the story of a fortune teller who predicts compatibility between marriage prospects. Lee Seung Gi will be working with actress Shim Eun Kyung in this project.

The 20th Busan International Film Festival runs from October 1 to 10.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/04/idols-take-over-the-silver-screen-in-2016/

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho says he would never do drag again after 'Kim Sun Dal' movie

Actor Yoo Seung Ho opened up about dressing in drag for the upcoming movie 'Kim Sun Dal'.

At the press conference for the movie on May 31, Yoo Seung Ho talked about his role Kim Sun Dal, saying, "I think there's a large gap between my personality and the personality of swindler Kim Sun Dal. That's why I felt pressure acting out the role. It was a challenge as an actor."

CjxuoRQUoAYvt-f.jpg

He continued, "It was also a challenge dressing up as a woman. This project was the first time for me. Firstly, the makeup and costume staff had a lot of work to do. Honestly, I thought I'd be pretty as a woman because people used to tell me I was pretty more than handsome as a kid."

Yoo Seung Ho didn't get what he expected as he revealed, "But when I did dress up like a woman, I looked too much like a man. That's why the makeup team had to work a lot. I wore a dress for the first time, and there was a lot of ventilation. It was a hot day, and I don't think I'll forget the experience. I don't think I'll do it again."

'Kim Sun Dal', also starring Jo Jae Hyun, Yeon Woo Jin, Kang Chang Seok, Ra Mi Ran, and EXO's Xiumin, premieres in July.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/yoo-seung-ho-says-he-would-never-do-drag-again-after-kim-sun-dal-movie 

-----
EXO's Xiumin relays a funny episode during the filming of 'Kim Sun Dal'

EXO's Xiumin attended a press conference for 'Kim Sun Dal,' his latest movie project, which was held on May 31 at Seoul Gangnam's CGV. 

Xiumin, ever humble, admitted during the conference, "I don't know much about acting. As a rookie actor, there was something that made me feel really sorry [toward the other actors]." 

CjwM-6bVAAA_vNZ.jpg

Xiumin relayed, "I was acting a scene where I was supposed to be dead but I actually fell asleep. As a rookie actor, I fell asleep right then and there among seasoned actors. I was still sleeping [when the director said], 'Okay, cut.' It's kind of funny but I feel really bad [about falling asleep]." 

'Kim Sun Dal' is set to premiere in theaters on July 6.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/exos-xiumin-relays-a-funny-episode-during-the-filming-of-kim-sun-dal 

-----
EXO’s Xiumin Recalls Hilarious Experience Filming Death Scene In New Movie

EXO’s Xiumin recently shared a humorous occurrence at the production briefing session for the film, “Kim Sun Dal,” attended by the director and actors Yoo Seung Ho, Go Chang Suk, and Ra Mi Ran.

Taking on his big screen debut as the con man-in-training Gyun Yi, Xiumin mentions, “I don’t know much about acting. And there’s something that happened while filming that I’m sorry for as a rookie actor.

CjxkQopUYAU_4Gu.jpg

“While I was acting a death scene, I actually fell asleep. Me, a rookie, fell asleep in front of all of his seniors. I was still asleep even after they said, ‘okay, cut.’ It’s a funny story but I was very sorry about it.”

“Kim Sun Dal” is a historical comedy about legendary con man Kim Sun Dal, who tricks even the king and sells off the ownerless Taedong river. The film opens in theaters on July 9.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/31/exos-xiumin-recalls-hilarious-experience-filming-death-scene-in-new-movie/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

EXO’s Xiumin Talks About Acting With Yoo Seung Ho And Ra Mi Ran

During the recent press conference for upcoming movie “Kim Sun Dal,” held on May 31, EXO’s Xiumin expresses his thanks to the cast and crew of the movie.

Greeting the public as an actor rather than a singer, the star explains how while he was initially really worried, being able to work with such a great director, staff, and actors made him think that he was a really lucky guy, and was able to act comfortably thanks to everyone.

Cj0LVDSUYAA_BYo.jpg

He adds, “It was a really warm, family-like atmosphere.”

When asked why he agreed to this production, Xiumin answers, “Of course, I agreed to this movie because of Yoo Seung Ho. After meeting everyone, I think Ra Mi Ran is also very charming. When we’re together, we talk a lot, and I feel like I’m falling deeper into her charms.”

While Ra Mi Ran explains how they have similar thought processes, Xiumin cheekily says, “We can tell what the other is thinking just through our gazes. She’s like my soulmate.”

During the conference, the star also revealed a funny incident that happened to him while filming.

“Kim Sun Dal” will open in South Korean theaters on July 6.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/31/exos-xiumin-talks-about-acting-with-yoo-seung-ho-and-ra-mi-ran/ 

I'm definitely looking forward to watch this movie. ^^ I love Yoo Seung Ho, he is a really good actor and I like that he's challenging himself with a variety of roles. :) This movie seems like a feel-good movie to enjoy during the summer. I love comedies. ^^

Thank you @adikkeluangman and @mysignisflower for the updates and the beautiful pictures. 

Guest adikkeluangman

Xiumin makes a move on actress Ra Mi Ran?

EXO's Xiumin proved to all that he's a man who is full in equal parts of macho and aegyo on the June 5 installment of MBC's 'Section TV.' 

The 'Kim Sun Dal' cast were guests on 'Section TV,' and during one segment of the interview, Xiumin was given an opportunity to showcase his many charms. The idol first showed off his 'manliness,' sliding his arm around actress Ra Mi Ran's shoulder and asking her, "Shall we go for a drive?" 

Xiumin_1465143235_1.jpg

When the interviewer requested for him to put on some aegyo, Xiumin obliged, again using Ra Mi Ran as the object of his desire. He linked his arm through Ra Mi Ran's and displayed his best aegyo. A totally smitten Ra Mi Ran said, "Xiumin really has lots of aegyo." 

Co-star Yoo Seung Ho added, "On the film set, hyung [Xiumin] would be the one who acted with aegyo [despite being older]. Since he acted like he was young, I was able to be more like an older brother [toward him]." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/xiumin-makes-a-move-on-actress-ra-mi-ran 

-----
Would Yoo Seung Ho want to be reborn as himself?

Yoo Seung Ho loves himself so much that he would only want to be reborn as himself.

On the June 5 broadcast of 'Section TV,' the interviewer asked Yoo Seung Ho and the rest of the 'Kim Sun Dal' cast to choose whom they would like to be reborn as. The catch was that they could only choose among themselves. While everyone chose another person, Yoo Seung Ho was the only person to choose himself. 

CkNUzEWVEAAnGyT.jpg

When asked to give the reason for selecting himself, Yoo Seung Ho answered, "Just because I like myself." 

We agree that we wouldn't want you to be anyone else, Yoo Seung Ho! 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/06/would-yoo-seung-ho-want-to-be-reborn-as-himself 

-----
Watch: EXO’s Xiumin Charms Ra Mi Ran With Both Charisma and Aegyo

EXO’s Xiumin proves to be a master of all trades when it comes to wooing a girl’s heart.

On June 5, the cast of upcoming movie “Kim Sun Dal” sat down for an interview with MBC’s “Section TV.”

2016060516342046367-540x1079_99_20160605

First, at the MC’s insistence, both Yoo Seung Ho and Xiumin are asked to show off how they would charm a girl in a charismatic way, as if they were “tough guys.” During the singer’s turn, he turns to co-star Ra Mi Ran and casually puts his arm around her, before softly asking, “Shall we go for a drive [together]?”

Later on in the interview, the cast talks about how young Xiumin looks compared to his age, and explains that while he is actually 27 years old (in Korea), his character in the movie is 16 years old. Yoo Seung Ho, who is three years younger than the idol, explains how it was easier for him to play an older character because Xiumin would act younger and cuter despite being the hyung (older brother).

Ra Mi Ran seconds his statement by saying, “Xiumin really has a lot of aegyo,” and prods him to demonstrate.

Taken aback, the singer asks in a cute voice, “Aegyo? Here?,” before adorably expressing his discontent by playfully hitting the actress’s shoulders. Embarrassed, he immediately hides behind Ra Mi Ran afterwards.

Watch Xiumin’s charming antics below! (The charismatic attempt is at 0:23, and his cute attempt is at 1:53.)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/05/watch-exos-xiumin-charms-ra-mi-ran-with-both-charisma-and-aegyo/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho Reveals Who He Wants To Be If He Were Reborn

Yoo Seung Ho declares that even if he were to be born again, he would still want to be himself.

The actor appears with the cast of upcoming film “Kim Sun Dal” on the June 5 episode of MBC’s “Section TV,” where they are given signposts with each other’s faces and are asked to raise the signpost of the colleague they would like to become if they were reborn.

yoo-seung-ho-ko-chang-seok-ra-mi-ran-xiu

Go Chang Seok and Ra Mi Ran choose Yoo Seung Ho and EXO’s Xiumin. Xiumin picks Go Chang Seok, while Yoo Seung Ho alone raises his own signpost.

When asked for an explanation, Yoo Seung Ho simply answers with a playful smile, “I just like myself.”

The actor stars in “Kim Sun Dal,” a thrilling story of a sly and skilful swindler who, based on the folk tale, has even tricked a man into buying from him a river he does not own.

Featuring a strong ensemble of diverse characters, the film is expected to premiere in July.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/05/yoo-seung-ho-reveals-who-he-wants-to-be-if-he-were-reborn/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho Transforms Into A Fair Maiden In New “Kim Sun Dal” Stills

From a king to a beautiful maiden, Yoo Seung Ho shows he can pull any transformation off.

On June 13, CJ Entertainment released new stills of the actor from the upcoming movie “Kim Sun Dal.”

Yoo-Seung-HO1.jpg

Playing a genius conman who turns the eight provinces of Joseon on its head with his acts, Yoo Seung Ho’s sly expressions heightens the curiosity surrounding how his character will pull off various instances of fraud.

In one photo he is in the midst of selling a chicken as a phoenix for double the price, and in another he pretends to be a monk to sell the Cheomseongdae Observatory for 10 thousand nyang (old Korean currency). He is joined by Bo Won (played by Go Chang Suk), who is a master of disguise.

In yet another transformation, Yoo Seung Ho dresses as a king in order to hijack the gold bars from the palace, with a heavy yet dignified expression on his face. In the last revealed photo, he even dresses as a beautiful maiden, willing to go to any length for his cons.

Yoo-Seung-Ho-3.jpg

Spoiler

Yoo-Seung-Ho-2.jpg

“Kim Sun Dal” is a historical movie that tells the tale of legendary conman Kim Sun Dal and how he even fooled the king in order to sell the ownerless Taedong River. Starring Yoo Seung Ho, Go Chang Suk, Ra Mi Ran, EXO’s Xiumin, and Jo Jae Hyun, it will be released in South Korean theaters on July 6.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/12/yoo-seung-ho-transforms-into-a-fair-maiden-in-new-kim-sun-dal-stills/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoo Seung Ho And EXO’s Xiumin Brighten Up The Set Of “Seondal: The Man Who Sells The River”

“Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River” releases still cuts from behind the scenes of the movie set today, showing the bright atmosphere and friendship among the cast.

In the images, we can see Yoo Seung Ho, Go Chang Suk, Ra Mi Ran, and EXO’s Xiumin smiling at the camera and at each other on the film set, enjoying each other’s company and teamwork. It is said that the set was full of laughter despite the hard work as the cast made sure to encourage one another.

Ck5N5u9VEAEV2Z-.jpg

“Seondal: The Man Who Sells the River” is historical heist film based on a classic novel and depicts the legend of the Joseon dynasty’s greatest con man. Yoo Seung Ho plays Kim Seon Dal, a notorious scammer trying to tell the Taedong River, and Go Chang Sukl plays his his sidekick Bo Won. Ra Mi Ran plays the fraudulent fortune-teller Yoon Bo Sal, and Xiumin, in his first film, plays Gyun Yi, a con man-in-training.

The film premieres July 6. Watch the trailer below.

yoo-seung-ho-go-chan-seok-film.jpg

Spoiler

yoo-seung-ho-film.jpgxiumin-go-chang-seok-film-.jpgra-mi-ran-go-chang-suk-film.pngxiumin-yoo-seung-ho-go-chang-suk-film.pn

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/14/yoo-seung-ho-and-exos-xiumin-brighten-up-the-set-of-seondal-the-man-who-sells-the-river/ 

Archived